Genie Discussion

Comments

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This might sound crazy adroit,but can you try running your sim changing the 42 to 46. There are potential peculiarities that would allow for 42 to beat 43, but 46 to still win.
    I love drinking tea
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This might sound crazy adroit,but can you try running your sim changing the 42 to 46. There are potential peculiarities that would allow for 42 to beat 43, but 46 to still win.

sure I'll run a simulation later tonight or something :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Logically more lucky points is obviously better for chances. A 46/50 can use all the combinations of lucky points that a 42/50 can to get to 91, and then some. But if you have a near endless supply of spirit and dont want to waste bank space a 42 is still viable.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    For sure, same as you wouldn't chuck away an 89/90 just because a 90/90 has a better chance (reducto ad absurdum). For me what I'm looking for is something close to an optimal method per spirit/time (I'm not that concerned about mirage cost due to the payback from 71 and 81's, however mirages does tie in closely with time), however I'm willing to pay a bit higher spirit for better odds of getting the genie at highers levels too as I have multiple friends with 500mill+ spirit who never level genies, and I'll get them to help out from 70+.

I made 500 genies yesterday and what I have left from those is a 45, 46, 47, 47, 48, all out of 50. Once I have 10 or so, I'll decide how to level them from there to avoid ditching too much spirit. I only had 200mill. I am running pv x 4 atm each day, possibly increasing that to 5, and then 10 soon, but I do want to be as frugal as possible, you never know, variance is high :)
    I love drinking tea
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Well I ran your simulation, I actually found that I gave you the wrong values. The values I gave you were the last ones I simulated, not the most efficient I had found. Below is the most efficient method that I found, but I'll include the other values for reference.

level 10 - 8+
    level 20 - 17+
    level 30 - 26+
    level 40 - 34+
    level 50 - 43+
    level 60 - 52+
    level 70 - 62+
    level 80 - 71+
    level 90 - 81+

Average LP value: 93
    Average Mirage Cost: 23097
    Average SP Cost: 971m (with a standard deviation of 766m SP)
    Average # of 81-90 LP genies: 1.69
    Proportion of these genies that were made with 630m or less spirit is: ~.470

The values that I told you before yielded the following results:

Average Mirage Cost: 24732
    Average SP Cost: 1016m (with a standard deviation of 783m SP)
    Average # of 81-90 LP genies: 1.66
    Proportion of these genies that were made with 630m or less spirit is: ~.456

The strategy that you asked me to try yielded:

Average Mirage Cost: 27936
    Average SP Cost: 1094m (with a standard deviation of 826m SP)
    Average # of 81-90 LP genies: 1.60
    Proportion of these genies that were made with 630m or less spirit is: ~.431

One thing that I'd like to note is that mirage cost should not be neglected. I was originally thinking that it'd be best to be really picky near the start (where the genies are cheap) and then have more room for error later on, but this was not a very good method. I tried a strategy where I threw away any non-perfect genie to level 30, then required it to have at least 90% of possible LP after that. I was very surprised to find that using this method yielded:

Average LP value: 94
    Average Mirage Cost: 151134 <--- not a typo
    Average SP Cost: 2203m (with a standard deviation of 1279m SP)
    Average # of 81-90 LP genies: 1.46
    Proportion of these genies that were made with 630m or less spirit is: ~.239
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    ahhh, what I mean is that mirage cost is fairly negligible IFF you are using a good strategy as you'll grab a load of high end genies to pay you back anyway. Throwing away anything below 30/30 would be crazy imo, costly in time and mirages, even if you had unlimited spirit.

In my opinion, if you use a good strategy, the major limiting factor is time.

Spirit: You can always get friends to help you level genies for the high end levels, removing a huge chunk of spirit cost, or even use some warsong essences (not that they do much)

Mirages: good strategy will pay back a significant portion of the spend anyway. Mirages however does correlate strongly with time, so I would want a fairly good mirage strategy for that reason.
    I love drinking tea
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    OMG!!!!!! I've never been so excited.

