Bone Dragon Rare Pet in Descent Expansion

Comments

• VenomMatron - Sanctuary
    VenomMatron - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    tta22 wrote: »
    Venomatron or something like that? I see her camping it right now.

I was hoping im the first. :D

20120220204009.jpg

I tamed it last week ;) I'm there to help my friends tame it. Congrats on getting it Bona
  • FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear
    FoxxyMaxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I managed to get one a couple of weeks ago, but i'm not sure of the 24-48 hour spawn time. i was camping for 5 days solid before i saw it appear. ofc i may have missed it, even though i don't sleep much ... but u kinda go stir crazy after a while b:laugh

i named it 'Insomnia' .... seemed pretty appropriate b:pleased
  • /IP - Sanctuary8
    /IP - Sanctuary8 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    2012-03-2012-44-17.jpg
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I did see a veno with the little dino pet, so it has indeed been tamed in Sanctuary. Said dino had three elemental bashes for caster nirv. Not sure if it's the rare pet or just a tamed mob, but yeah. xD

I just wanted to ask a quick question about the new dino pet -

My veno has both a herc and nix at her lvl.

Should I get the new dino pet or will the herc suffice for PvE purposes? I always use my nix for grinding, so no dino grinding for me. xD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Should I get the new dino pet or will the herc suffice for PvE purposes? I always use my nix for grinding, so no dino grinding for me. xD

I'm mainly going to get the dino because it has awesome attack with claw buff. And it's quite tough too. So pretty nice if you need an inside DD pet. Nix can't go there >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I pretty much want the Hatchling for DD purposes. Most likely I'll also equip it with a couple of debuffs and perhaps replace my current DD/debuff pet. A lot of people make this mistake. The new pet will not replace the Hercules since this new pet is made for DD not tanking purposes.

I wish I could extract Claw buff from my DD pet now XD but back then I couldn't have known such pet would be implemented haha.

Also, I don't have a Pheonix since various reasons made me decide to invest in other things (skills, gear) instead of getting my second legendary pet so having the Hatchling would also benefit me in grinding. I haven't erased the idea of getting a phoenix but it's far from being a priority especially with this new pet now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Think I'm done investing in pets. Some of us have sunk buttloads of time into pets like a Vericose Scorpion only to have this pet hit harder and faster, moves faster, has much better defense and only slightly less mdef. PW took a big dump on some of us with this so I'll take it as a lesson learned.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • /IP - Sanctuary21
    /IP - Sanctuary21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Derjan's pet dmg with bash Dino.jpg
    and buffed nix dmg with bash nix.jpg
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That's nix with claw and bash 5, and hatchling with just bash 5?

Also, are both Loyal?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • /IP - Sanctuary26
    /IP - Sanctuary26 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    That's nix with claw and bash 5, and hatchling with just bash 5?

Also, are both Loyal?

Yes nix have 5lvl skills and yes derjans pet just with 5 lvl bash both loyal 999
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    I guess claw doesn't affect bash damage then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Air to ground reduction? Seem like it to me, retry same duel in the air next time with the nix to see if there is any difference.
  • tweakz
    edited March 2012
    Sorry if I missed it, but anyone tried if it has range like marksman/ pods?
  • /IP - Sanctuary27
    /IP - Sanctuary27 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Air to ground reduction? Seem like it to me, retry same duel in the air next time with the nix to see if there is any difference.

Derjans pet http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/virsetis/Derjan.jpg
    Nix in air http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/virsetis/nixinair.jpg
    so anyway dino do alot of dmg + hes dont have buff like nix. atleast dino hit more than herc and faster:D
  • tweakz
    edited March 2012
    Bone Dragon patk at 101: 4182 (1/s)

Phoenix patk at 100: 4922 (1/s)
    at 102: 5097

Vericose Scorpion at 100: 4008 (.6/s)
    at 102: 4149

Dark Wanderer at 100: 3343 (.8/s)
    at 102: 3463
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2012
    Could you post full stats for those pets (for the nix, without claw) for the wiki?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /IP - Sanctuary28
    /IP - Sanctuary28 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Could you post full stats for those pets (for the nix, without claw) for the wiki?

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/virsetis/dino1.jpg
    http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/virsetis/nix1.jpg
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Don't you catch it at level 101? Why does dino starting level say 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /IP - Sanctuary30
    /IP - Sanctuary30 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Don't you catch it at level 101? Why does dino starting level say 1?

i dont know whay 1lvl =p
  • Alexyal - Heavens Tear
    Alexyal - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Does the Derjan Dino look any different from the Fossil Dinos that are wandering around?
  • letitworkthistime
    letitworkthistime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Does the Derjan Dino look any different from the Fossil Dinos that are wandering around?

They look exactly the same.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Finallyyyyyy b:dirty

Ironically I had just given up on it because I wanted to farm DQ and Nirvana and I randomly found it when I was passing by that place with my Psychic for quests...b:chuckle So much for camping xD
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I want that pet so bad... a nix in instance b:cry
    Insanity b:thanks
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gratz Desdi and Thanks :)

Finally I got mine aswell.
    Respawn time is a bit screwded, found it in the middle nearby to one of those bosses, but it respawned after 24+ more like 36+ hours after tamed.

I just tab there and check the mobs names. It does looks like exactly like the Dino mobs around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Gratsies!

And well yeah, I'm totally confused about the respawn time now...it makes no sense to me XD
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just feel trolled by the dino ._.

Maybe I shoulddo it like you two and forget it and just come to look at a random time? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well the more venos that get it , the less camping you will see about it. At least based on common logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    I don't know about the other servers but on Sanctuary the area is not being camped at all, as of now.

The first day I saw several venomancers camping for it but now that they caught it, they are no longer camping it (and I am one of them).

Though, I believe this makes it more challenging when there is nobody camping since you have absolutely no hints if the dino spawned and was tamed or whatever XD
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yea trolling dino is trolling xD

This area is not camped like Desdi said, I had a hint about the respawn time from last tame but it was not working coz the pet was not there after 12 or 24hours.

Around the 36hours after tamed, I logged on as cleric , lol, but decided to check the area, and just found it, had to rush to stash gears and log veno to go there and tame it. I bet it was there for a couple of hours................

Is not only common logic is about the egg is bound after tame, so there is no chance to make profit selling it. That's why you wont see many venos camping it after get their own Dino, unless they are helping others to tame it.

Have a hint about the last time tamed-killed helps to know when to go there to check and do not spend you whole time camping it.

Also nowadays there is not many people doing the bosses for morai quest so it really prevents the random kill, since for example I found my Dino so close to the boss and i lured it carefully to do not lure the boss with it XD.

Also i had to lower so much the hp, until like 10-15% even if i was alone in the area, tamed was failed when i tried with hp around 25%

GL :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Indeed, the dino is one tough cookie. I had hints from VIP that you gotta lower the HP of the dino a lot otherwise it will fail xD

So for the venos out there that encounter rivals, don't rush to hit tame. Wait for when the HP is really low!
This discussion has been closed.