Server-Wide Wars

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Not sure if everyone has checked the front page, but news on how the server-wide wars will happen. It looks like a large battlefield with instances of cap-the-flag style gameplay with PWI elements.

I really look forward to this, as it means factions cannot dominate the battlefield or manipulate it in a way for a single faction's benefit. Squading with random people might add some fun to the mix. Though this may be a downside to veteran PvPers teamed with novices.

Even though it's not the "all-awaited Server vs. Server wars", I think this will be an amazing addition to PWI as a whole. Not only does it give anyone over level 60 to try out TW-like wars and fights, but it also gives factionless people a way to participate. On top of all of this, fun can be obtained through teaming with your rivals and fighting against your own factionmates.

What are your takes on this? Is anyone as excited as I am for this? I'm going to definitely be recording these the day it comes out :D
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So no SvS war.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I guess not. Though I don't blame them. Networking is a b**** to do, especially for connecting all servers.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the timing of the wars. If they stay as they are, then they will conflict with TWar times.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess not. Though I don't blame them. Networking is a b**** to do, especially for connecting all servers.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the timing of the wars. If they stay as they are, then they will conflict with TWar times.

Yup, Times are awful. As bad as those Morai PvP Event Times. Pretty much no one goes to them here because they're during TW... And pretty much everyone who PvPs here is in a TW guild.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Yup, Times are awful. As bad as those Morai PvP Event Times. Pretty much no one goes to them here because they're during TW... And pretty much everyone who PvPs here is in a TW guild.

Same for RT. The first week was good because it was the first time it happened, so everyone wanted a try.

I really hope they change the time and put it at a more reasonable one. The Sunday time is fine since here there are rarely any Sunday TWs, but the other one, not so much.
  • Elvenne - Raging Tide
    Elvenne - Raging Tide Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:surrender

Some of this sounds a bit too good to be true also if this event is during TW times what will the outcome be....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not what I expected, however I think i'll give it a go a few times :)
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TW times would be changed to Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday as i understood it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEffy - Dreamweaver
    XEffy - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That'd be interesting if that is true. Although, I'm pretty sure that will make a lot of people very angry. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Things are not always how they seem
    Will you be ready?
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Morai PvP event doesn't even count as an event in my mind. It's more like a time-spicific quest for people who happen to be in PK mode.
    At least I hypothesize that more non-PKers might participate if they didn't actually have to turn PK mode on.
    It would be better than waiting your turn to kill those stupid guardians -_-.

The capture the flag thingie looks interesting, I enjoyed that kind of thing before so I look forward to seeing how PW deals with it.
    If it does overlap too hard with TW times yeah it will pretty much be aimed at the factionless pkers.

Honestly PWI could really use a Queue activation system here; join the queue to participate, and when enough people have joined you get ported into the instance and it starts. So it's more or less constantly available IF there are enough people joining the queue. Especially if the queue pool came from ALL the servers combined, it stands to reason you could pull 40 people fairly regularly.
  • bearishidonteven
    bearishidonteven Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    time to armageddon all the clerics in other servers, such an OP class i dont even.... b:cry
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    At least I hypothesize that more non-PKers might participate if they didn't actually have to turn PK mode on.
    It would be better than waiting your turn to kill those stupid guardians -_-.

Yeah it would be prob better if Morai was a free pk area at that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • The_Duke - Dreamweaver
    The_Duke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My hope is that they will leave tw as is reg times so all the ppl that want to tw can... and jus have the new war system as they want it and the ppl that want to do it can do so ... makes it so ppl can tw like they want to and so ppl can do the new thing if they want.... personally i work night shift during the week so i cant done thing event based/tw during the week (mon-fri).... i look forward to my tws on sat if i get lucky QQ.... and i would prolly try the new stuff if no tw... also the eur ppl wont get ne thing so i feel for them as well we have the dedicated ppl for the tws and all but if they move the days to sun/mon/tues it would realyf f it up for them... so if ne thing keep the times the same and jus and the new system in and let the ppl decide wht they want to do.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I often have TW the Friday and Saturday, but if I can try it a Sunday I'll try it for sure. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Those times were pulled from the Chinese version via Google translate. Until PWE confirms the TW time changes apply to us as well... best to take that with a grain of salt.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for posting _Skai_ , helpful post b:victory, time to head to bm forums.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The good question, is who will go against each other. EU vs American just doesn't work. Set it at 8pm EU time? Yea, that's 11am sanctuary time. Or make it 8pm sanc time? Yea, 5am EU time. Lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My issue with this idea?

The lag.

40v40 in TW lags so bad, 80v80 is so ****, it just doesn't work. 300v300? Asking for client crashes.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    My issue with this idea?

The lag.

40v40 in TW lags so bad, 80v80 is so ****, it just doesn't work. 300v300? Asking for client crashes.

Well it's multiple 20v20 instances, so it shouldn't be that bad. Tourney doesn't lag much and it can be crazy.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not only does it give anyone over level 60 to try out TW-like wars and fights, but it also gives factionless people a way to participate. On top of all of this, fun can be obtained through teaming with your rivals and fighting against your own factionmates.

This right here is what will make the battles interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this.
    >b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    This right here is what will make the battles interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this.
    >b:pleased

Speaking of ponies, did you see the premiere?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Speaking of ponies, did you see the premiere?

Oh yes~ I made a post about that in the "Aaaaaaast" thread before it was banished to off topic.

Gak Gak Gak Gak ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    All the Gaks.

It was enjoyable, but I won't say much else since it's spoilers.
  • FaIIyn - Lost City
    FaIIyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If your computer cant handle 20v20 you really need a new one. I have done 100v100v100 on another game without any lag and my computer is 5 years old...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Disappointing really if they're not server vs. server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If your computer cant handle 20v20 you really need a new one. I have done 100v100v100 on another game without any lag and my computer is 5 years old...

I can play most modern games at maximum settings on this machine, but 80v80 in TW results in lag, both graphic and ping.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I can play most modern games at maximum settings on this machine, but 80v80 in TW results in lag, both graphic and ping.

Maybe in the future pwi will get optimized for current computer architects, but for now we have to live with the engine that is given.

It doesn't matter if you run pwi on a super computer with 1 gig speed, if pwi wants to lag, it will lag. The powers of internet can not stop pwi from lagging, that is how powerful pwi is.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    It's more on the subject that the servers lag, not your computer.
  • StickiRice - Archosaur
    StickiRice - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I hope TW times get changed. TW has been the same for too long, time to make some adjustments to it. Shifting the schedule might allow for some of the smaller factions to have a fighting chance in staking and keeping claim in the maps.

I look forward to the new event. I think being in squads with random people all over the server, from rival factions, will bring a neat element to this game.

I do wonder about the rewards, though...
  • Cathulion - Dreamweaver
    Cathulion - Dreamweaver Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not so sure on this. It's during my TW times and 20 players 60+ will be selected, if it's a pay-to-win type of selection then only +10 or r9 will win. If it's a random selection, then a 100 will always own a 60 on the spot.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I'm not so sure on this. It's during my TW times and 20 players 60+ will be selected, if it's a pay-to-win type of selection then only +10 or r9 will win. If it's a random selection, then a 100 will always own a 60 on the spot.

The thing is, that means which ever faction's r9 person is doing that is weakening their own faction. Potentially that faction will keep on losing land because some/most/all their players are doing the server wide tw, and not the usual one b:chuckle