I just got SOOOOOOO lucky!!!!!

Used all mirages I had I made 700 genies, following your guide.

Got 7 to level 50.

Then 4 to 60

Then 2 to 70, a 67 and a 68.

The 68 bombed, the 67 rolled an 8. I was expecting to have to start over (which I was expecting anyway, so no big loss).

Then it rolled... 9.... 10...... omg I have a 94/100 genie.

This post is so messy, but I'm soooo pumped right now!!!!!

Thanks for helping with the method adroit :)

Edit:
    Gone for the following setup.
    Base stats, 84 dex, 53vit, 45mag, with dex/mag gear to give 100dex and 61mag.
    Skills
    Wind Force
    Holy Path
    Spark
    Badge
    Fortify
    (standard 5 imo)
    Then the last three:
    Cloud Erupt - demon wiz, I need the chi tbh
    Wind Shield (lvl 10 atm) - always been a fan
    Extreme Poison - 16 seconds of amp just can't be ignored.
    Im not sure this genie has enough survivability for my gear at the moment, so I may well add in AD in place of EP soon (or possibly even for wind shield) for those "oh ***" moments.

Once 105 that will change, and I will almost certainly add Expel in the place of EP/AD. But I'm a ways off that at the moment.

Gear is:
    http://pwcalc.com/f4df50bbf51b81ff
    (don't laugh at the +8 on three pieces an +10 weapon, only made it last week! Oh... or the Glorious Robe: Torment, I can logically back up having that cape still!)
    I love drinking tea
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    OMG!!!!!! I've never been so excited.

I just got SOOOOOOO lucky!!!!!

Used all mirages I had I made 700 genies, following your guide.

Got 7 to level 50.

Then 4 to 60

Then 2 to 70, a 67 and a 68.

The 68 bombed, the 67 rolled an 8. I was expecting to have to start over (which I was expecting anyway, so no big loss).

Then it rolled... 9.... 10...... omg I have a 94/100 genie.

This post is so messy, but I'm soooo pumped right now!!!!!

Thanks for helping with the method adroit :)

Edit:
    Gone for the following setup.
    Base stats, 84 dex, 53vit, 45mag, with dex/mag gear to give 100dex and 61mag.
    Skills
    Wind Force
    Holy Path
    Spark
    Badge
    Fortify
    (standard 5 imo)
    Then the last three:
    Cloud Erupt - demon wiz, I need the chi tbh
    Wind Shield (lvl 10 atm) - always been a fan
    Extreme Poison - 16 seconds of amp just can't be ignored.
    Im not sure this genie has enough survivability for my gear at the moment, so I may well add in AD in place of EP soon (or possibly even for wind shield) for those "oh ***" moments.

Once 105 that will change, and I will almost certainly add Expel in the place of EP/AD. But I'm a ways off that at the moment.

Gear is:
    http://pwcalc.com/f4df50bbf51b81ff
    (don't laugh at the +8 on three pieces an +10 weapon, only made it last week! Oh... or the Glorious Robe: Torment, I can logically back up having that cape still!)

Wow congrats! That is crazy lucky!

It sounds like you have a pretty good plan already for your genie, but if you ever level it up to 104/105, you might want to consider aquaflame armor. It is really a fantastic skill, and is probably one of more core skills now. With sufficient gear (which imo you are right on the border atm.. getting full +10 would definitely put you in this range), aquaflame armor should easily replace expel/domain. If you do decide to get aquaflame, I'd suggest also de-leveling wind shield to level 1.. these skills seem to complement each other very nicely. You would have two skills to reduce damage, AFA which is 53% reduction for 95 energy, and WS which is 18% reduction for 35 energy.. one for big incoming damage.. and one to spam anytime. Anyway congrats on the new genie!
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    I agree its crazy lucky, I was expecting it to be a good 3-6month project, and I'm there in 2 days. It's honestly the first time I've had some immense luck like this in a game, and believe me it has made up for all the bad times!

