Seekers Morai Skill Question

Options
Sympathi - Archosaur
Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Seeker
OK so its already been confirmed by Hexalot that Sacrificial Slash works exactly as intended, it being a buff and debuff which can be Quid Pro Quo'ed which is excellent news for us Seekers (Advice stay in Krav Maga's +5 Defense buff with O'malleys when casting the skill then switching to Jones blessing for the full usage of the skill.)

Now for Radiant Sight, has any Seeker acquired this yet? and if so can you find out if it firstly boosts your stealth detection by 31 as stated, that it last for 8 seconds and then test if stealth detection pots can be used at the same time giving a total stealth detection level of your toons level + radiant sight + detection pot.

Detection Potion +30 Detection
Espionage Potion +30 Detection
Revelation Potion +31 Detection
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
Post edited by Sympathi - Archosaur on

Comments

• Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'll be getting that skill on the weekend if no one else answers your question by then. I currently don't have any detection pots, however. b:surrender

Bit off topic but I did as you asked per your pm which is tested Sacrificial Slash's defense debuff on a target with zero defense levels. I don't have any jades in my gear so my max defense level is also 81 when fully buffed. Therefore on triggering Sac. strike, the skill reduces my defense levels by 40% from 81 to 49. So if your general theory is correct, any target I QPQ should suffer the loss of exactly 32 defense levels.

Results of test :

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/2012-03-2922-19-54.jpg
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'll be getting that skill on the weekend if no one else answers your question by then. I currently don't have any detection pots, however. b:surrender

Bit off topic but I did as you asked per your pm which is tested Sacrificial Slash's defense debuff on a target with zero defense levels. I don't have any jades in my gear so my max defense level is also 81 when fully buffed. Therefore on triggering Sac. strike, the skill reduces my defense levels by 40% from 81 to 49. So if your general theory is correct, any target I QPQ should suffer the loss of exactly 32 defense levels.

Results of test :

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh165/Maestro120/Sacrificial%20slash/2012-03-2922-19-54.jpg

wait 40%? i thought it was 50% defense level reduced for a 40% attack level gain on the amount reduced;

I.E 81 defense > 40.5 defense level loss for a 16.2 attack level boost.

If you had 81 defense and it lowered you to 49 then you lost 40% defense, which isnt the skills description b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I know a seeker with radiant insight and it looks like from the test we did, radiant insight DOES NOT stack up with any other detection potions cuz the buff is the same. Also, even if the skill doesn't say so, the skill is actually dependent on your total SoulForce. That seeker has 41k soulforce and the skill lasts for 30 secs for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    wait 40%? i thought it was 50% defense level reduced for a 40% attack level gain on the amount reduced;

I.E 81 defense > 40.5 defense level loss for a 16.2 attack level boost.

If you had 81 defense and it lowered you to 49 then you lost 40% defense, which isnt the skills description b:shocked

skill clearly says it reduces 40% of YOUR def lvl to increase own's attack lvl with 50% of the defense loss. think ur wrong there xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    skill clearly says it reduces 40% of YOUR def lvl to increase own's attack lvl with 50% of the defense loss. think ur wrong there xD

Sorry, dumb moment for me i thought it was 50% defense for 40% attack, not the other way around but im pretty sure it was that o_o b:surrender

Then yes the amount you QPQ is pre-fixed determined by the amount it reduced you by, not the defense level of the target.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I know a seeker with radiant insight and it looks like from the test we did, radiant insight DOES NOT stack up with any other detection potions cuz the buff is the same. Also, even if the skill doesn't say so, the skill is actually dependent on your total SoulForce. That seeker has 41k soulforce and the skill lasts for 30 secs for him.

WTF ??? b:shocked

You sure ?

Wow... that skill just became 10 times more impressive.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Options
    OK so its already been confirmed by Hexalot that Sacrificial Slash works exactly as intended, it being a buff and debuff which can be Quid Pro Quo'ed which is excellent news for us Seekers (Advice stay in Krav Maga's +5 Defense buff with O'malleys when casting the skill then switching to Jones blessing for the full usage of the skill.)

