Weapon Damage Question for a Dummy

Options
Sympathi - Archosaur
Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
OK so quick question for any of them game formula knowing people (archers) out there, do Garnet gems (or sapphire too) count as weapon damage?

Its to solve this question, which would do more damage with skills such as Gemini Slash that add 450% weapon damage to the attack;

http://pwcalc.com/f802c627a84a6f93 for garnet gemmed.

http://pwcalc.com/13c1c506c08c75a7 for primeval gemmed.

Thanks in advanced! b:pleased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
Post edited by Sympathi - Archosaur on

Comments

• XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes.
    /thread
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Yes.
    /thread

Thanks for the uuuh, Blunt response i guess. Got any way of showing it or just assuming b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the uuuh, Blunt response i guess. Got any way of showing it or just assuming b:surrender

weapon attack = attack from weapon + attack from shards in weapon + attack from rings and other equipment + character level

Source: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Weapon_Attack
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options

They do. It's in the damage formula that was taken directly from the files of the game.

Also, not as definite a proof, but if you make your two builds identical in PWCalc, you get the following damage numbers:

2x Primeval: 8352-10317
    2x Garnet Gem: 8967-10932

And since the refine, statting and gear is identical, the damage increase can only be explained via the Garnet Gems.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    On a tangential note, the weapon damage bonus from Blazing Arrow takes into account the base weapon, refines, and garnet shards. It does *not* take into account damage bonuses from rings / other ornaments. I am unaware if it takes into account Attack Charms.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited March 2012
    Options
    They do. It's in the damage formula that was taken directly from the files of the game.

Also, not as definite a proof, but if you make your two builds identical in PWCalc, you get the following damage numbers:

2x Primeval: 8352-10317
    2x Garnet Gem: 8967-10932

And since the refine, statting and gear is identical, the damage increase can only be explained via the Garnet Gems.

That only shows Garnet Gems add to your base physical damage which i knew anyway i wanted to know if it counts specifically towards weapon damage or just adds to your base for the sake of skill spamming;

Attacks the enemies within 12 meters to the target, and deals base Physical damage (median of 8383-10220), plus 450% of weapon damage (median of 1934-2413 plus 150 from gems or a median of 2084-2563 if it adds into?), plus 5500.

Would that be accurate is what im trying to find out, or similar to, either way whichever is correct is the same i just wanted to find out if 2 garnet gems would increase the weapon damage, and therefor be multiplied with skill weapon damage % such as 450% from Gemini.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    If it only counts as an add to base damage, the base damage would not have increased by ~600 in the pwcalc link right?

In short, yes it does count toward weapon damage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited March 2012
    Options
    weapon attack = attack from weapon + attack from shards in weapon + attack from rings and other equipment + character level

Source: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Weapon_Attack

It's not only the weapon and the gems.