Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver
    CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    You're absolutely right. It's not like they cheated their way through medical or law school and are scourging society with the results of their laziness or anything. (Although, in my experience, people with the propensity to cheat will do so in most aspects of their lives.) And it's not like cheating in TW, which alters game economics for everyone, or even (allowed) noob powerleveling that creates a mass of unskilled players at high levels.

My annoyance is mainly with the arrogance of people who buy their way up and then flaunt it. Or, in this case, cheat and exploit a game coding error, then tell other people to hush up, and suggest they're either too poor or too stupid to cheat as well. I, among others, simply enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from leveling the honest way, and I recognize that may be hard to understand for those who think leveling faster is more important than enjoying the journey.

I completely agree with this. I quit playing PW on my main and only do MQ now. For fun my in-game husband and I make new characters and level them up together until we get tired of them and in most cases the beginner areas are completely empty. We are playing pretty much alone, because all the noobs are in FC getting power leveled (and later have no idea how to play their toons). It's really sad. Why are they playing a game they apparently don't really want to play?

(Of course, I play Lotro and EQ2 as well, because you CAN do regular quests in EQ2 to get to cap. I'm a lvl 90 Fury in there.)
  • American - Raging Tide
    American - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I sent in a ticket about it. I told them step by step instructions on how the glitch works. I gave them lots of information on it. It seems by their response that they didn't know much about it at the time. I believe my account was banned though, because I admitted to participating in it for a couple hours. They are working on a solution currently.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I sent in a ticket about it. I told them step by step instructions on how the glitch works. I gave them lots of information on it. It seems by their response that they didn't know much about it at the time. I believe my account was banned though, because I admitted to participating in it for a couple hours. They are working on a solution currently.
    They are lying. They knew about the glitch. Because this is at least third thread about it. I'm not surprise about their lies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They are lying. They knew about the glitch. Because this is at least third thread about it. I'm not surprise about their lies.

They probably aren't lying, there is a lot more then 1 person that handles all the tickets, and who never does anything with the forums. They have many people handling all sorts of stuff so that particular person probably doesn't know that handled the ticket.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    bumping this 4fun.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Honestly, you will probably get a ban for using this glitch, but in all honesty who cares? You do a month's worth of FC in one session, then get banned for 1 week, maybe? seems pretty advantageous to take that trade.

Edit: also, w/ the amount of exp you can obtain from this, you can easily power a good high lvl genie which can sell for 4-5 mil...Those people who wasted all that exp getting to 105 could have sold genies and made 100 m + in profit...which buys you stuff WAY more useful than 3 levels worth of stat points. Sadly most players are lvl'ers not merchants... >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Has anyone confirmed banning for this?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Sadly most players are lvl'ers not merchants... >.>

This is a good thing for us, Burnout :D
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Don't expect anyone to come explain the glitch in full detail on these forums and NOT get banned for it. Google is your best friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Lucy_Black - Dreamweaver
    Lucy_Black - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    let me put it this way: I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU. I don't give a **** what level you are

period.

I stick around FC and I'm constantly looking at who's around, you leveled out of nowhere.

I smell a nerd rage! Lol

You dont have to be outside FC to get into it. Just us the illusion stones inside Archo. After your done with the run use a tele stone to which ever city you choose.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    let me put it this way: I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU.
    I stick around FC and I'm constantly looking at who's around, you leveled out of nowhere.

You realize he's a 105 sin? Good luck seeing him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • J_Balt - Heavens Tear
    J_Balt - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wanna see how many dragoons I can take on b:cry

Tbh Idc if ppl use this glitch. After seeing one of the pictures posted, it looks more fun than anything in this game atm. So really, I dont blame ppl for doing it. Either for the exp, or the fun.

If they can do it, go for it. Not like it's gonna make a huge difference anyway's b:bye
  • SeeMonkey - Sanctuary
    SeeMonkey - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I tested before I leveled to 103 on my own 102 cleric. Going up a level above someone is like equiping a DOD and a DOT, 5 extra stat points and some extra HP and MP.

