Options

Comments

• Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thanks Shelly, will do.

After doing this http://i.imgur.com/elbHa.png
    I'm considering adding some sort of high score or something.

Maybe I should write a series of challenges / Achievements...

1) Get a +5 refine in under 100 mirages (no orbs allowed).
    2) Refine to +7 using less than 10m coins.
    3) Refine to +6 using only mirages.
    4) Get a +12 refine using less than 200m coins.
    5) Refine everything to +6 without orbs.

stuff like that.

I just managed to +8 the S3 R9 bow with about 4m coins with Tienkang and Tisha..of course i lost it after i gambled some more..rofl

Btw, what settings give the best combination for refining?
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • mburnz
    mburnz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Asterelle, your calculator is awesome!

I'm testing warren.forrest's tips and for now it's getting good results, thanks for it as well. These are the best I got:

http://imgur.com/m8dSO

http://imgur.com/WdJp6

http://imgur.com/w5CF9

http://imgur.com/ZOgYG

http://imgur.com/V4OFa

This calculator really came in good time,

greetings and thanks from PW Brazil!

PS: I can't wait for the improvements... b:thanks
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm glad you like it!

I decided to remove the scroll bars on the chat window since I couldn't style them to look like the game properly but you can still use the mousewheel / arrow keys to scroll. Let me know if anyone needs them back.

I actually was able to fix up some of the problems with IE and it is pretty useable in IE7 except drag and drop the Aids / Gear into the refining window, the tooltips are broken, and some styling problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I just managed to +8 the S3 R9 bow with about 4m coins with Tienkang and Tisha..of course i lost it after i gambled some more..rofl

Btw, what settings give the best combination for refining?

Sell me your G16 nirvana magic swordb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    STommys - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I decided to remove the scroll bars on the chat window since I couldn't style them to look like the game properly but you can still use the mousewheel / arrow keys to scroll. Let me know if anyone needs them back.

In webkit browser you could use their scrollbar properties to style the scrollbars in any way you want. I did a test and got almost all of it. I couldnt done the last parts because I didnt had the necsary images from the game, but shouldnt be that hard. Here is what I made. Check that you can use the right side arrows to move the chat. Unfortunately, we can't place the scrollbar on the left side yet. But a right side bar would look good.

http://dabblet.com/gist/3158892

An alternative is making a custom scrollbar with javascript. Harder, but can work in every browser.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm glad you like it!

I actually was able to fix up some of the problems with IE and it is pretty useable in IE7 except drag and drop the Aids / Gear into the refining window, the tooltips are broken, and some styling problems.

When I used the arrow keys to scroll now, it also moves the page at times. It's a tiny bit annoying. Would be nice for those of use with laptops with trackpads to some kind of scroll-bar functionality. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:sad STOP PMING ME NO I HAVENT HAD LUCK YET b:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    When I used the arrow keys to scroll now, it also moves the page at times. It's a tiny bit annoying. Would be nice for those of use with laptops with trackpads to some kind of scroll-bar functionality. b:surrender
    In webkit browser you could use their scrollbar properties to style the scrollbars in any way you want. I did a test and got almost all of it. I couldnt done the last parts because I didnt had the necsary images from the game, but shouldnt be that hard. Here is what I made. Check that you can use the right side arrows to move the chat. Unfortunately, we can't place the scrollbar on the left side yet. But a right side bar would look good.

http://dabblet.com/gist/3158892

An alternative is making a custom scrollbar with javascript. Harder, but can work in every browser.

Didn't know about that. Too bad that doesnt work in firefox.

I ran into a problem with skinning the thumb as an image since the browser doesn't let you specify a fixed height for that control (it grows and shrinks relative to the scroll area of the page :S).

I simulated the scroll thumb look with various gradients and got fairly close though.
    Only chrome / safari will have the cool scrollbars for now but others will still have uncool ones

Maybe I'll replace it with a javascript one but most of the ones I've found either aren't good or add too many stupid dependancies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • sachelfunlol
    sachelfunlol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nice simulator, when the script ran that showed the pm from I started to try to type a responce b:chuckle
    Lets troll the forums together b:victory
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Trixie Is Best Pony Ffs

^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Options

I ran into a problem with skinning the thumb as an image since the browser doesn't let you specify a fixed height for that control (it grows and shrinks relative to the scroll area of the page :S).

