My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They might have been inspired but the load of human-pony fanart going on and...I don't know. It's a spin-off and might be actually entertaining...it's not like it will affect the ponies themselves.

I'd give it a chance P:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They might have been inspired but the load of human-pony fanart going on and...I don't know. It's a spin-off and might be actually entertaining...it's not like it will affect the ponies themselves.

I'd give it a chance P:

Yeah I guess I have more of a problem with the fan-made humanizations. They are almost always a thinly veiled attempt to sexualize the cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html#more
    Apparently there's going to be a spin-off series now where the ponies are humans b:shocked
    Main_6_Hallway_Lineup_1.jpg

Human ponies are an abomination!

I would make love to every single one of them. Probably because I'm drunk and have very low standards right now. inb4hate
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just read the human thingie on Fb o.o Sounds interesting, but I still prefer them as ponies. b:laugh Winter wrap-up is coming soon! :o
    Look at that Octavia <3
    ponyville_visits_crystal_empire_by_djjafeth-d5qjpvu.png
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Baaah at the humans. Seen so much better versions done by fans too. >_<

Also, is it OC-posting time now or what? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with Xainou there XD some fanarts have been so much better but they'd have to buy the rights off the artists...too much trouble! but overall I don't find the designs too bad.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    My little.. human?
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, SoniMax like 99% of the fandom D: I accepted that she'll become an alicorn and stopped raging, but I still dislike it. Anyways~ to post moar pics! I painted my 2nd! pony picture last week in art class XDD This is Luna and Tia doing some magic. Dun mind the white part, just had to cover a part of my name from it :D This is horrible xD The shine from Luna's tail got messed up and her lines don't make a good contrast enough, and the cm's Oh God Why those fail cm's...but still... I'm proud of doing this terrible work b:laugh Not everyone can be a talented brony/pegasis b:chuckle
    Rinasponies_zps2c9f304d.png
    It's pretty good imo. I can barely draw stick figures b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My little.. human?
    NOOOO ><
    WON'T BE THE SAME
    IT JUST WONT BE THE SAAAAME X.X
    nice sig :D btw
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oh god... a pony thread here also, these things appear everywhere i log to D:
    almost like... pony invasion! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
    edited February 2013
    oh god... a pony thread here also, these things appear everywhere i log to D:
    almost like... pony invasion! b:shocked

Pony threads are like a pony quarantine zone. They actually help keep the rest of the boards clean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Aaand.. human fluttershy makes all the haters hearts melt... ;-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not a huge fan of humanized versions being official. I just can't see those ponies being human. It's like trying to see another cartoon where everyone turns human. Like Stitch. A human Stitch would be weird.

D:
    edited February 2013
    Happy Hearts and Hooves Day, everypony...
    happy_hearts_and_hooves_day__by_sliverlynx-d4pgaui.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what is a pony---

*trololol*
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
    edited February 2013
    what is a pony---

*trololol*

mlfw8290-tumblr_m124c7ZEDJ1r5i8k8o2_1280.jpg

"...but enough talk. Have at you!"

Also...less than a day remains~.
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    My black test will contain spoilers I think. :C Don't read this if you're a Twilight fan. >.>;
    To be honest, very, very honest. This was the worst episode I've ever seen. =/ Probably I'll sound like a hater. (Because if it gets to this episode I am!) x.x I was expecting 2 episodes like how openings/finals usually are. In only one episode I felt it was rushed. Everything happened so fast, we went from song to song. I like songs ofc! But it was too fast imo. I was waiting for a great final like Canterlot Wedding, but I got disappointed.
    Those Fluttershy clones were scary in the end. x_X And dayum some of the clothes weren't pretty as usual. Also Cadence changed hairstyles in the end fast, like a boss!
    First I didn't like Twily, after many fanarts, episodes, writings I got to like her. But this episode put her in the center and I dislike it. This whole alicorn, princess thing definietly put Twily on the bottom of my fav list. :I I'm really curious of the new season, that might change my opinion, but for then I'm a hater. :v Luna and Cadence are the best princesses ^,,^

Afterall, I wasn't prepared for this.
    Oh and I totally understand if you don't like me, but we can't all be the same. :]
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Pretty much one of the best episodes ever for me. The intro with a song, oh my. I had hoped for at least one awesome song but this whole episode. Woot!

