Mystic vs. Other Classes Skill Comparison

Vixter - Harshlands
Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Mystic
Mystic vs. Other Classes Skill Comparison

Dont hate us (Mystics) 'cause we're beautiful! :)

No but seriously, Mystics are an all-round class, meaning, they have jobs and similar skills of other classes in one package.

I have put together a list that compares skills that Mystics have in common with skills of Venomancers, Clerics, Wizards and Psychics. This is technically not a guide, but more of an information piece. I think it may come in handy to know the difference between Mystics and other classes when it comes to skills and DMG.

This is not a thread saying that Venomancers, Clerics, Wizards and Psychics are better or worse than Mystics, this is a thread comparing the skills they have some-what in common, be it DMG or effect, and how Mystics are close (but not equal) to all other magic classes.

Thanks, and Enjoy :)

Mystic's
Nature's Vengeance

Max at level 36
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 132
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
100% weapon DMG, plus 723 additional DMG. Slow 30% for 12 seconds.

Comparable to:
Venomancer's
Venomous Scarab

Max at level 45
Level 10
Range 25.5m
Mana 68.8
Chan 1.5 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
Base magic DMG 100% of weapon, plus 966 additional DMG.

Cleric's
Great cyclone

Max at level 48
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 144
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 3 sec
Base magic DMG of 100% of weapon, plus 1372.6. Slow 40% for 8 seconds.

Comment: Venos and Clerics DMG's are higher. Veno's chan is longer, and Clerics cooldown is longer. All in all, I think it evens out for the most part, since the Mystic will be able to spam the skill a little faster.

Mystic's
Gale Force

Max at level 75
Level 10
Range 12m
Mana 525
Chan 1 sec
Cast .5 sec
Cool 8 sec
14 meter AOE. Basic magic DMG plus 100% weapon DMG plus 2425.2 additional DMG. Chance to silence or freeze. Req 30 chi.

Cleric's
Siren's Kiss

Max at level 74
Level 10
Range ?
Mana 444
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 15 sec
12 meter AOE. Basic metal DMG equal to magic attack plus 3708.3. Chance to freeze for 3 sec. Req 1 spark.

Comment: Mytics Gale Force has a larger AOE and casts faster than the clerics. Both of these AOEs hit a "splash" area around the caster. Both AOEs have a chance of freezing, while Mystics can also silence. The DMG of the two can be compared, Clerics may hit more in additional DMG but the Mystic has the extra 100% weapon DMG add on. The DMG of Gale Force can also be comparable to Venomancer's Noxious Gas.

Mystic's
Bramble Tornado

Max at level 85
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 297.5
Chan 1.5 sec
Cast .5 sec
Cool 12 sec
Deals wood DMG of basic magic attack plus 100% weapon DMG plus 3493.8 additional DMG. Knockback of 12 meters - KNOCKBACK WORKS IN PVP.

Comparable to:
Psychic's
Landslide

Max at level 64
Level 10
Range 10m
Mana 230.4
Chan .8 sec
Cast 1.2 sec
Cool 8 sec
Deals basic magic DMG plus 100% weapon DMG plus 3600.8 additional earth DMG. Inturrupts enemy channeling and knockback of 18 meters.

Wizard's
Will of the Pheonix

Max to level 75
Level 10
Range 10m
Mana 347.5
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 8 sec
Deals fire DMG equal to base magic attack plus 100% of weapon DMG plus 3534.5. Knockback of 18 meters, and 18 meter frot-line AOE.

Comment: Mystic wins here because it works in PVP, but the Psychic and Wizards DMGs are slightly larger. The DMG of Bramble Tornado can also be compared to Venomancer's Lucky Scarab.

Mystic's
Thicket

Max at level 86
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 903
Chan 2 sec
Cast 1.5 sec
Cool 30 sec
AOE - Deals wood DMG 12 times (1200%) weapon DMG, plus 6500 additional DMG. Chance to silence and freeze targets. Req 2 sparks.

Comparable to:
Wizard's
Black Ice Dragon Strike

Max at level 86
Level 10
Range 28.5m
Mana 516
Chan 4 sec
Cast 1.6 sec
Cool 30 sec
AOE - Deals water DMG of basic magic attack, plus 500% weapon DMG, plus 9648.9 additional DMG. 95% chance to slow enemeies. Req 2 sparks.

