Let's talk FC glitch (read first)

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They fixed Expel and Holy Path among other things players complained about. Expect this to be fixed soon.
    No they didn't do that. The dev. did. And I doubt it was our suggestion. I think they complain in china long time before us. So they would fixed it anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    nimh88 wrote: »
    PWI Wants you to level fast!!

That's why hyper stones can be exchanged with tokens!!

That's why hyper stones can be used in FC!!

Neither of these is true on the chinese servers!

I'm just going to re-quote this.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ty aubree and traz and yeah aubree your right first toon on dw was my veno lecutus and i did quit for 8 months due to i was 101 and there wasnt that many hi levels to do bh 100 with so even b4 fc i was leveling faster than most coz i did delta up the kazoo and grind mobs like a **** sin fc was just an easyer way to get 101 again and like someone said 103 exp drops due to level range so i still had to fc like a **** to get 105 becuase that was my goal to be first 105 o DW.
    and cant be assed to look at the 85 name and type it thats played like 6 weeks ive been here since start people like me or dont know me or dont 99% of the people ive seen on DW are nice people peace out
  • Mustang_Roy - Archosaur
    Mustang_Roy - Archosaur Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Before they warn you not to do it, there should be no punishment :DD. Later they might say it is bannable offense to do it etcetc, but if no one reports, and not like your party will report you (by reporting themselves), unless there is a hidden GM within, or that you are bragging to people about doing it. Unfortunately, i think eventually china devs will fix it if it becomes a problem for them too i suppose.

I just hope they keep it that way when I start playing again....
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ty aubree and traz and yeah aubree your right first toon on dw was my veno lecutus and i did quit for 8 months due to i was 101 and there wasnt that many hi levels to do bh 100 with so even b4 fc i was leveling faster than most coz i did delta up the kazoo and grind mobs like a **** sin fc was just an easyer way to get 101 again and like someone said 103 exp drops due to level range so i still had to fc like a **** to get 105 becuase that was my goal to be first 105 o DW.
    and cant be assed to look at the 85 name and type it thats played like 6 weeks ive been here since start people like me or dont know me or dont 99% of the people ive seen on DW are nice people peace out

It's to bad that a few people have gotten to 105 using this glitch though, but in the end nothing you can really do about it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • jaxaether
    jaxaether Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    And if you have enough self confidence to play without cheating, that's great. My post was directed to people complaining about this glitch. Have you been complaining? I haven't seen any other posts from you in this thread. If you have been complaining... why do you care in the first place? Why does it matter to you how someone else chooses to level, when leveling in this game means nothing?

You're absolutely right. It's not like they cheated their way through medical or law school and are scourging society with the results of their laziness or anything. (Although, in my experience, people with the propensity to cheat will do so in most aspects of their lives.) And it's not like cheating in TW, which alters game economics for everyone, or even (allowed) noob powerleveling that creates a mass of unskilled players at high levels.

My annoyance is mainly with the arrogance of people who buy their way up and then flaunt it. Or, in this case, cheat and exploit a game coding error, then tell other people to hush up, and suggest they're either too poor or too stupid to cheat as well. I, among others, simply enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from leveling the honest way, and I recognize that may be hard to understand for those who think leveling faster is more important than enjoying the journey.

I also understand that some otherwise skilled and honest players are "playing" the exploit because it does seem pretty challenging, and end-game challenges are pretty rare. It's not these folks I'm talking about.

In any case, imo people are righteously indignant about the lack of action on PWE's part to resolve this. They have every right to complain. And for those who choose to cheat, meh, w/e. But do you really think you should be equally indignant about your "right" to do so? 'Cause I sure don't, lol.

Anyway, peace out.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    jaxaether wrote: »
    My annoyance is mainly with the arrogance of people who buy their way up and then flaunt it. Or, in this case, cheat and exploit a game coding error, then tell other people to hush up, and suggest they're either too poor or too stupid to cheat as well. I, among others, simply enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from leveling the honest way, and I recognize that may be hard to understand for those who think leveling faster is more important than enjoying the journey.

