~Rare Pet Guide~

2»

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Hatchling is a 101 level tame in Morai, with a random 24-48 spawn time, spawning in one of 3 spawn points in Derjan's Rest. Comes with some common level 1 skills, bright point is high attack and 1 APS, making it the highest DPS land pet. More details in the wiki.

I haven't seen anything reliable on the old rare's spawn times since Descent, just people repeating what's in the old guides. I never have been a rare hunter, just have tamed a few that I happened across (mostly on Lothranis, where it seems there aren't many if any rare tamers) so haven't timed them myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Hatchling is a 101 level tame in Morai, with a random 24-48 spawn time, spawning in one of 3 spawn points in Derjan's Rest. Comes with some common level 1 skills, bright point is high attack and 1 APS, making it the highest DPS land pet. More details in the wiki.

I haven't seen anything reliable on the old rare's spawn times since Descent, just people repeating what's in the old guides. I never have been a rare hunter, just have tamed a few that I happened across (mostly on Lothranis, where it seems there aren't many if any rare tamers) so haven't timed them myself.

Thanks for the information, I'll update that somewhen this week. =] No worries about the old rare pets, everything in this guide is from personal experience, so I know it's accurate.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The thing is, it was reported after Descent that the rare pet spawn times changed (as did world bosses) but I haven't seen anything reliable since then showing someone has determined the new pattern (though I did squad with some people doing world bosses since then, and they had figured out the new patterns.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The thing is, it was reported after Descent that the rare pet spawn times changed (as did world bosses) but I haven't seen anything reliable since then showing someone has determined the new pattern (though I did squad with some people doing world bosses since then, and they had figured out the new patterns.)

That's alright, once someone finds out I'll update it. Until then I'll make a note about that. =]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now kinna's got a reason to play again b:chuckle
  • Kitel - Heavens Tear
    Kitel - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I use a G.Walker as a tank he does really well as long as he is not over 10 lvls lower than mobs. But for the rare pet part I love my lil Poet..er I mean Kowlin (i named him Poet). He is an awesome dps pet in my option though I have not tried the other rare pets except the tabby and i liked it too but stopped lvling him at 30 something. I Know the Kowlin isnt a tank pet but i hope to get the coin oneday to give him a tank skill so he can grab argo if needed like my G.Walker does.
    Your level and gear does not matter to me. If you can not level one toon on your own then don't tell me how to play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I use a G.Walker as a tank he does really well as long as he is not over 10 lvls lower than mobs. But for the rare pet part I love my lil Poet..er I mean Kowlin (i named him Poet). He is an awesome dps pet in my option though I have not tried the other rare pets except the tabby and i liked it too but stopped lvling him at 30 something. I Know the Kowlin isnt a tank pet but i hope to get the coin oneday to give him a tank skill so he can grab argo if needed like my G.Walker does.

I've always been a fan of -channeling, and I had enough -ch to tank mostly everything around my level with any pet, I even tanked some bosses with kowlin. I got my nix at 60 and herc at 80. (Yeah I know, did it backwards...) In the bigger picture, kowlin is pretty squishy, even at level 100, but it has tough, which helps a little, and the debuffs are pretty nice for free.

As far as putting a "tank" skill on it. The best tank skills are the ones that come on herc and nix. By the time you pay for one of those skills, you're almost halfway to just getting an actual herc or nix, which are far better in the long run. This is based on LC prices for skills and herc/nix tickets, might be completely different elsewhere.

However, that's not the same as an "agro" skill like bash. That will be much cheaper.

It all depends on how serious of a player you are, and unfortunately how serious a player you want others to think you are - if you're just playing casually to have a good time, you don't need either legendary pet.

If you plan on getting endgame, don't be a nab like me, save up to get a herc, then use herc to farm for a nix. b:thanks b:victory