Sure its only 1% extra damage or 1% less damage but it all adds up. Im sure at 105 Im gonna notice the difference.

Also leveling is extra nice for non AA's as the HP boost soon stacks up, with buffs etc.

I was gonna get 104 before this glitch in a couple months, now I guess if I'm lucky I can speed that up a bit.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bump.
    So What's new? They still working on it?b:chuckleb:chuckle
    How long it take. 1/2 year or 1year or never be fixed?
    GM productivity of this game is just TERRIBLE. I know what I can expect from people whose just RENTING the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Bump.
    So What's new? They still working on it?b:chuckleb:chuckle
    How long it take. 1/2 year or 1year or never be fixed?
    GM productivity of this game is just TERRIBLE. I know what I can expect from people whose just RENTING the game.

This glitch has been here for a while, so far as I've been told, it became more popular lately.

You realize the game is RENTED, yet you still come here QQing & demanding actions...

I'm sure they have reported this to the devs; nevertheless, unless I'm mistaken, on the CN version FCC is not used for lvling, so the dragoon glitch would not be an issue there... So nothing much for the devs to fix... & since most patches come from CN while our GMs mainly just put up sales & "pretest" (._. or so they claim & to what extent, as can be seen by a lot of mess ups).

I doubt they will fix this soon.

As for this being bannable: the only way for them to find our is if the users themselves self reported, or the GMS having to stalk around 24/7 the ppl you don't like & claim lvl too fast & you have not seen them around FCC much...
    /facepalm
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As for this being bannable: the only way for them to find our is if the users themselves self reported, or the GMS having to stalk around 24/7 the ppl you don't like & claim lvl too fast & you have not seen them around FCC much...
    /facepalm
    If they would just FIX the damn glitches when they first get noticed, no one would need to get banned. It's like your mum setting out a hot plate of cookies and saying "don't touch those or else you'll get grounded". Like they sit there and tempt you with the **** and then yell at you for doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    If they would just FIX the damn glitches when they first get noticed, no one would need to get banned. It's like your mum setting out a hot plate of cookies and saying "don't touch those or else you'll get grounded". Like they sit there and tempt you with the **** and then yell at you for doing it.

I have just explained why this might not get fixed any time soon, besides the usual "GMs don't do ****" or "They don't care!!" posts.

Personaly, I don't care if someone uses this or gets to 105 & I don't.
  • FuriousRico - Harshlands
    FuriousRico - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    For all of you QQ'ing about the fc glitch just let me tell you it's NOT A BIG DEAL, there's worse sh.it to work on then that, i did the glitch myself and it's 1st not that hard to do(go do it yourself and stop QQing, if you dont know HOW to do it and thats why your QQ'ing get informed), 2nd just another expensive way of lvling and its actually better for those that cant afford playing the game 24/7 and do 10 fcs a day(20 if really no lifers) , 3rd most of the times the glitch itself will bug and fail, party whipes will happen and the exp aint that good if not done right, its nothing that breaks the game in anyway since its not like u get 50% everytime you do it at 10x.............
    edited June 2011
    Yes it does need to be fix , but i don't understand why your saying it will break the game and get people to lvl 105 Oo because people that did 10-20 fcs per day we're just lvling as fast as the people doing the glitch
    edited June 2011
    Oh god while i keep reading it get worse, for those of you that think they spawn like 80(do you think anyone can tank 80 dragons?-.-'') you fail, 40+ you fail, 30 +- your right in the spot(if the glitch itself doesnt bug) even after that the ridiculous amount of stun locking +mobs hiting who ever is tanking aint certainly for lvl 90- if not 99- even then its not like doing the pull before the last fc boss, it takes timmings and good team work(skill test imo), here sins suck so yeah its way more fair for the other classes, sins can just go solo fcs and get the same exp. And saying you can get 100-105 in weeks is just .... no words for it( dont want to get deleted), do you know the ridiculous amount of exp you need after 100? imo this just balances the lvling up sistem, before only sins could get that exp in solo now you can get it by glitching where sins aint needed at all so yeah... go QQ at something that actually needs fixing and not this.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The thing people need to realize...is that in the CN version, FCC is not somewhere you can use hypers at, so the glitch doesn't matter except for giggles. If Devs come up with a fix, it would just be something for this version. You all saw how long it took for them to come up with a PWI-only DQreward system. This is why it'll take a long time to fix as well.

