BM FAQ-look here before makeing a thread

1235»

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Wow, someone must've trolled OP something fierce.

What in this guide is still applicable today...?

Not much. Well outside of the obvious basic things that havent changed, the more detailed the info goes, the more its off basically.

The 5aps is still relevant if you intend to farm TT or maybe lunar, if not, then you can just ignore it. The primal skill update(s) increased BMs chi gain to the point you dont even need fists for building chi in PvE.

You want to use all path build though, even if fists have fallen off a bit they got some use in older instances. Vit is even less of a bonus nowdays due average gear greatly passing what the PvE content in this game requires. So basically you dont need the vit if you get N3/S3/G16/whatever you want to call it gear and refine it to +5, which shouldnt be an issue. You could add vit on your first trip to 100 though I doubt you`ll need it but its not end of world if you feel the need to add some vit there.

The leveling options are outdated as nobody runs gamma ever and delta isnt run for anything but culti nowdays. FCC was reworked so hypers wont work there any longer, making leveling there pretty meh. They have buffed quest xp greatly, added plenty of dailies for 8x-9x. And there is Phoenix Valley, though finding squad for it can be pretty difficult.

Culti path choice is bit outdated I imagine. The reasons are but both paths seem to have strong support among community still and going either is fine. However I personally feel demon is better option for PvE/lower gear PvP while sage gets on par at endgame.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    I think most of the guides stickied in the class forums are very likely way outdated and at least partially incorrect.

The three-year necro response is kind of interesting too. I mean, why even bother?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Thanks @saxroll, nice, detailed response. Very helpful!
    I think most of the guides stickied in the class forums are very likely way outdated and at least partially incorrect.

The three-year necro response is kind of interesting too. I mean, why even bother?​​
    I thought necros were okay as long as they were stickies. *shrug*

We need to do more up-to-date guides after the content update hits, I suppose.