why do i get the feeling these kiddos are gonna destroy assasins?

Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
i dont know why but im really feelin like these guys are gonna **** every assasin?
i just feel like these guys are gonna do way more dmg.

ive been paranoid all day
Post edited by Ahknatn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't know. They prolly don't have the damage to "destroy" sin fast enough. But they do have some interesting skills, tho i dont know all.
  • Miss_Nikko - Lost City
    Miss_Nikko - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I doubt that.

So there's not point to worrying about it, and if by any chace they do more dmg than a sin. OH well there's no point of worring about that either, you still have stealth and i'm sure they are not going to take that away from you... well not anytime soon atleast.

Well my point will be a seekers and a sin are different, like how a bm can out aoe a sin, and how a sin can kill single mobs faster than a bm and so on and so on for each of tha class's.

Each class are unique and serve different purpose and have different style play.
  • Lipinhoboy - Lost City
    Lipinhoboy - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    destruir todos sim
  • Pirotessa - Dreamweaver
    Pirotessa - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Or maybe the Seeker will be more as a mix between the blademaster and the assassin class.

Hovewer I believe that each class have their style of play.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well since seekers can't see sins in stealth mode (only mystics can) and since they can't get 5aps and they don't have stealth I think they will very little to "destroy" the game, but I'm worried if they might replace the barbs though, even though they got replaced anyway by 5aps characters.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont know why but im really feelin like these guys are gonna **** every assasin?

naw, probly not gonna do more damage. assassins are melee DDs, these seekers seem more like a secondary tanker class, just like BMs. not to say that BMs don't have excellent damage dealing capabilities, but it's not the main function of their class. besides, they use the existing swords. compare those stats to daggers, and factor in the fact that many seekers are going to have way more points in vit than seekers.

however, the fact that they have heavy armor, and a def buff, and afew magic attack skills will make them a pro assassin killer without making them a pro BM killer. since BMs also have heavy armor, but can defend agenst magic attacks better with things like the marrow skills and their self skill diamond sutra, seekers will be about equal to them in combat.

but yeah, sins are abit overpowered due to the whole 5.0 aps thing, and it's my belief that seekers are actually being put in as a way of balancing that out. so your feelings are right, and there is finally going to be a class that can put up a good fight without overpowering any other class, or atleast that's my understanding of the situation.

i'm pretty confident what's going on is that the devs realized they made afew mistakes with the tideborn expansion, and decided that changing the tideborn classes themselves would make the people playing the tideborn angry, so instead they decided to make classes that could match them in combat in the next expansion without further making the origional classes look kinda weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
    edited February 2011
    Well since seekers can't see sins in stealth mode (only mystics can)

while i love the idea of a caster that can defend agenst stealthed sins, finally, i would greatly apreciate a source. no disrespect meant at all, and not callin ya a lier, just want to conferm it so i can breath a sigh of relief b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    don't judge a book by its cover

What i mean is that just because their skills look nasty and awesome doesn't mean it would be that powerful
  • skyepersona
    skyepersona Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Remember when the tideborn came out? People said the sins wouldn't be overpowered at all. Now look at em. I'm sure sins are still going to be the numba 1 pvp class after expansion but seekers are going to be hella powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daizengar - Sanctuary
    Daizengar - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One of the Seeker's level 59 skills automatically hits all nearby targets with metal damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. During this time, Seeker can move and use other skills. This skill can damage stealthed sins and reveal them.
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    Ibbies - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    naw, probly not gonna do more damage. assassins are melee DDs, these seekers seem more like a secondary tanker class, just like BMs. not to say that BMs don't have excellent damage dealing capabilities, but it's not the main function of their class. besides, they use the existing swords. compare those stats to daggers, and factor in the fact that many seekers are going to have way more points in vit than seekers.

however, the fact that they have heavy armor, and a def buff, and afew magic attack skills will make them a pro assassin killer without making them a pro BM killer. since BMs also have heavy armor, but can defend agenst magic attacks better with things like the marrow skills and their self skill diamond sutra, seekers will be about equal to them in combat.

but yeah, sins are abit overpowered due to the whole 5.0 aps thing, and it's my belief that seekers are actually being put in as a way of balancing that out. so your feelings are right, and there is finally going to be a class that can put up a good fight without overpowering any other class, or atleast that's my understanding of the situation.

i'm pretty confident what's going on is that the devs realized they made afew mistakes with the tideborn expansion, and decided that changing the tideborn classes themselves would make the people playing the tideborn angry, so instead they decided to make classes that could match them in combat in the next expansion without further making the origional classes look kinda weak.

lol.