I simulated the scroll thumb look with various gradients and got fairly close though.
    Only chrome / safari will have the cool scrollbars for now but others will still have uncool ones

Maybe I'll replace it with a javascript one but most of the ones I've found either aren't good or add too many stupid dependancies.

Yes, I wish they would stadardize this scrollbars pseudo classes, so that other browsers would implement them. But as you saw is not a perfect implementation, still they could make it better.

But it does look nice on chrome.

I found this jQuery Plugin that works quite nice: http://www.aplweb.co.uk/blog/js/scrollbars-v2/

The selects can look a bit nicer by changing the border color, radius and padding to it and make them similar to the other inputs in PWI.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Oh it does look really nice on chrome. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This...is...AWESOME. I already killed 30 mins on it.

The "Luck Options" is a freakin hillarious add.

Please add "Dead" to the list of ponies.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Fairly large update:

I was able to coordinate with the pwcalc.com guy some needed site to site communication.

You can now load up your own gear to refine in the app via pwcalc. After you do this you can bookmark or share the URL and it will automatically load up your gear for you.

As a side effect of this the gears that are loaded up from pwcalc have rich tooltip info which is pretty cool. The refine level on these tooltips will update as you are refining but the base stats won't (for now).

Here's an example: http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html#pwcalc=820b0d0bc45439ff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkMarch - Lost City
    DarkMarch - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    OMGzzz~!!! I just refined a equip to +7 with 73 Mirages.

How I wish this is real..my refining luck in game suck....
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nice update :)

I noticed a problem. After loading the equipment from pwcalc and then pressing rest it sets all to 0 refine. Shouldn't it set it back to it's original refine?

And the pwcal Load button might need a new image for the onhover state.

I was bored the other night and made an auto refine addition to your simulator. Here is the javascript file:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6VlBlejk4MXJCV1k

Use it, and change it all you want.

It was just a fun addition to play with :)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    So I'm having some....reasonable luck on here, I hope my luck is.....reasonable when I get my next set of gears ready.

+8 for under 3 mill is reasonable luck right? b:cryb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nice update :)

I noticed a problem. After loading the equipment from pwcalc and then pressing rest it sets all to 0 refine. Shouldn't it set it back to it's original refine?
    Fixed.
    And the pwcal Load button might need a new image for the onhover state.
    it does have a new hover image but it's like stuck in the cache or something... try holding shift + reset...

I was bored the other night and made an auto refine addition to your simulator. Here is the javascript file:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6VlBlejk4MXJCV1k

Use it, and change it all you want.

It was just a fun addition to play with :)
    Neat, I'll take a look...

EDIT: Very nice... Added!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    wewt +6'd something for $520K

and really.. GSTs for 8m? b:chuckle
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Beat this:

+12 with 58 mirages, 2 tienkangs, 2 tisha, 3 oceans, a +11, and a +12 orb.

I've had this sorta luck once in game lol, never again since in all my refining. Usually a +7 takes maybe 600 mirages, give or take.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well nothing really changed from when i do this on actual PWI. I refine something to +3, go for another it fails. Buy all the Tienkang stones i can. Fail, drops back to +2 remove the Tienkang stones get back to +3, use again fail and repeat, till all the stones are gone. Now the 12mill, I just spent 4 hours farming to get, went on getting +3 on my boots. Then i get pissed off leave and go to bar, get really drunk, tell the guy next to me all about how much i hate refining in Extreme detail. He gets offended after 2 hours, we get into a fight, we break a bunch of stuff. (A few bones). get picked up in the ambulance, get stitched up, go to jail, call my wife to bail me out, come home and go to sleep... Btw for some reason tonights bail, I think you should pay for making me try refine after 1 year of saying **** it and just use orbs...
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Options

Here:

+12 with 4.2m using only tienkangss and mirages

it does have a new hover image but it's like stuck in the cache or something... try holding shift + reset...

