Seekers, what annoys you the most when in as squad?

uncleblademaster
uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Seeker
Pet peeves.. Pretty much anything when in a squad if any.
Post edited by uncleblademaster on

Comments

• soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Knockbacks and seals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Knockbacks and seals.
    +1

Also, when people expect my seeker to tank, but never give him the chance to get aggro in order to tank.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The cleric is spamming CHB when the boss is clearly beating down on me, but, that would annoy anyone. My biggest peeve is having another seeker in the squad, who should've rolled a BM/Sin. You know the type: The ones who activate a stance and just stand there auto-attacking, or, just activate vortex whenever they have enough sparks. Same train of thought: The seekers that won't co-ordinate stances with me, or, just don't listen; Nothing quite like having Sage NSW, when the other guy has his Lv.10 up and just spins around on the spot.
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    everything here^ and on a side note i love watching sins die to the one boss in fc that does the whirling super slash or whatever..............always funny to watch them mess there spark timing up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Clerics that yell about not having time to put BB up while I can clearly solo pulls (and reminding the squad about it every 5 seconds when they panic cause we don't have a barb) and don't require outside dd-ing or heals.

Seekers who pull full magic halls and try to vortex in the corner while the mobs are way outside their range.

Sins who refuse to bp me saying that I have a large hp pool anyway (lol?).

Pissy barbs who see me as a threat to their barb ego even if I'm not pulling/tanking/whatever.

Squad members who yell at me for not healing them (confused with mystics I guess lol).

People asking me to HF (lol again).

People criticizing my cultivation for no reason (cause apparently sage sucks and demon is the new thing).

100+ clerics pm'ing me in nw because they see my tt80 weapon and assume I'm an easy kill, then rage quit because after chasing me for 5 minutes they can't kill me.

Yeah, some FF squads are just really stupid nowadays... I prefer to level via PV and duoing FF with my sin. We'll see how it goes once I hit 100.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Suikyo - Raging Tide
    Suikyo - Raging Tide Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    clerics who dont buff, ppl w8ing until the sin kill all the shades on fc(come on!! my seeker is gonna do the job and he can tank w/o heals) barbs who doesnt know the skill "Roar" bm who only use fist, i have no problem with other classes, mostly hey know what to do
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    When people complain about vortex not going up in time -.-
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Clerics that yell about not having time to put BB up while I can clearly solo pulls (and reminding the squad about it every 5 seconds when they panic cause we don't have a barb) and don't require outside dd-ing or heals.

Seekers who pull full magic halls and try to vortex in the corner while the mobs are way outside their range.

Sins who refuse to bp me saying that I have a large hp pool anyway (lol?).

Pissy barbs who see me as a threat to their barb ego even if I'm not pulling/tanking/whatever.

Squad members who yell at me for not healing them (confused with mystics I guess lol).

People asking me to HF (lol again).

People criticizing my cultivation for no reason (cause apparently sage sucks and demon is the new thing).

100+ clerics pm'ing me in nw because they see my tt80 weapon and assume I'm an easy kill, then rage quit because after chasing me for 5 minutes they can't kill me.

Yeah, some FF squads are just really stupid nowadays... I prefer to level via PV and duoing FF with my sin. We'll see how it goes once I hit 100.

LOOOOOOL
    I agree with most of what you said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I started on archer and that pull was doable with Barrage of Arrows. So on seeker I thought I could do it the same way, squad wiped. Live and learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't have a seeker but I get irritated for their sake if they legitimateily have very few mana potions, tell the party this and then proceed to be harassed for not vortexing a bazillion times instead of being lent a few potions if the squad really wants their vortex that bad o_o
    On the other side of the coin I knew a seeker once who pretended he didn't have the skill Vortex learnt just 'cause he didn't want to buy mana potions if and only when he didn't have them... 'xD
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I started on archer and that pull was doable with Barrage of Arrows. So on seeker I thought I could do it the same way, squad wiped. Live and learn.