Wizard's
Mountain's Seize

Max at level 86
Level 10
Range 28.5m
Mana 516
Chan 5 sec
Cast 1.4 sec
Cool 30 sec
AOE - Deals earth DMG of basic magic attack plus 500% of weapon DMG plus 8400.4 additional DMG. 95% chance to stun all enemies for 6 sec. Req 2 sparks.

Comment: These are very confusing comparisons. The best comparison is Black Ice Dragon Strike, as it hits the hardest of all level 59 AOE magic spells. The math done on this comparison is too much for me to go into. Check out this thread for more information: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1044201

Mystic's
Wood Mastery

Comparable to:
Venomancer's
Wood Mastery

Cleric's
Metal Mastery

Wizard's
Fire Mastery
Aqua Spirit
Earthen Spirit

Psychic's
Earthen Spirit

Comment: All skills give an elemental DMG increase by 20%. Fair enough.

Mystic's
Break in the Clouds

Max at level 45
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 240
Chan .5 sec
Cast .5 sec
Cool 1 sec
Heal 330 HP plus 30% of base magic attack.

Comparable to:
Cleric's
Wellspring Surge

Max at level 54
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 162
Chan 1.5s sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
Recover 350 HP plus 20% base magic attack.

Comment: They pretty much heal the same, and Mystic even heals faster. Not too much more mana cost for the Mystic, as well. Dont let anyone fool you, Mystics single heals are just as good as a clerics, but when it comes to needing long periods of heals, a clerics Ironheart Blessing may be better for the case. This can also be comapred to Wizard's Morning Dew but the channeling of it is longer, takes a lot more mana, heals a lot more HP, and is not usually used for healing constantly.

Mystic's
Falling Petals

Max at level 54
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 378
Chan .5 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 2 sec
Regain 714 HP plus 30% of base magic attack over 9 seconds.

Comparable to:
Cleric's
Ironheart Blessing

Max at level 51
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 229.5
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
Regain 714 HP plus 30% of base magic attack over 12 seconds.

Comment: Same healing amount, except Clerics can stack their heals, making it heal even more. Clerics even last longer. Mystic's Falling Petals is a very awesome skill, after taking a hit, Falling Petals begins to heal, and can heal a great amount. Great to cast on pullers as well.

Mystic's
Comforting Mist

Max at level 75
Level 10
Mana 968.8
Chan 3.5 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 6 sec
Restore 720 HP plus 18% base magic attack, 20 meter radius.

Comparable to:
Cleric's
Chromatic Healing Beam

Max at level 75
Level 10
Mana 970
Chan 3.5 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 3 sec
Heal 1070 HP plus 20% base magic attack. 20 meter radius.

Psychic's
Bubble of Life

Max at level 69
Level 10
Mana 650
Chan 1.5 sec
Cast 2 sec
Cool 30 sec
Heal 1000 HP plus 30% base magic attack. 15 meter radius.

Comment: Clerics heals the most, and also with a faster cooldown. Psychics heals good also, but the cooldown is very large. Mystics is just a little less amount of healing, but when stacked with a Vital Herb, the Mystic party heals are a lot stronger than both.

Mystic's
Resurrect

Max at level 64
Level 10
Range 19m
Mana 2,660
Chan 1.5 sec
Cast 1.5 sec
Cool 30 sec
Buff - adds ability to resurrect on the spot when dead. Exp loss reduced by 80%, 50% HP and MP upon revival. Lasts 30 minutes.

Comparable to:
Cleric's
Revive

Max at level 64
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 960
Chan 6 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
Revive anyone that is dead (but yourself). EXP loss reduced by 90%, 10% HP/MP upon revival.

Comment: These two skills I would have to say is a tie. It is nice that Mystics buff lasts 30 minutes. Cleric, of course, is still the only one who can revive an already dead person though, and with 10% more EXP reduction. Its better to have a Cleric revive you for less exp loss, but in dire situations, the Mystic's buff surely helps.

Mystic's
Verdant Shell

Max at level 54
Level 10
Mana 567
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1.5 sec
Cool 20 sec
Adds 80% of armors wood, water, and physical DMG resistances.

Comparable to:
Cleric's
Vanguard Spirit/Magical Shell

Max at level 36/43
Level 10
Mana 108/129
Chan .5 sec
Cast 1 sec
Cool 1 sec
Adds 60% of armors physical/magical defenses.

Wizard's
Stone Barrier

Max at level 54
Level 10
Mana 162
Chan 1 sec
Cast 1.2 sec
Cool 3 sec
Increase earth and physical resistances by 100%.