I noticed AFA, but was put off by the high energy cost and seemingly low benefits, you say 53% reduction, does that mean ecatomb is wrong? It's something I can consider as I'll be 104 reasonably soon, at 55%, and I'm doing PV 5 times off one token each day (need to be corona atm to get sand miasma).

Three quick questions for you to see how your situation relates to mine?
    I definitely agree wind shield lvl1 IFF you have AFA, but can the reduction stack?
    When do you primarily use AFA?
    What kind of opposition do you normally find yourself up against, and fighting with?

I need to try out the S3 armour for a while to make a final decision, its hard to gauge how survivable I am at the moment.
    I would say 80-90% of my deaths atm come from archers, the majority of group pvp on our server right now involves the opposition having 4-6 +12 S3 archers, and as we seem to be heavy on things like BM's and Barbs, I am always one of the top 3 targets and normally target #1. PVP for me is often just, kiting 2-3 +12 archers to survive, and very occasionally getting a hit or two off.

Don't you love it though, when you are kiting from a stupid high DD squad, you holy path away, quickly fire off an undine/spark/*insert fire attack* on to a BM who the two people who are attacking can't kill... Poor BM didn't even know you were there, and he's now dead to the triple teaming... and you fortify/blink away again... scared witless as the archers are lining up their next set of attacks!!!
    PK is <3
    I love drinking tea
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    I agree its crazy lucky, I was expecting it to be a good 3-6month project, and I'm there in 2 days. It's honestly the first time I've had some immense luck like this in a game, and believe me it has made up for all the bad times!

I noticed AFA, but was put off by the high energy cost and seemingly low benefits, you say 53% reduction, does that mean ecatomb is wrong? It's something I can consider as I'll be 104 reasonably soon, at 55%, and I'm doing PV 5 times off one token each day (need to be corona atm to get sand miasma).

Three quick questions for you to see how your situation relates to mine?
    I definitely agree wind shield lvl1 IFF you have AFA, but can the reduction stack?
    When do you primarily use AFA?
    What kind of opposition do you normally find yourself up against, and fighting with?

I need to try out the S3 armour for a while to make a final decision, its hard to gauge how survivable I am at the moment.
    I would say 80-90% of my deaths atm come from archers, the majority of group pvp on our server right now involves the opposition having 4-6 +12 S3 archers, and as we seem to be heavy on things like BM's and Barbs, I am always one of the top 3 targets and normally target #1. PVP for me is often just, kiting 2-3 +12 archers to survive, and very occasionally getting a hit or two off.

Don't you love it though, when you are kiting from a stupid high DD squad, you holy path away, quickly fire off an undine/spark/*insert fire attack* on to a BM who the two people who are attacking can't kill... Poor BM didn't even know you were there, and he's now dead to the triple teaming... and you fortify/blink away again... scared witless as the archers are lining up their next set of attacks!!!
    PK is <3

Haha yeah the description for AFA is wrong (on both ecatomb and in game), the reduction with a 100 dex genie is ~53%. You might also find it interesting that the amp + dmg reduction cannot be purged or purified.. and the icon when you use it shows up as both amp (like dragons) and dmg reduction (like wind shield) simultaneously, and the damage reduction drops out after 10 seconds (where the amp remains for a total of 20 seconds).

To answer your questions
    1. Yes wind shield and AFA do stack, although I rarely stack them
    2. I use AFA in many many situations.. a few examples might be after a bm dragons me (basically cancels out the amp.. take slightly less than regular damage), when I'm getting heavily focused (usually buys me enough hits for a purify), sometimes after a purge if I have a number of people on me.. sometimes if a r9rr char triple sparks and I know I'm going to be taking a number of hits.. basically I use AFA in situations where most people would domain.
    3. Because of my gear, most of the time I only get pvp is when I'm solo and heavily outnumbered.. I'd say a vast majority of my pvp is me self buffed vs 3-7 other people (pretty mixed classes.. eas/sins/bms are probably over-represented though). The classes I pk with are all over the place too.. although I can think of a certain sin + veno + barb that I pk with fairly frequently.

