Barbs in FCC = liars?

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    At 90+, most fast squads are easily able to kill all the mobs before the tank takes too many hits. I also bet that you didn't tank the bosses. Not that it matters that much on higher levels, especially if the sins you had were 100+ with decent aps...

My usual sins in FCC are a mere 2.22 aps.

It really doesn't matter who tanks bosses at 90+. Bosses ALWAYS get random aggro and die in under 20 seconds. Herc, sin or bm can tank any boss in Frost when bosses die in under 20 secs. When you have another BM who is an HF slave and a veno who ironwood and amps, I usually just bane, spark, mire, frenzy along with the sins and even Runewolf out of all bosses die in 1 spark.

Barb is slow puller and **** DD unless they are 5.0 lol. And barb debuffs are **** to.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My usual sins in FCC are a mere 2.22 aps.

It really doesn't matter who tanks bosses at 90+. Bosses ALWAYS get random aggro and die in under 20 seconds. Herc, sin or bm can tank any boss in Frost when bosses die in under 20 secs. When you have another BM who is an HF slave and a veno who ironwood and amps, I usually just bane, spark, mire, frenzy along with the sins and even Runewolf out of all bosses die in 1 spark.

Barb is slow puller and **** DD unless they are 5.0 lol. And barb debuffs are **** to.

runewolf has the lowest hp of any boss in fcc

devour is a rather nice debuff
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    And barb debuffs are **** to.

Something tells me you're a troll.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Dimitrik - Dreamweaver
    Dimitrik - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yeesh. I think the real focus on this thread should be on barbarians looking for handouts. They're not necessary in an FC run. The comparison between a barbarian looking for free money and a cleric charging to heal is pretty spot on.

Salute to the clerics who keep it classy, just as an aside.

But every class, every player has their own job to perform in there. Barbarians are made to tank - demanding money for doing what their class is made for is just ludicrous. If the argument is for that kind of behavior, then a venomancer should charge for pulling, and assassins should stick a price on their damage dealing.

In the end, I think everyone in a PUG squad will be a lot happier if they say straight up before the run even begins, "Everyone is responsible for their own repair bills."
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    run some nirvana back to back and trust me you'll use a good amount of herb yuanxiao lol

True enough, haven't done Nirvana yet. The way I'm seeing it though, I won't be needing to unless I run with 5 APS squads, and I'd rather run it with my faction anyways than with a random 5 APS.

And it is not because the bosses go down so quickly that I don't need to use MP food in TT while spamming IH. It's because my MP recovery combined with double spark is enough to keep me from running out. Each spark puts me back up to full, so I don't need to pot. However, I'm guessing from what you are saying I basically need to stay in BB for AoE's, so then I will be. Still, I'm sure doing TT will be enough to get me money for MP foods for Nirvana when I start it.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Something tells me you're a troll.

hes not a troll... or at least if he is one he doesn't know it..lets put it that way lol

And I will always prefer a barb tank in fcc to a tank of another class. What can I say I like working with the kitties.

But when people try to call 100k repairs bull****...they just really don't know. I mean, of course when a barb does a run with people he knows and trusts..(basically a squad that knows what it's doing) the repairs aren't gonna be so bad.
    But that's not the problem is it?
    The problem is random squads in which no one has an available barb friend they can call.
    Being an ex barb, I understand the traumas random squads can put barbs through xD

It's not the good squads that give barbs insane repairs, it's the crappy ones that theres a high chance of working with when one responds to random call-outs.

After a while of squadding with random people who have a certain chance to be complete idiots, don't you think barbs are going to be hesitant to find FCC squads from random call outs?
    Hence, the use of bribery.

The picture ArchSaber is trying to paint about barbs is highly unfair imo. Most I have befriended are ready and willing to help when they can.

This is not to say that some dont get greedy, I've seen a barb/cleric team try to charge people 1 mil to run FCC with them. Thats just wrong :/
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I always thought the 100k was an incentive to get the barb to join your FC squad as oppose to the dozen or so other FC squads that need a barb b:avoid

Either way, by the time a barb reaches 10X, he could of easily made over 10m by having his repair bills paid b:chuckle
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011

You kidding? My Barb runs at 9.3m/s and Devour instantly shaves 50% off p.def from bosses, it's seriously badass. Barb puller is safer (unless he doesn't know what he's doing) and BM puller allows for faster runs.

And yes, I have both BM and Barb so I know what I'm talking about. Also, my slowest run on Barb was like 3 hours, the squad had **** DD and kept dying at every boss, but still came out with only about 75k repair.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    offering frost full run service 5mil each, 30 minute runs. pm in game b:victory

p.s. I don't charge for my repairs.
  • Tessa_Novel - Sanctuary
    Tessa_Novel - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:chuckle
    b:dirty Never Stare at MEb:chuckle
  • CJD - Heavens Tear
    CJD - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have been in squads where barbs demand for repair fee at start or at the big room, there had been times where the barb left the squad after big room. Above all, I world chatted asking for a barb for FF, one barb pm me and said " I will tank it, give me 5 hyper stones in return" I was like @_@ wtf dude!~ so my question is..

