My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I actually think becoming an alicorn would very much fit her D: And if that finale episode is gonna be anything near as epic as the canterlot wedding, I'm gonna be one happy furball :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I kinda agree with Xainou here. I'd be fine and happy with her turning into an alicorn eventually. She's the protagonist, sorta, considering that she was the first pony to appear and we pretty much follow her journey to Ponyville and only then the rest of the mane 6 cast appear.

With that in mind, it wouldn't surprise me if they give Twilight a little more glory in the series. Either way though, it's too early to judge.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    RukinaChan - Archosaur Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lolol @Skai Bad Twily got drunk b:laugh
    Even if Twily is the main character and it's her journey, people dun only watch the show for her D: There are many people who would love to see more of other ponies (even bg ponies) and not always Twily. She has enough glory >:o
    I wish there was once an adventure where the main char is not Twily (because everything's always connected to her and the other ponies end up being bg ponies) I'm not a Twily hater o.o just miss other ponies ;_;
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
    위너 ★ 빅뱅 ★ 투애니원 ★ 이하이 ★ 샤이니 ★ 비에이피 ★ 엑소 ★ 비스트 ★ 빅스 ★ 에프엑스 ★ 소녀시대 ★ 갓세븐
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The further synopsis has been revealed.

SPOILER ALERT (I guess?)

Basically due to a magic spell that goes wrong, switching all of her friends' and ponies' cutie marks, Twilight has to write her own spell to fix everything. And in doing that, she fulfills her studies and becomes an alicorn in the process.

Plus the writers said that she's not changing personalities. She's still Twi. Just with wings.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Now I imagine Fluttershy yelling "yeehaa!" and Rarity trying to make sonic rainbooms. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy's personality.

Someone needs to make it happen.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    This just popped in my mind Ithat have a pic like this saved from Fb :D Whoever was the artist did a funny job b:laugh
    33lglnb.jpg
    *changes favourite pony list and places Derpy to Twily's place*
    She really needs a better costume than what I saw >.> Rarity *cough cough* And after this what will she be the princess of? Like Tia Sun, Luna Moon, Cadence Crystal Empire and Twily Ponyville? xD
    I also had a pic that was made to deny that Applejack is a bg pony >:o
    dy3nli.jpg
    I just dun get why everyone says her parents are dead did I miss something? ;__; There were no mention of them in the show, maybe they just live somewhere else wanting to go back to Sweet Apple Acres. D: I'd love to see the episode with the Apple parents tho.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=40071431003&dateline=1423248837[/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Applejack is just awesome, I mean, just think of her filly version XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    ^ +999 She's my fav. >:D I remember dying at the fritter scene! *Q*
    About fillies... Cuteness is something we gotta share. \o/ I have this tiny collection yet~ :3
    30lzebo.png
    2a9wuhu.png
    35atcmg.png
    2dhy2v5.jpg
    s1p7rs.jpg
    The milkshake scene came out as epic as the fritter one I think. There's missing a Rarity, Applejack, Rainbowdash one tho. That'd totally match with the original. :3 There should be more pics posted and I'm taking care of that lol. >=D
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That switching body thing drawing was so funny haha.

And man, Applejack needs more love :< she's awesome! <3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oh god bronies pls dont bring pony into games b:bye
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I just dun get why everyone says her parents are dead did I miss something? ;__; There were no mention of them in the show, maybe they just live somewhere else wanting to go back to Sweet Apple Acres. D: I'd love to see the episode with the Apple parents tho.[/FONT]
    *guiltyspark06, Dec 22, 2012, 9:41:09 PM
    Journals / Personal

Confirmed by a show writer on Twitter this evening. The shooting stars in the episode today was very subtle confirmation that AJ's parents are dead.
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x266/K0Z_01/1356229210795.png
    I think that qualifies as missing something xD?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    I think that qualifies as missing something xD?

