@ChaoticShelly

_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Chronicles
Please lock this thread/depth it once you've answered my question to the best of your ability.

So in response to your post from this thread quoted below:
So you're basically saying that the real issue you have is with PWE actually taking action against people who edit the *.ini files - not the person who is so called butthurt and acts like a good Samaritan.

I wonder, why did PWE issue basically permanent bans (I wouldn't really consider 32 years as a temporary ban) for people who made their characters look prettier (or uglier, if that floats their boats) when it, as Aasimar has stated, doesn't break any real game mechanics, nor does it give them an unfair edge in PvP/PvE; whereas PWE only issued 1-2 DAY bans for people who obviously abused and exploited a glitch that allowed them to reach level 105 in less than a month? And that obviously gives players an edge (whether it be small or large) in PvP/PvE (the most predominant one being players sin-potting and sins' stealth).

Sure editing .ini files is in the ToS, but isn't abusing/heavily exploiting a glitch where the player is aware it's a glitch against the ToS as well? Because even though PWE stated it's a mistake on their part and they should just unban all of the bug abusers of goon glitching, they still withhold their word on banning (permanent, to say the least) players who just want more character customization options for their character?

I mean, on both issues the player obviously knew that it's against the ToS (to edit the .ini of your character files and to abuse/exploit the goon glitch).

It just bewilders me when PWE will permanently ban people for making their characters look pretty, while letting the heaviest goon glitchers get off with a day's ban.
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Shelly isn't a gm, and I really do wish the gms would address this. Even it does mean there are more chars I turn off my customization for when i'm around them. ::shudders at some of the creeptastic dolls::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    I know she isn't, but I want to know her standpoint/opinion on it after reading her post.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Easy. Goon glitchers paid for hypers, so PWE made money from them. Now that they are 105, they are more likely to stick around and spend more $$$.

INI editors do not pay money, so they get banned.

I honestly think it all comes down to economics. It sounds pathetic and sad, but this is PWI that we're talking about here. b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Well, they're definitely banning people regardless of their CS status. Had a few friends whom I know heavily-cs'd that got 32 year bans for making their character cuter/prettier.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, they're definitely banning people regardless of their CS status. Had a few friends whom I know heavily-cs'd that got 32 year bans for making their character cuter/prettier.

I'd suggest they pm frankieraye, maybe if enough people complain about the permabans they'll be a little less strict for first time offenders.

edit: seemed to work for the goon glitchers. -__-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    @shelly's quoted words

Being a snitch over something that has no effect on the person snitching or anyone else is in no way comparable to stopping and helping someone in need purely because you see they are in need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's simple, I don't have an opinion on what the GMs choose to enforce and what they choose not to. It's clear that they prioritize things differently than the players do.