• Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I suck at this game... dats not lying
    b:shutupb:shutup
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And if we look those players up, they will be ranked, right?

Will they even be white named?

And why you are taking soooo many screen shots of 3k hits, I'll never know.

Barb in my faction asked me a day or two ago what my highest crit was in pvp, so I hit him for 43k+ b:surrender

With O'malley blessing b:chuckle

Ranked? Idk from that picture, I'd have to check. I've shown you others where I was "dueling friends" that were ranked. I put up several pics of me hitting ranked players for 10k+

Ummm yes? Maybe no? I really can't tell you the name status of all those players... erm sorry, I mean "dueling friends."

All the 3k hits I see are ultimates landing. The solo ones only go as low as 5k, and (from that pic) get up to ~9k.

And I'm sure you can easily outdamage me, I'm not 101 so I'm obviously not r9 like you. Also, I fight people that outgear me pretty often, so a lot of the time my winning 1v1s relies on lower hitting suta combos, not wtfpwnt mega crits.

And I was hoping the abundance of damage logs would make my point obvious that I don't duel friends for screenies, but once again the point goes over your head :\
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The point was you posted damage logs against players as indicia (google it) that you pk alot or know what you are talking about.

My questions to you show that your post proved nothing. It, as with your advice, is all just words.

Ask around on your server for a wizard that knows what they are doing. See who the high ranked pvp wizards are on your server and ask them for help. I've never heard of one refusing to do that.

Its better than random thoughts from someone that seems so self-impressed.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'll take those posts over yours any day.
    you're e-peen-ing around here a 43k crit on a barb, and you're rank9? you're talking like you're in the shoes of a great PvPer and you QQ-ing left and right about the new wizard skills?

I lost all little respect I had for you.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reyte - Lost City
    Reyte - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    What about AA pants? Should we use the rank 8 pants or keep the old acrobatic pants for the +phys def?
  • JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    keep TT90 pants
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    oooh, a guide that makes some sense, exciting!

A quick note on the diminishing returns of garnet shards compared to citrines though, it's a fairly common thing I hear people say, but I don't think it's quite right :)

Say you have 50% pdef reduction, and add 1% to it, taking it to 51%. Then in a real situation you now take 49 damage instead of 50. That's actually decreased your damage taken by 2% (a 2000 hit would now deal 1960)
    If you have 80% and increase it to 81%... you now take 19 damage instead of 20... so if someone would have hit you for 2000, they now hit for 1900. So that single % amounts to 5% damage reduction! So the returns are not quite as diminishing as people think.

Citrine shards taking you from 5k hp to 5.1k hp have added 2% to your hp... whereas 10k up to 10.1k has only added 1% hp.
    In reality both citrine and garnets offer something of a diminishing return, and which to use would depend highly on your gear / ornaments etc.

Anyway, I don't really want to nit pick, because overall its a great guide. Reading through it I actually just found myself agreeing a lot! That's rare for me, lol.
    I love drinking tea
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the critique Saedion. Adroit mentioned before that citrines also have diminishing returns, and that's why I threw in the sharding calculator.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the critique Saedion. Adroit mentioned before that citrines also have diminishing returns, and that's why I threw in the sharding calculator.

Go citrines.
  • Storm_Sage - Harshlands
    Storm_Sage - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Awsome guide b:victory
  • Xyara - Harshlands
    Xyara - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    im a bit confused in something, i need a phy def cloack like the cloudcharger or i would go for the -6% chann like the lunar glade ???? same problem with helmet should i pick the ences scar (more phy def and hp) or the warsoul of heaven for the -3 chann ???
    edited April 2012
    I personally have a phys def cloak and -chan helm, but I mean that's really up to you.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    im a bit confused in something, i need a phy def cloack like the cloudcharger or i would go for the -6% chann like the lunar glade ???? same problem with helmet should i pick the ences scar (more phy def and hp) or the warsoul of heaven for the -3 chann ???

Depends of what gear you have and what you are aiming to have, always try to keep a balance and have at least a -30 chann.. here is a fast example of what I have (sorry for no shards and refines to lazy atm XD )

http://pwcalc.com/dbf2cfe6b87f0302
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/87bb9d98c32bf9ab

Should I uninstall yet Killanator? <3
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
    edited May 2012
    You shouldn't even be allowed on the forums <3
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/87bb9d98c32bf9ab

Should I uninstall yet Killanator? <3

ohmygosh i want that!b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's so, so nice to see an actual, informative, and helpful guide on wizzies being stickied as it should be, but I do have a few points for debate. Of course, you should also consider that everything I say comes from a Demon wizzy who has never actually bothered to go guild-hunting in her life, generally tries to avoid 1-on-1 PvP if and when she can, and never bothered to take off her NOOB label in 3 years of playing.

Firstly, gear costs. You're talking about +10 refines on everything like it's raining Dragon Orbs, and having lived and leveled in poverty for the vast majority of my PWI life, I certainly do think it is important to consider costs for wizzies who are too poor to afford gear that will allow them into Caster NV/GV/a guild that will give them still better gear. From personal experience, a single piece of NV gear can take months to farm solo, and that's if you're lucky enough to have good enough gear to farm. For wizzies stuck with HH 99 or below weapons, it can be damned-near impossible unless they have friends in high places. And of course, I am discounting the possibility of paying for rank, because as a teenager, I have no job, no credit card, and too much pride to pay.

