The most "screwed over" class in PWI.

13»

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    What Kuru said. I've seen Blademasters and Assassins rushing in, not counting mobs, run right to the boss and get 1 shot b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Aeyris - Sanctuary
    Aeyris - Sanctuary Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The one thing I love about the veno class is its flexibility. Personally I'm a vit/mag veno with 109 vitality, 330 magic, 19 dex, 62 strength. Pure mag sure does hit hard though, but I like the durability hp-wise of vit/mag.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The one thing I love about the veno class is its flexibility.

Yep. Venos are just constantly fun to play with so many skills to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Fire_ - Raging Tide
    Fire_ - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    People keep saying "A good ___ would chose a veno in a squad over more APS DDs cause of amp"
    Quick note:
    There isn't many GOOD squads out there. As a 91 sage Herc Veno I get kicked out of squads. Why? Because they'd rather have a real DD. Only place I don't have a problem with finding people to take me? TT. Because I can solo it.
    Now that would be okay with me.
    Except not only can we not get into squads. Now we also can't PVP cause of the effing Bramble Nerf. WTH? People say we're OP? We spend **** loads so we stand a chance against other classes. Every class out DDs us (except maybe barbs). APS have only helped that. And what did they do? They killed our only decent def against APS: Bramble. And they didn't just kill hood either. WTH?!
    We get our only decent PVP skill taken off us because APS cash shopping noobs can't stand to learn how to use their class. WTH?
    b:angryb:angryb:angry
    "It's not about dying for your guild, its about making the other **** die for his" - "If you play with Fire, you're gunna get Burnt" - "I will not bow, I will not break, I'll shut the world away, I will not fall, I will not fake, I'll take your breath away" - "There's a fine line between Love & hate" - "Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down, Never gonna run around and desert you, Never gonna make you cry, Never gonna say goodbye, Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you" -Rick Rolled. b:chuckleb:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In my opinion venos have not been nerfed at all, they simply made classes that are more powerful.

Venos are now some kind of support in all aspects of the game and anyone who is a veno will have to work hard to prove it. Yeah that veno just uses scarabs on bosses in pve will not make a good impression about venos.

In pvp a veno will always be a great aid. Since everyone hates debuff, most of the time people, specially sins, will go 1st for them. If you just survive to whatever they try to do to you you are doing great then because you are distracting adversaries while your mates are actually killing the opposite team. With good gear venos can still kill. Perhaps it won't be anything close to a psy or mage's damage, but a crit may be enough. Also remember, a very timed Parasitic Nova can change the tide of a fight. I have saved my mates many times with that wonderful attack.

What I find a bit ironic about venos though is that in the beginning they were a great solo class, and still can be, but it is way better to team up nowdays.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    People keep saying "A good ___ would chose a veno in a squad over more APS DDs cause of amp"
    Quick note:
    There isn't many GOOD squads out there. As a 91 sage Herc Veno I get kicked out of squads. Why? Because they'd rather have a real DD. Only place I don't have a problem with finding people to take me? TT. Because I can solo it.
    Now that would be okay with me.
    Except not only can we not get into squads. Now we also can't PVP cause of the effing Bramble Nerf. WTH? People say we're OP? We spend **** loads so we stand a chance against other classes. Every class out DDs us (except maybe barbs). APS have only helped that. And what did they do? They killed our only decent def against APS: Bramble. And they didn't just kill hood either. WTH?!
    We get our only decent PVP skill taken off us because APS cash shopping noobs can't stand to learn how to use their class. WTH?
    b:angryb:angryb:angry

Eh? I watched a 95+ sin suicide on a bramble when the veno threw it on her cleric friend to protect her. <_< It did not look nerfed to me. Perhaps you just need more pdef? =P

Although I do admit, hood doesn't work as it should in pvp, bramble usually does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Kurushimii - Sanctuary
    Kurushimii - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Eh? I watched a 95+ sin suicide on a bramble when the veno threw it on her cleric friend to protect her. <_< It did not look nerfed to me. Perhaps you just need more pdef? =P

Although I do admit, hood doesn't work as it should in pvp, bramble usually does.

Bramble doesnt work in pk... you were probably in instance with pk enable . Bramble works in cube/DT/COA/TW . If you turn white and go out of sz, bramble wont work . Dont expect sin to suicide on bramble if you're running over the world map .
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Quick note:
    There isn't many GOOD squads out there. As a 91 sage Herc Veno I get kicked out of squads. Why? Because they'd rather have a real DD.

