New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That kirin picture linked... doesn't make sense. I'm certain that's the Snow Kirin mount in Seat of Chaos, both from Jade Dynasty. I own one, and I found the approximate location the pic was taken.

Maybe they can transfer graphics from other games into pwi now? o.O It doesn't make much sense to show that in pwi stuff otherwise.

Edit: Wiki link for the Snow Kirin - Third row from the bottom.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That kirin picture linked... doesn't make sense. I'm certain that's the Snow Kirin mount in Seat of Chaos, both from Jade Dynasty. I own one, and I found the approximate location the pic was taken.

Maybe they can transfer graphics from other games into pwi now? o.O It doesn't make much sense to show that in pwi stuff otherwise.

Edit: Wiki link for the Snow Kirin - Third row from the bottom.

Well, the three tailed fox also has the same exact model proportions/etc as several of the mounts on that page, to give an example, too. /lots of other things on that page. Like half of the things xD
    Regardless, that is very intresting to know o.o
    ...and gives a much larger preview picture as to what that critter looks like xD

/just so you know your post may very well have the hounds sent at it/part of it by a responsible party who may, as it mentions the name of another game and etcetc
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well, I'm pretty sure both games use the same base client so it's not that surprising. 0=)

I'm more confused that the pic seems to have come from jd proper. o.O (Riderless mounts aren't all that out of the ordinary for that game.)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Yeah one of the things I noticed on that screenshot was that the background for the pet was so much different than the other pets... and didn't look like anything I'd seen in pwi before, even in the Blazing Heart area. Dx'
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Originally Posted by Azura - Lost City
    I asked my Chinese friend to translate that page and he said:

1: Soul Transfusion would give a buff like deaden nerves that last 15 seconds after using.

2: Bramble Hood would push back melee enemies by 18m.

BUT

This is a suggestion only. So, this means they are not actually doing this change
    Ahh well.
    Also, if Bramble Hood were to be changed to push back melee enemies...wouldn't that be totally against the very skill? The point of Bramble Hood is the 200% damage returned (besides the damage reduction). Well it may not work in open PK but it still works in TW, NW and duels.

Interesting.
    So i wanna to know more information about the soulforce and the pets. There is a part of the text, they say about the 8 pet's stats (HP, Atk, P.Def...) and the veno's soulforce. The god monkey wukong and kunpeng are two pets based in the soulforce, but the text mentions something about the petite sawfly can be improved with the soulforce. I think that all of the pets will be upgraded by the veno's soulforce, but the god monkey king and kunpeg will be impreoved more with the soulforce than other pets.
    Another part of the text about two new pet skills, but i don't know if are two skills for the pet, or skill for the veno interact with the pet like natural sinergy. The 2 skills are named: Spirit link series skills, and i think that the veno can share with her pet part of the damage suffered and vice versa, with this skill.

All pets being inflienced/improved by soulsphere b:dirty yes yes please!

Pet sharing a part of the Venomancer's damage suffered is a rather nice idea too. I can see it as having more PvE applications than PvP (pets die too fast etc.) but it's really great o.o

The other version could potentially help pets survive AoEs and make them tank more effectively provided the Venomancer can take hits.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pet ≠ summon

If it matters.

hm.... what is ur point?
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That is correct. Pretty much anything running on the Angelica engine can be easily ported into PWI. Most of Morai is taken directly from FW.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    That is correct. Pretty much anything running on the Angelica engine can be easily ported into PWI. Most of Morai is taken directly from FW.

That doesn't even surprise me XD
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Interesting.
    So i wanna to know more information about the soulforce and the pets. There is a part of the text, they say about the 8 pet's stats (HP, Atk, P.Def...) and the veno's soulforce. The god monkey wukong and kunpeng are two pets based in the soulforce, but the text mentions something about the petite sawfly can be improved with the soulforce. I think that all of the pets will be upgraded by the veno's soulforce, but the god monkey king and kunpeg will be impreoved more with the soulforce than other pets.
    Another part of the text about two new pet skills, but i don't know if are two skills for the pet, or skill for the veno interact with the pet like natural sinergy. The 2 skills are named: Spirit link series skills, and i think that the veno can share with her pet part of the damage suffered and vice versa, with this skill.

If your friend could translate this, will be cool, because it's very confused for me that doesn't speak chinese and try understand by google tradutor.

I hope all pets really get benefited by soulforce.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope all pets really get benefited by soulforce.