The "honest way" that sins have been hitting 105 is to stealth past all the mobs in fcc and hyper the bosses. That doesn't really sound all that honorable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • jaxaether
    edited June 2011
    The "honest way" that sins have been hitting 105 is to stealth past all the mobs in fcc and hyper the bosses. That doesn't really sound all that honorable.

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. And my 102 cleric forgot to buy that stealth skill i guess. I sorta meant a different kind of honesty. b:chuckle
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011

That's how the skill was meant to be used, this is not how this boss was meant to be used. b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. And my 102 cleric forgot to buy that stealth skill i guess. I sorta meant a different kind of honesty. b:chuckle

Shure they do

Wrong + Wrong = Right

There you go Wrong and Right can be variables such as x and y so Let wrong be 1 and right be 2 (I mean do YOU know whats really wrong and right? Is there a set factor on morality now?)

So as long as Wrong = Right/2 it works!

Also, 105 = you can see moar sins, any nerf on that damn class is welcome by me, no really I hope they all fry to death in fishstick hell.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • jaxaether
    edited June 2011
    Shure they do

Wrong + Wrong = Right

There you go Wrong and Right can be variables such as x and y so Let wrong be 1 and right be 2 (I mean do YOU know whats really wrong and right? Is there a set factor on morality now?)

So as long as Wrong = Right/2 it works!

Also, 105 = you can see moar sins, any nerf on that damn class is welcome by me, no really I hope they all fry to death in fishstick hell.

Wellllll, since Wrong = 0 and Right > 0, and Right/0 implodes the universe, I'd have to respectfully disagree.

What makes me literally laugh out loud is when ppl cash shop and oracle and stealth hyper fcc and glitch their way to 105, and then complain that there's nothing to do, and no one to pk with. Talk about a perfect example of the law of consequences.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    That's how the skill was meant to be used, this is not how this boss was meant to be used. b:bye

I think that instance was designed before stealth mechanics were added to the game. The developers never accounted for stealth in the design of the encounters and it shows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It seems to me that there would be a lot less butt-hurtery going on if instead of deleting posts describing how to perform the glitch, someone would post detailed instructions and sticky the sucker.

Really, it's like a kid prancing around saying "Nyah nyah nyah! I know something you don't know!"

If everyone knows how to do it, no one has the right to cry about it. (Unless they're not skilled enough to do it themselves, but that's a whole different story).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Wellllll, since Wrong = 0 and Right > 0, and Right/0 implodes the universe, I'd have to respectfully disagree.

What makes me literally laugh out loud is when ppl cash shop and oracle and stealth hyper fcc and glitch their way to 105, and then complain that there's nothing to do, and no one to pk with. Talk about a perfect example of the law of consequences.

Well on our server pk died with rank 9 spam

Also that would just make the function > 0...

Also Wrong is variable damit, unless the holocaust where 11 million people died, the russian purges (another 20-30 stalin was an ***) countlesss murders petty theft etc all add up to 0...Fist of all you may be a sociopath because you just devalued the HELL out of human life, second yes I did only list the 2 most wll known atrocities and yes I am to lazy to post more. Untill morality is quantified the equation works!
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I think that instance was designed before stealth mechanics were added to the game. The developers never accounted for stealth in the design of the encounters and it shows.

It also never was designed for 5.0 mechanics so I guess anyone doing it solo bm/barb/sin etc isn't doing it honorably then?
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    It also never was designed for 5.0 mechanics so I guess anyone doing it solo bm/barb/sin etc isn't doing it honorably then?

*rounds up the big room, sparks and fists them one by one, dies*

Ya, no, this is one of the few instances where high solo target DPS is laughable if you cant pull and quickly aoe large groups. Ironicly something barbs are best suited for with BP.

