NW Alt's. What are the rules on this?

stinks
stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Nation Wars
I've seen a few threads of ppl admitting to using alts during NW. This bothers me because, although i do have the ability to duo client, I see it as taking points away from everyone else in your Nation. I be leave that Nation score is amount of score divided by the amount of ppl that are in that war. Eg: Frost Nation wins and get the bonus of 40% (or what ever it is) divided by amount of players in that Nation, alts included.

Anyway I see this as stealing and it should be against the rules. b:angry

Are there any posted rules about this, or should everyone just do it so its fair?

Not to mention the few ppl that admit to using more then 2 accounts during TW on the forums. We all know that your only aloud 2 accounts.

If Mod can respond to this pls ty.
Post edited by stinks on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's no rules so far about multi-client in NW, same for TW, the only rules is 2 accounts log in the same time, if for some reason you know someone using more than 2, take SS and send a ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the only rules is 2 accounts log in the same time...

This is the only rule as it currently stands, regardless of what you may use those two for.

If you know of someone going beyond said rule Fuzzy would ask you to submit a ticket.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    first off so im on topic i also believe there should be rules about alts in nw

if im not mistaken before the 2 accounts only rule some people had more then 2 and then tht rule came along and i believe the people who had made the accounts before tht rule was in place were aloud to keep all of the acounts open but they couldnt create anymore
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    anwynd wrote: »
    first off so im on topic i also believe there should be rules about alts in nw

if im not mistaken before the 2 accounts only rule some people had more then 2 and then tht rule came along and i believe the people who had made the accounts before tht rule was in place were aloud to keep all of the acounts open but they couldnt create anymore

Online it's 2 accounts, even if someone had 10 accounts before the rules, they can only have 2 accounts online at time, no matter if they have 10 computers or 1, it's 2 accounts online max.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Online it's 2 accounts, even if someone had 10 accounts before the rules, they can only have 2 accounts online at time, no matter if they have 10 computers or 1, it's 2 accounts online max.

like i said i could have been mistaken lol
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No rules really apply to NW other than those you would have to follow at any other time, I agree with all other posters on this. But you're scum if you log in alts through NW, there's no justifying throwing obstacles in the way of people just trying to enjoy the event.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    whocares,everything gets abused..its pw rightb:bye
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about this for possible alt abuse (Actual occurrence)...

last 7 minutes of the NW, an invasion into 1 of the territories freshly opening from timer by fire base....

1 supposed fellow (fire nation member) a BM) beats me too the battlefield, gets the flag while others of fire were porting in and then ran not too our flag planting zone, but too the other sides, and then didn't bother coming back and just waited for the oppostion to arrive while the rest of us couldn't do sh*t about him since he was on our side, supposedly....

"V4l, I didn't get shots of him, but this did happen, so please try and see too it, that this sorta thing doesn't become a repeat cheat issue for those who find out about it in the future"

((there should be some sorta timer or forced removal option that automatically removes the flag from a character who does that, when they park themselves on the opposite sides area like that V4l, so please see if the PROGs can do a quick Mod too the system so that others don't get cheated by these scumbags like we just were))....b:surrenderb:bye

PS: Did anyone else on {HT~server} or any other Servers experience this sort of BS tonight During NATION WARs, I'm intersted in seeing if this sorta abuse happened more then once tonight, to see if this was widley spread in the wars tonight???
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's pretty common to hear/see players multi-clienting in NW now. If you are locked in, in one nation, you can see other char and do things there, back and forth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Midnight/ - Harshlands6
    Midnight/ - Harshlands6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have to agree fully with these posts,Regardless if i sound like an a** or not.

Imo some form of inactivity counter should be implemented for alts...Sorta like if char doesnt show any movements for x amount of minutes gets kicked out,On harshlands ive noticed a few wars me and my team agree on a land to go together like 8 or so of us get in then last 2 stuck at base and why??Look around battlefield or spawn points and someones dropped in a alt and left it there.

I can understand if someones actively participating on 2 chars at same time then thats fine,but to just enter a war and sit there,seems really low standards.

Last thing id love to asks MOD's,Dev's Gm's whoever ...please put the letters on NW mapb:thanks
  • speedfire88
    speedfire88 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    double clienting making less supply token at the end for those who seriously play 1 char at NW b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Last night I decided to try the alt thing with my archer and cleric combo and I must say I did have a blast and played both.I really did enjoy the cleric part alot.it was alot easy to play because I have two computer screens in front of me.most cases on the nw while w one was traveling I would fight with the other.. It wasn't rocket science.

Archer made 44 token while cleric made. 32.

This nationwar jive is catching onto me haha blink I might go check out my demon roar next week.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Idk bout the so called fire nation dude with the flag going the wrong way but i was in fire nation last night and a light grabbed the flag and was running the wrong way. wanted him to get to our goal to see if it would give us a point lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's pretty common to hear/see players multi-clienting in NW now. If you are locked in, in one nation, you can see other char and do things there, back and forth.

Its all fun and games until my alt gets more tokens then other's mains. Last time my alt got 50 tokens :P And my main was well in to the 3 digits.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would agree with a timer as a partial solution. Say 1 minute of no imput gives you a 30 sec countdown to get sent back to base. This to me is close to fair, it means people afking for a bit can still participate (if its only "for a couple of minutes" you can add transit times, which is when you'd be more likely to go away anyway) is long enough no one legitimately playing will be accidentally sent back (because of lag, etc.) and short enough to weed out or at least annoy those multiclienting.

