Endgame Wizard Guide

DaKillanator - Raging Tide
DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Wizard
Disclaimer

This is not a guide on how to level your wizard, the best places to grind, what skills you should level, or what cultivation you should choose. This is a guide written for level 100+ Wizards with the intent to help you correctly play your wizard endgame, which means PvP (Group and 1v1), Delta (the only endgame PvE instance you're really useful for) and most importantly, TW.
====Gearing and You====
First and foremost, if you're an LA wiz I need you to gtfo. Like right now. By now you should know that the returns from the additional phys defense and crit % you get from LA doesn't even begin to compare to the magic attack you're sacrificing. And if you're an HA wiz then you need to start uninstalling.

So you're an AA wiz. Good job. The first thing you need to do is get rank 8. If you have nirvana from an old character, that's fine. But if you're a new wizard, then r8 is definitely the way to go. It's stronger than Nirvana and much cheaper, so why not?
Aside from r8, you should also get tt99 sleeves/boots. Necklace of Giant Strength and Guard of Thundershock are both affordable and good ornaments. If you can splurge then go for a Puzzle Necklace and a Warsong Belt. The helm and cape are up to you. Warsoul of Heaven and Cape of Elite Leather are both affordable and good options.

As for sharding; You should exclusively use citrines. You can shard one piece of armor with garnetts if you absolutely can not control yourself. The reason that you need to shard with citrines is because all the physical defense you'll need comes from your ornaments. The problem is, physical defense suffers from diminishing returns. Yes, sharding with garnetts on 1 piece of a armor might give an extra 500 phys def, but that might only equate to +1% phys defense. The beauty of citrines, is that there is no diminishing returns. You may add as many as you please, and your hp will just keep rising.
Now of course there are exceptions to every rule. If you want to see for yourself if you're such an exception, then take a look at this socket calculator http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html -brought to you by Asterelle

Now let's talk about refining. You must have +5 gear/ornys and a +10 wep if you want to be a factor in PvP and TW. If you don't want to be a factor in PvP or TW, then you're playing the wrong class and must be a ****.
*Note: you should aim to eventually +10 your orns. +5 is a good start, but phys defense is invaluable to wizzies.

This is probably the cheapest, yet still effective, option you can go with- http://pwcalc.com/85a4ea206fb5fff9

====Genies====

Adroit has been kind enough to write a genie guide that would shame any mediocre genie guide I could slap together in this subsection, so I'll just link you to it. Also make sure to read through a couple pages of it, has some pretty interesting information.
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=992692
Post edited by DaKillanator - Raging Tide on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    ====1v1 PvP====
    Despite what anyone else says, I personally believe wizards are one of the best 1v1 classes. Assassins obviously roflstomp us, but aside from them we can take on any class.

One extremely important part of 1v1 PvP is kiting. So I'm going to give you a quick overview on the basics of wizard kiting.
    First rule: Keep fights in the air. It makes your kiting abilities three dimensional. Kiting from your opponent can mean flying up, dropping down, or good old fashioned "s" mashing. Whenever your opponent closes in, get off your fly and begin dropping. This will cause them to do half damage to you. Excellent for pissing off BMs and Barbs. Next up is good old fashioned distance shrink. Any time you need to create distance between yourself and your opponent, use it. Lastly there's holy path. That's basically your "Oh ****" button. If the opponent triple sparks or you need to suddenly create space between yourself and the opponent for any number of reasons, then holy path is the way to go.

So I'm now going to go class by class and explain what you can expect to see.

Blademasters- They're going to kill you in 2 steps; First they close in and stun/occult you. Second they pull out their claws and twitch you to death. You can make stunning a very annoying process for the bm if you have a fortify/badge genie. Fortify can break up chain stuns, and badge can get you out of trouble if you mess up with fortify or if the bm occults you. Now that you're impossible to hold down because of your genie, getting twitched to death isn't an issue because you can simply move if they try to hit you.
    On the offensive side of things, it should be noted that the bm should be magic marrowed and that keeping them undined will make a big difference. Also if you don't have sage BIDS, whether because you're a demon wiz or can't find/afford it, then you should use BT on magic marrowed bms if you want to charm bypass them, because it will do more damage than a non-crit BIDS.

