New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And cloud leopard outside of Dreamweaver :D? On that note~

Yeah those silver foxes are awesome ._.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pot calling the kettle black much?
    Sorry for this turning into a long rant. Ironically I seem to be the one overthinking it. b:surrender

b:sweat
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    x.x Man admitted to 'ironically being the one to overthink it' in that very post, can we please not make this page's scrollbar even smaller by quoting that essay more times xD.

Anyway, yeah I was thinking of poking one of those weeping scorpion queens as a pet a long while back, too... didn't want to level the thing(this was before dinos were out, then they were out and it was like o_o Okay. Better dps than scrops anyway.) and unfortunately it's just a bit weaker when leveled than the noob-level-at-start scrops >:
    Hoping for something other than an 'okay have three pets now ignore the other ones like before' update~

i didnt get past the first sentence of that wall b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    i didnt get past the first sentence of that wall b:surrender
    >: Well it was a loveily, agreeable and thought provoking wall~.
    I write walls, too, so that's probabily why I read it all. xD *hands out cookies*

Moreish(n'aw it's still not, pff Idon'teven) on topic, has anyone tested the updated 100 skills to see if they actually just deal 'neutral' damage based on your magic attack +whatever kind of like how the Mystic's Absorb Soul does o_o 'cause that's the impression I keep getting.
    -oh, on page four of the screenshot board linked to from here there's some sort of dark top render of the new forme for venos.. I can't seem to drag the image to the adress bar to get a link since it does this weird 'open this image as D:<' thing, but it's posted by huntmoon on that page... the hip looks weird xD
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    @Veneir -I can only speak for Arcane Antinomy (not very lucky with maps lately so I've been unable to get the remaining Chrono pages) when it comes to the lvl100 skills.

The skill is nice, our only physical damage skill in human form and has a nice speed reduction and channeling reduction. It's lovely against magic classes <3 It costs one spark though and has a long-ish cooldown so you can't use it very often but I think the skill is worth it. At least to me o_o
    Have yet to try out the second one.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://www.pwbrchannel.com/2012/11/novas-transformacoes-para-os-selvagens.html

Translation: With the update of the Phoenix and Hercules, the level will remain the same, however all existing skills will be covered by others. Additionally, with the update, the number of skills will increase to 6.

Is this true?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Aka: Total awesomesauce news from this guy :D
    Nnn I got something else of the pet portion translated via google(that looks normal and not something like urine explosion xD), too: Three new pets have been released about 3 new pets, but according to some players, 15 new pets have been added to the game files. pets The following is an update of Hercules and Phoenix that can be obtained through military coins obtained in the Wars of Nations. There is no information as to Kirin.

-along with the other stuff that you got, and just by looking at the original version with my 'can sort of read but not actually translate after being in a foreign language for three years xD *fail*' that's what it looks like it says... Iiiiiii can't verify the page itself though so o_o
    But that'd be nice <3

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012

>: Well it was a loveily, agreeable and thought provoking wall~.
    I write walls, too, so that's probabily why I read it all. xD *hands out cookies*

You're too kind.
    Is this true?

Well, the article you linked makes it clear this is info coming from people with access to test servers and that none of this is official. We won't really know for sure until this is released in China. I would speculate that the new pets are getting the upgraded versions of their current skill sets (using the versions now available in faction bases) and that there should be some improvement to base stats (the article in Portuguese makes no mention of this) although attack/defense levels being absent from the description makes me wonder if any improvements on this regard will be implemented at all. This is a problem because it is precisely this mechanic that is mostly responsable for pets being unable to mantain aggro.

The number of skills being upped to six is near godly by itself, you could add Claw and Blessing to the monkey king or Strong and Protect to the harpy... And there's also the chance PW will throw those in for free. Even if base stats are not improved this alone ubers the pets up quite a bit, although still not enough to overcome the attack/defense levels issue. Unfortunately the article does seem to indicate that the extra skill slots become available through the upgrade, meaning all other pets remain unaffected and that those of us still trying to use those will be hit by a further increase in the performance gap... So, no upgrades for the pet system overall, just a "recast" of sorts for those from the boutique.

And 15 new pet models? Does that mean that the birdman's girlfriend design was actually on purpose? Man... East Asians have a wealth of elegance and beauty in their culture, but stuff like this makes you wonder if some of them aren't taking Gangnam Style a little too seriously...
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    there are somethings i would like to ask and comment :
    1. What does it mean by upgraded legendary pet, such as Harpy-lady is an upgrade to the Phoenix (DPS pet) ; Monkey king is an upgrade to the Hercules (tank pet)?
    Are there any specific items to promote existing pets to turn the pets into their higher rank?
    I really hope if yes it is. Otherwise, it may seem to spend money (for the 3rd and 4th time) to buy these new pets from mall LoL
    If so, i shall be really excited, since a veno depends so much on the pets she has.