People do FF for ? : to get more exp, hyper level

So does everyone squad have a benefit of doing ff ? : ..............

Then why would a barb QQ about their repair bill ?

Fair enough if they have no benefit doing FF and they are just in to tank for money !~ b:surrender

^LOL : barbs runs the fastest in game. unlike BM,SIN speed buffs or apothecary temporary buffs, barb can run by 9.3 ms speed with level 11 skill and that's permanent when they are in true form. I call them the chi mount lol. No, barb debuff is not ****, devour is a very good phy.debuff. Re-roll a barb and see for your self.

Edit : I did not meant this to all barbs, just the one's who ridiculously ask for repairs/hypers or QQ after big room.
    Girls are like phones...
    We love to be held... talked too..
    but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! b:laugh
  • Caliope - Harshlands
    Caliope - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    LOL stop cry about barb that or that.... i think ppl are stupid if they pay for FC run cos he need to exp for lvling so wtf.
    If all clases start cry about rapair or MP pots like cleric and wiz, EA they burn lots MP pots and cleric needs res scrol 1 res scrol cost 50k so wtf if barb pay max 50k for repair i know that cos my bro play barb he pay max 45k - 55k depends how long kill and he dont take cash for rapiar, cos like all he need exp.
    So wtf 1 res scrol cost same price what repairs and MP pots so who pay more for run, and i dont see when cleric says give me cash for run. Stop beging barb for runs just find friends who dont take cash for that oters just kick and kill when you see.
  • Sunked - Lost City
    Sunked - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    its pretty lame and cheap asking for repair, is cleric asking pot fee?

u either wanna frost, and get the cost of it, or be a mercenary and ask for real fee for your service, 200k each party member is still pretty low

scaming like 50k as repair bill is pathetic gotta value yourself cose noone else will
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've done a lot of FC on my BM and I have yet to see a barb ask for money for repairs or, well, anything.

I've also never asked for any money or any form of compensation other than the xp I was receiving.

I have been offered money/charms before in the past which I accepted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _SilentBob_ - Raging Tide
    _SilentBob_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The only time a barb should get a fee for fc is if they were not planning on doing the run and responded to ppl QQing in wc asking for the services of a barb or BM for that matter. If your providing a service there is no reason you shouldn't be compensated for it.
  • Haderon - Raging Tide
    Haderon - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    No, barb debuff is not ****, devour is a very good phy.debuff. Re-roll a barb and see for your self.

Here I would like to add that Devouer combined with Tangling Mire from a high STR Genie provides the same effect as the BMs HF.

On topic: Never asked for repairs fee, never will. I am really sorry for you guys out there that met so greedy barbs. Repairs is part of the job, like cleric's MP pots costs.
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Holy ****! If barbs are asking for repair fees... Heck, can I have ammo fees? Sage BoA doesn't come cheap, ya know! 3 arrows consumed every 3 seconds, and the more expensive they are, the better the arrows, and the better the arrows, the faster the mobs die, so... I've done a heck of a lot of FC, now all yous pay up!

/sarcasm

Okay, anyone asking a fee for doing anything in this game is just... a word I can't say on the forums.

And if you have to pay people to come on your FC runs... make more friends, sheesh.

I would LOL and then kick someone who asked me for a fee to do a run of any kind with them - Every instance is mutually beneficial to the right party, why should one person get free wines or repair fees on top of completing a BH or getting some exp in FC?

Every class has costs, get over it, move on, quit QQ'ing about it, and don't rip people off with exaggerated repair bills. That's just wrong.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Reason you had 23k repair bill: You where a puller, not the tank.

I've personally tanked a full Frost run on HT. Came out at the end with a nice 120k repair bill and my deicide fist nearly broken.

The reason a barb will ask for a 100k cover cost is usually because of:
    A. Their greedy ****.
    B. They are idiots.
    C. They are in a gulible party.
    D. Some combo of the above.

It's kinda why when I hit 90 on this BM i'm posting on, i'll be telling barbs to go **** themselves while I pull and tank the whole entire Frost run.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    When I do an FC for somebody (solo pull-aoe all the mob pulls, including magic hall, big room, etc), and solo-dd the bosses, that sorta stuff, my repair bill is roughly 110k per run. A rather large portion of that is the weapon repair. But really, #s compared this way mean nothing.

Why?

First of all, heavy armor takes more coin to repair than does light armor. Second of all, OP, you were definitely not tanking the mobs. That doesn't mean to say that you actually need a tanker for FC at all, but what you were doing was definitely not tanking. If you tried doing those pulls without a squad to disperse the aggro onto (thus reducing repairs)... well if by some miracle you actually didn't die, your repair bill would certainly be much higher. Thirdly, you mentioned a herc veno? Obviously you didn't have aggro on the bosses then; therefore, once again, you can't compare yourself to the barb who does have aggro on all bosses. Fourth, I actually started my playing days as a barb, so I know eXACTly what I'm talking about; and yeah I've seen 100k+ repairs before on some of the slower FC runs where I had aggro most of the time. Repairs got smaller as the squad got faster, naturally. Skills like roar, sunder and flesh ream tend to make sure you take more hits than anybody else in squad, so it goes without saying the repair bill is higher.