Clerics- the #1 way a cleric is going to kill you is with a sleep > debuff > triple spark > razor feathers/plume shot combo. The sad thing is, it's almost unavoidable. Simply let them in range, and their short casting sleep will be on you before you know what happened. When that happens you need to rely on your genie. You have 3 choices: 1) use wind shield and hope the ~25% damage reduction is enough for you to not get 1 shot and pray they don't crit. 2) use absolute domain and definitely survive the hit, but **** your genie in the process. 3) use expel, semi **** your genie, and leave yourself open to magic attacks. All 3 options suck to be honest, but I personally believe option one is the way to go. Once you're unslept, immediately hit the cleric with FoW > undine > poke skill > sleep > BT. If the cleric used EP on you earlier in an attempt to one shot you then you're in luck because they can't use AD. If their genie isn't exhausted, then the above combo is out of the question and you're on your own.

Barbarians- The only way a barb is really going to kill you is with Arma or a crit. So keep their hp close to 50% at all times because that will keep them vulnerable to a sutra combo as well as weaken the power of Arma. Definitely keep this fight in the air, as they have a huge speed advantage over you on the ground in tiger form.
    Now if you got lucky enough to find a -int build barb, then take a second to laugh. A -int barb is basically a bm minus the stuns, plus a little hp, minus the magic marrow. An easy one shot. But if it's a well built vit barb then a charm bypass is almost completely out of the question. You're free to roll the dice if you have sage BIDS and want to go for the crit, but to the rest of you I recommend hitting them with a sutra combo after you tick their charm, while they're undined.

Archers- Watch their bow. If it start's glowing on the front, then I recommend using fortify because chances are that's stunning arrow being channeled. Archers are a ***** to fight because they hit hard, have a ranged stun, and FoW hardly works against them because they can simply walk/fly out of range since this battle will most likely take place around max range. That means you shouldn't use your sleep lightly, it will be invaluable. Also, you might want to consider using hailstorm to hold them down. If you're demon, then I definitely urge you to do this. Maybe even use pitfall if you want. Stone rain when you can as well, the stun proc will do wonders.
    Aside from them being hard to hold down, archers are fairly squishy. They usually have phys ornys and fairly low m def, so they're definitely susceptible to being 1 hit if you get their hp around 60%.

Psychics- Psys are annoying to say the least. It should go without being said, but don't attack them when you're soulburned. You're only going to kill/embarrass yourself if you do. The only exception to that rule is if you're full hp, the psys hp is near 50%, they switched to black voodoo, sleep isn't in CD, and you have sparks for BT. In that case, go for it. One of the reasons psys are annoying is because of their channel slowing spell. Not really any way to counter it, but it's suuuuper annoying. It will make gush take around 3 seconds to cast, which is ****ing forever. Your ultimates will take 6 or 7 seconds. Also, don't hit a psy in white voodoo. It's like slamming your head against a brick wall. Even BT won't do much damage against white voodoo.
    On the offensive side of things, I recommend letting the psy stun you with earth vector. Reason? If you're stunned, they'll switch to black voodoo to DD you, which makes them killable. Once they make the switch, badge out of the stun, sleep them, and one shot them before they know what just happened.

Assassin- no, I'm not trying to be funny. There are ways to beat sins. That being said, the sin in question has to be fairly stupid, preferably undergeared, even better if they're blind in real life, but still no guarantees that you'll win.
    Obviously the fight is going to start with a stealth gank. If you know they're stalking you then start jumping sporadically. Don't fall into a rhythm, keep it random. Double jump at random times, jump onto your fly occasionally, just be as annoying as possible. Hopefully they stun you in midair, and can't reach you until it wears off. Or perhaps they fly to stun you midair, and only do half damage. Either way your survivability went way up. If you didn't know there was a failfish nearby, then I'd recommend badging out of the opening stun, distance shrinking away, and getting on your fly. I'd also go so far as to say that you should use fortify once your flying, because chances are the sin is going to tele stun you.
    So that wall of text was for dealing with just the initial stealth gank. What comes after that is up to you really. There's too many things that can go wrong against a sin for me to cover. You now know how to get out of the initial gank (if you weren't 1 shot), I'll let you use your imagination for the rest.