Make sure you QPQ the defense debuff first before switching to Jones... or else the skill will simply reapply the fixed attack/defense percentages against your now lower defense levels... resulting in a lesser over all attack level buff (50% of whatever the recalculated defense debuff is) as well as a lower defense level debuff to QPQ to target.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    WTF ??? b:shocked

You sure ?

Wow... that skill just became 10 times more impressive.

100% sure now tht i myself saw him use it and it lasted for around 30 secs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

you sure that was the skill itself or the detection pot he used to see if they stack cuz detection pot last 30sec
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    edited March 2012
    Options
    you sure that was the skill itself or the detection pot he used to see if they stack cuz detection pot last 30sec

its not exactly 30 secs. its 32 or so for that seeker and no he didn't use detection potion. its either that or he seriously lied to me. but i think its the former.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    its not exactly 30 secs. its 32 or so for that seeker and no he didn't use detection potion. its either that or he seriously lied to me. but i think its the former.

i hope so i have 52k soulforce so it would last me about 40sec
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    i hope so i have 52k soulforce so it would last me about 40sec

Assuming it follows a pattern in soulforce rather then @ intervals of 10, 15, 20 32 seconds would mean 41k soulforce (rounded down im sure its a misc figure) would be 1,300 SF Per second, with maybe 8 being the minimum the skill can have.

so 52k would indeed be 40 seconds, im on 24k soulforce so mine should be 18 to 19 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm getting transposition in the next days, i'll give news about it soon. i hope i will be able to clear up the confusion abotu it b:shocked
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Anyone can directly confirm the duration of Radiant Sight depending on SF?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ergosphere - Heavens Tear
    Ergosphere - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    It gives +31 awareness (lets you see sins equal to your level) and is not affected by soulforce.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I just got transposition and it was the definition in our character skill list the good one. It let us switch position with an enemy player that is within a range of 20m. Probably because i just have 15k soulforce, but i dont like how much dependant on soul force the skill is for its success. target player with equals refine = 70% to succeed. minimum being 40% and max 100%. a good side of the skill, it has .5 sec of channel and .1 sec of casting. and its cooldown is 1 min only.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It gives +31 awareness (lets you see sins equal to your level) and is not affected by soulforce.

I guess the person was just mistaking a detection potion for the time the skill lasts, if he was wrong about that then can you please confirm if any of them 3 detection pots stack with the skill b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    just got sacraficial slash today. its worth getting and there werent jokeing the def lvl gimp it gives u can be QPQed to ur enemy. havent tested to see if that stacks with the stance debuffs yet though.
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Is Radiant Eye influenced by the Rank 8 Armor?

Or is it like just some wording put in the armor that does nothing whatsoever?

Radient Eye armor has a description that says: Enchances the power of the Radient Eye on the seekers head.

True or False???
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    Options

Radient Eye armor has a description that says: Enchances the power of the Radient Eye on the seekers head.

True or False???

I believe its just display text on the armour to add some uniqueness to it for example im sure the ☆☆Wanderer Skiff - Nirvana dosnt give people orgasms when you kill them with it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

True or False???

could be true. but its more then likely that the pwi team just didnt think all the descriptons through for future uses.
  • Ray - Momaganon
    Ray - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    About Blood Thirsty Blitz skill...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33730

That book of darkness... it says "Treasure map material"

On the npc Aurora Agent.

Any info on this?

