Options
Nariin - Dreamweaver
Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Nation Wars
[ For now - Outdated ]
[ For now - Outdated ]
[ For now - Outdated ]

How to enter

At 8:15pm (server time) every Friday and Sunday Overseer Aeban spawns near Deputy Drakh in all main cities. He gives you a quest item and at 8:20 you can talk to him again to enter Nation Wars. You will be randomly assigned to one of the 4 nations (frost, flame, dark, light).

::: Squads will be assigned to the same nations. Note that only leader has to "Join the battle" when everyone has their pass.

You spawn in your nation's base in the safe zone. Each territory has a save zone map, and a battle-field.

Ready to battle?

If you press M a so called strategic map will show up. It shows all territories nations own, where are the battles and how many people there are if you hoover over a certain part. Map also allows you to move to the selected battle-field.
battlemap.png

::: Blue marked territories just ended a war. They can't be attacked for next 3 min.

You can attack all the territories that are in contact with the land your nation owns, unless there is a battle blocking your way. To attack one or join the existing battle, click on the territory and a purple line will show your path along with the yellow icon showing where you are traveling (see the image above). You can stop on any territory on the way and continue your path from there. The time needed to travel depends on how far you go.

* B3, H1, F8, A7... Having troubles coordinating? Here is a map that may help you with that.

battle.png
::: There can me maximum of 20 players of each side per territory.

On the battle-field

If you are the attacker you get red name and red spawn point, if you are the defender you get blue. Each battle has 25min time limit and you are free to leave it at any time. Note that if you leave, you are spawned on the base territory where you first began.
map.png

You can use mount and fly up to 8 meters.

::: Opponents have their name hidden.

You can die up to ?5 times, after that you are spawned in main base (not sure about that). After you die and re-spawn on same map, you get hp and mag def buff and half full chi (need more inf on buffs).

How to win

Winner is the side that first reaches 20 points or has the most points after 25min. After victory/defeat, you get timer and are spawned to nearest safe-zone map.

*Safe-zone map = save zone on any of the territories your nation owns. It's not a part of battle field and only accessible on lands which are not in war.

Flag (and how to obtain points to win a territory)

There are 3 flag spawn points, but only one flag is available at time. When you pick the flag, message will notify all the players in the field about it and your side will gain 1 point. If you successfully carry the flag to your capture point (see map) your side will gain 10 points. After 45 sec a message pops up saying that the flag has reset (on one of the 3 spawn points). The flag also resets if the flag carrier dies, or you carry it for longer then 8 min.

Flag side effects

- you are visible on the map (it's red no matter which side is carrying it)
- reduced movement speed
- cannot use genie skills (can use normal skills and apo)
- cannot fly or use mount
- cannot use stealth

Personal points

Points are apparently awarded from all actions - including, but not limited to: dealing damage, killing, damage healed, picking flag, delivering flag, how well your team does on the battle-field, presence on the territory when battle ends and all together how many territories your nation won.

The other thing that matters is how many people are participating and your points compared to their. There is a set number of tokens award, distributed among players by their contribution. For example if there were 10 players with similar points at the end (doesn't matter if high or low), the reward would be equally distributed among them. If there were 9 players with high points and one with really low, the 9 players would get a bit more then in previous scenario and the last player barely anything.

::: Even if you leave a territory, you will be awarded for you actions on it when the battle is over.

Rankings [...]

Chat system

[Battle] - access using normal chat, heard by current battle-field allies, free
[Nation] - access using trade chat, heard by whole nation, 10k fee

Buffs

There are 2 types of buffs. Ones you get after each time you die in a battle, the others are avalible from Overseers on each territory for players level 99 and below.

After-death buffs

Overseer buffs

Overseers are 4 NPCs on the battle-field, 2 per each nation. Ally Overseers give players 99 and below buffs and attack levels, depending on player's level. You can attack the enemy Overseers for chi.

FAQ

I'm on a battle field, but when I try to travel to the one near it, it says "cannot move".
Press M and "leave the battlefield", after that you are able to go on different spot.

