Mirage Consumption?

Sukinee - Heavens Tear
Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
Hi everyone,

I looked at the skill tree on Ecatomb and it said that the Seeker skills that give party buffs for increased defense requires the consumption of one mirage celestone...is that true? b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
Post edited by Sukinee - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Somehow I am doubting that, since there is quite a few things wrong on his site with those skills. I'm guessing it means one spark.

Besides...
    Blade and Sword Mastery Level 10
    Passive Effect

Requisite Cultivation Aware of Harmony
    All Blade or Sword attacks gain a bonus damage equal to 421.4% of weapon damage.

If this were true, 2 APS Seekers would overpower any 5 APS character and be the most OP class ever created.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    We all know that should be bug...no way they will give 421.4% Wanmei's Sword and Blade Mastery is exactly the same as BM's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
    edited March 2011
    We all know that should be bug...no way they will give 421.4% Wanmei's Sword and Blade Mastery is exactly the same as BM's

Yep, which is why I am doubting the mirage consumption part as well. Though I won't know until I reach 39.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    They do cost mirage in wanmei...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
    edited March 2011
    They do cost mirage in wanmei...

They do?

*sigh*

I can just see it...

SeEkErNuB: Buffing squads, two mirages per buff

If they do cost mirages here as well, I have a feeling there will be a lot of complaints. Rightfully so. 13k per buff is just ridiculous, and I will not be buffing anyone at all. Sad, but it's just not worth it. I might be willing to in TT though since I can just sub and get mirages for the buffs.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There are 3 buffs. The 1st one does not consume a mirage. Just get that one, **** the ones that use mirages. And be happy BB does not need 5 Mirages to be casted. . .
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mirage costs 16k on Sanctuary. No way people would buy them. Imagine a FCC run where people might die or buff wears off and you have to rebuff 10 times per run... lol fail. Also, new players can't afford it either... Not to mention, if they start buying Mirages for buffs, the price might get even more expensive. This is not good for anyone... -_- This is bullsh!t and probably the stupidest idea I have ever heard, wtf were they smoking?!?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    ugysekell wrote: »
    Mirage costs 16k on Sanctuary. No way people would buy them. Imagine a FCC run where people might die or buff wears off and you have to rebuff 10 times per run... lol fail. Also, new players can't afford it either... Not to mention, if they start buying Mirages for buffs, the price might get even more expensive. This is not good for anyone... -_- This is bullsh!t and probably the stupidest idea I have ever heard, wtf were they smoking?!?

A new type of Crack, called "Mirage".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Feynira - Sanctuary
    Feynira - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I have a question. Does TW in PW-CN give that Mirage Stone reward? Because, if they do, then perhaps the company built Seekers around that. I'm just guessing, though, but I'd assume economically that if you have a flood of Mirage Stones, they'd sell for relatively cheap, which makes them a much more viable option for PW-CN then it would for PWI, especially since our TW got reverted back.

So assuming that this hypothetical is somewhat accurate, they may have designed the Seeker with the idea in mind that Mirage Stones will always be cheap and numerous even on low-income characters.

Of course, since PWI is quite different than PW-CN, we get left holding the bag because, oh hey, they pretty much completely ignore us on the other side of the ocean, and don't bother looking into, say, how our economy functions at all.

It may be complete B.S., but it was a thought.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I have a question. Does TW in PW-CN give that Mirage Stone reward? Because, if they do, then perhaps the company built Seekers around that. I'm just guessing, though, but I'd assume economically that if you have a flood of Mirage Stones, they'd sell for relatively cheap, which makes them a much more viable option for PW-CN then it would for PWI, especially since our TW got reverted back.

So assuming that this hypothetical is somewhat accurate, they may have designed the Seeker with the idea in mind that Mirage Stones will always be cheap and numerous even on low-income characters.

Of course, since PWI is quite different than PW-CN, we get left holding the bag because, oh hey, they pretty much completely ignore us on the other side of the ocean, and don't bother looking into, say, how our economy functions at all.

It may be complete B.S., but it was a thought.

