Skai's Assassin Videos

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    New video is out! This one is of my factionmate Zarkin_Baxil and I duoing the new Phoenix Valley, as you may have seen our earlier video of us duoing the 95+ instance.

Hope you enjoy!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • anbelll
    anbelll Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi!
    I just posted here to tell you that I really like your videos :D
    Especially the 3 that are not PvE or PvP, and the ClawSin es great :D

BTW, i saw your Zeal, and I would like to know what do you reccomend for mine, mainly for PvE solo. Is your's based on str, mag, dext?

Thanks for your videos :D
  • seecfin
    seecfin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :D.dd
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    anbelll wrote: »
    Hi!
    I just posted here to tell you that I really like your videos :D
    Especially the 3 that are not PvE or PvP, and the ClawSin es great :D

BTW, i saw your Zeal, and I would like to know what do you reccomend for mine, mainly for PvE solo. Is your's based on str, mag, dext?

Thanks for your videos :D

vitmag for spammability
    also skais vids are awesome
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Thanks guys! And as for a PvE solo genie, as Spazz stated, a vit/mag combo is best because you can spam skills often. You would also want it to be a Zeal so you can pull with Earthflame.

Mine's 100 magic and 83 vit, but you can try higher vit or equal vit/mag.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    New video! This one is just a very sped-up edit of Wednesday's event: City of Abominations. I never really recorded one of these runs because it's just repetitive.

Hope you enjoy!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    New video if you're not subscribed to me! This one is of the new Morai skill in Corona: Shadow Sight.

Useless skill in PvE and PvP in terms of causing any damage and/or debuffs and/or buffs, but it helps in seeing some eyecandy that some shops tend to have, or see if someone is being truthful or not in a banked nirvy run.

Hope you enjoy!
  • alex12312423
    alex12312423 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hi _Skai_ nice video's but can you say what build do you use for your sin i mean the stats how do you put them?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    I'm 100% pure dex, so my vit and magic are 3 base, and I have enough strength to wear r9 gear with my other gear on, which is around 105 total in str, and the rest into dex, which at the moment adds up to 534 dex.

And thanks!
    edited June 2012
    theres a skai impersonator on pwv for the record, he/she admitted they arent you but they took your name D:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    I know b:chuckle I've been informed of it from many subscribers.

I still only play on PWI, and on the RT server.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I know b:chuckle I've been informed of it from many subscribers.

I still only play on PWI, and on the RT server.

b:shocked I saw someone named perfectly like you, a sin on dreamweaver, had me wondering if that was you. stopped myself from asking xD
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    b:shocked I saw someone named perfectly like you, a sin on dreamweaver, had me wondering if that was you. stopped myself from asking xD

Well rest assured that the only sin I play is only on Raging Tides. Any other that claim to be me are imposters. But ones that don't claim to be me are fans I would assume. xD
    edited June 2012
    I knew it wasn't the real you when they went sage b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have gone inactive for the time being. I still have footage to edit and upload, but for now I have lost interest in PWI rather abruptly.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Received some lovely discouraging messages about my PvP video. Haters gonna hate, but I just can't help but feel really discouraged about this.

I'm sorry everyone, but I think it might be almost time to pull the plug on video making for a while (after my 1k subscribers special).
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Received some lovely discouraging messages about my PvP video. Haters gonna hate, but I just can't help but feel really discouraged about this.

I'm sorry everyone, but I think it might be almost time to pull the plug on video making for a while (after my 1k subscribers special).

D: b:cry
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Just to point out the obvious, but the PvP crowd in this game, and in games generally, is full of *******s. This would be especially important for you, considering that your character packs tons of potential hatepoints. For one, you play an Assassin, which is generally regarded as an easymode PvP character. For two, you have R9+12, which comes with the whole "Pay2Win Skill-less Cash Shopper" label. For three, you actually used stealth. For a lot of people, these three points are reason enough to call anyone, no matter how good they did, trash and a waste of space.

Also, you have achieved decent notoriety with your videos, so obviously the people who watch your videos will come with high expectations, even if it's not something that they should. Heck, I get the same with my forum fame: people expect me to know the answer to everything or expect me to have R9+12.

My suggestion? If you make a PvP video, just disable the comments altogether.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have gone inactive for the time being. I still have footage to edit and upload, but for now I have lost interest in PWI rather abruptly.
    It happens, just take a nice break n.n

b:cryb:cryb:cry
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Just to point out the obvious, but the PvP crowd in this game, and in games generally, is full of *******s. This would be especially important for you, considering that your character packs tons of potential hatepoints. For one, you play an Assassin, which is generally regarded as an easymode PvP character. For two, you have R9+12, which comes with the whole "Pay2Win Skill-less Cash Shopper" label. For three, you actually used stealth. For a lot of people, these three points are reason enough to call anyone, no matter how good they did, trash and a waste of space.

Also, you have achieved decent notoriety with your videos, so obviously the people who watch your videos will come with high expectations, even if it's not something that they should. Heck, I get the same with my forum fame: people expect me to know the answer to everything or expect me to have R9+12.

My suggestion? If you make a PvP video, just disable the comments altogether.

Thanks for that. I'll definitely only let approved posts on my 1k subscriber special.

And I'm not pulling the plug forever. It's just I probably will be too busy with my irl in the next few months to record footage to make more videos.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    +1 at what olba said.

cheese gotta cheese
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Skai people who talk **** usualy fail at pretty much everything so I wouldnt worry. I wouldn't be worried by the small and mean, mostly because they are useless and offer nothnig of substance. And just remamber the majority of the people around here care and respect you, and besides you can always send them to me. I'm sure I have a few people left that I can call on that know something of warer boarding or some other form of unpleasantness.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    _Skai_, hoping you still check in on this thread, you may the only help I can find for this issue:

I am trying to record PWI on full screen and/or windowed mode, each time I try this. No matter what program I am using (FRAPS, Hypercam, CamStudio, etc) I keep running into issues. I could find work-arounds for some issues but not all. (i.e. put CamStudio in window mode and region select/fixed region and it'll record right)

I am wondering what recording software you use and any tips you would recommend for a newbie with the recording softwares (last time I used something like that was on ********* when it was popular).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2012

What?

Look, I make videos because I want to, it's a hobby of mine and gives me something to do mainly, it makes me feel good about it, I don't really care what other people say or do about MY work and I think I put at least a little bit of effort into making them. Yeah, it might be discouraging, but people are just going to be people, keep on making videos! You do it because you want to, not because of a playerbase right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Thanks guys, I'll continue making videos, but it just makes me feel crappy inside when there's the few that dislike my work, even though I put work into it.

I mean, I know I can't please everybody, but now I'm starting to understand what top artists and whatnot mean when they say it's that small few that dislike it that hurt you the most.
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Thanks guys, I'll continue making videos, but it just makes me feel crappy inside when there's the few that dislike my work, even though I put work into it.

They're just jealous.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    @Perses I use Fraps. I record at 29.97 fps, and it just records my PWI screen when I record. The overlay displaying the FPS is on the screen as well, but is absent when recording.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    @Perses I use Fraps. I record at 29.97 fps, and it just records my PWI screen when I record. The overlay displaying the FPS is on the screen as well, but is absent when recording.

Do you use the full version or the free version?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Do you use the full version or the free version?

ARRRR WE GET FREE FULL VERSIONb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
    edited July 2012

People who talk **** and get butthurt over a game are just stupid, you shouldn't be discouraged judging by the amount of support you've gotten here. Don't let it bother you and please make more videos :D
    yours are some of the more high quality on youtube