Thank you PWI for the TW changes

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Coin cost aside, it was great to have a pain in TW again. The damage output, as well as the debuffs, the towers give now, as well as their increase in range and the amount you can create in a standard lvl 3 territory, actually provides more challenge than previously.

So far from the war I was just in, the towers hit 2.5k per hit, and casts a debuff that amps you, and can stack. The damage from the towers are also amp'd.

Surviving in the enemy base is a lot harder now, and well it's actually more enjoyable.

Just my thoughts.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So what are the different types of towers now? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • andrius930
    andrius930 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awww, no problem at all, glad you liked it.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How long did the TW go for Skai?
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Had an hour long war with Dark on Harshlands--was actually extremely refreshing. I have to say that these towers work nicely with the power increase that's gone with gear.
    Honestly, before this change, people absolutely ignored towers. Now people will be forced to adhere to their pain, despite their gear.

Well played, PWE. b:thanks
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also i noticed the towers on either side of the crystal were moved up so now you have to take them out to be able to focus on the crystal and i didn't see any new options for the towers.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Same towers. They just got a damage increase, a range increase (roughly 30 meters is their new max range), and an amp debuff that stacks.

And the TW only lasted ~20 minutes due to the fact that the attacking faction only had ~25 people show up. At least that's what I heard.

I enjoyed it because there's a higher chance to die to towers now, even with amped up gear. They can't be ignored anymore. Especially with their high range.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wonder what Burst turrets do now then seeing as I assume you guys only encountered Rapidfire and Binding turrets, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We had both rapidfire and bindings in our TW. No word on Burst.

The range on the towers is extremely long, so you more or less HAVE to take at least the interior tower. Towers hit harder than players b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One question:
    When is QQ's about towers being overpowered gonna commence? b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One question:
    When is QQ's about towers being overpowered gonna commence? b:laugh

Probably when the map resets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah I found myself dieing to more Towers now than players. At least the enemy players can have fun with their epeens thinking they killed me when the towers did all the work...
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Got killed by towers for like the first time ever tonight :l
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Towers hurt so good.

Do think they're a bit on the expensive side. 16 towers now at 500k each? 8Mil to TW when it used to be 1.4 mil. Lower the price, guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    How about just plain ole 'overpriced' towers? b:chuckle

EDIT: What Kerona said! ^^
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The towers changed our 6 min TWs into a healthy 52 minutes. They were hitting harder than the players which I like, because now you have to actually pay close attention to where you're situated on the map in relation to the towers. That amp is brutal- I was getting hit so hard while debuffed the damage wasn't even registering in my log.

Some people might be concerned for lower geared guilds, but think about it. Yes, the towers might be able to one/two shot lesser geared players, but now 7 guilds can attack. Giving the towers some ability to hold off attacks might make defending 7 wars possible.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Probably when the map resets.

And there are still going to be guilds that think we do TW for money b:laugh
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    I think the cost helps with the damage done. If your faction is willing to put up defenses, then it better be costly.

Before not only was it cheap for a TW faction to put up towers, but the towers themselves didn't really do much help in attacking or defending.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i had one person in my squad tonight die to towers only xD
    i like potato
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think I can do 2 hours to 3 hours TW every single week... ...
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did anyone notice if the respawn time on bind towers was shortened in this update?

Used to be 5 mins, but seemed like they were back up in less than that.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did anyone notice if the respawn time on bind towers was shortened in this update?

Used to be 5 mins, but seemed like they were back up in less than that.

towers does not respawn...
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i had one person in my squad tonight die to towers only xD

And that person was you? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The towers changed our 6 min TWs into a healthy 52 minutes. They were hitting harder than the players which I like, because now you have to actually pay close attention to where you're situated on the map in relation to the towers. That amp is brutal- I was getting hit so hard while debuffed the damage wasn't even registering in my log.

Some people might be concerned for lower geared guilds, but think about it. Yes, the towers might be able to one/two shot lesser geared players, but now 7 guilds can attack. Giving the towers some ability to hold off attacks might make defending 7 wars possible.

7 way defend now costs 56m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    Tenasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was getting hit so hard while debuffed the damage wasn't even registering in my log.

That is a combination of lag and/or your PC sucks. I thought PvP server people knew everything about PvP?

@TPstar - He meant bind POINTS, not bind towers, but in a way they are a tower, so he's still right =p. So, yes they do respawn. It still seemed like 5 minutes based on our 3 hour TW last night.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    towers does not respawn...

Just dawned on me that I used the wrong wording on that. In the game it's the 'waypoint' totems, posts, or w/e.

Realized after that 'bind tower' is a type of defensive tower, and yes, those don't respawn.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So... Towers are now aimed at R9R or Nirvana third cast geared players?

Hmm... I think I'll be deleting my characters later tonight.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And the TW only lasted ~20 minutes due to the fact that the attacking faction only had ~25 people show up. At least that's what I heard.

The Twar lasted 20 minutes, because your faction has 80% of the servers r9+12

I struggle to understand the mentality of people who find any sort of enjoyment out of running to the end of the map and winning.

Surly you must find it just as boring as your opposition, and why anyone would want to be in such a boring Twar faction is beyond me.

The only thing i can suggest is that its a faction made almost entirely of people who; create a char, lvl it to 100 in a week, and then buy full r9+12 JSOD.

ie they want everything to be easy
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    Tenasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I struggle to understand the mentality of people who find any sort of enjoyment out of running to the end of the map and winning.

Surly you must find it just as boring as your opposition, and why anyone would want to be in such a boring Twar faction is beyond me.

The only thing i can suggest is that its a faction made almost entirely of people who; create a char, lvl it to 100 in a week, and then buy full r9+12 JSOD.

No name random person not worthy of real response he is not. b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

Sorry, but I don't really know who you are, and that's enough for me, as well as being in Vicious, to know that your words are not even close to being true.

As long as we have some competition, even if it's a little, that's enough for us. If it's not enough for you, then I guess you should find another game that suits your needs more than most. I'm not picky.

And about the "plvl a char to 100 and cs r9+12 JOSD" thing is not even close to being true. One of the faction's founding members still doesn't even have a single r9 piece of gear, let alone a +12 piece of gear, and he does a lot better than other R9+12 BMs in the server. Even I joined at level 100 with a +5 T1 Nirvana Dagger and +2-+3 armors with flawless cits.

But other than that, I guess it's not surprising what people think of the number 1 faction on servers.