Problem when start game -> check this pls.

Options
taniabg
taniabg Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Support Desk
Watch the vid, tell me please if you know how to solve this. After genesis came out i couldn't play PWI anymore.

http://youtu.be/s9Sx99JxUUY
Post edited by taniabg on

Comments

• Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This may be due to your video card, can you post your PC specs?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A screenshot of the error message would have saved me a lot of time.

So would looking at the forum posts beforehand.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1294271

Install a video driver. That's a Direct3D acceleration error. your video driver isn't DirectX compliant.

Or, POST MORE INFO.
    Include dxdiag output. (If you're running 64, use 64-bit dxdiag.) (Also, don't forget to put it in CODE tags.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Guddah - Archosaur
    Guddah - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi,
    Another alternative would be:

Start button > search > Device Manager > Display adapters > your card > Driver > update Driver
  • taniabg
    taniabg Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, already tryied uptading and it says is updated to the best.

Anyways, when i come back from work i will try to download and install that driver you say. And will post if it works or not thx.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Hi,
    Another alternative would be:

Start button > search > Device Manager > Display adapters > your card > Driver > update Driver

NOOOOOO don't do this.
    All it will do is update you with the lastest WHQL driver that Microshaft has. 90% of the time, that driver will NOT support DirectX and will cause exactly the problem that the OP is having.

Get the driver DIRECT from the manufacturer of your video card and nowhere else.
    In the OP's case, this happens to be AMD/ATI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImperfectDan - Archosaur
    ImperfectDan - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since i use WIN7 and my card is

Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

DirectX is integrated.. with latest version.. 11... so i cant install the 9.... .and yes not working cuz d3dx9_42.dll not found...

so since i cant use DirectX 9.. and cant downgrade... what should i do to run PWI after the patch (i already hate..) ??

ty...
  • Llewelyn - Raging Tide
    Llewelyn - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You can still install 9.0 redistributions on top of DirectX 11 (link to dl here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1295981), no guarantee it will help though...
  • kalel31
    kalel31 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i log in my account in PWI, then after that i click the start button. the nest problem is on the next scene, it has to be have a start button again to start the again. why does the start button is disabled? Please do help me! im only new here! thank you in advance!