[Announcement] Anniversary Contest Winners!

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all, we're proud to announce the winners of our two Anniversary Contests: the Facebook Profile Contest and the PWI Anniversary Giveaway!

Facebook Profile Contest

For this contest (which was technically two contests), players had to use a use their PWI character as their Facebook Profile Picture, then comment on the corresponding wall post. Profile pictures had to remain so until September 9th to be eligible.

The first of the two contests was simple - throw your character up there, and the most creative and aesthetically pleasing image would be chosen. Our winner:

Rose Waters

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/6winner.jpg

The second contest was a bit more interesting - this time, players were asked to use the character customization tool to re-create a real person. The subject could be anyone at all. And our winner:

Kathryn Farr-Simon (as herself)

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/en/pwi/content/herselfwinner.jpg

Each of these two winners will win a Shadow Fox and depending on their location, either a Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard or a rare flyer.

PWI Anniversary Giveaway

For these contest, players simply had to log in at some point during the first weekend of the anniversary, from Friday September 2nd until Sunday September 4th. Everyone who logged in during this time period was entered into a raffle, and the two winners were picked at random. Our winners are:

oceantwirl - Heavens Tear

Monmareux - Archosaur

Each of these two players will be sent a Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard, a limited-edition PWI Barbarian statue, and a $10 Ultimate Game Card for their trouble.

So congratulations to our winners, and we'd like to thank everyone who participated!

See you all in-game!

-PWE Staff
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so a boring faceshot managed to win *shrugs* thought it was about creativity
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aweee man, i never win :( but congrats to those who did :)
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I managed to make that same sin in under 3 mins. So much for promoting creativity...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I managed to make that same sin in under 3 mins. So much for promoting creativity...
    I know, they say "be creative" and make the winner the most uncreative one..
    Entries will be judged based on creativity and overall appeal.
    guess it was rated on perv factor
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The sin/psychic is pretty, but doesn't look even a little unique. Creativity? Is it because she has pink hair instead of the usual blonde that people tend to go for? Mmmmkay.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why am I getting an error when I try viewing the images linked?

Also, why do the images on PWE servers randomly stop working?

Congrats to the winnars anyway.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dang ugliest ph0t0 wins >.<.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Marelia - Momaganon
    Marelia - Momaganon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Gratz to the winners! :O

I totally forgot bout this contests....damn it! lol

Kathryn did a good job there, it realy looks like her. :)

I like the fish too. :P
    Pretty Pink Fish. b:laugh
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how...not even remotely interesting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Glad I didn't enter, would've hated to lose to a mostly preset sin just because it's hair color was pretty. :P I do think the winner showed a good bit of creativity by having the name match the aesthetic though. Oh well, gratz to the winners!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    my second post was just under roses, and i was actually promoting pwi lol, rushed pickings because of emergency maint and other ruckus going on.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    mine was about the hidden-ness of the post on their FB.. *shrugs* I got a GM in mine now, how many people can says that :P
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWI Anniversary Giveaway

For these contest, players simply had to log in at some point during the first weekend of the anniversary, from Friday September 2nd until Sunday September 4th. Everyone who logged in during this time period was entered into a raffle

Not true.

Not everyone. Only those living in the US...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wait a minute when the hell did you guys say there were extra prize givaways >>> Each of these two players will be sent a Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard, a limited-edition PWI Barbarian statue, and a $10 Ultimate Game Card for their trouble. <<< was this a separate contest or the same one, ok now im confused.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • Ahnuk - Raging Tide
    Ahnuk - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just a small question: shouldnt the entries be posted by September 2nd? As far as i see Roses was only on 3th...
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woxai - Heavens Tear
    Woxai - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Grats to the winners!!

Though I have to agree with some people, the sin was very pretty, but lacked creativity. And the fact that the newer classes look better then the 3 older ones didn't exactly help the contest.

just a small question: shouldnt the entries be posted by September 2nd? As far as i see Roses was only on 3th...

Would you mind showing us what you found?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know you love them both
  • Ahnuk - Raging Tide
    Ahnuk - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is the entry from her i found
    Ofc she can have posted before already, it just sounded to me that this was her first post. I didnt browse through the whole list though

Note: The time is european time +1, but should still be already the 3th in west US, they have 9 hours earlier than i have
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Glad I didn't enter, would've hated to lose to a mostly preset sin just because it's hair color was pretty.

