Removed Quest?

Options
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Okay, this bothered me, I just levelled an alt to 60 and noticed I didn't get a quest...that used to give a AA armor good till lv.70....(Unless you don't get the Rank one off course).
The said quest its the one which requires to kill Slitt(Snake boss in Nameless isle). So I checked the database and this is what I found:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/1652
Level required: 150

What the heck? b:angry

Switched to Brazilian version of PWDatabase and....

http://www.pwdatabase.com/br/quest/1652

Level required:60 - 70 (As it used to be)

What the heck PWE removing this quest how dare you!,what Im supposed to give my cute Psychic as armor till lv.70 now? a frigging NPC armor? b:angry b:angry
The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
Post edited by BerserkBeast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Okay, this bothered me, I just levelled an alt to 60 and noticed I didn't get a quest...that used to give a AA armor good till lv.70....(Unless you don't get the Rank one off course).
    The said quest its the one which requires to kill Slitt(Snake boss in Nameless isle). So I checked the database and this is what I found:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/1652
    Level required: 150

What the heck? b:angry

Switched to Brazilian version of PWDatabase and....

http://www.pwdatabase.com/br/quest/1652

Level required:60 - 70 (As it used to be)

What the heck PWE removing this quest how dare you!,what Im supposed to give my cute Psychic as armor till lv.70 now? a frigging NPC armor? b:angry b:angry

Oh you haven't heard? PWI next packs will contain that armor in their next new packs. (No but who knows their reason)b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Just use 3 stars 'til 70 or mold and you should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I frequently kill bosses for lower level players, and I have killed all the bosses in that level range frequently excluding slitt. One person said they needed it when they were listing their bosses to me, but then said nvm I dont have it. Was curious about this too. I don't see any reason to remove old quests ever (with the exception of the tauroc one outside of arrowshead manor, grinded for days!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is what I think happens to quests that disappear. PWI does an evaluation on certain quests. In one year, if 500-1000 people take the quest and complete it, then it stays. If less than 500 people take the quest and finish it, then it goes. Being that many people powerlvl now, the amount of people still taking the quest is low. Thus, it gets removed. Take the free account stash quest.....gone. Ever since they offered the account stash stone, more people rather pay for it, then quest for it, now the quest is gone.

Same with your gear quest. Offer people a reason to spend money R9....NW. Making powerleveling a more common thing to do, now little by little, free gear quests will be gone.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    This is what I think happens to quests that disappear. PWI does an evaluation on certain quests. In one year, if 500-1000 people take the quest and complete it, then it stays. If less than 500 people take the quest and finish it, then it goes. Being that many people powerlvl now, the amount of people still taking the quest is low. Thus, it gets removed. Take the free account stash quest.....gone. Ever since they offered the account stash stone, more people rather pay for it, then quest for it, now the quest is gone.

Same with your gear quest. Offer people a reason to spend money R9....NW. Making powerleveling a more common thing to do, now little by little, free gear quests will be gone.

So a lot of people do quests like the one asking for 30 Hays ? O,o or the one (impossible to complete) that requires Harpy Wraith? or the lv.102 one "The Circle" which requires non-existing boss?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

LOL if they was removing the quests people don't do cause of the power level there will be no quest left in game except BH100. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options

b:surrender__Now if only they'd do the {Removal of Quest} option, with 1 of the most popular (b:cold\\Hurls~At the thought//b:spit) and got rid of that D****dable 'Frienship Crystal quest' (and its quest starting Drop)

Now that quest was just plain useless from the beginning.....b:worriedb:surrender
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Man I remember when that boss was a challenge to kill with it's sleep, bleed and mp leech. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    and got rid of that D****dable 'Frienship Crystal quest' (and its quest starting Drop)

Now that quest was just plain useless from the beginning.....b:worriedb:surrender
    [/I]

Hey now, Friendship quest, along with Crazy Stone, was part of my daily routine to get from lvl 30 to 45. Couldn't go through west Arch without your common chat filling up with 'LF 2 for Friendship.'

Then BH came out, and 'poof'

*wobbles on cane, yells at whippersnappers to get off my lawn*
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hey now, Friendship quest, along with Crazy Stone, was part of my daily routine to get from lvl 30 to 45. Couldn't go through west Arch without your common chat filling up with 'LF 2 for Friendship.'

Then BH came out, and 'poof'

*wobbles on cane, yells at whippersnappers to get off my lawn*

I just save mine. Nice to link now-and-again in WC and get replies like "What is that?" and "I remember those!"

Though you do get the guy that you quoted sometimes: "That useless piece of ****, just NPC it!"
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I just save mine. Nice to link now-and-again in WC and get replies like "What is that?" and "I remember those!"

Though you do get the guy that you quoted sometimes: "That useless piece of ****, just NPC it!"

If you really wanna get some responses, link one of the completed tokens from a full FQ. I remember back in the day trying to save up those for the gear.... good times. lol
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If you really wanna get some responses, link one of the completed tokens from a full FQ. I remember back in the day trying to save up those for the gear.... good times. lol

I only have a couple. I get a little too aggravated trying to explain to several someones how to do it. Also...people. Reminds me of EU and AEU.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Really?
    Next up, we'll see the quests for Krimson and Jewelscalen disappear...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|