+1, this way veno can have many option what pet they like to have and use. cant wait to try this in game when it launch.
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xd it's nice to see a change in venos skills since they lack heavy dd and wrong skill descriptions.

but xd we will soon see if these new veno skills are enough to make venos a more balanced class.
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    New mini-expansion has release date: January,16. It's called: "Hegemony".

http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20121219/68785.shtml

"The perfect international" brand new version "hegemony" cross-service formally launched on January 16, the inter-service battle broke out. The country battle new ways to usher in a new map, goblins Nirvana combat pet evolutionary develop a system development effort counteroffensives each of the new content soon more double once "activity turns offer, a 2013 Let passion go to war!

The evolutionary advent goblins combat pet Nirvana
    "Perfect World" new version "cross-service hegemony" to usher in the rise of fairies, the output of the status of the main force can not shake. Goblin war favors obtained on the basis of the original evolution, to inherit the owner's ability to value. The evolved combat pet in a substantial increase in the value of life, attack power, defense, attack rating and defense rating, enough to gain a firm foothold in the battle to become the strong output. Combat pet has its own unique personality, has a different character skills, fighting complementary with goblin own ability. Develop strong combat pet, combat effectiveness will leap enhance Fairy Spring is coming.

Yaozu the transfiguration struck Panda staged Chinese Kung Fu
    Yaozu is the only "perfect international incarnations different combat skills race. In the new version, Yaozu transfiguration system upgrade, "Panda", "butterfly feather fox" two new incarnations morphology, more gorgeous appearance. "Panda" image added more elements added to the game, the Wicked the transfiguration Panda morphology, the use of combat skills will be demonstrated in the form of Chinese martial arts, the fluid moves more realistic as the martial arts superstar. Elves "cocoon butterfly" gorgeous transformation, new incarnations image "butterfly feather fox" gorgeous appearance Grace, multicolored Dieyi shining a brilliant light, highlighting million Vamp king of infinite charm. "

What does it mean:"Combat pet nirvana"?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xd it's nice to see a change in venos skills since they lack heavy dd and wrong skill descriptions

You're saying venos lack good dd? -lol
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    You're saying venos lack good dd? -lol

If you compare their DD to wizzies or psys, yes they have weaker DD. Lack of good DD? I wouldn't go that far, especially if the veno is demon. Y'know, demon venomous gives 30% more dmg on wood skills, our main element when in caster mode and it is very spammable that it becomes ridiculous.

Ergo, venos can have strong DD but it remains that it is decent DD and not incredible DD, although R9 can fix most DD issues nowadays, no matter the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012

"The perfect international" brand new version "hegemony" cross-service formally launched on January 16, the inter-service battle broke out. The country battle new ways to usher in a new map, goblins Nirvana combat pet evolutionary develop a system development effort counteroffensives each of the new content soon more double once "activity turns offer, a 2013 Let passion go to war!

The evolutionary advent goblins combat pet Nirvana
    "Perfect World" new version "cross-service hegemony" to usher in the rise of fairies, the output of the status of the main force can not shake. Goblin war favors obtained on the basis of the original evolution, to inherit the owner's ability to value. The evolved combat pet in a substantial increase in the value of life, attack power, defense, attack rating and defense rating, enough to gain a firm foothold in the battle to become the strong output. Combat pet has its own unique personality, has a different character skills, fighting complementary with goblin own ability. Develop strong combat pet, combat effectiveness will leap enhance Fairy Spring is coming.

Yaozu the transfiguration struck Panda staged Chinese Kung Fu
    Yaozu is the only "perfect international incarnations different combat skills race. In the new version, Yaozu transfiguration system upgrade, "Panda", "butterfly feather fox" two new incarnations morphology, more gorgeous appearance. "Panda" image added more elements added to the game, the Wicked the transfiguration Panda morphology, the use of combat skills will be demonstrated in the form of Chinese martial arts, the fluid moves more realistic as the martial arts superstar. Elves "cocoon butterfly" gorgeous transformation, new incarnations image "butterfly feather fox" gorgeous appearance Grace, multicolored Dieyi shining a brilliant light, highlighting million Vamp king of infinite charm. "

What does it mean:"Combat pet nirvana"?

As always, google's translation from chinese is very confusing, but it seems to confirm that pets will get stronger as their masters gets stronger (probably with soulforce).
  • Niriam - Dreamweaver
    Niriam - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    hm.... what is ur point?
    I'm saying that pets are a different game function than summons. They are all PWI creatures used by player characters and do share some common features like the command hotkeys and play similar roles, but the key differences are relevant to the topic. Namely how they are brought into play. Summons are merely personifications of a type of skill, while pets are external and can be exchanged and raised. The way they can be changed and altered gameplay-wise are different. Enhancing summons are more akin to powering a skill up, while enhancing pets is not.

