New Procedure for Faction Icon Request

Options

Comments

• leviqq
    leviqq Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    b:angry Why cant i upload a faction icon. i am leader of a level 3 faction but i cant click anything on the page. i cant browse for an image or nothing. plz reply cuz i want a faction icon... otherwise i wasted 12mil
  • Atonia - Dreamweaver
    Atonia - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    leviqq wrote: »
    b:angry Why cant i upload a faction icon. i am leader of a level 3 faction but i cant click anything on the page. i cant browse for an image or nothing. plz reply cuz i want a faction icon... otherwise i wasted 12mil

I replied to this topic in the previous page on how to fix this problem. Here's my quote.
    I myself had the same problem when I went to upload my faction's icon. I submitted a ticket and got a solution and I'm surprised no one has posted that solution here for everyone else to read so that they don't all have to send in tickets.

The solution that worked for me, to un-gray those drop downs was to change the faction leader. I passed the position to my Director, whom I trusted and had them pass the lead back. As soon as I was leader again the drop downs were un-grayed. Apparently it has something to do with the faction lead not registering properly or something. So just pass the position and pass it back then that should fix any problems that anyone is having with uploading. :D

I've had to do this twice now. The first time I hadn't ever submitted an icon before. This last time when I wanted to change my icon I had to switch the lead again. Not sure why it makes you do that... but it does. Easy enough fix though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Gray__ - Harshlands
    __Gray__ - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can someone show me how does a finalized icon looks ? done in Photoshop PS3 ? please.... but all the screen ..not just the icon ....i don`t understand what to erase ......
    Do i erase what i want to be transparent ?
    And whats with that pink colour ? O_O ....
    And what does it mean if the background of an image has a lot of little gray and white squares ? O_O

Please someone reply me
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can someone show me how does a finalized icon looks ? done in Photoshop PS3 ? please.... but all the screen ..not just the icon ....i don`t understand what to erase ......
    Do i erase what i want to be transparent ?
    And whats with that pink colour ? O_O ....
    And what does it mean if the background of an image has a lot of little gray and white squares ? O_O

Please someone reply me
    I don't use Photoshop. I use GIMP instead but they both have pretty much the same steps as far as I'm concerned. (And I'd show you a screen as you requested but, 1) I don't use Photoshop and 2) I'm not at my home PC atm.)

Yes, you erase the parts you want transparent. Wouldn't do you any good to erase the thing you actually wanted to show. ;P When you make something transparent, the "base" background turns into gray and white squares to indicate that it is transparent/there is no color/pixel/whatever there. But don't worry, when you actually save your image, the squares won't show up and it will remain transparent as long as you save it in the right format.

This picture is a good example. The person wants the background gone and transparent but keep the image of the computer/desk so they erase the white background and the shadow of the objects. In the second part of the picture, you can see the gray and white squares. That's just your program telling you, "Oh, there's nothing here. Just transparency!"

As for the pink/fuchsia color...avoid it at all costs like a plague unless it really is a part of your image. In some games, the pink = transparent but in PWI, pink will stay pink!

Anyway, as a tip, a lot of image hosting sites will automatically convert your .bmp into .jpg or something. I have yet to find a website that will host .bmp and keep it the way you want it...if I do find something tho, I'll be sure to share!

Also, one last thing, when you save your icon in the correct formats, I think the background will appear white...but as long as you save it right, it'll show up as transparent when implemented ingame. Not 100% sure...been awhile since I did an icon. x_X;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Gray__ - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thx a lot Yanami you saved me ^^

Your post solved me most of the problems...but i still have 1 little question :

How do i save the image as an .bmp as they request it on the Icon submision ?
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well, I know in GIMP after I save it as "iconnamehere.bmp" (this includes the filetype: .bmp) and save, a little window pops up and I'm able to toggle specific settings for .bmp to fit the requirements for here. I don't remember them from the top of my head though. XD Except the 32-bit thing.

