Nirvana T3 reroll "question" (CSing =/= smartness)

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So, the only full R9r2 +12 jaded/vit stoned T3 helm/cape +12 jaded archer on Raging Tides started arguing against a friend/factionmate of mine because he keeps thinking that you can't reroll sockets when you reroll the stats on T3 gear.

He doesn't believe me when I say it either, and he tells me to "read up on it", and he wants proof. So I'm posting here for him. So he wants to know, when you reroll a T3 weapon, can the amount of sockets be changed?

(I obviously know the answer is yes because I've done it before, but he won't believe anyone)

I'll direct him to this thread so he can see all the answers from everyone from different servers so maybe he'll get a clue before insulting another person.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    R9 third cast weapon or Nirv third cast weapon?
    As far as I know from the 1 dude that I know who rerolled his 2nd cast to third cast R9 weap you always get 2 sockets. But for Nirv third cast you can get 1 or 2 sockets even when you reroll stats on Nirv weapons.

So if he was talking about third tier R9, he was right.
    If he was talking about third tier NV, he was wrong.

Edit: Even the datbase shows it at craft rate 2 socket 100%
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34788
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    R9 third cast weapon or Nirv third cast weapon?
    ]

He doesn't believe me when I say it either, and he tells me to "read up on it", and he wants proof. So I'm posting here for him. So he wants to know, when you reroll a T3 weapon, can the amount of sockets be changed?

The answer is yesb:bye

And that person is ab:chuckle anyways
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    I generally refer "T#" things to Nirvana Tiers, and then just say R9, R9r, R9r2 for Rank 9, Rank 9 recast, and Rank 9 2nd recast.

But yes, I was referring to the Nirvana ones. My friend who was in the argument PM just made his T3 Wand Foundation of World, and he's proud of it because it took him a while. And it came out as 1 socket. Then he told this R9r2 +12 friend of his (doesn't look like they're friends anymore), and he started talking trash and whatnot to my friend.

What's sad is that my friend also helped him farm the molds for his R9r2. I had respect for this person, but now it flew out the window.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't you have better things to do than post threads saying you were right such and such a time, or complaining about peoples stupidity?

Too err is human, to moo bovine, get over it we don't need these threads. Go to your faction forums to insult and try to humiliate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Don't you have better things to do than post threads saying you were right such and such a time, or complaining about peoples stupidity?

Too err is human, to moo bovine, get over it we don't need these threads. Go to your faction forums to insult and try to humiliate.

Being able to multitask makes a lot of things possible Man.

And I never stated his name here. He asked me to check up on this, and to prove to him that T3 weapons can be rerolled to 2 sockets if you rolled 1 socket to begin with.

Just doing what he wanted. Once there are enough posts here from people from different servers giving the correct answer, I'll link him to this thread so that he can see the answer for himself.
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Looks for insults in _Skai_ post... nope don't see it. See him simply asking a question b:bye
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Looks for insults in _Skai_ post... nope don't see it. See him simply asking a question b:bye

Think he was referring to the title, which was a bit uncalled for. But nonetheless from what I've seen and experienced in the game, people who CS often think that they're always right, and it takes a lot to make them accept that they were wrong, especially if the person saying they're wrong is from a rival faction.

I've met many people like this in real life, and to make them accept they're wrong is to more or less force it to them. And I have a pet peeve for doing just that.
  • lun4r1os
    lun4r1os Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012

And I never stated his name here.

Cough, cough, cough. Yesyouacctualydid.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    lun4r1os wrote: »
    Cough, cough, cough. Yesyouacctualydid.

From the image name I probably did >.>
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Back to the old "buttkiss in hopes he joins faction" trick i see
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Such an attention ***** you are.

Btw, if you don't think you told people who that person is by saying *he's the only person on the server with this type of gear* then you're the =/= smartness.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Such an attention ***** you are.

Not sure who you're talking to, but I'm not seeking any attention.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Being able to multitask makes a lot of things possible Man.

And I never stated his name here. He asked me to check up on this, and to prove to him that T3 weapons can be rerolled to 2 sockets if you rolled 1 socket to begin with.

Just doing what he wanted. Once there are enough posts here from people from different servers giving the correct answer, I'll link him to this thread so that he can see the answer for himself.

Speaking of multitasking:

Professor Russell Poldrack, a psychologist at the University of California, conducted brain scan research which found that doing something else while trying to learn, such as watching TV while doing homework, sends information to an inappropriate part of the brain. Instead of sending information to the hippocampus as it is supposed to, an area of the brain involved in storing and recalling information, the information is sent to the striatum, a region involved in learning new skills from where it is difficult to retrieve ideas and facts.

http://blog.soniclearning.com.au/2012/03/brain-awareness-week-topic-1-of-5-is-multi-tasking-bad-for-your-brain/

But getting back on topic:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34787

Craft Rate with 2 socket(s): 100%
    Drop rate with 2 socket(s): 100%

Looks like it won't **** up much.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm suprised you didn't link him to this thread.

Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012

Speaking of multitasking:

http://blog.soniclearning.com.au/2012/03/brain-awareness-week-topic-1-of-5-is-multi-tasking-bad-for-your-brain/

But getting back on topic:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34787

Craft Rate with 2 socket(s): 100%
    Drop rate with 2 socket(s): 100%

Looks like it won't **** up much.

But does that relate to multitasking relating to the same thing? Such as playing ingame and also browsing the forums? That's good to know. Next time I won't monitor a catshop while resorting to my studies at the same time.

And I was talking about T3 Nirvana weapons.

@Evanera Only players in RT would generally know who he is. He doesn't speak in the public often, so he's not that well-known. If you play on other servers, chances are you won't know him at all.
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    So much anger for someone being wrongb:sad
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    @Evanera Only players in RT would generally know who he is. He doesn't speak in the public often, so he's not that well-known. If you play on other servers, chances are you won't know him at all.

Obviously. However, that's the same thing with naming and shaming. Nobody on other servers will know them more than likely, but you're still singling that person out publicly. You're singling this person out and insulting him.

Not that I care for that naming and shaming rule as I wish it never existed, but nonetheless, don't say you're not doing something when it's more than evident that you are. You could have easily made this thread without pointing out *only person with yaddy yadda gear*.
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    inb4movedtortsubforum b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Obviously. However, that's the same thing with naming and shaming. Nobody on other servers will know them more than likely, but you're still singling that person out publicly. You're singling this person out and insulting him.

Not that I care for that naming and shaming rule as I wish it never existed, but nonetheless, don't say you're not doing something when it's more than evident that you are. You could have easily made this thread without pointing out *only person with yaddy yadda gear*.

Other than the title, which I have already stated was uncalled for, this post wasn't really insulting him. He just didn't want to believe that he's wrong for once.

And... I really didn't state his name here. That's all I said. And that's still holding true.

I would like more answers regarding the question in the first post rather than off-topic discussions.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    So, the only full R9r2 +12 jaded/vit stoned T3 helm/cape +12 jaded archer on Raging Tides

I really did think you were intelligent.

I also never said you named him.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, the only full R9r2 +12 jaded/vit stoned T3 helm/cape +12 jaded archer on Raging Tides started arguing against a friend/factionmate of mine because he keeps thinking that you can't reroll sockets when you reroll the stats on T3 gear.

(I obviously know the answer is yes because I've done it before, but he won't believe anyone)

e.

I would like more answers regarding the question in the first post rather than off-topic discussions.

can we keep the na-na-na-boo-boo-stick-your-head-in-doo-do; im-so-right-and-you're-so-wrong-so-there threads in RT please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I'll direct him to this thread so he can see all the answers from everyone from different servers so maybe he'll get a clue before insulting another person.

The thing is, R9 is always crafted with maximum sockets. Though of course, when rerolling, if you wish to keep your shards, you need to keep the sockets, which to some might give the illusion that you can craft R9 with less than maximum sockets.

The socket question is only applicable for G16 Nirvana. And I believe we've already had multiple people said that they rerolled and got a different number of sockets.

Though Skai, I think you ought to refrain from posting topics such as these. It's really a bit sad. After all, if you know you're right, it shouldn't matter for **** if someone else thinks you're not. So essentially these kinds of topics end up making you look like a know-it-all who has some kind of compulsion about being right.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My daggers started 2-sock g15 and went 1,1,1,2,1 for sockets on the recast and subsequent rerolls (I Chienkung'd nothing, and all rerolls were done with the daggers at +3 - since +3 is free to keep on reroll)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Though Skai, I think you ought to refrain from posting topics such as these. It's really a bit sad. After all, if you know you're right, it shouldn't matter for **** if someone else thinks you're not. So essentially these kinds of topics end up making you look like a know-it-all who has some kind of compulsion about being right.

I'll have to apologize for this. It's just the friend of mine that was in the argument has been a friend of mine since I ever started this game, when I was a tad level 1 veno. And I took it more personal than one should have. I only have two friends left whom I have stuck with since my beginning on PWI, as all of the others that I have been with since I started have either quit or we have stopped conversing as often, and having one of them being put down like this really ... frustrated me, so to speak.

This thread is more or less made to blow my steam off. I apologize if it offended anyone, and made me look like a total know-it-all jerk.