...I hope I'm making sense.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you compare their DD to wizzies or psys, yes they have weaker DD.

LFMAO! Do you actually play both? -I do. Wiz SUCKS!
    Lack of good DD? I wouldn't go that far, especially if the veno is demon. Y'know, demon venomous gives 30% more dmg on wood skills, our main element when in caster mode and it is very spammable that it becomes ridiculous.

900% on eruption, faster cast/channeling skills than wiz, chi gain or debuff on spam skill -nuff said. Comparable equips - veno killed boss in less than half the time of my wiz! Wiz is not the best aoe DD either. Only thing I value about my wiz is it's ease of use and low cost. I regret making a wiz! It bothered me when squad makers asked for wiz for caster nirvana knowing how bad they suck in general at 1-1 dd which is most of what Nirvana was about. Their heals suck, their buff sucks, their 1-1 dd sucks, and their survivability only arguably exceeds a clerics! Their AoE dd isn't even something to write home about. Mystic with same equips and some degree of competency will out aoe dd them in Rebirth, BH SoT/Aba, etc.
    Ergo, venos can have strong DD but it remains that it is decent DD and not incredible DD, although R9 can fix most DD issues nowadays, no matter the class.

All classes can be good dd (situational) regardless of R9.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012

The fox the fox the fox watercolourishart it's gorgeous. :D *falls over*
    Eh-hem o.o
    I was wondering what those new fliers on ecatomb looked like x3 Thank you~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    That artwork of the fox is damn pretty indeed! o.o
    Too bad google translator makes everything so confusing...I didn't understand anything from that text b:surrender

Also, battle pet pack sale. I knew it will happen considering the upcoming patch.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    LFMAO! Do you actually play both? -I do. Wiz SUCKS!

No, honey peaches, you probably suck at playing your wiz. I also play both, and it's a far cry from what you mutter about.
    However, you are comparing a veno with a wiz, which is like comparing oranges with cheesecake, thus most won't bother with you.
    Heck, in the time I've had on these forums, I know not to mind what you blabber about, as most probably also know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That artwork of the fox is damn pretty indeed! o.o
    Too bad google translator makes everything so confusing...I didn't understand anything from that text b:surrender

Yeah, it's very confusing to understand, I put this only t o demonstrate that the pet's changes will be not only in the phoenix and the hercules, it is as azura told, all of the pets will be upgraded.
    I'm very anxious to January, 16.
  • Yatza - Raging Tide
    Yatza - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    b:shocked As always Im super late... this thread is so exciting I'm looking forward to this patch and hope PWI wont take too long to add it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    One thing I'm hoping for is...a reduction on the pet EXP (especially after lvl 100) or an increase on the exp gained per mob kill >.<
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    No, honey peaches, you probably suck at playing your wiz. I also play both, and it's a far cry from what you mutter about.

Since I have yet to see a wiz play more proficiently; I'll assume the inverse and that you know not how to play anything but a wiz.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    However, you are comparing a veno with a wiz, which is like comparing oranges with cheesecake, thus most won't bother with you.
    Heck, in the time I've had on these forums, I know not to mind what you blabber about, as most probably also know.

What to expect from tweakz, his skills are incompetent so of course he thinks wizards are bad. Wizard is actually a potent class if you know how to play one. I have not played a high level wizard yet, but I think I would get there on wizard.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm super excited to see some Untamed love. The new forms are pretty cool, although that fox form is AMAZING. Such beautiful texturing and mesh detail.

<_< One thing I can't believe is that people aren't more excited over getting a pet Monkey King D: Journey to the West is one of my favorite chinese epics and the fact that this pet seems to be based on Sun Wukong is just awesome! If it is indeed a butterball upgrade, I may just have to break my promise to never get one and get gathering Source of Force.

I'm excited to see if the amphibian kirin is even going to be implemented. I heard it was an upgrade to a pet on the p2p version of PW, since we don't have that pet, I hope they still implement it.

Harpy lady...ehh, she's blue, so she has that going for her. I'd rather have that than a flying BBQ.

this
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Bubbles posted some news here!

Looks like there is a rumor about fox form skills being updated a bit...if this is true then it's great b:dirty even as an AA Venomancer I want that.

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why people talk about wizz in the veno section about new skills and pets....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Teramat - Archosaur
    Teramat - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just found some pics about veno's new fox from and pet. May as well post here

1355301807431_zps8a198c6b.jpg

001_zps9185db83.jpg

003_zpsdeb3174a.jpg

and new pet

1355301709229_zps3af1e0f5.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    We already have links for these pictures but not for the backview one. That's pretty neat!