Being stuck in that kind of matchup doesn't really sound like much fun, especially with the way your gear is right now. I'd imagine r9rr +12 archers work through your hp pretty quick, and having that many focusing on you can't be easy :P
    edited April 2013
    So I'm about to be upgrading to r9r3 robes in the next couple days, and am working on getting my citrine gems (I've decided I don't have the patience to merchant for jades for a year, and I'm not a big farmer, I'd rather just go with cits since I can afford those all already)

This will be my build, with some variation likely in the specific stats

I'm mainly interested in tw/nw type pk where I have a dependable source of buffs, so I'm usually not just self buffed (except after purges, of course)

Mainly directing this at Adroit since obviously that's where the AFA experience is, but do you think I'd be tanky enough at that point to switch out AD for AFA or should I keep it as is until I can maybe refine a little more?

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    So I'm about to be upgrading to r9r3 robes in the next couple days, and am working on getting my citrine gems (I've decided I don't have the patience to merchant for jades for a year, and I'm not a big farmer, I'd rather just go with cits since I can afford those all already)

This will be my build, with some variation likely in the specific stats

I'm mainly interested in tw/nw type pk where I have a dependable source of buffs, so I'm usually not just self buffed (except after purges, of course)

Mainly directing this at Adroit since obviously that's where the AFA experience is, but do you think I'd be tanky enough at that point to switch out AD for AFA or should I keep it as is until I can maybe refine a little more?

If I were in your place, I would probably take AFA over domain (if I could only have one or the other).. but just know that it may not save you in every situation. It looks like your buffed stats are fairly similar to my self buff stats (at least concerning physical damage coming in), and I use AFA almost exclusively while I'm self buffed (almost never necessary if I'm buffed).. so if you really are buffed most of the time, we'd likely be using AFA in many of the same ways (and AFA would be invaluable). Even in a case where you were just self buffed, you'd still be relatively close to my purged stats (no stone barrier).. and I am still very tanky without stone barrier if I AFA (usually to buy me enough time for a purify so I can get out of trouble and barrier again). The real issue I'm thinking of is just after you get purged (if a number of people are hitting you), I'm not really sure how that would go. In the earlier cases I mentioned, AFA may as well make me immortal for 10 seconds.. it is almost unheard of that I die during AFA duration (the few exceptions I can think of are usually when I hit it late and I'm already low on hp or something), I generally think of AFA like a guaranteed get out of jail free card. If you were purged though, it'd be more like rolling the dice.. not really sure if you'd make it out or not. Even in the purged case I'd probably still take AFA over domain because of the reduced energy cost and cooldown (I get purged more than once every 3 mins lol).. and you'd still have a reasonable chance of making it out with the damage reduction.

So long story short, yes, I think your gear would be fine to replace AFA with domain. There will always be a few situations that domain will save you that AFA would not, but those situations would likely be rare enough that you'd benefit more from having AFA.