As for how they will work in Photoshop, I don't know. It might work the same way or it might not. I'd search around for you but, gotta get going to work soon. ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Gray__ - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I downloaded the last version of GIMP ... edited the photo ...it has those white/gray squares on the background = the background its transparent right ? ....

QUESTION :

I saved it as .bmp ...in GIMP its easy O_o .... but when i open the image from my desktop( with an other program than gimp or photoshop ) i see the image and black background...does that mean its still transparent?

As for the requirements is 16x16 pixels / 32 bit with .bmp format :)
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I downloaded the last version of GIMP ... edited the photo ...it has those white/gray squares on the background = the background its transparent right ? ....

Yes. Same as Photoshop.

QUESTION :

I saved it as .bmp ...in GIMP its easy O_o .... but when i open the image from my desktop( with an other program than gimp or photoshop ) i see the image and black background...does that mean its still transparent?

I don't know if it is different for each version of an OS or something but I think my background saved as white - but still ended up as transparent.

It's still kinda confusing to me anyway. XD

But yeah, you know even if you submit it now and it's not something you wanted, then you can always resubmit the change whenever you want.

As for the requirements is 16x16 pixels / 32 bit with .bmp format :)

Replies in blue.

Edit: o.o Also, I did a search on the forums just now and noticed there was a wiki page - http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/How_to_Get_a_Faction_Icon

Works same as GIMP, just make sure to watch out for step 7 and make sure stuff matches.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Gray__ - Harshlands
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yanami im sry because im asking you this.....i know everyone`s time is precious ..
    When you aren`t busy could you try and help me with my icon :( .... there are 2 posibilities :
    1) im stupid
    2) the guild icon i want can`t be done right...with transparent background

Could you leave me a pm with your yahoo messenger / skype id ? :(

I feel so stupid because i`m asking you this .... but i don`t want to fail my guild mates

Thx for all the help given.

PS : its no problem if you don`t want or you can`t :) i`l understand
  • Tariff - Raging Tide
    Tariff - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I used paint, on a 16 X 16 pixel grid, saveed as a bmp... like it says to do.
    I hope it works.. been waiting a long time for it to arrive as the guild logo.
    Like 2 weeks -_-
  • Slurth - Harshlands
    Slurth - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I trying upload logo 16x16 32bit Bmp
    but all time got

"There was a problem processing your request. Please try again later."

trying change leader's with director and nothing ;c

HELP ME b:surrender
  • ekruzar
    ekruzar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If the boxes are all greyed out it means that the server hasn't recognized you as a level 3 faction leader yet. To fix this... pass the lead to an alt or a trusted faction member and then pass it back to the original character. After doing this you should be able to go back and submit a faction icon, I did.
  • Slurth - Harshlands
    Slurth - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think now is ok , now just must w8 for apply my icon b:dirty

I trying switch leader to alt , but forgot log off and log in :P
    and i must add icon on my internet explorer on mozilla i got bugs b:sad
  • Sugar_Melon - Heavens Tear
    Sugar_Melon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hi, as of yesterday i sent an Icon in, you have to make sure its BMP file or it will not load along with 16 x 16 size. I went to the website below and converted it from JPG to BMP for free...

http://www.coolutils.com/online/image-converter/

Glad to offer help. GO ARCHHUNT!
    ~Sugar_Melon: ArchHunt Leader
  • SilentGoddes - Sanctuary
    SilentGoddes - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Same problem , this is probably a bug because everyone i know so far, has this problem
  • Killer_Tibor - Dreamweaver
    Killer_Tibor - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    same with me they are grayed out i and i am a level 3 faction leader i want to summit my icon please help
  • ShellyLeigh - Dreamweaver
    ShellyLeigh - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We recently got our faction to lvl 3 on dreamweaver. ANd on our site i tried to put up the entries fixing them in the format that was needed. But they all came out black or white squares with dots, alot of them you could not see on our site. So we couldn't really vote on the ones we wanted because that is how they came out. Would it also show in game like that or will it show what the actual picture is?
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    We recently got our faction to lvl 3 on dreamweaver. ANd on our site i tried to put up the entries fixing them in the format that was needed. But they all came out black or white squares with dots, alot of them you could not see on our site. So we couldn't really vote on the ones we wanted because that is how they came out. Would it also show in game like that or will it show what the actual picture is?