Or would you rather that hypers not be usable in FCC here as well?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited June 2011
    ummidunno wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/FmQgs.png
    This is around the limit before your computer crashes, about 500. Good luck killing that when you're getting 0.5 FPS. Far more challenging than delta.

Yeah...... Because anyone would survive that, the glitch itself is like 5% of this mobs, this SS is fake and gayb:bye
    And people saying that the players who use this glitch should be banned/roleback(just wtf do you even know how much work it would mean to the devs) where does it say we can't do it? even with the gms response they never said its bannable in anyways. And where did you think ppl learned this from?(Apart from random ppl sometimes doing it) from the Chinese pw version and if im correct pwi answer to pw chin so if they havent done anything in china why would they do here?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Seen an alt get to level 100 in 3 hyper sessions....seriously b:laughb:avoid

Oh and to lure a **** ton of mobs...well...there is a way to do it....1.5-2% a pull with all lvl
    100-102's (exp is cut by 50% once a level 103+ is put into a squad) b:shutup

At the comment above me...Comp's have crashed with that many and I have seen it done with that many before (but scary as hell LOLOL), like I said, not that difficult to spawn a HUGE amount BUT you better have the puller be 100% intelligent and geared and a squad that can kill in 1-2 hits.

I am 50/50 on this entire dragon issue in FCC :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Yeah...... Because anyone would survive that, the glitch itself is like 5% of this mobs, this SS is fake and gayb:bye

There is a fair amount of ppl=squad who can handle 100 or so, quit failing so much.
    ._. I'm sure Bugomours just invoke + apo + arma = 1 shoots them all without even his charm tick.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    lols Rico doesn't know how it's done. b:shutup
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lols Rico doesn't know how it's done. b:shutup

^ Exactly that b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    And people saying that the players who use this glitch should be banned/roleback(just wtf do you even know how much work it would mean to the devs) where does it say we can't do it? even with the gms response they never said its bannable in anyways. And where did you think ppl learned this from?(Apart from random ppl sometimes doing it) from the Chinese pw version and if im correct pwi answer to pw chin so if they havent done anything in china why would they do here?

The amount of mobs is all in the timing and the skills you use. Ive known poeples clients crash and log them out.
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    omg FuriousRico you think that a barb can only hold on to 30 goonz lol besides the fact with a zhen squad the mobs wouldnt last long not as if they going to take 5 mins to kill.
    i can easy handle the last 15 goonz after heads on my own now u have a barb with more phy defence a psy and bm them goonz no matter how many there is are not going to last long at all so you could handle as many as you want to try.
    People could say that it was unfair the change from hypers having no pause limit then pwi changing it to 10 pauses but this was an item pwi made and just changed its use now this glitch was no intended for people to spawn goonz and hyper for 1hr and get from lvl 100 to 104 in no time at all, theres a difference.
    P.S to Psytrac the reason u never seen me near fc is because i was 105 in feb this year before you even started the game
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    I think PWI need to just embrace this glitch. It sells charms, hypers, and quickly leveled characters need their new rank stuff.

Or they should just remove hypers. Saves the trouble for everyone.
    edited June 2011
    Im not saying a barb could only hold 30 mobs but 500 is impossible to glitch and unless everyone was OP with pots charm etc i doubt anyone -90 would be able to kill 40+, and besides to get so many mobs you'd need to glitch it multiple times, and the people that can actually get that amount of mobs dont really need to lvl up anymore.