Also, I loved <3 how they took up the worries their fanbase had right at the start. and in the reprise too. :3

I'm just blown away. lol They story was epic and the whole episode itself too. There's nothing that bugged me at all. Only negative thing is that it could have easily been a 40 minute episode. Felt a little rushed. But still.

Good job, writers. Damn good job. Twily is still Twily and the elements of harmony are stronger than ever. b:victory

A worthy season finale for sure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited February 2013
    I really liked the first half. It was depressing to see all the ponies trying so hard and failing at their swapped destinies and Twilight blaming herself for ruining their lives. The restoration was wonderful and I liked how well they weaved the bonds of friendship through a cascading series of friend A convincing friend B to go help friend C. The music for this part was also very well done.

ja9VhgF.png

If they had just expanded on the first half and left the episode at that it would have been one of my favorite of the season.

The second half I'm not keen on. The whole scene of having Twilight's friends bow down to her because of her new wings was sad. I'm pretty sure having friends bow down to you and behold your awesome power is not what friendship is about.
    kWxOJGl.png
    They try to tie it all in to destiny but I'm just not sold on that being Twilight's destiny. They did drop some hints throughout the season towards this but really... what need is there of a fourth alicorn princess?

GGcqy3i.png

All the other princesses have defined roles:

1) Princess Celestia - Equestria Head of State, Raises the sun, Equestria's Guardian
    2) Princess Luna - Raises the Moon, Guards the Night
    3) Princess Cadance - Rules Crystal Empire, Fills the Crystal Ponies with Love
    4) Princess Twilight Sparkle - ????? Ponyville Librarian?

If it was her destiny to become an alicorn princess why doesn't she have anything to do?! A lot of fans identify with Twilight because of how nerdy and awkward she is but how can they reconcile that identity with being an alicorn princess?

Also we just lost all the balance we had with the cast being comprised of equal numbers of Unicorn, Pegasus, and Earth Ponies. Really there was already a disparity between Pegasi / Unicorns and Earth ponies that only Pinkie could really overcome. Now with the average power level of the group increasing it just makes being a crappy Earth pony suck even more. Ohh well, Applejack will always be one of my favorite background ponies.

I know at the end Twilight is speaking to the fandom when she says "Yes! Everything's going to be just fine!" but I have my doubts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited February 2013

1) Princess Celestia - Equestria Head of State, Raises the sun, Equestria's Guardian
    2) Princess Luna - Raises the Moon, Guards the Night
    3) Princess Cadance - Rules Crystal Empire, Fills the Crystal Ponies with Love
    4) Princess Twilight Sparkle - Guardian of the Elements of Harmony, Teaches ponies about Friendship

If it was her destiny to become an alicorn princess why doesn't she have anything to do?! A lot of fans identify with Twilight because of how nerdy and awkward she is but how can they reconcile that identity with being an alicorn princess?

Fixed? b:surrender
    I dont know, maybe at the start of s4 twili changes her mind about being a princess? Because maybe she wasnt ready? I saw her expression when she was waving to the crowd from the balcony..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Haven't watched in a few weeks... time to catch up me thinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Hm, I don't quite agree with twilight having no purpose. I mean, she's made it clear that she is the princess or friendship and harmony. She's Twilight. And she's the reason day and night got back together again after a thousand years. So for me she sorta is the "bridge".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    I agree with Aster at several facts. The True Friend song was my fav of all. Catchy xD The thing you wrote about the bowing down part is true. I still say 3 alicorns were enough. :p
    I only have one question left: Who the hell is Skyla then? o_O
    ~~~
    I was thinking of this exactly when I saw the scene XD
    h5DF0525B
    And this made me laugh xD
    h1B4D221C
    The reason I'm not familiar with this thing is probably that I'm afraid of that the show will be now only about Twilight. That it'll turn into My Little Twilight. I hope that everything will get back to the usual, she won't wear crown each day and the ponies won't bow down every time they meet. And ofc that the rest of the Mane6 will get spotlight again. ;A;
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Can't say I really enjoyed that one. Too much music and not enough show, there wasn't much of anything going on. It feels like it really coulda been better. Oh well.
    edited February 2013
    This whole thing didnt really feel quite right.
    A student of the Princess (who just so happens to be the bearer of the Element of Magic) feeds magic into a spell that's incomplete without even having the vaguest idea of what it does? That just doesn't sound right for a Pony who's so well versed in magic...