Comment: Wizard's obviously gives more physical defense, but you can only use 1 of their sheilds at a time, so they are lacking all element defenses except earth. Mystics has only a little less physical defense but misses the earth, fire, and metal resistances. Clerics covers all elemental and physical defenses, but even less than Mystics. Cleric is able to buff other people though. Mystics Verdant Shell stacked with Cleric buffs gives a good advantage, and a little more extra magic defenses as well, compared to Wizards.

Mystic's
Rapid Growth

Max at level 85
Level 10
Mana 475
Chan .6 sec
Cast .8 sec
Cool 35 sec
Increase channel time by 20%, also adds 100% additional weapon DMG. Lasts for 8 seconds. Req 30 chi.

Comparable to:
Psychic's
Tide Spirit

Max at level 86
Level 10
Mana 200
Chan .6 sec
Cast 1.6 sec
Cool 60 sec
Increase weapon DMG by 100% for 15 sec. Incease channeling speed for 6 sec (speed unknown?). Req 2 sparks.

Comment: I think the Psychic wins here since their skill lasts longer, but keep in mind their skill also cools down longer too. I do not know the casting speed increase for the Psychic as well, but both skills increase weapon DMG by 100%.

Mystic's
Heal Summon

Max at level 52
Level 10
Range 26.5m
Mana 275
Chan .5 sec
Cast .5 sec
Cool 1 sec
Restore 540 HP to summon, plus 30% magic attack.

Comparable to:
Venomancer's
Heal Pet

Max at level 93
Level 10
Range 25.5
Mana 95
Chan 1.5 sec
Cast 1.0 sec
Cool 1.0 sec
Restore 540 HP to summon, plus 30% magic attack.

Comment: They heal the same amount of HP. Only thing Im jealous of is that Mystics get theirs to level 10 way faster than venos. But, I guess the mana usage is a punishment for that. :P But on a serious note, the speed in casting this skill really helps, which can make Mystics pets able to tank some more challenging bosses. Also very helpful when healing Venomancer's pets as well.

Skills I have yet to compare to:
Swirling Mist - This skill is relatively lower than Venomancer's Blazing Scarab and Cleric's Thunderball. The over time DMG also doesnt kick in until the enemy's HP is below 60%.
Absorb Soul - This skill is special. Not only can I not find another skill that has a 5 second cast and relates to the DMG, but this skill also seems to ignore phycial barriers. See this topic for more information: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1018921
All summon and plant-summon skills (including Energy Leech and Lysing) - These are obviously one of a kind skills that are not comparable to any other class.

Please feel free to comment, and say anything you might feel is comparable to any Mystic skills (DMG, AOE-wise). I (vixter/TreeHugs from Harshlands :P) created this "information piece" using ecatomb.net as a resource. I hope someone found this to be useful :) Thanks for reading!

Special Thanks to:
violetvalor for adding the Bramble Tornado/Landslide comparison.
KareszPsych for correcting the Rapid Growth/Tide Spirit comparison.
Eliaera for adding the Thicket/Black Ice Dragon Strike comparison.
__Astarte__ for adding the Gale Force/Siren's Kiss and Verdant Shell/Stone Barrier comparisons.

LAST UPDATED: JULY 8, 2011
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
Post edited by Vixter - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    RESERVED ... just in case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Overall: Mystic is a mp burner with similar skills of other classes. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    im wondering, does rapid growth stack with the energy leech of storm mistress for a total of +250% magic attack? if it does then combining that with thicket+extreme poison+creeper=owned.