The only reason you dont see a ton of 105 barbs is because only sins have a legit reason to hit 105.
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there are other things waiting to be repaired and...time is passing by
    - 1king during Rebirth
    - porting sins
    - trading non-tradeable items
    - some skills

and so on...

balance is distorted, only cash matters...

I would say -> serious company will maintain game and listen to plrs needs/ideas more often, not just focus on profit...

Longer fun....longer profit time...
    Seems like exploiting PWI till possible...
    Golden era already passed...
    Gear and level is no longer sign of skilled and experienced player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    *rounds up the big room, sparks and fists them one by one, dies*

Ya, no, this is one of the few instances where high solo target DPS is laughable if you cant pull and quickly aoe large groups. Ironicly something barbs are best suited for with BP.

The only reason you dont see a ton of 105 barbs is because only sins have a legit reason to hit 105.

my sin pulls the whole big room....even if i do half pulls i do it in about 1:15 seconds O.o
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    my sin pulls the whole big room....even if i do half pulls i do it in about 1:15 seconds O.o

Super special awesome gratz?

Point dosent change
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Super special awesome gratz?

Point dosent change

Your point is worthless, any of those classes can already aoe grind the mobs, the bosses are what takes the longest.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im sure your sin can do the entire big room pull...mine has no problem an I know you are equallly geared an skilled if not more so. Your barb is too. Fc is laughably to solo with any good geared seeker archer sin bm or barb, not sure bout others.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Im sure your sin can do the entire big room pull...mine has no problem an I know you are equallly geared an skilled if not more so. Your barb is too. Fc is laughably to solo with any good geared seeker archer sin bm or barb, not sure bout others.

My barb could solo grind all the pulls in there since level 95ish, the mobs are the easy part of doing the runs. With -int gear or without all the classes mentioned can still do the mobs, but that isn't the case for the bosses. Without the 5.0 mechanics of the game you don't have solo'ing any instance for that matter.

His point was either be able to solo all the mobs fast or you can't do solo FC. I completely disagree, either be able to tank and do the bosses efficiently (despite crushing the mobs) or you can't do solo FC. The only factor in my point of solo'ing FC is the 5.0 mechanics of the game which for the most part were not factored into that instance.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    there are other things waiting to be repaired and...time is passing by
    - 1king during Rebirth
    - porting sins
    - trading non-tradeable items
    - some skills

and so on...

balance is distorted, only cash matters...

I would say -> serious company will maintain game and listen to plrs needs/ideas more often, not just focus on profit...

This/The man tells it like it is especially the last two lines.

This is the story of PW "Milking the female dog and taken out into the back paddock and shot." or "Milking the biznitch for all its worth."

Frankieraye's story is also "Living the high life in San Francisco while the housing bubble bursts." as well

Oh and another one for Frankie : Your call is important to us...
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i solo'd fc 6hrs a day everyday for 8months to get my level not use a friggin glitch

Cool story bro
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Id like to thank this glitch for my new bm and barb. They are now getting keys for next 2x
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You know guys...the only thing to do if you wanna them to fix this glitch, is to post HERE how to glitch it.

So the problem will also go forum wide, for those who doesnt know how to do it.

At that point, they have to act since probably the majority of the ppl will try it.

I don't see you telling everyone how to do it.......

Not that it isn't exactly unobvious.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Someone post the question on yahoo answers and someone will answer eventually.

Voila, shared and PWE cant really do much about it. (I guess they ould get it taken down eventually..... But not bfore half the planet googled it b:chuckle)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Someone post the question on yahoo answers and someone will answer eventually.

Voila, shared and PWE cant really do much about it. (I guess they ould get it taken down eventually..... But not bfore half the planet googled it b:chuckle)

too late google it
    lol b:chuckle and no i didnt post that thread i just googled it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    too late google it

Lol epvp b:chuckle
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    too late google it

Google ftw. Time to level.