There is an isolated territory surrounded by enemy territories so it says I can't go there, but there are players on it, how did they got there?
They got on the territory before the enemy won the one blocking the way.

I got more points than last time, but less tokens...wth?
Points - tokens ratio isn't stable, it depends on points everyone else got, as well as amount of players.

Why did I not receive reward ?! *nerdrage*
Patience. The rewards will be sent up to midnight, server time.

Contributors

dudeman121
Asterelle
oVenusArmanio
_Skai_
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
Post edited by Nariin - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Excellent as always!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I missed the 1st one in friday but i'm planing to go in this one so..
    umm..you say 8:15 pm to registar server time and here is 2.21 pm Bulgaria time
    so it should be after 11 hours?
    And what rewards we get(how many from each item)?
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I missed the 1st one in friday but i'm planing to go in this one so..
    umm..you say 8:15 pm to registar server time and here is 2.21 pm Bulgaria time
    so it should be after 11 hours?
    And what rewards we get(how many from each item)?

You're apparently 1h in front of me, so 3:15am, check server clock in game to be sure.
    As for rewards, check the forges in South Arch. If you want exact quantity/fees here's a spreadsheet by Asterelle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're apparently 1h in front of me, so 3:15am, check server clock in game to be sure.
    As for rewards, check the forges in South Arch. If you want exact quantity/fees here's a spreadsheet by Asterelle.

Hope i get my interval leggings today b:victory
    I read from other forum that in 1 run you can make around 260 tokens witch is around 260 milb:pleased
    If this is true we can make our toons GREAT b:thanks
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hope i get my interval leggings today b:victory
    I read from other forum that in 1 run you can make around 260 tokens witch is around 260 milb:pleased
    If this is true we can make our toons GREAT b:thanks

Yeah just kill few people and carry few flags and you should be fine, even if your nation looses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you Nariin we have used this for our fac forum but naturally listed credit to you... Heres a map I found if its helpful to you or your guide, it will help with friends/squads who want to fight in same area :3 I know it looks simple enough but plenty of people are confused when someone shouts E5 etc and have to keep clicking until they find xD

newtwmap-1.png
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dudeman121 wrote: »
    Thank you Nariin we have used this for our fac forum but naturally listed credit to you... Heres a map I found if its helpful to you or your guide, it will help with friends/squads who want to fight in same area :3 I know it looks simple enough but plenty of people are confused when someone shouts E5 etc and have to keep clicking until they find xD

newtwmap-1.png

Ah thank you for finding this, I will put it on. Squad coordination is indeed a bit difficult, they should make the territories named like that in the actual map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Anyone know how buffs after you die work?

And more inf on chat system?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Anyone know how buffs after you die work?

And more inf on chat system?

Typing in normal chat will instead speak on the [Battle] channel which can be seen by up to 20 people of your nation who are in the same territory as you.

Typing in trade chat with a "$" as the first character will instead speak on the [Nation] channel. The [Nation] channel can be seen by every member of your nation no matter where they are.

There is a 10k coin fee to speak on the [Nation] channel (you see a prompt of the cost like when you type in world chat). The [Battle] channel is free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Typing in normal chat will instead speak on the [Battle] channel which can be seen by up to 20 people of your nation who are in the same territory as you.

Typing in trade chat with a "$" as the first character will instead speak on the [Nation] channel. The [Nation] channel can be seen by every member of your nation no matter where they are.

There is a 10k coin fee to speak on the [Nation] channel (you see a prompt of the cost like when you type in world chat). The [Battle] channel is free.

Ah I didn't know how to access nation chat, I haven't seen any text about it even. Thank you for making it clear b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    if any1 make a clientside modification for NW where strategic map looks like this, gms/devs/cms allow to use?

newtwmap-1.png
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    if any1 make a clientside modification for NW where strategic map looks like this, gms/devs/cms allow to use?

Nah they wouldn't.
    But I see no reason not to update map like that officially. We will see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm thinking buffs after you die might depend on how much land you own. At the begining I've always had hp/mag def buff, when my nation's land got shrinked a lot at some point I only got 1 buff (I think it was bell). I had more then 2 buffs before also, but I don't remember what was the map situation.