After you stop pulling them, run few steps back and vortex right on the magic mobs, phy mobs will falow in the vortex.
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On the other side of the coin I knew a seeker once who pretended he didn't have the skill Vortex learnt just 'cause he didn't want to buy mana potions if and only when he didn't have them... 'xD

That seeker would be one I would not invite.. A seeker is an AOE tank. So he should be at least master that role. MP pots are a coin sink, but that's the price you have to pay... A seeker without vortex is like a BM without HF or a sin without BP.. Noone needs people like that.

at the topic:
    1) I start getting angry, when people tell me what I should do or don't.
    2) Psychics that didn't learn that Soul of silence is no skill do use in instances..
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vortex interrupting....
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2013
    people who think all a seeker is allowed to do is vortex
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    beforesun wrote: »
    That seeker would be one I would not invite.. A seeker is an AOE tank. So he should be at least master that role. MP pots are a coin sink, but that's the price you have to pay... A seeker without vortex is like a BM without HF or a sin without BP.. Noone needs people like that.

at the topic:
    1) I start getting angry, when people tell me what I should do or don't.
    2) Psychics that didn't learn that Soul of silence is no skill do use in instances..

i get called lazy by friends when i vortex in warsong instead of using my aoes, so yeah xD, that reasoning is quite incorrect + ya say how seeker should play but hate to be told how to play, quite ironic

my pet peeves, is people underestimating seeker, and thinking only vortex is good
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    what annoyed me back then:
    nothing too memorable o.o maybe i was lucky, it was when seekers first came out so others never really questioned us.

what annoys me at present:
    nothing really o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People who have their font in ridiculous colours on this here forum.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This whole thread is kinda stupid... not the idea of it but the things people are saying, first.. vortex on a boss is the best damage, second when someone asks you to hf they most likely mean transfer the curse effect you have on yourself.

And i guess the most annoying thing i find is when other seekers try to tell me that my pve debuff's do work in pvp when they clearly say right on them only usable in pve.

oh and for whoever was saying people are telling you that you should be demon.. there wrong.. sage is still the only way to go with a seeker. 90% of sanctuary's seelers are sage i'd say, the rest.. well their in lg.
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This whole thread is kinda stupid... not the idea of it but the things people are saying, first.. vortex on a boss is the best damage, second when someone asks you to hf they most likely mean transfer the curse effect you have on yourself.

And i guess the most annoying thing i find is when other seekers try to tell me that my pve debuff's do work in pvp when they clearly say right on them only usable in pve.

oh and for whoever was saying people are telling you that you should be demon.. there wrong.. sage is still the only way to go with a seeker. 90% of sanctuary's seelers are sage i'd say, the rest.. well their in lg.

This.
    Although even though vort = best dmg, seekers are a DEBUFF class, we use debuffs to help the squad, so if you don't have a stance up and are debuffing the mobs/boss or whatever (purely PvE mind you) then you are doing something WRONG. or not something, ALOT of things, you aren't playing your class right or to it's fullest potential at all.
    thus my problems with other seekers start here:

-seekers that don't use stances in PvE (just gtfo now)
    -seekers that ONLY use vort (I mean how lazy can you be -.-)
    -seekers that don't debuff a boss before setting up vort
    -seekers that only normal attack (I mean... really? ._.)

Oh and i have a personal little complaint about seekers using stances in PvP, I personally don't do it because I prefer having the 100% chance to immobile with Heartseeker rather than having the chance to get a debuff on whoever I'm bashing on.
    I have nothing against seekers that do use stances in PvP, but what I would love to have is the 100% chance to Immobile sticking around instead of glitching stupidly when I put a stance on, please fix this PWI b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited January 2013
    oh ofc use your heart shatter/mind shatter/soul shatter depending on the classes in your squad and generally i will use soulsever on bosses and parched blade for mobs incase vortex drops the stun is quite usefull when 30 mobs are hitting you..