And also about the transposition skill, how does it look? anyone got a video to see how it works?
    Always man up. -> /watch?v=pvaN27TgJUc
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    About Transposition, I don't know how to make videos, but anyways, I got it on my seeker last week and can say more about it.
    The channeling/casting is veeery short, so you can barely see an animation, it doesn't seem to work in PvE at all (all it does is aggroing the mob w/o switching place or anything, when I saw that it would aggro, I tried luring with it and all the mobs came so it's not even good to pull). As for PvP... So far I only tested it on my wife who has much less soulforce than me, and on first try it just didn't work... I guess I was just unlucky cause the next 3 tries all worked.
    The effect is extremely fast, so you can barely realize what just happened xD
    Roughly, it feels like when you use Voidstep, but instead you land where your target was when you used the skill, and the target lands where you were. And... that's all.
    All in all, this skill isn't insanely useful, but the bright side is the 1 min CD, which is decent. I've never tried it on someone with much higher soulforce than me though, so I'm not too sure about the reliability.
    I have about 19k soulforce and my wife has 13k, and the skill worked 3/4 times... So the reliability on targets with higher soulforce than you doesn't seem so good.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    About Transposition, I don't know how to make videos, but anyways, I got it on my seeker last week and can say more about it.
    The channeling/casting is veeery short, so you can barely see an animation, it doesn't seem to work in PvE at all (all it does is aggroing the mob w/o switching place or anything, when I saw that it would aggro, I tried luring with it and all the mobs came so it's not even good to pull). As for PvP... So far I only tested it on my wife who has much less soulforce than me, and on first try it just didn't work... I guess I was just unlucky cause the next 3 tries all worked.
    The effect is extremely fast, so you can barely realize what just happened xD
    Roughly, it feels like when you use Voidstep, but instead you land where your target was when you used the skill, and the target lands where you were. And... that's all.
    All in all, this skill isn't insanely useful, but the bright side is the 1 min CD, which is decent. I've never tried it on someone with much higher soulforce than me though, so I'm not too sure about the reliability.
    I have about 19k soulforce and my wife has 13k, and the skill worked 3/4 times... So the reliability on targets with higher soulforce than you doesn't seem so good.

So you can use it to grab cata barbs and get em out of range from their catapult? b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I wonder if it can be used to move blue bubble without canceling it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I wonder if it can be used to move blue bubble without canceling it.

i tried it, and transposition also act as an interupt, so it will cancel BB
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I used the skill Transposition in TW the other night, and it had an unusual glitch for me. I had targeted a cata barb that was running quite fast, hoping that he would accidentally run out of the cata's range that he was pulling and immobilize him so that the cata will self deteriorate. Strangely, the skill transported me to where he was, but it did not transport him to where I was originally when I used the skill. I was wondering if any seeker with the skill had experienced this before? Is it because of the catapult that is linked to the barb the reason why the skill "half failed" and didn't translocate the intended target like it's suppose to? Since it did translocate myself, it's prove that my soul force was higher, and the skill did activate. I also had used this skill for non cata pullers, and this skill works fine for those targets in TW.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I used the skill Transposition in TW the other night, and it had an unusual glitch for me. I had targeted a cata barb that was running quite fast, hoping that he would accidentally run out of the cata's range that he was pulling and immobilize him so that the cata will self deteriorate. Strangely, the skill transported me to where he was, but it did not transport him to where I was originally when I used the skill. I was wondering if any seeker with the skill had experienced this before? Is it because of the catapult that is linked to the barb the reason why the skill "half failed" and didn't translocate the intended target like it's suppose to? Since it did translocate myself, it's prove that my soul force was higher, and the skill did activate. I also had used this skill for non cata pullers, and this skill works fine for those targets in TW.

Did you try it on any other targets in TW? If it can't be used in TW than it is pretty worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Did you try it on any other targets in TW? If it can't be used in TW than it is pretty worthless.
    Tested it couple times in TW.

maybe i was just unlucky but it did not seem to budge a catapult mover. =s rare times that THINK it did, it kinda...budged me an...inch? was like wtf?
    it worked on couple other targets tho. Especially on pesky clerics that stand back or try to run away. b:thanks There was a particular cleric that i spammed it on who prolly had more soulforce than me. The chance was fairly good was about 50%

altho... i have to say, its a suicide skill kinda >.>
    the pple that you would want to transpostion.... is basically the ones that are heavily protected and ... BOOM... you among them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

It works for all classes in TW, but it just doesn't seem to work for those targets who are pulling a catapult behind them.

Having an effective distance of only 20m really limits the creativity and usefulness of this skill. Now, it seems you can't use it on cata pulling barbs. I think that the skill's handicap of only being able to work by a chance and being soul force dependent should be an adequate balance factor for it to not be a complete OP skill.

I am still really pissed that hp debuff is no longer QPQ-able. Can't tell people how many times I was hit with STA and Bloodvow and couldn't transfer that to a nearby cata barb. Of all the new Morai skills that came out, Sacrificial Slash is perhaps the best useful one for PVP.