This is a little off topic, but if you can afford it, I think you could really benefit from a +10 sky cover or something, your pdef seems to be pretty low. I also use omalley blessing a majority of the time, and only swap to jones when I'm about to go for a kill (maybe an ult or sutra combo).. if you don't or weren't planning on doing that, it might be something to consider.. there aren't many ways you can get 15 free defense levels :P
    edited April 2013
    If I were in your place, I would probably take AFA over domain (if I could only have one or the other).. but just know that it may not save you in every situation. It looks like your buffed stats are fairly similar to my self buff stats (at least concerning physical damage coming in), and I use AFA almost exclusively while I'm self buffed (almost never necessary if I'm buffed).. so if you really are buffed most of the time, we'd likely be using AFA in many of the same ways (and AFA would be invaluable). Even in a case where you were just self buffed, you'd still be relatively close to my purged stats (no stone barrier).. and I am still very tanky without stone barrier if I AFA (usually to buy me enough time for a purify so I can get out of trouble and barrier again). The real issue I'm thinking of is just after you get purged (if a number of people are hitting you), I'm not really sure how that would go. In the earlier cases I mentioned, AFA may as well make me immortal for 10 seconds.. it is almost unheard of that I die during AFA duration (the few exceptions I can think of are usually when I hit it late and I'm already low on hp or something), I generally think of AFA like a guaranteed get out of jail free card. If you were purged though, it'd be more like rolling the dice.. not really sure if you'd make it out or not. Even in the purged case I'd probably still take AFA over domain because of the reduced energy cost and cooldown (I get purged more than once every 3 mins lol).. and you'd still have a reasonable chance of making it out with the damage reduction.

So long story short, yes, I think your gear would be fine to replace AFA with domain. There will always be a few situations that domain will save you that AFA would not, but those situations would likely be rare enough that you'd benefit more from having AFA.

This is a little off topic, but if you can afford it, I think you could really benefit from a +10 sky cover or something, your pdef seems to be pretty low. I also use omalley blessing a majority of the time, and only swap to jones when I'm about to go for a kill (maybe an ult or sutra combo).. if you don't or weren't planning on doing that, it might be something to consider.. there aren't many ways you can get 15 free defense levels :P

The sky cover is actually my next project, so thanks for confirming. My in game wife is a psy and has one and has said how valuable it is for her survivability, and I don't think I'll have to be as concerned about damage with the spike in magic I'll be getting.

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    A little off topic, but why citrine gems? I believe that exclusive garnets add about the same amount of survivability for an arcane, at about 2mill per rather than 20mill per.
    I guess if you are fighting other arcanes a lot, that might change, but isn't it the LA classes that normally kill you?

Just a couple of calcs from pwicalc, I tried out your gear in exclusive garnets vs citrine gems. (I left the gems in hat and cape just changing the S3 pieces, as you probably have those imbued already, and doubt many people would purge them out)

Your hp goes from 14425 to 12401, an increase of 14%
    Your pdef, depends of course depending on buffs. I'll just write down the % decreases, as the actual pdef value doesn't mean anything by itself.
    purged: 51% vs 57% reduction
    self buffed: 68% vs 73%
    with Demon BM buff and barrier: 74% vs 78%
    Demon BM, barrier and cleric: 77% vs 81%

One mistake a lot of people make when looking at that is say "so its only a 4% decrease in damage when fully buffed"... its not. you are taking 23% of total damage with citrines, and 19% with garnets... so... thats roughly 20% less damage. Even just self buffed its roughly 16% less damage. Lets say an average of 18% less damage?
    14% extra hp vs 18% damage reduction? Its clear that the garnets win vs pure physical, of course the citrines make up for that by defending against magic too, which is why I believe they are about the same defensively.
    The difference in cost right now on HT would be roughly 300million coins. Even if you do believe citrines are better, are they 300million better (thats not far off making something like a S2 sky cover)?

Anyways, I know its off topic, and a bit numbers heavy. Just wanted to throw that out there for you to think about before imbuing 360mil worth of gems in to your gear :)

Side note: I'm excited about getting to level 104 to try out AFA. By then I should have +10'd my armour too and may well have enough survivability to go for it!
    I love drinking tea
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Current Genie

b:surrender My problem is I'm trying to use the same genie for PvP and PvE and I have screwed myself with the Vit/Mag gear (it was fully statted for mag and vit only). Anyway, I recently tossed Cloud Eruption and Frenzy (Enrage), reset my affinities and stats, and then added spark (duh) and expel (for soloing PV). Of course, now I am not getting the full benefit of the genie gear, having restatted so much to dex.