Was anyone paying attention to buffs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm thinking buffs after you die might depend on how much land you own. At the begining I've always had hp/mag def buff, when my nation's land got shrinked a lot at some point I only got 1 buff (I think it was bell). I had more then 2 buffs before also, but I don't remember what was the map situation.

Was anyone paying attention to buffs?

honestly, I thought it was the other way around. Loosing nations get buffs, winning don't. I was on the winning side all night last night and never saw a buff.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There is a buff that anyone level 99 can take that greatly increases their hp, defense, and attack levels available at npcs on the battlefied. You can also attack some of these npcs for chi. Not sure how it decides which ones you can attack.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im not sure if you guys are aware of this. Sorry if its already in the guide, which by the way is fantastic. Read it the first day of i tried NW and it helped a LOT.b:victory

Points per game seem to be calculated depending on how many points the 20 people in your team did in the battlefield. The better they did (Carrying lots of flags, killing loads of people) the more points available to the team and thus the higher the bracket between each pay out. So if your team is doing really well (Like being in a team of GldDgrzb:chuckle ) and you end up with a 23000 Total score at the end, the points will split up crazily. I got #17 in one such instance and came away with 600 P Credits, god knows what #1 got.

Also the amount of people the points are split across can be more then 20 due to people dying and more people entering the battlefield.

You can also attack blue area's as long as the timer is on 0:00. This way you can get a 10sec~ head start on an area kind of performing a sneak attack before anyone realises. b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When holding the flag, stealth gets knocked out instantly. You can still use stealth to gain the chi, but as soon as you cast it, you'll be out of stealth before the animation ends.

Also you cannot use mounts, and if you're on a mount when digging a flag, you will automatically get knocked off of it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • BobDoleJr - Heavens Tear
    BobDoleJr - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Excellent as always!

math awnser is kangaroo
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    id really like to know how the token achievement math is done

im always with a friend in nw
    last week, he got ~8k con and ~100tokens, and i had a bit less than 4k con and 20tokens

this week, same con, he got ~80tokens, i didnt get anything but an empty message saying my fighting score was low (wth, i even killed several ppl which is quite something with my gear, and was spamhealing nation memebers) and i didnt win any battles (which cant be due to the fact that we won most territories we were "fighting" in, i even grabbed and handed in the flag once)

on my first nw i didnt even kill any1 but still got tokens, so wth?
  • dudeman121
    dudeman121 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    From my general understanding it works like this..

Say for instance you're in the fire nation and on the map select screen you see that by the end you have 200 credits, that number would be the general highest credits recieved by that nation? However it also takes into account your personal points, now it would depend on that and maybe other things o.O lets use your example..

"im always with a friend in nw
    last week, he got ~8k con and ~100tokens"

^ To only get 100 tokens shows 1 of 2 possibilities.. 1 that your nations total credits were bad which I doubt as all I have been in so far usually borders 200+ maybe a little bit less depending.. That only leave the 2nd possibilty which is even though your friend had 8k personal points and that seemed high, compared to the rest of his nation he scored less so he recieved points based on that (would seem he got somewhere around the middle I'm guessing)

"and i had a bit less than 4k con and 20tokens"

^ Proves my point more, the majority of the nation you was in probably had a much higher personal points so you was in the bottom tier of contribution to the war effort so to speak

Meaning there is no real way to do the math due to it depending on your nations credits (listed on the right hand side of the map select screen) and your personal points.. One day your nation may have 200 credits and you have 15k+ personal points but still have a lot less than the top people with lets say 20k+ so you will naturally they gain less than those people who will gain tokens closer to the 200 mark, however people with less than 15k will gain less tokens than you also and so on.