The ascension felt like it was shoehorned onto everything too. While Twiley can be commended for learning (and experiencing) the virtues required to become a suitable ruler, its not like she couldn't rule as a Unicorn either (King Sombra, anyone?). I'm really not amused with the idea of Alicorns being the only race fit to actually rule a kingdom or that one can simply be elevated into one either. Also agreeing with Asterelle about the imbalances her rise to power comes with and RukinaChan in both posts too (also if we get a Skyla, she'll be the heir to the Crystal Empire's throne I suppose, but that means yet another Alicorn Princess)...

I know at the end Twilight is speaking to the fandom when she says "Yes! Everything's going to be just fine!" but I have my doubts.

Everything will be fine indeed.
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    (also if we get a Skyla, she'll be the heir to the Crystal Empire I suppose, but that means yet another Alicorn Princess)

Aha~ Now fanarts like these will make sense. A heir to the Crystal Empire would be a rush again, since Cadence just got back to rule again. >.> The fact that only alicorns can rule is indeed dumb. (+1 with Sombra) And Shining Armor became a prince w/o wings too. :p I mean if there was a sky castle in the air with a flying land like Cloudsdale their ruler should be a pegasus, not an alicorn. In the Crystal Empire there are earth crystal ponies, so they would be fine w/ an earth pony ruler! (Oh just kidding I luv Cadence D:) It's a shame that alicorns are royal, and now AJ and Pinkie next to Twily will look like serious bg ponies. </3 That'd be interesting tho if earth/unicorn/pegasus ponies could rule too! :D
    I just wish there was a Luna episode once again!
    Dahell! I write so much! x_X
    edited February 2013
    65236_546139555417004_1329040088_n.png

"There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Princess. There will be no love, except the love of Twilight Sparkle. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no generosity, no kindness, no honesty, no friendship. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a pony's face."

Soon~b:pleased
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I did not like the finale as much as I thought I would.

It felt like it was both an executive decision and forced. The writers and whatnot were hyping up the Equestria Games in episodes 11 and 12, as well as taming Discord to use his magic for good, which means that the finale should have been the Equestria Games. Then all of a sudden Twilight Alicorn comes along out of nowhere.

But putting that aside, I really enjoyed the music, and my favorite hands-down of that episode was the one where they were singing about their cutie marks. My favorite part being:

w136qEv.png

As McCarthy stated, all we can do is hope for Season 4. But at this rate, I don't have high hopes for it anymore. Hasbro is making me lose faith in the show more and more with their actions.

Capture.PNG
    edited February 2013
    I heard this episode was a lot better the second time you see it and I somewhat agree. You really have to just accept that Twilight's destiny really does involve becoming an alicorn. If you approach it with that in mind it really is a beautiful close of one chapter and an opening of another.

The situation raises a lot more questions than answers which bothers people I think. When Twilight asks Celestia questions about what it all means Celestia replies "There will be time for all of that later". I think this is also a message to the fanbase. People are going to be left with many questions but answers are coming in the next season.

You should think of this finale as a cliffhanger I guess. If anything this change could open up the series to entirely new stories that they couldn't tell before.

Also the second time through I got to appreciate some of the amazing attention to detail they added. This episode has some of the best animation of the series and there are tons of fan-favored background cameos. The songs were all really good except for that lame "Behold" one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_MVrViO-8 - Morning in Ponyville
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RnzL597VVQ - What my Cutie Mark is Telling Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92eo1hSAgTA - I've Got to Find a Way
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tCPxXW_9qI - A True, True Friend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b6vFMkMQTE - Celestia's Ballad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUxKcBqTjRo - Behold, Princess Twilight Sparkle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5ZDxuvUbPY - Life in Equestria
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]