and yes i forgot to metion that our skills say 100% chance but really only have an 80% chance with a stance on >.>
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    People who have their font in ridiculous colours on this here forum.
    medium turquoise since 2008 b:laugh imagine all that text
    aside from that you should read carefully. Title clearly says 'when in as squad' mr grumpy pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • dragoorphis
    dragoorphis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nothing. Mah seeker solo everything :/
    Except WS, which I do not do anymore :D
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lunari_Fenix, Fon and Zheii you wrote most of the things that was on my mind XD

I hate when there are other seekers in the squad... That often causes troubles than helps.
    Like:

★ Overbuffing my higher lvl'd buffs
    ★ Using Krav Maga&Saber Rattle for 1k times making me use Bladed Fervor another 1k times. (Yea I insist Bladed Fervor)
    ★ Seekers who enter a long instance w/o crabs and herbs and running out at the middle of fight to buy some.
    Other classes:
    ★ Sins who dun wanna give me bp because I have crabs o.o
    ★ High lvl'd clerics that don't have their buffs maxed. o.O"
    ★ People who insist me to tank or pull with my failed dd build. >.<
    ★ People who pick on me on a PvE server because I dun like/can't do PvP or PK. This happens when we're waiting on something/someone and others killing time with duels.
    ★ Noob barbs that can't keep aggro and let me die D:
    ★ Clerics that can't heal 'n'
    ★ High lvl bm's who ask what's HF [Lolwut...]
    ★ Lvl 99 veno's with lvl 3 amp >.>;; [Are you kidding me?]
    Ok I want some ham now b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Lunari_Fenix, Fon and Zheii you wrote most of the things that was on my mind XD

I hate when there are other seekers in the squad... That often causes troubles than helps.
    Like:

★ Overbuffing my higher lvl'd buffs
    ★ Using Krav Maga&Saber Rattle for 1k times making me use Bladed Fervor another 1k times. (Yea I insist Bladed Fervor)
    ★ Seekers who enter a long instance w/o crabs and herbs and running out at the middle of fight to buy some.
    Other classes:
    ★ Sins who dun wanna give me bp because I have crabs o.o
    ★ High lvl'd clerics that don't have their buffs maxed. o.O"
    ★ People who insist me to tank or pull with my failed dd build. >.<
    ★ People who pick on me on a PvE server because I dun like/can't do PvP or PK. This happens when we're waiting on something/someone and others killing time with duels.
    ★ Noob barbs that can't keep aggro and let me die D:
    ★ Clerics that can't heal 'n'
    ★ High lvl bm's who ask what's HF [Lolwut...]
    ★ Lvl 99 veno's with lvl 3 amp >.>;; [Are you kidding me?]
    Ok I want some ham now b:avoid

You're font is annoying to read.. or maybe its just my eyes .-.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You're font is annoying to read.. or maybe its just my eyes .-.

its not just you. I had tears in my eyes after reading that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i think all the possible gripes have been listed. i think i have to say the most annoying one is when squadies have not learned how to manage agrro because they are fcc-babies and therefore have never had to wait for about 10% of the boss' hp in a lower bh/fb for the barb to establish aggro (this applies to mages in particular).

daru, i disagree about vortex, i think its lazy. thinking about it from a squad POV, and assuming that you have a decently equal squad, debuffing and rolling marks from stances increases the entire squads dd right? on pulls you vortex, maybe EB with mobs that seal or stun, or if clearing caves just aoe if you got OP sword.

seeker is a pretty versatile class, so clearly my biggest issue with other seekers is a lack of imagination. we are not boring aps class, there are so many combos to try out and tricks for different encounters, use your skills!
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    Oh yeah, did I mention seekers who debuff bosses and auto-attack thinking their damage is increased?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:

• Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    its not just you. I had tears in my eyes after reading that

i think orange was a decent color on the last presentation for the forums. bright orange on the brown background is jarring. and italics on web presentation is torturous. web = sans serif fonts plox'n'tyb:surrender
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2013
    aww that's too bad, I really like this font. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:

• TieIer - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Oh yeah, did I mention seekers who debuff bosses and auto-attack thinking their damage is increased?

i ****IGN HATE when im in squad with another seeker and all i see are them jsut auto atking seekers use skills to maximize damage they are just lazy or have only played sins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]