On a side note though, you can still gain personal points for the land piece you was in if you have died too many times and sent back to your nation base, but then moved onto other piece of land rather than going back (these points would be recieved only when the war on that land piece has come to an end) However I will say that by leaving a land piece yourself by opening the map and choosing to leave you will lose personal points for doing so even if it has said if you have won or not, I think this is to stop people from going into a battle and doing a bit of damage then leaving and moving onto the next just to gain more points... So wait for the timer to finish if you do not want to be losing points, I am however unsure on the amount of points you do lose for leaving a land piece
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    honestly, I thought it was the other way around. Loosing nations get buffs, winning don't. I was on the winning side all night last night and never saw a buff.
    Interesting. I'll try to remember to pay attention to buffs in folowing wars.
    There is a buff that anyone level 99 can take that greatly increases their hp, defense, and attack levels available at npcs on the battlefied. You can also attack some of these npcs for chi. Not sure how it decides which ones you can attack.
    Oh :o Never tought of speaking to those NPCs. I'll check it out next time.
    You can also attack blue area's as long as the timer is on 0:00. This way you can get a 10sec~ head start on an area kind of performing a sneak attack before anyone realises. b:laugh
    Now they will realize it if they read it b:chuckle
    When holding the flag, stealth gets knocked out instantly. You can still use stealth to gain the chi, but as soon as you cast it, you'll be out of stealth before the animation ends.

Also you cannot use mounts, and if you're on a mount when digging a flag, you will automatically get knocked off of it.
    I see, thanks. Although in the last war I went after a sin who picked a flag and he stealthed (he was all by himslef). I was on sin too so I didn't find it strage seeing him, but maybe it was just a glich and he was actually knocked out of stealth (though it seemed to knock him when I attacked). I never tried it myself.
    shashahah wrote: »
    id really like to know how the token achievement math is done

im always with a friend in nw
    last week, he got ~8k con and ~100tokens, and i had a bit less than 4k con and 20tokens

this week, same con, he got ~80tokens, i didnt get anything but an empty message saying my fighting score was low (wth, i even killed several ppl which is quite something with my gear, and was spamhealing nation memebers) and i didnt win any battles (which cant be due to the fact that we won most territories we were "fighting" in, i even grabbed and handed in the flag once)

on my first nw i didnt even kill any1 but still got tokens, so wth?
    Pretty much what dudeman said b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh :o Never tought of speaking to those NPCs. I'll check it out next time.

I meant to write level 99 and below. typob:surrender

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Another addition to make, is that the NPC's to get the tickets/enter also spawn in the bases for the different orders in Morai as well. (hint to all you frequent dc'rs right before it starts)
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The buff I mentioned earlier is from overseer sunmark and is for levels 99 and below. The ones near your spawn point can be used to obtain the quest, you can smack the enemy ones for chi.

2012-11-3023-25-31-1.jpg

If you die in that battle it still says on for a period of time but I don't remember exactly how long. It disappeared when the battle was over.

• AscobolBeast - Sanctuary
    AscobolBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

::: Even if you leave a territory, you will be awarded for you actions on it when the battle is over.

Hi,

I have one question related to the quoted part.
    Does that also counts, if you get killed 5 times (and sent back to base)?

Background of my question: A friend of mine (plays as R9 Veno, low/no shards and low refine) says he got the last two or three wars always 0 personal credits and so also 0 tokens.

I mean, is it even possible to get 0 personal credits? Ok, his armor is low refined/sharded he is killed a lot - and so also transfered to base - but 0 credits? That's why the question. Anyone an idea?

Thx, Asco.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hi,

Background of my question: A friend of mine (plays as R9 Veno, low/no shards and low refine) says he got the last two or three wars always 0 personal credits and so also 0 tokens.

I mean, is it even possible to get 0 personal credits? Ok, his armor is low refined/sharded he is killed a lot - and so also transfered to base - but 0 credits? That's why the question. Anyone an idea?

Thx, Asco.
    If he's been actually going to battles, the no that is not possible. He'll get points just for participating. More than likely he's not pressing update information to get an accurate personal credit count.

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hi,

As for the question itself, yes even if you're sent back to base you'll still get credits.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Another thing to add is that if you're flying while digging the flag, as soon as you get it you will be grounded.

While holding the flag, you gain an extra ~10% hp on top of your current max (Barb buffs on top are calculated with it all, so when I have the flag at 17.4k hp buffed, my hp turned into 19.8k or so).
  • aljkl0
    aljkl0 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    good this