Most venos only do a small part of what they could do. Are you pure mag, have a decent weapon, cast Ironwood, Nova, and Noxious when appropriate, not using a pet just cause it's cute but for functionality? Emphasis is put on amp because it requires the most effort out of lazy venos, but there are many other factors you could be kicked for.
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    whenever i open nirvy i amp and ironwood first boss to show em we can be useful b:victory
    and my veno is 3.33 aps with decidesb:laugh
    Fistomancer FTW
    i have same mag as any LA so i can wear my lvl mag weap too :D
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Yea, I personally find it hard to get into a squad sometimes because I guess people prefer the APS DDs over venos :[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    They prefer APS DDs over everything actually XD
  • Talihina - Raging Tide
    Talihina - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I rerolled a veno so that I could get into squads. And so far I have not disappointed myself. Nirvana, TT, anything that requires amp compliments the APS craze. In fact, as far as I have experienced, with this APS nonsense venos have become much more useful than other caster classes for their debuffs.

As for PVP, I think the nix's bleed is still very OP. It's all dependant on the caster themselves, and how well they utilize their pet skill combos.b:thanks

While the reflect on bramble hood is nerfed, the 75% damage reduction is not, AFAIK, and has saved my *** a few times. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011
    I rerolled a veno so that I could get into squads. And so far I have not disappointed myself. Nirvana, TT, anything that requires amp compliments the APS craze. In fact, as far as I have experienced, with this APS nonsense venos have become much more useful than other caster classes for their debuffs.

You're just much more sexier than I'll ever be QQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've always loved good venos in squads and always always will. Amp, degen, ironwood, aoe seal, fox rainbow whats not to love.

Edit* Omg chi passing, another lovely perk lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Majuku - Dreamweaver
    Majuku - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    After leveling my main to endgame and getting her good gear enough to survive aps, I wanted a new class to play. I tried EVERY other class, but in the end chose to stick it out with Venos.

Why? They have so much flexibility. Not only as to what direction (as AA, HA, LA) you can go but the amount of ways you can build them and assist a squad either in an instance or in PvP (TW). Not to mention creating a entire pet to assist you. And a genie.

Venomancers, next to my wizard, is pretty fun to play. Because you can create an entirely different game play for yourself. Don't really care if it gets nurfed or is taken over by another class. Because fact is, Venomancers have a LOT to offer.

And once I get demon summer sprint, b:dirty
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yea, I personally find it hard to get into a squad sometimes because I guess people prefer the APS DDs over venos :[

No. At least not for me. And not for some of my veno friends.

There is an overlooked problem that seems to be only noticed by a few: Everyone and their mama, dead ancestors and very distant reptilian dinosaur relative from the jurassic period, have a venomancer. Because there is so many, it is hard to get in squads because most of the time there is already one in it, or atleast 2. Hell I've been in numerous ALL veno squads. The only class that I've had that with.

Assassins, if not now, will face this exact same problem.

This is mainly why I quit playing on my veno. I can never get into FCC with her.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yes, our regular dmg isnt great.

But there are ways to improve it. Amp + Genies extreme poison + Demon Venom Scarab for example.

Make a Dex/Vit Genie and u r able to spam extreme poison lvl 10 as it pleases u.

Using magdef debuff on pet is also an option.

Get your demon skills.(I only played demon yet) It will raise your ability to survive a lot.
    dem summer sprint + feral con= veno godmode -> see the fear in ur enemis eyes b:pleased

while invincible: spark + extreme poison= watch (most) enemies die or get your *** out of danger if u cant take your enemy out
  • cach
    cach Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just got told by a lv 95 veno friend to make a mystic instead, which really saddens me. I kinda refuse to jump on the new class bandwagon; no offense, it's just not my style, and if I don't play veno, I'll probably go back to my cleric. But tell me, pw is full of must-party situations as you level; I've never gotten close to end-game, is it worth it to make a veno? Or will I end up stuck, party-less, and grinding my way up? Any insight on this from those who've been there? b:sweat
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    cach wrote: »
    I just got told by a lv 95 veno friend to make a mystic instead, which really saddens me. I kinda refuse to jump on the new class bandwagon; no offense, it's just not my style, and if I don't play veno, I'll probably go back to my cleric. But tell me, pw is full of must-party situations as you level; I've never gotten close to end-game, is it worth it to make a veno? Or will I end up stuck, party-less, and grinding my way up? Any insight on this from those who've been there? b:sweat

tbh,

i had no problems with lvling till the high 80s. When i reached lvl 85-87 i suddenly got kicked outta fc squads cause im a veno. ppl prefered sins or another aoe dd.
    This happened again and again and made me really sad.
    I tried to get fc squads for hours without luck. I lvld really slow, but sometimes i got nice random squads where i was able to show that a veno isnt useles even there are fishes theese days. I dealt nice dmg (amp+ extr. poison first), amped, passed chi, i simply did my job and it worked very nice and i was more and more welcome in squads.
    In the mid 90s there wasnt any problem to be invited in squads.

When hitting 100 i wanted to do nirvana and there wasnt a problem to find squads.

If u should start a veno or not, i cant give any advice. It depends on what u wanna do later in game, which server u choose (pvp, pve, ppl there)tw?, and your playstyle ofc.