Being practical however, you're not going to eliminate this problem until you disallow multiclienting in NW, and this would only work with some actual enforcement, which I see as too complex and resource intensive... Unfortunately there will never be a full solution to this problem, as many members of our community really are petty minded small people.
  • Cuppers - Sanctuary
    Cuppers - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I do not know if it was an alt but on Sanctuary -removed- or something like that took the flag and just jumped around for like 10 minutes. Guess they were high from all the weed.
  • gramery
    gramery Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    stinks wrote: »
    I've seen a few threads of ppl admitting to using alts during NW. This bothers me because, although i do have the ability to duo client, I see it as taking points away from everyone else in your Nation. I be leave that Nation score is amount of score divided by the amount of ppl that are in that war. Eg: Frost Nation wins and get the bonus of 40% (or what ever it is) divided by amount of players in that Nation, alts included.

Anyway I see this as stealing and it should be against the rules. b:angry

Are there any posted rules about this, or should everyone just do it so its fair?

Not to mention the few ppl that admit to using more then 2 accounts during TW on the forums. We all know that your only aloud 2 accounts.

If Mod can respond to this pls ty.

I multi cliented in the second nation wars, as did a couple other people I knew. The result- anyone who brought an alt in and left them standing around- in base or in a region- got no points at all on the alt. I played my alt when my main was traveling, and did get 22 supply tokens on the alt- about 1/4th of what I got on my main. I didn't bring my alt into the same region as my main- she stayed in base til I played her.

I didn't repeat the double clienting for a couple reasons.

First- it was a pain switching. Figuring how to get out of the base after a couple of rounds took ages. Definitely not worth doing for two characters.

Secondly, while I don't believe having a non participating alt in will affect the number of tokens participating individuals in a nation will get, a non participating character does count among the total players in a nation- and means the nation as a whole has fewer people actively able to fight at all times.

I heard that another nation had quite a large number of people bringing in alts into the main base and leaving them there- and that nation came in last in that particular nation wars.

I decided that playing as much as I could on my main character was more fun for me- and more beneficial all around.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would agree with a timer as a partial solution. Say 1 minute of no imput gives you a 30 sec countdown to get sent back to base. This to me is close to fair, it means people afking for a bit can still participate (if its only "for a couple of minutes" you can add transit times, which is when you'd be more likely to go away anyway) is long enough no one legitimately playing will be accidentally sent back (because of lag, etc.) and short enough to weed out or at least annoy those multiclienting.

Being practical however, you're not going to eliminate this problem until you disallow multiclienting in NW, and this would only work with some actual enforcement, which I see as too complex and resource intensive... Unfortunately there will never be a full solution to this problem, as many members of our community really are petty minded small people.

I think you're onto something here. I think 30 second no input with 10 second response time while in a battlefield would be more reasonable. It could even be less. 1 Minute no input I could easily dual/triple/quad for. 30 seconds not as easy.

But at the same time, you could also do a bot setup for that on a spare computer and avoid it.

Of course, if PWI accepted and enforced (enforced being the key word) some sort of punishment for afk'ers in NW, I would happily send them fraps files of me running across the same exact afk'ers in the same exact spawn point facing the same exact direction with the only change being they regenned a little bit of hp from their charmless HP bars.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well i decided to test out how the multi clienting would work. Yes I did it and am not proud.

Before you call me hypocritical, I did it to see the results and am happy to anounce that id does not work so well.

the time it took to play both accounts, i ended up with close to the same score as if i played as a solo account. EG: solo i got 76, duo i got 56, and 20. Not only that but the 2nd account didn't get any reward due to lack of participation. meaning you need to actively play both accounts at the same time. The main account i was on, the Nation got 1st place. The 2nd account I was on the Nation got 2nd place (but no reward) this means I did not split the 2nd place reward with the rest of the Nation.

So by all means Duo account, since it does not work and you are only going to reduce the amount of game play + rewards yo would get on the main account. Proud of PW for thinking ahead on this problem. b:thanks
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If its easy enough or possible, make it each a/c can only get a quest once a week or twice a week. To get the NW Entree Pass, you need to be in a squade of 2 with a min lvl of 60+, and you need to speak to the npc to get a quest. Once thats done, you use up your once a week quest, and only the leader get the Entree Pass quest but non leader do not.
  • wendyjbarnes
    wendyjbarnes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Simple to solve and very happy Players solution. Just give level rewards to players. For example players to get 10 tokens get a low level untradable guardian charm. Player that gets to 50 tokens gets a higher one. Players that get to say 200 token reward get a full untradable guardian charm. Man that would be soo cool and it wb:victoryould stop alot of cheating.b:pleased[/B]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Simple to solve and very happy Players solution. Just give level rewards to players. For example players to get 10 tokens get a low level untradable guardian charm. Player that gets to 50 tokens gets a higher one. Players that get to say 200 token reward get a full untradable guardian charm. Man that would be soo cool and it w

ould stop alot of cheating.

[/b]
    This looks like a NECRO!

wendyjbarnes replied to a message that was 2 years 1 month 20 days 3 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• drcalgori87
    drcalgori87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    This is the only rule as it currently stands, regardless of what you may use those two for.

If you know of someone going beyond said rule Fuzzy would ask you to submit a ticket.

i know of a person who runs their main, and 4 catshops, they told me so on raid call, but when submitting a ticket how does one show proof?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    i know of a person who runs their main, and 4 catshops, they told me so on raid call, but when submitting a ticket how does one show proof?

A good way to show proof is to give them the names of all the characters, and if you had some proof of them admitting as much that would help.

Other than gonna close this as it is a necro.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.