^ this.
    that winner is lolworthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Rieco - Raging Tide
    Rieco - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so a boring faceshot of a preset sin managed to win *shrugs* thought it was about creativity

/fixed
  • ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur
    ZQzQzQzQz - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what the FFFFFF XDDD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckleb:laugh
  • SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver
    SixXsGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/275819_1637566760_6703014_n.jpg
    im sorry but if she won because she has pink hair.....b:angry i want a prize too...she looks almost the same as me only her face is more zoomed in....b:lipcurl

oh and btw on her fb comment she says: I wished to enter too... T__T.... meaning she entered too late?...am i right?
    edited September 2011
    This thread is now a "QQ i lost/QQ the winners suck".. cmon guys really, just be happy for the winners, so what if rose's entry was past the deadline (which i confirmed just outta curiosity and scrolled thru all 700+ comments), maybe the gm's have been too busy adhering to the commands of their slave drivers in china and removing items from the DQ shop, fixing SP, etc etc, and didnt click the "show older posts" link and just picked off the most recent 20-ish posts (which rose's entry is in the last 20).. and who cares if its essentially just a preset, its basically the only entry thats zoomed in that far.. just be happy for the winners who won not only the posted prizes, but the secret prizes (statue and game card) as well. if you dont like how PWE conducts their contests, dont enter any in the future, i'm 89% positive i wont be (a contest where you could win, say, 100 or more zen would likely sway my mind though).
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Some of us use the character customization to its fullest. When a preset slapped with a different hairstyle and tweaked colors wins in a contest promoting aesthetics and creativity, then you're definitely going to be getting a huge chunk of players mad obviously. Also, 100 zen is 1 gold. That wouldn't sway my mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monmareux - Archosaur
    Monmareux - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Alright, so now how to we claim the prizes? I can't access the email linked to this account. Would be nice if I knew how to actually get the prize, now! Hehe.
  • BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this is total BS lazyness picking on the 2nd contest winner lolb:angry
    edited September 2011
    Some of us use the character customization to its fullest. When a preset slapped with a different hairstyle and tweaked colors wins in a contest promoting aesthetics and creativity, then you're definitely going to be getting a huge chunk of players mad obviously. Also, 100 zen is 1 gold. That wouldn't sway my mind.

Oh believe me i know, i spent 4+ hours, per character (i have 4 so far on this server), in the creation pages getting it "just right"

as for the zen, cmon now, have you SEEN gold prices these days?? when i started playing it was about 250k or so a piece, now its what, 1.9mil?? actually, i missed a 0 lol, i meant 1000, sue me b:chuckle
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    how... completely expected of PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I didn't enter and never planned to. I'm not all that great with making characters that look like me or other real people. The person that managed to succeed in that department actually did a nice job! Kinda sucks that PWI's fail with the other winner is hogging all the attention right now.

I don't think this is a case of people hating on someone simply because their entry wasn't picked. I could have made that same exact tideborn character in less than 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, I'm fairly confident that my assassin or psychic looked very similar before I decided that they looked like everyone else and gave them makeovers a while back. I wasn't the only person that noticed the lack of creativity. The fact that it appears that her entry was actually late makes this contest look like even more of a joke. Kinda glad I didn't bother.

As someone else pointed out, it seems obvious that a tideborn or earthguard would have a much higher chance of winning a beauty contest than others. The textures used for their faces are much easier to work with as far as making an ascetically pleasing character goes. That being said, I have always thought my veno was pretty... then again, everyone has their own idea of what beautiful is. I think she's pretty, but definitely not as pretty as my seeker that took about 15 mins of playing with sliders to create. I know that this means that humans, elves, and untamed just need to work a little harder if they want to compete in contests like these, but it still seems like tideborn and earthguards will always have the upper hand.

I'm not bitter. I'm simply making an observation and giving my feedback.

Edit: Was just thinking... maybe a male and female category would have been good? The poor guys seem to totally get shafted in contests like these. A lot are playing female characters, but not everybody.
  • BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=693418183#!/profile.php?id=693418183
    tell me why Chuck Norris didnt win or any other of my chars win lol. only reason i can think of is gm lazy to click on photos and look at it in full pics, instead of that small profile picture b:cry