1. a bm that uses marrows vs archers/venos/seekers/mystics is a plain dumbass asking to get buttsmexed hard.

2. if dding isnt a bms main function, then wth is? (this is under the assumption that every class can tank except for wizzys)

3. sins are still weak....they just got stealth and 5 aps now....one slip up and they get ripped apart like tissue.

4. if devs really wanted to fix the tb shet theyd nerf dmg/stealth lvl and cap aps so squishys get to live just a little longer.
    edited February 2011
    lol.

1. a bm that uses marrows vs archers/venos/seekers/mystics is a plain dumbass asking to get buttsmexed hard.

2. if dding isnt a bms main function, then wth is? (this is under the assumption that every class can tank except for wizzys)

3. sins are still weak....they just got stealth and 5 aps now....one slip up and they get ripped apart like tissue.

4. if devs really wanted to fix the tb shet theyd nerf dmg/stealth lvl and cap aps so squishys get to live just a little longer.

1. okay ya got me there, i didn't think that one through b:chuckle

2. they're secondary tankers.

3. yeah, so take 5.0 and nerf it, then they still got stealth, so they're still good, but they aren't OP.

4. same as #3. and they already got a skill ta make um live alil longer, tis called deaden nerves^^ so again, just nerf the 5.0 aps, and we're good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    One of the Seeker's level 59 skills automatically hits all nearby targets with metal damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. During this time, Seeker can move and use other skills. This skill can damage stealthed sins and reveal them.
    I realised that after I saw the vid carefully a few times more. That is what I can say is the real "anti-stealth" skill, but still needs sum random target to activate.

Edit: 401 posts <3
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Well since seekers can't see sins in stealth mode (only mystics can) and since they can't get 5aps and they don't have stealth I think they will very little to "destroy" the game, but I'm worried if they might replace the barbs though, even though they got replaced anyway by 5aps characters.....

Mystics can see assassins in stealth?!! b:shockedb:cry
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Wylo - Raging Tide
    Wylo - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Mystics can see assassins in stealth?!! b:shockedb:cry

Its rumoured that one of the Mystics level 79/100 skills will be a buff that allows mystics to see stealthed sins within a 10 meter radius of themselves, even if this is true, 10 meters is not that bad so longs as the sin is careful.

There where similar rumours that seekers also get a buff that allows them to see all sins that are stealthed for 6~7 seconds. But this rumour sort of died out.

Just take it with a pinch of salt, there's no actual proof that this will be a skill, heck the level 79/100 skills haven't even been released in the CN version yet.
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    1. okay ya got me there, i didn't think that one through b:chuckle

2. they're secondary tankers.

3. yeah, so take 5.0 and nerf it, then they still got stealth, so they're still good, but they aren't OP.

4. same as #3. and they already got a skill ta make um live alil longer, tis called deaden nerves^^ so again, just nerf the 5.0 aps, and we're good.

well to tank decently theyd need proper aps and hp (3k hp atm b:surrender)

a sins deaden nerves is nothing, that just means they'll live another 2 seconds longer,.

reason i posted here: none.

XD
    edited February 2011
    well to tank decently theyd need proper aps and hp (3k hp atm b:surrender)

a sins deaden nerves is nothing, that just means they'll live another 2 seconds longer,.

reason i posted here: none.