but ya i feel like mystics are lacking severly in alot of areas. i find no need at all for there healing skills. the only healing skill they realy need is vital/healing herb and break in the clouds. what they TRULY need is a MP restoration skill/plant. they burn mana so fast for skills that dont even do much dmg at all.
  • aryayamamoto
    aryayamamoto Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree with most of de analysis but one more thing you can compare to is de pets. Mystics has an advantage in that their pets do not need food or extra lvling, they also can fly/run/swim, something which venos dun have. A veno that lvls on BHs have probelms keeping their pets up to lvl but mystic wouldn't have that same prob.
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Heal Summon VS Heal Pet.
    Mystic's heal is faster, technically giving them an edge upon this skill alone. However, in the grand scheme of things, veno's pets seem far more durable than the summons.
    ---
    Falling Petals VS Ironheart Blessing
    9 seconds over 12 seconds- you are looking with tunnel vision. Technically, the healing period is shorter, but heals MORE. The fact that IH is stackable is what really makes it better here.
    ---
    Comforting Mist VS Chromatic Healing Beam
    Again, tunnel vision. Arm a mystic with Rapid Growth and they could easily over take Chromatic Healing Beam.
    ---
    Verdant Shell VS Vanguard Seal and Magic Shell
    Agreed. Mystics only raise 3 defences while a cleric's raises all defences between the two.
    ---
    Resurrect VS Revive
    Hmm, I'd call it a draw, but truthfully, even as a cleric, I would probably want Resurrect. It gives back a decent amount of HP upon revival. Of course, this doesn't matter if a guardian charm is equipped.
    ---
    Views on the others skills:
    Absorb Soul- You can't really compare this skill to any ONE skill. With Nature's Vengence's status effect on, it deals increased damage, making a *slight* HF or Amp that is particular to only Mystics.
    Bramble Tornado- Will of the Phoenix? Thought that would push back more than one target if they are close together. I'm probably wrong though.
    ---
    Looking at skills alone doesn't really make a class (or sometimes the skill itself) all that great. It's what you put together that can bring out the potential. Still, agreed, mystic can never replace the other classes.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bramble Tornado - Since this AOE pushes enemies back, I havent found/thought of another skill from another class that also does this. So, yet another, special, one of a kind skill.

I do not see how it is an AoE knockback. According to ecatomb:
    Deals Wood damage equal to your basic Magic
    Attack, plus 100% of Weapon Damage, plus 3493.8.
    Knocks Back the target 12 meters

If it really is a (frontal) AoE knockback then perhaps you can compare it to the Wizard's Will of the Phoenix. Or if it is a single target then perhaps it can be compared to the psychics Landslide.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    ah you are right, single target skill. i didnt catch that part. Thanks for this info ^^ ill edit, and add your name in :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    magena wrote: »
    Heal Summon VS Heal Pet.
    Mystic's heal is faster, technically giving them an edge upon this skill alone. However, in the grand scheme of things, veno's pets seem far more durable than the summons.
    ---
    Falling Petals VS Ironheart Blessing
    9 seconds over 12 seconds- you are looking with tunnel vision. Technically, the healing period is shorter, but heals MORE. The fact that IH is stackable is what really makes it better here.
    ---
    Comforting Mist VS Chromatic Healing Beam
    Again, tunnel vision. Arm a mystic with Rapid Growth and they could easily over take Chromatic Healing Beam.
    ---
    Verdant Shell VS Vanguard Seal and Magic Shell
    Agreed. Mystics only raise 3 defences while a cleric's raises all defences between the two.
    ---
    Resurrect VS Revive
    Hmm, I'd call it a draw, but truthfully, even as a cleric, I would probably want Resurrect. It gives back a decent amount of HP upon revival. Of course, this doesn't matter if a guardian charm is equipped.
    ---
    Views on the others skills:
    Absorb Soul- You can't really compare this skill to any ONE skill. With Nature's Vengence's status effect on, it
    this is pretty much EVERYTHING I have just said in my guide... >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Very nicely done. This should answer some questions about how's mystic standing with the other classes.

b:thanks
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Thicket - The DMG this skill deals is much too higher to compare it to Venomancers Parasitic Nova. I have yet to see/think of another skill that comes close (DMG, AOE, and Spark-wise).

Ok I got what the deal is with this skill (tnx to Trawne for pointing it out http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1015791&page=2 ). It gets 12x weapon dmg but nothing from base magic attack. Which is a real set back.

From what I know(from somewhere in the wizzie forum if I remember correctly) base magic attack is equal to 100% weapon dmg + 1% w. dmg. for each point in magic that you have. So to compare Thicket with let's say BIDS(for good measure) I'm assuming a lvl 100 wiz pure mag build (that's about 450 mag points Without equip adds).

BIDS: (100% + 450%) + 500% + 9648.9 = 1050% + 9648.9 (+slows target)
    Thicket: 1200% + 6500 (+silence/freeze target) (* +takes time to deal full damage so is a DoT?)

So thicket is not as OP as originally thought.

If you want to compare it to Parasite Nova:
    PN: (100% + 450%) + 300% + 4564.9 = 850% + 4564.9 (+silence/freeze target)

* can someone confirm this pls
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    this is pretty much EVERYTHING I have just said in my guide... >_>

<_< But with more particularities. Not disagreeing with you, mind you.
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sekaiya - Heavens Tear
    Sekaiya - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yeah sure Mystic comes in 2nd compared to Veno or cleric alone. The thing is a Mystic can do both a cleric's and a veno's job. They (when combined) make a mystic a lot more useful then a veno or a cleric by themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★:: Playing since 2008 :: 100% F2P ::★
  • KareszPsych - Heavens Tear
    KareszPsych - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't see how you could compare Rapid Growth to Disturb Soul, since one is a positive selfbuff (RG) while the other is a negative debuff (DS). The two skills are completely different. Tide Spirit is much closer to it in this sense, though the channeling bonus there is much bigger than RG (and for that, it also costs a lot more chi).