Venomancer- first of all, don't freak out when they send a QQbird at you. They used to be dangerous, but nowadays they're not. FoW it, gush > stone rain, chances are it's dead if your wep is halfway decent. Now that the pet is dead, don't let up on the veno. You don't want them to have time to revive it. Keep them undined and pelt them with spells. Go for a charm bypass and pat yourself on the back for the quick and easy kill. Oh and if it's an HA veno then try not to laugh yourself to death.

Wizards- let's be honest, you're both just trying to get the other to waste their genie energy so you can sleep > BT them. Simply put, don't be that guy that uses genie energy. If anything, let the other wizard sleep you, pray that they EP you, then AD/expel/ wind shield when they use BT. After that, undine > sleep > BT > ??? > profit

Seeker- HA class, so you'd like to think you instantly have an advantage. But then you realize they have insane defense levels, high hp pool, and ranged phys attacks. Oh and a tele stun. DO NOT forget that tele stun...
    From what I've seen, seekers love to tele stun on you, vortex, and you're dead. Well the second they tele stun on you, use expel. Once the stun wears off, drop because you should be flying and deserve what's coming if you weren't. Fly before you hit the ground, distance shrink away, and bide time while your genie regains energy. The next thing the seeker will throw at you is their hardest hitting ranged phys attack. It can 1 hit you, it definitely will if it crits. Learn the animation for it, and use windshield accordingly.
    Offensive wise, I'd personally recommend trying to sutra a seeker before I'd try to charm bypass one. Trying to 1 shot a seeker is like trying to one shot a fb19 boss. You feel cool as **** when it happens, but it almost never does...

Mystics- Cragglord has STDs so don't let him touch you. Did you read that? DO NOT let him touch you. You will die. Kite like a **** if a mystic pulls the cragglord card, and pressure them once he goes away. I've never tried to kill a cragglord before, so idk if it's worth the effort to try...
    The rest of a mystics pets are jokes compared to a nix or cragglord. If the mystic uses that shield spell, hit them with pokes until it's gone. I wouldn't worry too much about their damage, it's pretty negligible. The only way they'll do any respectable damage is with a nature's vengeance + Absorb Soul combo, which deals physical damage that's pretty similar to the damage you'd take from plume shot. Once their shield is gone and their ~60% hp, sleep them and go for the bypass.
    edited August 2011
    ====Group PvP====
    Chances are you're on a PvP server if you're going to see much of this. There's occasionally group PvP on the other servers but it's pretty rare tbh...

Anyways! Let's discuss your role.

First of all, if you find yourself taking damage at all, you should probably retreat behind your squadmates a little. If you find yourself taking damage from multiple sources, then you're doing it wrong. Your role is to hit hard when you can, and otherwise stay out of trouble.

For the most part, group PvP is almost a combination of 1v1 PvP and TW. You might occasionally need to use your 1v1 skills to take down a single target like a BM, where other times you should use your TW skills in that you don't let yourself get too caught up in the action.

I feel that I'm compelled to mention it, though it should be obvious, but if any number of enemy squadmates are standing next to eachother, do your squad a favor and use an ultimate. You'll look pro and the other team will be dead.