Secondly, your strategies for fighting clerics, which I find somewhat lacking, but I do know full well that fighting clerics is one hell of an exercise in frustration. It might be possible to sleep --> seal/Occult Ice --> Sutra --> Get 20 more Chi --> Mountain's Seize/Blade Tempest, but there are just so many ways that could go wrong and it all depends on perfect timing, as well as requiring the cleric to be a brain-dead zombie who thinks AD refers to the year. There are not enough words in the English language to describe the Fury I feel when talking to a cleric who complains about not having enough DD when they have so many convienient control skills.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wanna see a cleric AD? get them to around half after they sleep you, start charging d.pyro and hit genie spark. if they AD you can sutra afterwards, if they don't ad you have a good chance of bypassing their charm with a crit. and having a tt90/99 mix means you should have around 30-35% channeling so you shoudnt need to cc them to pull that one off. zooming thunder powders are nice for killing clerics also. ztp>mountain seize is a nice combo to use on almost any class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :/ I heard demon wizzies were better at 1v1 style pvp, but even as a sage wiz we are pretty awesome. the reason why wiz aren't usually seen as a 1v1 class is b/c our ultis are all aoe and we lack inherent anti-cc skills

regardless, perhaps our most OP genie skill (spark) is definitely used for single target dps/dph and if you build such a spark genie, it'll probably include the anti-cc skills too, thus making the wiz much better at 1v1s

a trick you can use agains lower hp classes is poking around with pyro and seeing how much it hits... if through a combination of undine, spark, and pyro you can get the opponent to close to 1/2 hp, you can try to set up a 2-shot sutra-pyro-dpyro combo, which requires fast reaction times to counter if not immediately obvious. many times that ive used it when it seemed to be a viable option (speaking specifically regarding clerics), both shots landed before the game was able to register the stacked IH healing effect
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the reason wizzies aren't viewed as a 1v1 class is because you have to build yoru genie around being able to amp your damage enough to make your burst damage kill things. originally a wiz crit was gg, nowadays you need spark or purge/amp/dg/subsea/frenzy in order to hit someone with equal gear hard enough to really be able to kill it with a crit.

Other classes can use the same genie in tw that they use in pvp, have inherent anti stuns. Better control skills. The list goes on. If they build a genie specifically for 1v1's you get bm's who you can't kill 1v1 or sins like cheze who have a genie for nullifying each class. Wizards can be competitive, but it takes a lot more $$ for you to compete then all the other classes. Where as in tw, you can have less gear and do just as well if your timing is good with amps/purges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daemon_Imp - Lost City
    Daemon_Imp - Lost City Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yea :/ in some versions where everyone has r9+12 josd that fact becomes more obvious, it's just impossible to kill cuz the wiz weapon and skills no longer dominate due to superb defenses that everyone has

my genie was built primarily for anti-cc due to our lack in that field... though supposedly arcane def can help a bit and now there is purify spell on a weapon (was it something 3rd cast?) anyways I'm not up to date on the new stuff
  • j1c1y8
    j1c1y8 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    First and foremost, if you're an LA wiz I need you to gtfo. Like right now. By now you should know that the returns from the additional phys defense and crit % you get from LA doesn't even begin to compare to the magic attack you're sacrificing. And if you're an HA wiz then you need to start uninstalling.

my faverite part lol ^
  • highfived
    highfived Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well im a demon wizard and since im onnly lvl 98 dont have most of the moves but in a duel i usually do Force of will then in that stun time i quickly use moutain seize for even more stun then i pyrogram then gush and they are dead... but if not i use will of the phoenix as well and crown of flame then no way they alive.
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This was a decent guide, but certainly needs updating now.

Citrines are no longer the best way IMO with everyone at G16 and +7 refines considered low, the increase to your hp by percentage isn't significant.

The BM part too used to be good, but again now, if a BM is of the "imma claw you variety" you can just laugh and kill them... The only way they will win is if you literally fell off your chair laughing!

Lots of new combos with morai skills too. Mortal a barb at 55%, for example (hopefully I don't need to say the rest lol). ice prison DB, etc etc.

Just a couple of random parts there, is the op still playing? Update please!
    I love drinking tea
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder,
    is there still no way to beat sin 1 v 1 , until now as a Wiz?
    in condition : the same gear lvl, same char level, both decent player

b:question b:thanks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder,
    is there still no way to beat sin 1 v 1 , until now as a Wiz?
    in condition : the same gear lvl, same char level, both decent player

b:question b:thanks

Wizards can certainly beat sins.. it seems to me that at end game wiz vs sin really just comes down to who can tank who better, and if both chars are maxed out.. imo the wiz has the advantage.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wizards can certainly beat sins.. it seems to me that at end game wiz vs sin really just comes down to who can tank who better, and if both chars are maxed out.. imo the wiz has the advantage.

Wow...,
    I think I fall in love with u b:cute
    lol
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you! To DaKillanator and everyone who posted-
    As a PvE player until NW, I can use all the advice I can get-lmao. I die about every 30-60 sec in NW with nice gear and quested my way to this level so I'm very familiar with how my skills work--against mobs. PvP? Definitely a work in progress lol
  • iffy22
    iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    This guide seems outdated. Is there a better one?