Perhaps the best skills to compare it to would be the sage version of cleric's Magic shell, or the demon version of Wellspring Quaff, since those two give just about the same channeling bonus.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I don't see how you could compare Rapid Growth to Disturb Soul, since one is a positive selfbuff (RG) while the other is a negative debuff (DS). The two skills are completely different. Tide Spirit is much closer to it in this sense, though the channeling bonus there is much bigger than RG (and for that, it also costs a lot more chi).

Perhaps the best skills to compare it to would be the sage version of cleric's Magic shell, or the demon version of Wellspring Quaff, since those two give just about the same channeling bonus.

are you saying Disturb Soul is not a buff for psychic, to make them cast faster? im not a psy, i have only played veno and cleric to max levels, so im not too sure on this one. i can see how tide spirit is comparable, but im not sure of the exact channeling speed it gives.

i dont really want to compare to sage/demon skills, because the levels on them are too far apart, and only counts of you have the books.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    are you saying Disturb Soul is not a buff for psychic, to make them cast faster?

Naw, actually it's the opposite. It makes the target channel slower. xD

EDIT: Only skill that comes to mind that makes you channel faster and is not a sage/demon skill is wizards' Essential Sutra. Dunno how much of a comparison it is though since it reduces channeling by like 90% (no it doesn't make skills instant).
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    ok, thanks for clearing that up ^^ the skills descriptions can get a little tricky :P

KareszPsych ive added your suggestion of Tidal Spirit and gave you credit ^^ thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Ok I got what the deal is with this skill (tnx to Trawne for pointing it out http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1015791&page=2 ). It gets 12x weapon dmg but nothing from base magic attack. Which is a real set back.

From what I know(from somewhere in the wizzie forum if I remember correctly) base magic attack is equal to 100% weapon dmg + 1% w. dmg. for each point in magic that you have. So to compare Thicket with let's say BIDS(for good measure) I'm assuming a lvl 100 wiz pure mag build (that's about 450 mag points Without equip adds).

BIDS: (100% + 450%) + 500% + 9648.9 = 1050% + 9648.9 (+slows target)
    Thicket: 1200% + 6500 (+silence/freeze target) (* +takes time to deal full damage so is a DoT?)

So thicket is not as OP as originally thought.

If you want to compare it to Parasite Nova:
    PN: (100% + 450%) + 300% + 4564.9 = 850% + 4564.9 (+silence/freeze target)

* can someone confirm this pls
    im not completely understanding what your trying to get at ... but by the looks of it, it seems your saying that Thickets DMG is about, 200%+5084 DMG stronger than Nova? It still seems to me like too big of a DMG range to be comparable... unless im understanding incorrectly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    im not completely understanding what your trying to get at ... but by the looks of it, it seems your saying that Thickets DMG is about, 200%+5084 DMG stronger than Nova? It still seems to me like too big of a DMG range to be comparable... unless im understanding incorrectly.

BIDS damage is 200%+5084 more than Parasitic Nova.
    Thicket damage is 350%+1935 more than Parasitic Nova.

Yes the difference between Thicket and PN is pretty high, that's why I initially compared Thicket with BIDS which is a close match-up.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    ok i see what you are saying now.

so, thicket to bids:

thicket is stronger by 700% base magic attack, but weaker by 3148.9 additional DMG?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    ok i see what you are saying now.

so, thicket to bids:

thicket is stronger by 700% base magic attack, but weaker by 3148.9 additional DMG?

Well let's see..final results are:
    BIDS: 1050% + 9648.9
    Thicket: 1200% + 6500

So: Thicket has 150% more weapon damage(not base mag atk) than Bids and Thicket is weaker by 3148.9 additional damage.

(assuming wizard is lvl 100 and pure mag)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Well let's see..final results are:
    So: Thicket has 150% more weapon damage(not base mag atk) than Bids and Thicket is weaker by 3148.9 additional damage.

according to ecatomb, BIDS weapon dmg (my mistake) is 500%. where are you getting 1050% from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    are you saying Disturb Soul is not a buff for psychic, to make them cast faster? im not a psy, i have only played veno and cleric to max levels, so im not too sure on this one. i can see how tide spirit is comparable, but im not sure of the exact channeling speed it gives.

i dont really want to compare to sage/demon skills, because the levels on them are too far apart, and only counts of you have the books.