To remedy this, convert ur images to .png. If you're displaying this to make a vote on ur website this is the best possible solution. .png will retain the transparency. Remember this is only for displaying on your website so ur faction members can vote on it. Once the vote is made, go back to the image u have saved and convert to the .bmp 32 bit format.

Images displaying in .bmp 32 bit wont show properly as viewed as u mentioned above. But once converted, and submitted, it will display in-game properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PokerStars - Dreamweaver
    PokerStars - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i have the same problem with the page, is broken or what?b:fatb
    b:cryNeed a solution!
  • Lea_Ann - Dreamweaver
    Lea_Ann - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So dose it cost money and how much? It won't let me submit it, and I have zero gold at this time.
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So why is it that a faction that has a space in the name cannot submit an icon because the faction name is incompatible? What **** is that? If the faction name is incompatible why the H was I allowed to use that as my faction name in the first place?b:shockedb:angryb:cry
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I hope you dont mind me saying this, but the thread needs to be updated with the current cs4/cs5 information b:shutup
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • CandyDancer - Heavens Tear
    CandyDancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So..i tried this new way of doing it and im a lvl 3 faction leader and all...but it still wont let me click the options to enter my icon..so i had to send a ticket anyways!

Sorry but this is pretty lame D:
  • Somberone - Raging Tide
    Somberone - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yeah. this is not ok. im leader of a lvl 3 faction and it wont let me select the option arrows for icon submission. nice streamlining
  • sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I am a leader of a Lv 3 faction w/40 players on Lost City. I tried the new method and I also have all drawdowns greyed out. What do I do?b:puzzled?
  • Jakerubus - Harshlands
    Jakerubus - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    stream line fast yer right

i have tryed for the last month to get the faction icon submited and still it will not except the icon its in 32bit 16mp by 16mp bmp yet everytime i go to send it nothing i have done this on 5 diffrent systems, 3 laptops 1 running vista, 1 runing win7 32bit pro, 1 runing xp, 2 pcs 1 with win 7 pro and the othere windows 7 64bit ult so how can this be faster if it dont work ?

can someone plz help me as i do need to get the faction icon done and am starting to lose pacions with it.

the troble im haveing is a strange one i saved the icon as a 16 by 16 mp bmp 32bit file then go throue all the drop down boxes yes i can get them all there not grayed out but when i hit send nothing it dose nothing exept to reset all the boxes to nothing. i have tryed redoing the icon many time but always the same thing just will not send.

if i need to send a tickett than can a gm plz pm me or post on here where it is i need to go to do that.

thank you jakerubus
    harshlands AIR GEAR faction
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]may japanise anima live forever

b:victory
  • x8cloud8x
    x8cloud8x Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how come when i sent it it hasnt been downloaded yet how long does it take for the faction icon to show up?
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hi,

I have a question? What if you don't have Photoshop? (All I have is the windows program; but then again, art isn't my strong suit. lol) And if not, can I have easy to follow instructions?

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sltryder - Lost City
    Sltryder - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the page worked fine for me the other day. it has to be 15x15 and a BMP to get it to work properly. im just wondering how long its going to take to get it to show up
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Is it me or is something wrong with this page. When I log in and go ot the faction icon submission page all the comboboxes are empty. As in there are no options to select for server, character, etcetera. If you look at the source, they haven't even be populated by any values. So am I expected to manually dump my info in those boxes via some javascript or something?

I'm guessing some server side script is faulty, which sucks.