I might toss AD in favor of something else but I am undecided there. I'm ambivalent about replacing all the gear. I don't know if 100 dex is going to be that much better than 70 dex. Not sure what I want to do at this point f:shame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    My Current Genie

b:surrender My problem is I'm trying to use the same genie for PvP and PvE and I have screwed myself with the Vit/Mag gear (it was fully statted for mag and vit only). Anyway, I recently tossed Cloud Eruption and Frenzy (Enrage), reset my affinities and stats, and then added spark (duh) and expel (for soloing PV). Of course, now I am not getting the full benefit of the genie gear, having restatted so much to dex.

I might toss AD in favor of something else but I am undecided there. I'm ambivalent about replacing all the gear. I don't know if 100 dex is going to be that much better than 70 dex. Not sure what I want to do at this point f:shame

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said
    "My problem is I'm trying to use the same genie for PvP and PvE"

difference betwen 70 and 100 can be a lot.
    Its 75% badge of courage chance vs 90%
    79% fire reduc from spark vs 100%
    5seconds vs 6 seconds of fortify (90 dex for this, so get 90 at min)
    6 seconds holy path vs 7 seconds.

Dex genies can afford to be a little low on the mag/vit because of the types of skills we are using. They are often low energy, so we dont need to recover it as quickly.
    The problem comes if you have a dex genie, and try and use all the vit/mag skills (AD/Expel etc) a lot, as you quickly run out of energy, and your genie just doesn't work.

If I were you, I would try and make a primary genie purely for pvp (with either 90 or 100 dex), and then have a cheap pve genie too. Even a 61+ LP genie is fine for something like PV... what do you really need? Expel and cloud erupt? Thats all I use there! So get a crazy high mag genie with some vit for PV, and dont' worry about 1 genie fitting all!!!

As far as the skills you should get, it does depend a lot on your gear, the server, whether you are sage or demon (imo as a demon I need cloud erupt for example, but I can't imagine a sage wasting that affinity on it!).

Bottom line... buy a cheap pve genie, and make your current genie a beast!!!
    I love drinking tea
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:brick I have 2 clean genies (65 and 68 LP Disciplines) that I was saving for alts. I could use one for this purpose. I was hoping to make another 81+ or even 91+ (haha like I will ever be that lucky) and build a new PvP genie from scratch. That's why I am reluctant to trash the Vit/Mag gear on the current one, since I could reset it again later to pure PvE.

Unfortunately, even though I have mirages and warsong essences to level a few hundred genies to level 30, I only have the spirit to take 1 or 2 of those genies to 100.

My luck with genies is terrible. My current "good genies" reached 80/80 (this is the one I linked -- 82/100), 65/70 (now 68/100) and 61/70 (now 65/100). I've got a few 60-70 LP genies sitting around that I could reset, but I dont even have another 71+ b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    I do find that while a lot of the time it's archers that kill me, in a lot of the factions Regicide tends to fight there are as many OP casters as there are archers, and very few OP sins, if any. The cape/hat are actually currently sharded with filler gems as well,

While I considered putting garnets and cits in, or pure garnets, the next thing I'm working on is a sky cover, which shouldn't take more than a couple weeks, including the +10.