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~ mouse-12.gif
    I see then. tiger-12.gif
    ofoler.jpg
    As a huge AJ fan I'm dead now. T_T Never wanted to belive her parents are actually died.
  • skaitavia
    edited February 2013
    oh god bronies pls dont bring pony into games b:bye

It's been happening since July 2011. Get used to it! b:sin
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    Thinking about it though, we never saw RDs or fluttershys parents either. o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thinking about it though, we never saw RDs or fluttershys parents either. o,o

There was a theory once that Pegasai are made to live on their own once they reached a certain age...though it still doesn't explain why we haven't seen Scootaloo's guardians or even her home since she's likely too young to move out...

Maybe...?

c58.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    Yay new episode \o/ I think now we saw Rainbow's daddy :3 Happy Chinese new Year everypony ^^ Year of the snake oh well, I'm a rabbit what about you? :D
    Have some pony pics! ^-^
    EQDaily_ChineseNewYear.png
    tumblr_m5fkizXSO31qc5ffho1_1280.jpg
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought it was a pretty mediocre episode. The whole mistaken identity bit was just so cringe-worthy. It's really out of character for the cast to be that dumb. What kind of welcoming committee are they if they skip over the basic introductions?

The only part I really enjoyed was how it fit in with the previous episode. It would have been kinda cool to see this episode first since you'd be left wondering what Spike was doing with the CMC on the train at the end. Although that was a pretty small part of the previous episode so it would probably set up a false expectation of the content.

All in all the first half of this season was much stronger than the second. I didn't really even like first 2 episodes. Here's hoping that the finale turns everything around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OMG I SHOULD START VISITING OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSUIONS MORE OFTEN I DIDNT KNEW THERE WAS A MLP THREAD <3 b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Shizunne - Heavens Tear
    Shizunne - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sir, I must say this. Your signature is awesome. That is all.

With love, Shizu.

mlfw2637-121208_-_animated_applejack_cider_fluttershy_pinkie_pie_rainbow_dash_rarity_twilight_sparkle_welcome_to_the_herd.gif

FIRENDSHIPISMAGICBRONY4LIFE*-*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Thank you very much for amazing siggy, Silvy!~
    I'm an angel! Honestly!
    These horns are just there to keep the halo up straight.. (っ◠‿◠)っ ♥
    (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ ♥ I luv Kossie
    There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva. ♬♪♫ ヾ(*◕‿◕)ノ ♬♪♫
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    OMG I SHOULD START VISITING OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSUIONS MORE OFTEN I DIDNT KNEW THERE WAS A MLP THREAD <3 b:victory
    WelcomeToTheHerd02.jpg
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I like how I said we never saw RDs parents, then episode has her father XD

Really curious for the finale now, I quite liked the latest episode :p Although the whole thing was sooo obvious, it was quite fun XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SoniMax - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    trixie_being_brilliant_by_crisx3-d4l0049.png
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    edited February 2013
    I am terrified of alicorn Twilight ><
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • RukinaChan - Archosaur
    edited February 2013
    Well, SoniMax like 99% of the fandom D: I accepted that she'll become an alicorn and stopped raging, but I still dislike it. Anyways~ to post moar pics! I painted my 2nd! pony picture last week in art class XDD This is Luna and Tia doing some magic. Dun mind the white part, just had to cover a part of my name from it :D This is horrible xD The shine from Luna's tail got messed up and her lines don't make a good contrast enough, and the cm's Oh God Why those fail cm's...but still... I'm proud of doing this terrible work b:laugh Not everyone can be a talented brony/pegasis b:chuckle
    Rinasponies_zps2c9f304d.png
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
  • skaitavia
    edited February 2013
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The latest episode reminded me of a Spongebob ep. when they were visited by the Health Inspector b:chuckle

As for Alicorn Twilight...
    (Warning: strong language)
    I still hate the idea, but I'm still going to see just where they go with this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/mlp-spin-off-series-confirmed-rumor.html#more
    Apparently there's going to be a spin-off series now where the ponies are humans b:shocked
    Main_6_Hallway_Lineup_1.jpg

Human ponies are an abomination!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html