Yes it works now :)

Neat, I'll take a look...

EDIT: Very nice... Added!

I am glad you like it :)

I saw that you changed the graphics for the results window. So now I was able to style the autoRefine window so does it has the correct size + other minus styles updates.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6X2NlTXdUUFhXOFU

One more thing. When you drag the items, they show behind others. I would be better to change the z-index of the element so does it always stays infront.
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I am glad you like it :)

I saw that you changed the graphics for the results window. So now I was able to style the autoRefine window so does it has the correct size + other minus styles updates.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8OaBgc05Pe6X2NlTXdUUFhXOFU

One more thing. When you drag the items, they show behind others. I would be better to change the z-index of the element so does it always stays infront.

Updated (added a flipping disable state on the buttons) and fixed the z-index issue.

I am a little worried though people are gonna give up on normal clicking now and just auto refine everything... clicking is where the fun is!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I may just be awful with luck on the refining sim but I cant even get +7 for less than 40 mill

Never paid more than 20 for it in game >.<
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • STommys - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Updated (added a flipping disable state on the buttons) and fixed the z-index issue.

I am a little worried though people are gonna give up on normal clicking now and just auto refine everything... clicking is where the fun is!

Thanks... disable states look nice.

Hehe. Still need to click if you want to do more complex refinning as using tienkangs/tishas since a certain refine (would be still cool to have it as a auto refine... but then it would get too complex)
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Fairly large update:

I was able to coordinate with the pwcalc.com guy some needed site to site communication.

You can now load up your own gear to refine in the app via pwcalc. After you do this you can bookmark or share the URL and it will automatically load up your gear for you.

As a side effect of this the gears that are loaded up from pwcalc have rich tooltip info which is pretty cool. The refine level on these tooltips will update as you are refining but the base stats won't (for now).

Here's an example: http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html#pwcalc=820b0d0bc45439ff

I had just tried this function of uploading the gear from the pwcalc, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can't seem to type in the link or paste it in the "Load PWCalc.com Profile" pop up window. Was using FireFox.

Edit: Oh! I see what's the problem. The text is in white making me believe that it wasn't pasting xD
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I had just tried this function of uploading the gear from the pwcalc, but it doesn't seem to be working. I can't seem to type in the link or paste it in the "Load PWCalc.com Profile" pop up window. Was using FireFox.

Edit: Strange, the gear uploaded only after I had refreshed the PWI Refining Simulator page.

Thanks for the error report, I'll look into it.

EDIT: fixed... the textbox was working but had a faulty color setting. I should like validate my code or something.. Chrome is a lot more fault tolerant than other browsers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hey all!

It's been a while since I've made a new toy but I think I have something you guys will like.
    The hardest part about refining used to be making sure to combine the right amount of 1 stars to get higher order dragon orbs but these days a great deal of refining is done without dragon orbs at all. A lot of people don't have much experience with this and don't know what to expect. Now those people have no excuse!

PWI Refining Simulator

This tool will let you practice your refining skills and gives you lots of feedback about how well you are doing. I made an effort to match the in-game refining experience as closely as possible and things turned out well. You can even choose which NPC you want to refine at and you will get the exact same effect as there is in game!

Comments and Suggestions are welcome and encouraged!

Tested in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
    Works PARTIALLY in IE

TODO:
    -Allow people to set the price for refining aids
    -Allow people to pick what kind of gears they want to refine

Change Log:
    2012-07-20 - Initial Release
    2012-07-22 - Cleaned up the interface, added IE support (tooltips broken though)
    2012-07-24 - Added PWCalc.com integration
    2012-07-24 - Added Auto-Refine plugin by STommys - Heavens Tear
    -Asterelle

You are awesome o.o

I mean it, it's just brilliant. Can't wait to get home and play on it XD

and the chatbox is such a nice touch XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I'm still clicking.

*goes back to crack addiction*
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Awesome tool! Having loads of fun playing with it :D