Factoring that -behold my fail text chart-
    Purged-Self buffed-Bell-Cleric-Cleric+bell
    With garnets:
    81---81
    With citrines:
    78---77
    % Difference:
    15.8--20.1----18.8

Hp with garnets: 11443
    Hp with citrines: 14227
    % difference: 24.3

I definitely did not do quite the amount of math that I maybe should have before deciding citrines were the better path, but now I'm pretty convinced of it, so at the very least thank you for making me justify my expenditure.
    f:hehe

• Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    well, good man, it seems like you are well in there now. I must admit I would very much enjoy to have that much hp!
    I love drinking tea
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a question about AFA. b:cute

100 dex genie.
    how much is the reduction?
    how much is amplified damage? (the side effect)

anw, I found something interesting with expel and arcane defense.
    maybe it is funny,
    I got attacked by a sin , and then somehow arcane defense active while I expel myself.
    so SEAL is gone, but PHYSICAL IMMUNE still remain 9 sec. lol b:pleased

maybe that sin had Wiz buff , or Condensed Thorn, I dont know exactly how can arc def active there, just a random stuff.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited October 2013
    I believe AFA at 100 dex has a reduction of ~53%, and an amp of a little over 30%. And yeah, getting a purify with expel will keep the phys immune but remove the seal :P
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Eruption Fist - Best Genie Skill 2013
    b:chuckle
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The amp icon from AFA is the same one as HF?
    If AFA replaces HF (think i read that somewhere in this thread o.o), what about HF replacing the AFA amp? Just wondering since it cannot be purged...

Wanted to make a 71+ Longevity for my wizzie, it turned out to be a 84/100 f:cute
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The amp icon from AFA is the same one as HF?
    If AFA replaces HF (think i read that somewhere in this thread o.o), what about HF replacing the AFA amp? Just wondering since it cannot be purged...

Wanted to make a 71+ Longevity for my wizzie, it turned out to be a 84/100 f:cute
    no,
    you will have 2 icon of hf ,
    I already test it with my BM alt.

it cannot be purged <-- yes, indeed b:victory
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    no,
    you will have 2 icon of hf ,
    I already test it with my BM alt.

it cannot be purged <-- yes, indeed b:victory

That makes more sense to me, thank you :3

Still havent decided if i will get that skill tho... ^^
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    So I now have a purge genie (took me a while to find someone selling), but I intend to use this against tankier people in 1v1s or small pvp where nobody on my side can reliably purge.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q3t368&s=5#.UnQF8PmfgXc

So far I really like it, it takes a while to purge.. but when it does it makes some people go from near impossible to kill to one shots in the blink of an eye. I think my favorite use of it so far is with an undine -> sleep -> MS combo.. use it just before the MS finishes channeling. If it purges say.. a full buffed bm, my dmg might go from ~5k to ~15-20k non crit, which makes a bypass extremely easy. It also means that if they want to prevent that from happening.. their only choice is to faith or domain, kinda a win-win either way for me. The genie has enough energy where I can spark immediately after to take advantage of the ninja purge.. and although it only has 80dex (compared to 100 dex on my main genie).. eruption fist also has a mdef reduction which makes undine + 80dex spark + eruption fist amp more than undine + 100dex spark (176% fire res reduction vs 160%). It is also particularly good against opponents if they try to fortify the MS.. because their mdef with fortify debuff + undine + eruption fist + no buffs drops to near zero (like spark combo.. except for fire + water + earth :P) plus fortify got purged so even if MS doesn't kill, they aren't going to resist the stun anymore. The only downside is sleep has a 2 minute cd, so takes a while for it to work.. but if you set it up right it'll almost guarantee a kill when it works (really good for long fights). The regen on the genie isn't bad either, I regen the 80 energy eruption fist costs about every 29 seconds.. which is easy to work with.

I also plan to use the last skill (currently AFA) as a variable skill that I can swap out depending on who I'm fighting (and also wind shield if I need 2 skills swapped out).. so maybe expel vs bm/sin, hos/adrenaline surge vs eps, etc. Anyway, would definitely recommend a purge genie for anyone that enjoys lots of 1v1s or small pk where you don't have anyone that can reliably purge. I still like my other genie for nw/big pk because of largely wind force, the mobility that gives is fantastic. I also couldn't really justify using the genie energy to purge if someone on my side was able to purge w/o genie, so the higher reduction on spark and better defensive skills just make more sense.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So I now have a purge genie (took me a while to find someone selling), but I intend to use this against tankier people in 1v1s or small pvp where nobody on my side can reliably purge.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2q3t368&s=5#.UnQF8PmfgXc