It's hard to say how much of a boost it gives, but I'd say it's definitely a whole lot more than 20%, probably similar to Sutra. Not much of a boost for psy anyway, since they already channel pretty fast.

Rapid Growth looks like an epic win to me, compared to Tide Spirit, simply because it only takes 30 chi (for me, I never actually use TS, since for 2 sparks I'd rather just spark, since it also gives me an MP boost), and gives a 20% channel boost. Not to mention if I saw it correctly on Somebody's video, RG is a separate buff, different from what you get when you demon spark, so in theory, you might be able to stack the channel speed buffs, giving you 25+20% channeling boost.
    edited March 2011
    I do like this comparison thread anyway. For now, what it really shows imo, is some of the skills just take WAY too much MP. It's the summon heal that bugs me the most. 275 MP for one heal spell on the summon is just plain horrible. I mean how can you even spamheal with MP costs like that?
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Eliaera - i added your suggestion of thicket/BIDS to the list with given credit ^^, but marked BIDS as 500% weapon DMG, since thats what ecatomb says.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I do like this comparison thread anyway. For now, what it really shows imo, is some of the skills just take WAY too much MP. It's the summon heal that bugs me the most. 275 MP for one heal spell on the summon is just plain horrible. I mean how can you even spamheal with MP costs like that?
    thats exactly what i was thinking >_> practically impossible without a charm, or until 75+ and spamming those special mana meds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    according to ecatomb, BIDS weapon dmg (my mistake) is 500%. where are you getting 1050% from?

I explained in my first post, that's 500% + the basic magic attack. Without that it would mean that thicket has like 7 times more weapon dmg than BIDS which is impossible to believe. This is exactly why Thicket has such high weapon damage, to compensate for the fact that it doesn't have basic magic attack damage.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011

i would love to know where he is getting 1050% weapon dmg from to cuz that is completely and utterly incorrect.

also thicket hasnt been tested enough. i think its just better to compare the skill in game side by side and see what does more dmg. IF the skill is really 7x more dmg then BiDs then it will easily show up in the side by side comparison. i think someone should get to work on that asap. because skill descriptions have been wrong in the past. (points to tideborn expansion as a PERFECT example of a ton of wrong skill descriptions the first few months of its release <.<)

i also want to point out that thicket has a shorter channel and cast time then BiD
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Isn't there is a different between base magic attack and weapon attack? Base magic attack is base on mag while weapon attack is base on the weapon it self. Use normal attack as example, the damage is equal to base phy attack+100% weapon damage. So the 1050% damage, 350% is come from base magic attack. Not sure how he calculate the base magic attack equal to 350% weapon damage though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • ShaoliXen - Lost City
    ShaoliXen - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Personally, I believe that the huge MP costs are there for a reason, something to further separate venos and mystics so that venos can have some sort of advantage over mystic. Now not only can a Zeal lure a mystic can too, bumping venos further down the wanted party member list. The only things parties really want venos for are to debuff/amp/purge and lure the latter of which is now accessible via multiple methods.

tl;dr
    Some absurd attempt to help create balance between venos and mystics.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    i would love to know where he is getting 1050% weapon dmg from to cuz that is completely and utterly incorrect.

Lol...I already said this 2 times...lemme try to spell it out for u guys.

BIDS:
    Focus one's energy to summon a Water dragon that soars up to the sky and smashes onto
    the target and all surrounding enemies. Target and enemies in a 8.4 meter radius
    around target suffer Water damage equal to base magic damage plus 275% of weapon
    damage plus 5522.4. Has a 86% chance to slow enemies by 60% for 6.2 seconds.

Thicket:
    Focuses Sparks to summon plants, which deal
    Wood damage equal to 12 times Weapon
    Damage plus 3755.
    Has a chance to Silence and Freeze the target.

As you can see Thicket doesn't get base magic attack damage. So it's 1200% damage, period. However BIDS does get it, so it's 500% + base magic attack. Now I calculated the base magic attack for a 100 wiz (for comparison purposes). How I did that i already explained:

BIDS: (100% + 450%) + 500% + 9648.9 = 1050% + 9648.9

If you didn't understand this time then I don't know how else to explain it lol.