XD

biuld for a decent BM tanker: heavy armor polearm user with every spare point in vit.

polearm instead of axes cause they got abit better aim, and low aim annoys me. and the vit fer obvious reasons. try it out tho, it actually works quite well, and the lvl 39 skill for poleblade gives good enough damage to usually steal agro. tis a pretty fun biuld^^

EDIT: yeah, deaden nerves don't do much more, however, it gives them a chance ta jump to stealth^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kreuz - Raging Tide
    Kreuz - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2011

EDIT: yeah, deaden nerves don't do much more, however, it gives them a chance ta jump to stealth^^

Or let the charm tick :s
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Or let the charm tick :s

or eat a sandwich
  • subtleintuition
    subtleintuition Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Keep in mind Demon Deaden Nerves stops you from being one shot AND gives you 35% hp back... and with 3aps or higher thats plenty of time to get off a few more hits to kill someone.
  • Ibbies - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Keep in mind Demon Deaden Nerves stops you from being one shot AND gives you 35% hp back... and with 3aps or higher thats plenty of time to get off a few more hits to kill someone.

if the sin almost died they might as well stealth and run away, or wait to renew the assault. ijs
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011

they wont. they dont have many stun/sleep/immobolize/etc skills. i mean they do with the curses/marks of weapon and all, but its limited.

from what i heard seekers are horrible at 1v1s but excel at groups where as sins the vice versa is true. so i guess in a group situation a seeker can catch a sin offguard and put some serious hurt on them, but in a 1v1 situation they cant do much. but we will see in the coming months. sins after all was not considered to be OP when almost EVERYONE except a smart group of ppl thought sins couldnt get 5aps with daggers. but after a few months and the first sin with 5aps poped up they were considered OP. so lets find out what the potential of seekers are.

then again i still highly doubt seekers will be OP. in this game it seems the only chars that get dubbed with the OP tag are ppl that can get 5aps. go figure.
  • TonyAtomic - Raging Tide
    TonyAtomic - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:thanks oh no! You might have to learn how to really pk!?
    jk, but would be nice to see mystic put up a good fight vs a sin in 1vs1. o-o
  • Juggalobeast - Harshlands
    Juggalobeast - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    to reply to some kid saying sins are number 1 pvp class i dont think thats gonna be the case lol what class are sins scared of still.......barbs even with 5.0 same lv sin barb barb whould win n seekers are not replaceing barbs if a good barb isnt around a seeker is same thing as a sucky barb its secondary barb basicly oh back to teh barb sin things a 100+ barb is insane our 2 skills wreck sins o.o Ancestral rage n armageddon n back to seekers there gonna be tough true that,all's i know im gonna read up on the site about teh best build for a seeker(seekers more bm barb mix) n imma use al my oracles when i get back on the game lol i think mystics are gonna be the best class soon least they can see sins or unless u got protection pots that raises ur detection by 25 lv's to see sins lolb:laugh see yall people when im back
    Bereavement is a darkness impenetrable to the imagination of the unbereaved."

"Life is the curse. Sleep is the remission. Death is the cure."//
    two red roses sitting on my coffin, the wind blows, leaving only one
    the world i know disappears...like the setting sun/
    ■Not all scars show, not all wounds heal Sometimes you can't always see The pain someone feels
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riival_Kun - Dreamweaver
    Riival_Kun - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seekers have a skil called lord of swords that is an aoe attack that hits ever 1.5 seconds if a sin is hit by lord of swords they are reavealed which means seekers can fail sins!!
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    seekers have a skil called lord of swords that is an aoe attack that hits ever 1.5 seconds if a sin is hit by lord of swords they are reavealed which means seekers can fail sins!!

/shadow teleport.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Rasgore - Harshlands
    Rasgore - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    everyone seem to forget sin has blood paint 3aps and more that alot of hp they getting back
    RasgoreThE DeStRoYer [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladesDomain - Lost City
    BladesDomain - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    actualy i looked into som stategies.. u will not be able to eficiantly stealth against seekers cuz of the 59 skill that hits aoe strong as barrage of arrows 4 times.. so we will definatly make sure ur either caught off gaurd or dont use shadow escape or anything.. then we have somthing exactly like shadow teliport, but b4 all that we would prolly use the buff to make 1 skill stronger then the rest and after we get u out of stealth and stun u, we use metal dmg then ur practicly screwed at a pinch of hp i play a 78 assassin i feel ya it sux XD