Edit: As far as asking for coin as a barb? No, I don't particularly agree with that; but back in ye olde day, if somebody offered to subsidize an FC or RB gamma run for my barb, I certainly wouldn't have said no. Its a fact (get over yourself) barbs really do have rather large repair bills. I've played a lot of classes; clerics (mana), assassin (weapon repair, mostly), archers (arrows), etc, but barb repair bill is definitely the most expensive; hence barb is mostly like to merely break even/lose coin on stuff like BHs and FC.

TL;DR --> Your argument means zilch. Can't make valid comparison between the cost of your repairs & that of a true heavy armor tanker.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    100K isn't even worth squabbling over.. If you can afford to hyper (600K) you should be able to repair yourself. The cost of tanks not DDing should be the cost of the repair, and the cost of DDs DDing is the cost of MP food/arrows consumed from DDing.

Personal expenditure should come from your own wallet, you give up your own resources to benefit yourself (exp).
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Personal expenditure should come from your own wallet, you give up your own resources to benefit yourself (exp).

^ Agreed.
    Bottom line is that barbs should know better. Of course it's a costly class, but if you can't fund it yourself then you're playing the wrong one. Should have alts for money-making (aoe?) and if you don't, then that's your fault for not being able to plan ahead. Demanding extra payment for doing what you're supposed to is pretty jerkly. Basically if you think you can't afford to do a run......then don't do it. b:surrender
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tank FC, I get 10k repairs

You liar, I get 15k repairs on archer from only DDing in TTs b:cold
    The Story

2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)

tl;dr cause I stopped reading there. LOL sins being healers? What has the pixel world come to?

inb4bloodpaintbuff ....

That is a buff >_> not a heal, LOL... Unless they were using tai chi
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You liar, I get 15k repairs on archer from only DDing in TTs b:cold

tl;dr cause I stopped reading there. LOL sins being healers? What has the pixel world come to?

inb4bloodpaintbuff ....

That is a buff >_> not a heal, LOL... Unless they were using tai chi

It`s buff but we dont need more heals in FC... Did clericless FC yesterday, had BP, my charm only ticked once, on that debuffer boss. Oh well, poteto potato, you can argue calling it heal, yet it`s absolutely what it does, heals.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    It`s buff but we dont need more heals in FC... Did clericless FC yesterday, had BP, my charm only ticked once, on that debuffer boss. Oh well, poteto potato, you can argue calling it heal, yet it`s absolutely what it does, heals.

And heals what? You or your squad?

I know BP heals the buffed barb / bm / sin from every attack dealt from it. Its HP steal. Its still not a heal.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pig - Raging Tide
    Pig - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tank FC, I get 10k repairs

LOL????
    i wanna see you doing it, even sin pull after bishop boss, and well i duo FC with cleric
    and get 35-41k repairs and ofc we do all big pulls, dragoon pulls i do 2 to be safe...

but yeah not really needed a barb for FC, just good bm with 6k hp+
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    LOL????
    i wanna see you doing it, even sin pull after bishop boss, and well i duo FC with cleric
    and get 35-41k repairs and ofc we do all big pulls, dragoon pulls i do 2 to be safe...

but yeah not really needed a barb for FC, just good bm with 6k hp+

She can't tank LOL. She squishy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I know BP heals the buffed barb / bm / sin from every attack dealt from it. Its HP steal. Its still not a heal.

It heals the ones getting hit, what else it`s supposed to do? Aoes? Just pot, not like it costs like anything when most bosses go down in spark or two.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Highest repair in fc ive had is about 80k or so, around lvl 7x. But ofc the dd in squad wasnt good at all. More hits you take the higher your repair. Now, where are these squads offering 100k for a barb??? b:dirty Delta was the only place i really was surprised with my repairs, id definently accept a charm+ repair fees for that place b:thanks
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011

It doesn't steal anyones HP, it absorbs damage dealt to heal yourself.

Highest repair for my barb was a 3 hour long FC 157k, which was when my barb was in the low 80s b:sad.

Smallest repair bill was about 5k, which was when my barb couldn't get a hit in pretty much anything silly sin/bms. b:laugh

My sin solos FC for a repair bill of 20k each run so more squaded the less that becomes lowest was about 3.5k repair bill.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    It heals the ones getting hit, what else it`s supposed to do? Aoes? Just pot, not like it costs like anything when most bosses go down in spark or two.

What?

You think I never get hit in FC? You think as soon as I pop sage BoA, all the mobs that the barb or bm carefully gathered don't come pouring over to me, regardless of what said barb or bm does? BP does NOT heal "the ones getting it," it steals HP from mobs when you hit them... and it doesn't work on archers b:angry

Now, with full 100+ parties, I don't have to worry much about getting hit a whole lot because usually the mobs die before they realize it's me they wanna hit. But when I run with parties lower than me? When I run my under-90 friends through? Yeah, I get hit a heck of a lot b:cry