2. I think, a sage veno has a better advantage since she has an easy-to-get sparks skills
    The new skills mentioned above are good for venos to balance the condition since a nowadays veno is very vulnerable to that physical jobs, at least, after implementing the new skills, she can last longer when you are stunned and attacked (known that we always get killed when we are stunned and immobilized.)

I just can wait any longer to these :D
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    helovesu wrote: »
    there are somethings i would like to ask and comment :
    1. What does it mean by upgraded legendary pet, such as Harpy-lady is an upgrade to the Phoenix (DPS pet) ; Monkey king is an upgrade to the Hercules (tank pet)?
    Are there any specific items to promote existing pets to turn the pets into their higher rank?
    I really hope if yes it is. Otherwise, it may seem to spend money (for the 3rd and 4th time) to buy these new pets from mall LoL
    If so, i shall be really excited, since a veno depends so much on the pets she has.

2. I think, a sage veno has a better advantage since she has an easy-to-get sparks skills
    The new skills mentioned above are good for venos to balance the condition since a nowadays veno is very vulnerable to that physical jobs, at least, after implementing the new skills, she can last longer when you are stunned and attacked (known that we always get killed when we are stunned and immobilized.)

I just can wait any longer to these :D

It says that the Hercules and Phoenix pet will be upgraded with supply tokens (which come from nation wars). So, there won't be anything to buy from cash shop, just start earning your supply tokens.

I will stop converting my supply tokens to raptures from now on.
  • helovesu
    edited December 2012
    It says that the Hercules and Phoenix pet will be upgraded with supply tokens (which come from nation wars). So, there won't be anything to buy from cash shop, just start earning your supply tokens.

I will stop converting my supply tokens to raptures from now on.

May i ask something?

The thing you called "Supply Tokens", you said that you are about to stop "converting" your supply tokens to rapture crystal.

Is the Supply Tokens similar to somewhat we call Nirvana Key (the Token/Key which is used to access the Nirvana Dungeon)? Because, once you get this token to be 99 numbers, it shall give you an access to get Rapture Crystal from the last boss of Nirvana, and also get 10 Uncanny Crystal after.

And, What does "Nation War" in your term mean?
    Is it similar to Teritorial War?

If so, i may have a difficulty to obtain that token since my guild is not a dominator, and i am not gonna obtain it for free though.

Thanks for your confirmation
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    May i ask something?

The thing you called "Supply Tokens", you said that you are about to stop "converting" your supply tokens to rapture crystal.

Is the Supply Tokens similar to somewhat we call Nirvana Key (the Token/Key which is used to access the Nirvana Dungeon)? Because, once you get this token to be 99 numbers, it shall give you an access to get Rapture Crystal from the last boss of Nirvana, and also get 10 Uncanny Crystal after.

And, What does "Nation War" in your term mean?
    Is it similar to Teritorial War?

If so, i may have a difficulty to obtain that token since my guild is not a dominator, and i am not gonna obtain it for free though.

Thanks for your confirmation

Dude, you've been away from the game for long. Supply tokens are not similar to Nirvana keys, they convert directly into raps and cannies. 1 supply token converts to 1 rapture or to 5 uncannies. They can also be converted into plenty of other things, they're pretty much the way to get anything you would need for endgame that is hard to get or you can't find on the boutique.

Nation War is a new PvP event that's based around 20 vs 20 battles centered on flag capture and in which teams are determined randomly. I wouldn't really compare it to to TW. I know it's an old cliche but try the search button, or better yet, just show up at the NPC on fridays and sundays at 20:15 server time. You can do this solo and there is no need for a strong guild or even endgame gears, just bring whatever you've got. Even a mediocre player stands to get around 20-30 tokens as long as they do try which, if you're familiar with Nirvana, you should realize it's an awesome reward.
  • helovesu
    edited December 2012
    Dude, you've been away from the game for long. Supply tokens are not similar to Nirvana keys, they convert directly into raps and cannies. 1 supply token converts to 1 rapture or to 5 uncannies. They can also be converted into plenty of other things, they're pretty much the way to get anything you would need for endgame that is hard to get or you can't find on the boutique.

Nation War is a new PvP event that's based around 20 vs 20 battles centered on flag capture and in which teams are determined randomly. I wouldn't really compare it to to TW. I know it's an old cliche but try the search button, or better yet, just show up at the NPC on fridays and sundays at 20:15 server time. You can do this solo and there is no need for a strong guild or even endgame gears, just bring whatever you've got. Even a mediocre player stands to get around 20-30 tokens as long as they do try which, if you're familiar with Nirvana, you should realize it's an awesome reward.

It's not that :)

I come from a very different world from you are. While you are asleep, i do my activities (because of time difference between us) :D
    My latest game patch was that of Realm of Reflection (maintained today). And it is an official server.

It seems to be a good news for my fellow player in my region, since many of them are competing each other to retire as soon as possible. It may be implemented about 1.5 or 2 years forward, starts from now on.
    FYI, Our PW licence holder tends to be slow-moving in PW New patch.

My apologize of OOT-ing, what do you mean by random team? Is the team are random, consisting of lucky/unlucky participants to be teamed up with?
    Anyway, thank you for your explaination.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    The number of skills being upped to six is near godly by itself

b:dirty

It will terribly suck if the general pet system doesn't get any sort of upgrade though.

It's all nice and great, already got a Hercules and I'm saving money for a Phoenix, now that will be be more useful for me, but what about the Venomancers that don't have them or those Venomancers that already invested in other pets?

Unless they make the legendary pets even cheaper... I have a feeling we may get a big pet sale before the patch or something. Still sucks though...I'm kinda looking forward playing around with different pets again b:sad and possibly make some use of my old pets once again like my Kowlin with Claw (which was a gift) that turned completely useless since I have Derjan's with Claw & Bless and I use the cactus to pull...
  • Driude - Heavens Tear
    Driude - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Q.Q im in wrong server for time zone so almost never get to do NW, but maybe one day ;P

anyway, does anyone have any idea how many supply tokens it will take to upgrade the nix and herc? or if they will implement something similar for legendary pet skills so that no one has to spend millions on getting them again if the skills are overwritten?

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    It will terribly suck if the general pet system doesn't get any sort of upgrade though.

I couldn't agree more, we'll be down to even fewer options than Mystics with this and I don't see any sign PW will show any love for current non-legendary pets.

And Driude, there's no info in that as far as I know...

Edit; On the nix and herc skills all we now know points towards you getting better versions, since apparently no other pets are getting upgraded it is something of a moot point to discuss re-skilling.
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    time to get myself a nix e.e, if this really happens. I dont even pvp with pets, we will see if this has dramatically change veno's pvp tactic. other than that, i like the new foxy form b:laugh.
  • Pantherlilie - Archosaur
    Pantherlilie - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Opinions? Speculations?

Linghuan. We already have Bramble Hood, Blazing Barrier, Feral Concentration, Myriad Rainbow (both). I'll throw in Ironwood, Natural Synergy and Parasitic Nova, too. So many skills already require chi/sparks. Would this new skill be of much use?
    [/QUOTE]

that skill would actually be quite useful to me. i fight in fox fom to duel and a skill like that would be an amazing asset to me.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i wish other pet can learn the skill. i have lvl 101 sawfly and i really want to upgrade it. aside that nix is expensive, but also its a pain to leveling it again from the start x.x
  • helovesu
    edited December 2012
    i wish other pet can learn the skill. i have lvl 101 sawfly and i really want to upgrade it. aside that nix is expensive, but also its a pain to leveling it again from the start x.x

Since now at one pillar of the fraction base, there have been sold, 5 rare pet books which ware used to be only possessed by 2 legendary pets.
    It's time for those 2 pets to upgrade drastically, as significant as they cost :)
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since now at one pillar of the fraction base, there have been sold, 5 rare pet books which ware used to be only possessed by 2 legendary pets.
    It's time for those 2 pets to upgrade drastically, as significant as they cost :)

Yes, there are upgraded version of the five rare pet skill scrolls but each one costs 24k merit and 33m so in the end, it's not really in your advantage to spend so much on those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • helovesu
    edited December 2012
    I somewhat do not agree with upgrade on other pets than niex and herc.

These 2 legendary pets must hold out the predicate as the legend, since at this time, even a Golem Pet has 4 rare buff pet skills implemented on it such as P.Atk up + P.Def up + Reflect + HP up. Or a Sawfly with a buff as well as an iex has, such as P.Atk up & HP up.

Something has to be dealed to make these legendary pets even greater again :)

you know what i mean?
    edited December 2012
    I somewhat do not agree with upgrade on other pets than niex and herc.

These 2 legendary pets must hold out the predicate as the legend, since at this time, even a Golem Pet has 4 rare buff pet skills implemented on it such as P.Atk up + P.Def up + Reflect + HP up. Or a Sawfly with a buff as well as an iex has, such as P.Atk up & HP up.

Something has to be dealed to make these legendary pets even greater again :)

you know what i mean?

nix and herc already great with the stat imao. i also have herc, but where is the special of only have 2 pet???
  • helovesu
    edited December 2012
    nix and herc already great with the stat imao. i also have herc, but where is the special of only have 2 pet???

It is obviously no match for the great Niex.

But not for the Tanker called Herc :)
    You can see from the http://ecatomb.net/petstat.php, that our Beloved Golem has a slight difference stats from the herc.