====Delta====
    Let's keep it simple.
    If you've never done delta before, then this is what you need to know: stick next to the cleric. Follow them to the choke point in the valley where they want to set the zhen up. Make sure the squad stacks up on p def buffs, a little mana regen and chi gaining, and maxes m attack buffs.
    Use dragon's breath until the end of a pull, then stop using it when there's a few mobs left. Use them as chi post and try to get full chi. The reason for that is so you'll have chi for ultimates if you see a large clump of mobs and you'd like to do some spike damage. The absolute best time to use an ultimate is right after the bm uses HF. This will easily wipe out half the hp of most mobs.

Oh and if you find yourself taking aggro, drop DB and use WoP, followed by hailstorm. Kite the mobs until the barb can regain aggro or they die. Also if you find yourself with a lot of aggro, then use expel if your genie has it. Be wary of trying to tank it. If you die, then you run the risk of being sent back to 1k Streams, which means you ruined the run for your whole squad and everyone is going to be very mad at you.
    edited August 2011
    ====Territory War====
    Idgaf about what anyone else tries to tell you, our class is hands down the best class in the game for TW. Every class has it's role, true, but our class shines like no other.

So let's take a second to reflect on why Wizards shine in TW. To understand that, you must first look at what balances our class: low hp and long channeling.
    In TW, both of those things are almost completely canceled out because of the sheer number of players. Because there's so many other targets for your opponents, you can cast your long spells unmolested, and your hp is a nonfactor.
    Even if you are attacked, your gear will let you tank enough hits to retreat. Distance shrink is the perfect skill for this, as it let's you retreat 25+ meters into friendly lines. If an enemy tries to follow you, they will be ganked by your fac mates.
    Stone Barrier also makes us undesirable targets for sins. We have the highest p def of any AA class, and because of that, sins know that killing a wizard requires them to be out of stealth for too long and will lead to them being ganked.

Above all, the thing that makes wizards shine is our ultimates. Blade Tempest, if you wish to wipe out a cluster of ranged DDs. BIDS if there's too many phys DDs on your catas. Mountain Sieze, if you need to aoe stun a large group of players, as well as cause massive damage to them at the same time.

The Mindset
    The mindset of a wizzie in TW isn't to be in the front lines taking damage. Your job is to stand on the outskirts of the battle, and assess where you're most needed. The trick is to not get caught up in 1v1 skirmishes. Your job in TW isn't to take down someone 1v1. If a BM chases you around and your fac mates can't help, then fine wipe out the bm, but if you can get him to go away by retreating, then do that. There's no reason to risk dying and having to regain your sparks when you could simply retreat and let your fac mates take care of it.
    Dart in and out of the battle. Get close enough so that you can fire poke skills at the enemy, but as soon as attention turns towards you, distance shrink or holy path in the opposite direction. The best wizards seem to never die, because they never allow themselves to be put into situations where they are likely to die.

There are only 2 occasions that I can immediately think of that are worth endangering yourself over;

1) there's a cata barb that needs to be quickly killed. An undined sutra combo on a purged barb is going to hurt. With the additional DD of your fac mates, it will probably kill the barb. If the barb was HF'd for the sutra combo, then it is definitely dead.
    2) you see an extremely large mass of players standing next to eachother. Perhaps it's a couple attack squads regrouping, maybe it's a bunch of players standing around a respawn pillar. Either way, if you see 15-20 people all standing on top of eachother, then it is definitely worth sacrificing yourself to hit them. Pop a insta-cast apoth, holy path into range, and fire off a BIDS or BT. You'll die seconds later, but your one life was definitely worth the dozen or so people you may have just killed.

Coordinate with other wizards and psychics. Undine is a game changer, and when one wizard is calling out targets and undining them while his squadmates attack it, you have a very deadly attack squad on your hands.

Don't waste ultimates. I know it's sometimes tempting to go on an ultimate spree, dropping 1 or 2 people at a time, but you're not doing your fac any favors. TW for a short time and you'll realize how valuable chi is, especially when you see 10+ people grouped on eachother and you have no sparks.

Don't chase other ranged DDs. I see a lot of wizzies (and other classes) die because they chase a high-value target into enemy lines. You're just asking for trouble if you do that. Let the barbs, bms, and seekers chase around the enemy ranged DDs. You need to stay focused on your job.