So far I really like it, it takes a while to purge.. but when it does it makes some people go from near impossible to kill to one shots in the blink of an eye. I think my favorite use of it so far is with an undine -> sleep -> MS combo.. use it just before the MS finishes channeling. If it purges say.. a full buffed bm, my dmg might go from ~5k to ~15-20k non crit, which makes a bypass extremely easy. It also means that if they want to prevent that from happening.. their only choice is to faith or domain, kinda a win-win either way for me. The genie has enough energy where I can spark immediately after to take advantage of the ninja purge.. and although it only has 80dex (compared to 100 dex on my main genie).. eruption fist also has a mdef reduction which makes undine + 80dex spark + eruption fist amp more than undine + 100dex spark (176% fire res reduction vs 160%). It is also particularly good against opponents if they try to fortify the MS.. because their mdef with fortify debuff + undine + eruption fist + no buffs drops to near zero (like spark combo.. except for fire + water + earth :P) plus fortify got purged so even if MS doesn't kill, they aren't going to resist the stun anymore. The only downside is sleep has a 2 minute cd, so takes a while for it to work.. but if you set it up right it'll almost guarantee a kill when it works (really good for long fights). The regen on the genie isn't bad either, I regen the 80 energy eruption fist costs about every 29 seconds.. which is easy to work with.

I also plan to use the last skill (currently AFA) as a variable skill that I can swap out depending on who I'm fighting (and also wind shield if I need 2 skills swapped out).. so maybe expel vs bm/sin, hos/adrenaline surge vs eps, etc. Anyway, would definitely recommend a purge genie for anyone that enjoys lots of 1v1s or small pk where you don't have anyone that can reliably purge. I still like my other genie for nw/big pk because of largely wind force, the mobility that gives is fantastic. I also couldn't really justify using the genie energy to purge if someone on my side was able to purge w/o genie, so the higher reduction on spark and better defensive skills just make more sense.

Very good, very good... ah, I'm so tempted right now, there is a 91/100 for sale on dreamweaver that has fist eruption on it still!... but I just bought a 94/100 zeal... and I already have an 83/100 fist eruption genie... alas, I am addicted to genies.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary145
    Sassy/ss_ - Sanctuary145 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    CURRENT:

101 Genie 71 LP

5 str, 41 vit, 103 dex, 50mag

AD lvl 10
    Holypath lvl 10
    Spark lvl 10
    Badge of Courage lvl 10
    Fortify lvl 1
    Extreme Poison lvl 10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.pwcalc.com/16704e0a7739748c
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would having AFA benefit me at all?

Considering replacing badge since I use it so infrequently now due to increased tankiness. Might replace EP with it instead not sure.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    CURRENT:

101 Genie 71 LP

5 str, 41 vit, 103 dex, 50mag

AD lvl 10
    Holypath lvl 10
    Spark lvl 10
    Badge of Courage lvl 10
    Fortify lvl 1
    Extreme Poison lvl 10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.pwcalc.com/16704e0a7739748c
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would having AFA benefit me at all?

Considering replacing badge since I use it so infrequently now due to increased tankiness. Might replace EP with it instead not sure.

Not a bad genie, and I think AFA could definitely benefit you. It isn't going to save you from everything, but taking less than half damage for 10 seconds can no doubt be useful. If I were in your shoes I'd probably drop poison for it, but if you hardly use badge then that may make more sense. I still tend to use badge fairly frequently, generally when someone stuns me while being one hit away from dead (not too uncommon with tele stun) so that I can finish them before their charm ticks again. That said, if you find extreme poison really useful and hardly use badge.. makes no sense to leave a skill on your genie that you don't use :P
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Get an 81+ genie and not be forced to make such a tough decision!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931