My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Discussion Thread

1131415161719»

Comments

• Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been here long enough to know that one should hope for the best and expect the worst.

b:chuckle

It doesn't make things hurt less however.

SweetieBot, please give Euthymius a hug
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I'm a woman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014

medium.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited April 2014
    What a lovely lunar eclipse. I wonder if the Lunar Glade ever becomes anything like that within its own sky.
    large.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This thread needs a nudge because the season finale is coming out in five days.
    +I just watched about seven or so episodes to catch myself up on season 4, and was very pleased to see multiple subjects or concepts that were in in previous episodes revisited.
    I have a bit of a headache right now so I can't remember exactily what it was, but Twilight told someone in one of the more recent episodes that ____ had happened in season one, and was akin 'Don't you remember?' and I just, 'yeeeesssssss'.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Man... I have so much to catch up on. Dx

And even with interest haven't had the chance to check out the comic stuff yet. u.u
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ponypo10.jpg
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    >This thread still going on
    FJplV4U.png
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How did people like the season finale?

-- SPOILERS --

I thought the finale was a pretty fitting match for the season as a whole. There were some fun parts that really stood out but overall it was kinda.. ehh. For me it is just went .. something something.. quad princess song! .. something something something... dbz fighting... something .. super saiyan mane6... END. I should have enjoyed the DBZ stuff more but it was just so out of character for the series I kinda rolled my eyes at it. The final transformations were a bit too transparently commercial for me. I'd say when you compare it to best night ever, canterlot wedding, and last season's magical mystery cure, it was the weakest season finale yet. At least it did a good a job addressing how little importance was placed on twilight's ascension to alicorn pony princess.

Still though while the season was kinda meh there were some amazing eps like Pinkie Pride, Maud Pie, and Filli Vanilli.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally I really liked it.

Magical Mystery Cure was by far my least favourite. While the story was sweet, I felt like it was incredibly rushed, probably because it was a one-episode instead of a two-episode thing. I did love the Canterlot Wedding a lot but I'd probably have to rewatch it because I forgot lots of things about it. Best Night Ever placed as just "decent" to me in comparison.

So...with that said this season finale might be either my favourite or my second favourite finale as of now. I really liked the foreshadowing with the chest and the idea with the keys. I saw it coming from miles away but I still liked it. I also think it was more of a "journey matters more than the destination" kind of finale. (I really like it when there's an emphasis on that sort of thing.)

I think I generally don't put many or any expectations on the show and just enjoy whatever it throws at me though I do think it had some bad/boring episodes too.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited September 2014
    Looks like the hiatus has been most unkind. In any case, I'll just leave this here:

EQG Rainbow Rocks full movie

Its actually quite a bit better than the first I'd say.

Oh, and...we Necro-Fantasia nao.

5181__safe_solo_crossover_lyra_artist+needed_dress_touhou_parasol_yakumo+yukari.png
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sontzu wrote: »

SweetieBot seems strangely reluctant to cry necro on this, perhaps she is a pony fan too...
    Sorry, I do not know about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

edited September 2014
    sontzu wrote: »
    SweetieBot seems strangely reluctant to cry necro on this, perhaps she is a pony fan too...

She did call it out, but that post and my response got cut.

....Oh, looks like Youtube cracked down on those. Thanks based Daily Motion and /MLP/

EQG2 Part 1
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26uxxc_tweak-the-rainbow-pt1_shortfilms

EQG2 Part 2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26uy0f_tweak-the-rainbow-pt2_shortfilms

At least till a proper rip's made/found....like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-o5ovzKffE
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aw, the link's down already. Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to find a source once I got the time to watch it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2014
    Aw, the link's down already. Oh well, shouldn't be too hard to find a source once I got the time to watch it b:chuckle

Already taken care of.
    large.png
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited February 2015
    Just saw ponies in a super bowl commercial for some reason.
    DearestAcclaimedAdmiralbutterfly.gif

When are we getting season 5?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    October - November for sure b:chuckle
    edited April 2015
    http://dai.ly/x2lqwd7
    The time has come.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2015
    http://dai.ly/x2lqwd7
    The time has come.
    Communism is bad b:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited April 2015
    I really liker her, as well as the way the opener played out.

>Not 100% concentrated evil [NMM/Sombra]

>Isn't necessarily set on destruction/domination through absolute power [Tirek] or using a (real) deus ex item [A.Amulet Trixie], but persuasion and using her own means to an end

>Mane 6 needed help to ultimately foil her plans (and wasn't reformed/beaten by colorful rainbow beams/magic from powerful implements)

>Potential to return later in the season

Bonus points for telling Twilight to shut the **** up on the Friendship talk

I for one, welcome our Equalist Authoritarian Overlord.

864761__safe_solo_parody_starlight+glimmer_the+legend+of+korra_spoiler-colon-s05e01_amon_artist-colon-bonbonsmultiversecruise.png