Play with distances set as high as your comp can handle and proxy visuals off. You need to be able to see when there's clumps of players on eachother. I know that TWs can make you lag badly, and that always having proxy visuals off can lag lock you, but try to turn it on occasionally when you have reason to believe there's a group of players nearby. Seeing a cata, for instance, indicates a good time to turn off proxy visuals, because wherever there's a cata there's a cata squad.

When the enemy is in your base, or you're in the enemies base, target the enemy catas or crystal with your ultimates. Sometimes it's hard to find a target to hit with a long casting ultimate when people are dying so quickly, so target those things as focal points and let the aoe do all the hard work.

If you ever find yourself standing near a group of team-mates, distance yourself from them. As a wizard you should know that standing next to clumps of other players is like begging to get BT'd by an enemy wizard.

I'll add more as I remember/experience it b:cute
    Feel free to critique this or add your own insights
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I liked this guide :D My only real complaints are that it is kinda short and I think shards are there to balance what the rest of your gear lacks. Usually that means citrines.. But garnets or other shards are sometimes a better choice. You could just include Asterelle's socket calculator link so people can double check. Overall I agree with almost everything that was said.. Which is odd because I almost always find stuff to complain about. I hope this gets stickied
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Wizzie - Raging Tide
    Wizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I like this guide, very useful. I'd like to add some things tho:

1. You said Adriot not Adroit b:surrender
    2. In Delta, i see it more useful if you use BIDS on the HF, and then DB, and if you take the aggro, you shouldn't wait for the barb to take it back, cause you will take it back with the first skill you use afterwards.The best way i see it is using Will of the Pheonix like hell + Hailstorm and run around in circles.

The rest is ok. Good job!

Stick this ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Thank you the praise it is much appreciated b:thanks I'm especially happy that you didn't find much to disagree with b:victory

And you're completely right about garnetts being a possibility. But I didn't want to confuse people with exceptions. Putting up the socket calculator so people can look for themselves is a good idea, but I didn't want to explain every possible exception to the well accepted citrine only rule.

And yes it's a little short for my taste as well. But when I put an expanded version of this guide on my factions forums, the biggest complaint I got was that it was too long and sometimes confusing because of the information overload.
    So I decided less is more.

I went in depth for the 1v1 section. I was hoping that knowing the basics for 1v1 pvp would be a good base for group/TW pvp.

But if you have anything to add to any section feel free to say so b:cute
    edited August 2011
    I like this guide, very useful. I'd like to add some things tho:

1. You said Adriot not Adroit b:surrender
    2. In Delta, i see it more useful if you use BIDS on the HF, and then DB, and if you take the aggro, you shouldn't wait for the barb to take it back, cause you will take it back with the first skill you use afterwards.The best way i see it is using Will of the Pheonix like hell + Hailstorm and run around in circles.

The rest is ok. Good job!

Stick this ^_^

thanks for the praise b:thanks

And wewps, didn't mean to mispell Adroit's name, I was just tired and overlooked it b:shocked

And I'll try to appropriate what you said for delta for the guide. Using WoP "like hell" and "run around in circles" aren't good guide lingo imo b:chuckle
    edited August 2011
    Adjusted the guide according to both of your critiquesb:pleased
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I liked it but you forgot heavy armor build. I am heavy armor long time emberstorm 1 shot assassins. Genie is best with tree of protection to live and for emberstorm it makes big damage. Full nv and I sometimes carry gx's for pesky wizards.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited August 2011
    I liked it but you forgot heavy armor build.

No I didn't o.O
    And if you're an HA wiz then you need to start uninstalling.

