PW for MAC

Options
iamfinzel
iamfinzel Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
here is how to run perfect world on a mac

1) go to wine bottler winebottler.kronenberg.org/ or search wine bottler in google
2) download application and mount it.
3) drag and drop wine into applications (you may install wine bottler as well, just drag and drop)
4)here is the fun part... go into applications and open WINE not winebottler... you should see a little wine glass at the top right of the screen. before you can do anything with installation you MUST configure wine. by the way, i closed all those crazy windows when they first popped up, they just got in the way

click on the wineglass and go to configuration... this will setup rest of the program. i had to do this twice due to console errors, not sure why...

5)a new file should have been created in your home directory... now click on the wine glass again and go to "wine tricks" and apply the following by searching and checkboxing:

type "opengl" and check "ddr=opengl"
type "repack" and check "npm=repack"
type "fbo" and check "orm=fbo"
type "pixelshadermode" and check "psm=on"
type "rendertarget" and check "rtlm=auto"
type "glsl" and check "glsl-disable"

now click apply...

6) now you should be able to download the "exe" file and install. use wine and not winebottler.

here are some additional notes:

it should install to your home directory /Wine Files/drive_c/Perfect World Entertainment
the program launcher is under that directory by going to Perfect World International/patcher/patcher.exe

update like you normally would.

at first i couldn't click start without a big fumbled mess of code for an error... i fixed this by going into wine (the wine glass at the top of the screen) and going to configuration... then graphics... then checked "emulate a virtual desktop." i'm running an imac so i set my screen resolution starting out at 1024x768" and then checked apply. when i went back into perfect world and checked the settings i now could get my screen resolution right and did full screen (though it still appeared as a window in mac, lol)

sorry if i'm not the best tutorial writer, i will log on and try to answer questions... hope this helps and PLEASE PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL MAKE A MAC VERSION!!!!
Post edited by iamfinzel on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MAC sucks. b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I sold my mac, best decision of my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Amaze - Lost City
    Amaze - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Macs just arn't worth it, they can't download ***** e.e
    oh my god was i that dumb
    seraphium@tumblr
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This works.... Kind of. Wine works if you're happy enough with the game being installed. It's hardly playable in higher instances if you have to pay attention.

Tip: Bootcamp. Enough said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • hidensity469
    hidensity469 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    "wine tricks" For these WON'T work:

type "opengl" and searched... NO check mark for "ddr=opengl"
    type "repack"and searched... NO check mark for "npm=repack"
    type "fbo"and searched... NO check mark for "orm=fbo"
    type "pixelshadermode"and searched... NO check mark for "psm=on"
    type "rendertarget"and searched... NO check mark for "rtlm=auto"
    type "glsl"and searched... NO check mark for "glsl-disable"

nothing comes up when I click any of these. It just says "Quiet install. You must have accepted the EULA's

Is there something wrong with my wine, or is winetricks just being a stupid P O S??

HELP??