Veno who does not have a herc, grows up her beloved golem, then costumizes her golem with even more frightening buffs than a herc has. Making it an another legendary pet:)

In my oppinion, having only 2 legendary Pets are quite enaugh to rock your game since they are situational : for Tanking or Hitting :)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well.. yeah.
    but if that was all we cared about we'd play a kitty-cleric or a wizard or a fish or something.

We want multiple pets, primarily, because they are pretty.
    Every veno having the same two pets is just DULL.

Having differing stats, so that there's situational differences, would be very very very nice too. (And would cause lots of nice dicussion and variaiton among venos. A tank with slightly less mdef and slightly more hp? Or a tank that hits slightly harder but has a bit less defence? Or how about a slower moving nix that can tank magic a bit better; or one that hits slightly more weakly but flies faster? All SORTS of possibilities.)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    What Vitenka said. Legendary pets used to be only for the "rich people" and the rest of us Venomancers had fun playing with and discovering/discussing/comparing various pets.
    Then the discrimination occurred (legendary pet or gtfo) and then perfect chests were released and now everyone and their dog has a legendary pet or both.

I'm not against the legendary pets mind you, but I'd love to see the pet system revived and make other pets more useful too. Sure, upgrade the legendary pets and make them better but give a boost to the old pets too!

I don't think the original developers of the game intended to turn the pet system like this, with legendary pets (add the dino in it too) being on top and the rest of the pets being practically useless now. Look at all those tameable pets out there :(
  • dupethefile
    edited December 2012
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20121211/68679.shtml

It's tomorrow! Tomorrow the venos and barbs will get the new transformations.
    edited December 2012
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20121211/68679.shtml

It's tomorrow! Tomorrow the venos and barbs will get the new transformations.

translate pls <3
  • dupethefile
    edited December 2012
    translate pls <3

I don't know it. Go to google tradutor. I don't know put the link translated.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012

It is obviously no match for the great Niex.

But not for the Tanker called Herc :)
    You can see from the http://ecatomb.net/petstat.php, that our Beloved Golem has a slight difference stats from the herc.

Veno who does not have a herc, grows up her beloved golem, then costumizes her golem with even more frightening buffs than a herc has. Making it an another legendary pet:)

In my oppinion, having only 2 legendary Pets are quite enaugh to rock your game since they are situational : for Tanking or Hitting :)

As other posters have pointed out the base stats really are an advantage in and of themselves, the very link you're providing proves it. For level 100 the herc gets a full 1k hp over the Walker (please don't use PWMY terms BTW) and is at an advantage in both phys and mag defense. It even gets better unskilled dps. And where did you learn to skill pets? In your first post you're skilling a theoretical golem with no damage skill (you've got to be kidding if you think reflect is enough) meaning your super tanker will be near useless in everything but straight spam healing scenarios as it will simply be unable to hold aggro off of anything... And this is very much the point that makes the difference with legendaries, you can skill a golem with bless, strong and protect and get something near herc's tanking prowess (although not quite as good) that you wouldn't have Reflect on however, meaning you have to watch for heal aggro whenever you take on multiples, can't really AE grind with, etc. Or you could skill bless, strong and reflect and watch your pet go down everytime it goes against strong mag bosses or AoEs...

And it's not just that more commonly available pets will always be at a disadvantage when compared to their legendary counterparts, at current market prices they would actually be more expensive to get. At sales you can now get herc or nixie for around 40-60 mil, which won't be nearly enough for your ordinary veno to acquire a set of three rare skills at current market prices. but the worst thing about it is your entitlement attitude, it takes nothing away from you that other venos get to skill their pets and increse their usefulness even if (and we've proven this is not true) rare skills could make them a match. There's a gold auction system available in game, and as someone that does charge zhen myself I think it bs for you to argue boutique items should always be superior to what you can acquire playing the game.

Now, no one is challenging the P2Win OPness of your precious legendary pets, its only that some of us would like upgrades to pets to be kept proportional and not leave us with just a few cookiecutters as the only options available for competent (not competitive) gameplay. And this is what all venos are lacking right now when it comes to their pets, as the power creep in endgame gears has made them near obsolete. And I'm certainly not against legendary pets (I'm currently saving for a nix after having finally acquired rare skills to keep my PvE pets somewhat able to cope with high level requirements) but against leetism and false entitlement. It is this attitudes that kept many of us as an underclass of sorts back when hercs were considered a mandatory investment for venos, and we really should avoid going back to that with these upgrades, for much the very same reasons it was noobish even back then (having a full squad gimp their damage output to near negligible levels all so noob tankers could save some measly repair bills, need lessly wasting players' time and making their investments in gear moot for PvE content) as non legendary pets can bring different capacities to the table.

On the link, my translator does seem to agree in that this is being released (along with apparently in-game voice service) which would only make it a couple of weeks early from what we previously thought the release date would be. I can't tell for sure however...