For me: Im veno from the first hour i play pw. I love it and will never quit my veno.
    But i wouldnt start a veno again.

One thing for sure: I will never roll a sin.

Stealth and auto attack is for cowards and little kids who want to feel "pro" There are only a few sins who are man enough to fight you unstealthed.

For the future: Things will not last like they are now imao. I have a feeling venos will become more important again some day.

Maybe im wrong, but high op r9 fishes wont be op forever, like they are now.

Venos time comes back maybe, dreaming....b:victory
  • cach
    cach Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    (@Morigan) Haha, thanks! I think I'm going to roll a veno any way. I really love playing one and I do have a couple of 90-100 friends who already said they were willing to help me when I get up there, which is nice. Veno is the reason I first downloaded pw (what can I say, in love with running around town as a fox), and I should at least level one ^.^ My two favorite classes are cleric and veno so I'll just level those two and be happy (I figure if I get stuck on one I can work on the other and go back and forth). I'm very much a pve person, so getting squads is about the only big thing for me. I will just keep reading up on venos and their roles and what skills to cast when, and maybe people will squad me! :) I was thinking that last night, the game has changed a lot, and whose to say that there won't be some upgrades and venos will come back as a "preferred" class one day! (Have at it PWE!)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is a catch 22 with venos. A veno is most effective in a squad that already has good DD. If a squad already has very good DD a veno is not required.

A veno can make an already fast squad faster but they can't make a slow squad fast.

That's assuming the veno knows how to amp or soul degen, a lot of venos these days forget they have a fox form. An APS DD is idiot proof, a veno is not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2011
    An APS DD is idiot proof, a veno is not.

Very true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    An APS DD is idiot proof, a veno is not.

So true...

And meh, I'm doing my own thing. I got a cleric, a decent aps bm.. but... my Veno is the one my heart belongs to. I just love the class with all its quirks. Hopping between fox and human form to amp or debuff... using pet wisely.. everything.

Sure, compared to aps DDs venos aren't that useful. But hell, they're way more fun to play :) My foxy <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    So true...

And meh, I'm doing my own thing. I got a cleric, a decent aps bm.. but... my Veno is the one my heart belongs to. I just love the class with all its quirks. Hopping between fox and human form to amp or debuff... using pet wisely.. everything.

Sure, compared to aps DDs venos aren't that useful. But hell, they're way more fun to play :) My foxy <3
    Exactly! I absolutely love the class, I love playing as Venomancer. I'm still as excited playing her as I was when I first started. I have put a lot of effort and love into her, much more than my other characters.
  • Nyxyo - Harshlands
    Nyxyo - Harshlands Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    a pro veno will always find something to eat..is just so damn good in pve...tw wise i think was left out ...i strongly feel a better pet then nyx was supposed to come with the rank set...nyx is simply outdated...any rank 9 just 1 hit nyx and that was supposed to be half(or more) of veno powerb:surrender
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Not that I care about classes being overpowered but it's getting realy enoying in PvE when you try to get into squads and are told they took a Sin in your place... They always prefer APS and Sins these days... Do know that not only veno's have this problem though... I heard that classes like wizzards, psychics and even Archers are dealing with this too... Ppl want to rush things over... So they get the biggest DD's available... BM's and Sins with 4.0+ APS... Oh and a cleric for healing in most cases...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Oh and a cleric for healing in most cases...b:surrender
    Not even that, as long as they have bloodpaint XD
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Perfect world is the play ground of assassin and aps. b:victory
    We going to become minority, and our number reduced with each passing days... b:sad
    In the end we become history. b:pleased

(applied to other race and non aps class, that can't support / mass aoe)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Nine_Lives - Raging Tide
    Nine_Lives - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Perfect world is the play ground of assassin and aps. b:victory
    We going to become minority, and our number reduced with each passing days... b:sad
    In the end we become history. b:pleased

(applied to other race and non aps class, that can't support / mass aoe)

maybe we will become a minority and that will be good for they will seek us more.

I saw a slew of some of the major TW facs in my server closing their doors to new sins or restricting their levels for their application. Too many sins spoil the broth for them.

NO APS SIN CAN PURGE A CATABARB.

NO APS SIN CAN PASS A SPARK IF NEEDED TO A FELLOW PLAYER

NO APS SIN CAN BRAMBLE A FELLOW PLAYER TO SAVE THAT PLAYERS LIFE

even in my small fac if a hi level sin goes we don't bat an eye cause we know another one is always in the corner. But if a high -level caster goes we try to get him back as much as we can...

This is the price you pay for having too many of those fishies
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is some truth in that too. There's only so much an APS Assasin/Blademaster can do. All of the classes are useful in their own way.

My faction is also stopped accepting Assassins. At some point people will get tired and might return to all classes, who knows :P

EDIT: I'm Desdi from above btw XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★