See? b:cute
    edited August 2011
    No I didn't o.O

See? b:cute

The damage log in my sig is from emberstorm and my axes. I won't uninstall because you're jealous you cant 1 shot with emberstorm like I do. Heavry aromor is best wizard.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    you might wanna add a genie spark>sutra combo once you make them burn their genie. i often hit wizzies for 5digits with d.pyro undine/genie spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ====Territory War====

The Mindset

There are only 2 occasions that I can immediately think of that are worth endangering yourself over;

1) there's a cata barb that needs to be quickly killed. An undined sutra combo on a purged barb is going to hurt. With the additional DD of your fac mates, it will probably kill the barb. If the barb was HF'd for the sutra combo, then it is definitely dead.
    2) you see an extremely large mass of players standing next to eachother. Perhaps it's a couple attack squads regrouping, maybe it's a bunch of players standing around a respawn pillar. Either way, if you see 15-20 people all standing on top of eachother, then it is definitely worth sacrificing yourself to hit them. Pop a insta-cast apoth, holy path into range, and fire off a BIDS or BT. You'll die seconds later, but your one life was definitely worth the dozen or so people you may have just killed.

i wish i was one of those wizards who seem to never die, but there are a few things that make it impossible
    -either squad orders ("assist on xy", "move in base" = dead a few sec later)
    -getting killed by 2 certain r9+12 archers who would ignore any other target when they see me and send me smiley faces pms
    -loosing track of my squad trying to aoe something - kiting back to it to find only more enemies xd
    -#1 reason: leeroy jenkins on Ironguard - aka suicide bomber wizard

you might wanna add a genie spark>sutra combo once you make them burn their genie. i often hit wizzies for 5digits with d.pyro undine/genie spark.

i found this to be the only way to kill full +10 rank9 casters with rank8 weapon alone

before i got spark i couldnt bypass charms of certain people xd
    not with demon spark, not with sutra undine alone
    /rage -die

btw nice guide :o
    i like potato
    edited August 2011

Tbh I thought that was something they should learn in the genie guide. I didn't feel like going through the trouble of explaining what their sutra combos should be because I feel like you should know that by the time your end game.

If you want to type something up real quickly for me to add then be my guests, but I'm about to go to sleep lol
    edited August 2011
    lol trying to tell someone when to use spark is really hard.

whiel fighitng other casters make sure to make them burn control skills and AD or you might get stunned/slept/sealed.

Most of the time you can get away with a sleep>fake bt to force an AD. that or you have to fight htem for a bit and watch for genie use. using your sleep is always a good way to get ppl to AD, but be careful of the 2 minute cooldown and be confident you can kill them or kite them til it cools down. after you know they cant AD you can try undine>seal>sutra(on hotkey),genie spark clicked(almost hte same time)>d.pyro>pyro>wotp>d.pyro>pyro

i find if i have full chi and im feeling lucky i'll jsut undine>seal>sutra/spark>d.pyro>pyro>bt>gg

not a guarantee'd success, but it works for me about 80% of the time.

*Note*Be careful against psychics if htey ahve soul of retaliation(i think thats what i mean)on

sorry for the cluttered post, its late here lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    lol trying to tell someone when to use spark is really hard.

Which is why I didn't include it in my post lol. I personally think using spark correctly is a bit advanced, and I was just trying to cover basics here.

Of course if the individual wiz is willing to do some extra reading, they'll quickly see multiple discussions on how to correctly use it, whether from your posts or from the genie discussion. Plus they can just practice in open pk with it until they learn how to best use it b:pleased
    edited August 2011
    i guess your right, killer guide man. hope it gets stickied
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    thanks b:thanks
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Nice guide. Maybe add for Mystics that Natures Vengeance + Absorb Soul (physical) can do considerable damage to AA.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
    edited August 2011
    Fine i'll just reroll bm them ><
    I do actually really love your guide dakill =]
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    edited August 2011
    Nice guide. Maybe add for Mystics that Natures Vengeance + Absorb Soul (physical) can do considerable damage to AA.
    Noted. Thanks for the info and praise b:thanks
    Fine i'll just reroll bm them ><
    I do actually really love your guide dakill =]

AA bm right?
    And thank you b:thanks
    edited August 2011
    Updated mystic section- thanks to Minimus_ b:thanks

also added a bit to the TW section b:pleased
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Looks legit to me, and after reviewing the other posts and seeing how everyone is working to make these new guides as helpful as possible - Sticking this!
    edited August 2011
    Thanks b:thanksb:laugh
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Cool, we have a guide for noobies and an advanced guide stickied. Here's my post for this guide.

I like to FOW into trip sparks.

Another decent move after hooking a sin on stealth attk: pyro>gush>FOW>BIDS and if sin still alive blink out and fortify at the same time>WOP. Sins sometimes auto attk into the fire with whatever HP they have left, thinking they have u. So, for me sage WOP is better cause its a fast caster.

As to blink, i disagree that demon is better because i like my blink shorter so that i won't blink out of range of my sleep skill. If u blink away 30m or more from your opponent, then you're outta range to instantly sleep him/her. Except in TW perhaps, i cannot assume a blink will evade a melee attk..specially the sin attk. So for me, sage blink better for the chi. (As a matter of fact, i keep my blink at lvl9 so i know im in range...so the sage v demon issue is more or less moot to me)

The sin stealth attk hook: I never see em or hear em, so I fish for em by auto jumping as randomly as possible. They need to capture u with your feet on the ground. If they do..u prolly dead (specially to r9). But they can't always time their attk so perfectly, even with a caster trying to stun/sleep u on the ground to assist. Also, u can see a near miss. You won't see the sin, but the enviroment briefly changes when a sin narrowly misses the bait. So, sometimes they capture u in the air. This is when they get hooked. At this point u have time to react. I use domain when frozen in the air (which also protects against a magic gank and can shield nearby squad members). Then a 6 sec immun when i land. Now u can get up into the sin in a fair fight with quick shots and control skills. Also, this works quite well in group pvp cause your team can see u light up with domain in the air and they can react to kill the sin.

kk now i hope some of u great advanced wizards will contribute some of your moves. And, don't just tell us 'get r9'. Wesalredy kno dat.
    edited August 2011
    @pearl your tactics against sins would be useful if the sin is brain dead. for all those sins that arent

immobilized in air>you AD>eventually hit the ground and immunity pot>sins see an invincible wiz>stealths>comes back while AD and apoths are on cooldown>gg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    @pearl your tactics against sins would be useful if the sin is brain dead. for all those sins that arent

immobilized in air>you AD>eventually hit the ground and immunity pot>sins see an invincible wiz>stealths>comes back while AD and apoths are on cooldown>gg

well it gives some measure of control specially in group pvp

anything is better than standing around waiting to die to a brain dead sin

(qq edited out) :)
    edited August 2011
    Too many holes in your strategy Pearl. If that works for you, great.

That strategy will only work 25% of the time, because if they have tidal protection on then FoW and sleep probably won't even affect the sin. And triple sparking in pk is a bad idea unless you're using it to buy time for a charm tick and/or want the resistances sage triple add.
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Too many holes in your strategy Pearl. If that works for you, great.

That strategy will only work 25% of the time, because if they have tidal protection on then FoW and sleep probably won't even affect the sin. And triple sparking in pk is a bad idea unless you're using it to buy time for a charm tick and/or want the resistances sage triple add.

Hey bro, great guide started here. TY We needed a new one. Please read my post carefully before offering your critique.

In fact it does work for me. My experience is all i can offer. I don't go for theory. And I never triple spark in pk. You misread that. I said I like to FOW into somebody else's triple spark.

lol

anyway I'm glad we got a decent guide besides that ol outdated ****

Good luck with your guide. :)

peace out
    edited August 2011
    Thanks b:cute

And you're right I misunderstood that triple spark comment lol.
    But I still don't entirely agree with it. But that's the beauty of this guide: anyone can offer their insight, that anybody that's willing to go through some pages will see, and they can decide for themselves if it has merit.

Strategy's for beating classes aren't something I'll add to the original post. But what you're doing is great for the overall guide, in that you're offering your insight.