Run 2 h TWs, pay a ton of coins, just to get a few Mirages for the Hyper-leveled Seekers to buff you with nearly useless buffs? In an active PvE faction, those mirages are used up in no time. . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Feynira - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to defend it. But I am curious as to what the hell are these people thinking? I was more or less trying to figure out they're reasoning for it.

Though, I'd probably have an easier time bring Micheal Jackson back from the dead and making him black again.

Edit: Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then my apologies.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to defend it. But I am curious as to what the hell are these people thinking? I was more or less trying to figure out they're reasoning for it.

Though, I'd probably have an easier time bring Micheal Jackson back from the dead and making him black again.

Edit: Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then my apologies.

I am sorry that you misunderstood my statement. I was in no way trying to offend you or your idea. I just questioned your theory, that IF it would be like that, there still would be no reason to do so. There is simply no point in giving Mirages as a reward, neither to make a class use up ridiculous amounts of coins in order to buff people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Feynira - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Hmm. Then maybe it's just they really do have more than a few screws loose.
  • YuniBlood - Raging Tide
    YuniBlood - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I am sorry that you misunderstood my statement. I was in no way trying to offend you or your idea. I just questioned your theory, that IF it would be like that, there still would be no reason to do so. There is simply no point in giving Mirages as a reward, neither to make a class use up ridiculous amounts of coins in order to buff people.

Ya the party buffs is a waste of coin short term and long term. Certainly skipping tem or only using level 1 for the other skills. Hey at least I am saving sp lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Blademaster level 8x not active!!
    Seeker :D level 2x active and going to be main!
    Perfect world international Album all ready and set up Check it out. Use the link below or click on my username for link
    edited March 2011
    A new type of Crack, called "Mirage".

Can I just snort it instead? I'd rather not have to smoke it. b:chuckle

As for the TW payment, I think it is still in mirages, because the way the mods said it on here, it seems they only gave our version the coin payment because the mods asked the devs to do so for us. At least we can say that the mods are listening and trying to work things out for us. I'm guessing after all that the DQ points system was our promised compensation for the drop in DQ NPC prices. So, perhaps if we get enough complaints about this, the mods might be able to talk to the devs and get them to change this for us.

At this point, I would be willing to have the buffs be able to take subs rather than mirages simply because subs can be manufactured easily. I don't mind it costing something aside from MP and sparks to use the skill, but the fact they choose something that can only be obtained through either killing bosses or doing quests to get the stones is what bugs me.

Anyways, like Yuna said, it's just more SP to save on, and less coin spent.
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    .....At this point, I would be willing to have the buffs be able to take subs rather than mirages simply because subs can be manufactured easily. I don't mind it costing something aside from MP and sparks to use the skill, but the fact they choose something that can only be obtained through either killing bosses or doing quests to get the stones is what bugs me.

Anyways, like Yuna said, it's just more SP to save on, and less coin spent.

Yeah, how dare they require questing or killing monsters for anything?! b:chuckle

If it's easier for you to farm subs, do that and sell them, they are worth more than mirages at the moment....

Even without TW pay mirages there is still an ample supply entering the market: bh100, warsong, delta, TT, marriage quests, wraith/legion attacks, world bosses, etc. I doubt there will ever be a shortage.

Around 15k for a buff isn't really a huge expense to many, those who feel it is will go without the buffs and not really suffer, it is already possible to do everything with the old class buffs alone.

To put it in perspective: God's Tea for example (1.5 spark powder) costs about 140k per batch to make at current market prices, that's 28k per potion. 15k to buff an entire squad seems a good deal compared to 28k for one person to gain 1.5 sparks. (Sure, you can farm the herbs so it's "free", doing that will take a minimum of 10 minutes, so killing mobs or running TT may be more profitable use of that time.)

anyway, just wanted to say don't get yer panties all in a bunch just yet, it's likely not to be a big deal at all.....
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    forums are a good source of info. it allows you to pre-buy/keep stuff from months ago at a lower cost before the bandwagon gets chugging :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan