New Procedure for Faction Icon Request

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Guild Banter
Hey everyone,

Good news! The Faction Icon submission procedure has recently been streamlined significantly; no longer will you have to submit a Customer Service ticket to be able to submit your faction icon!

The new procedure is as follows:

1. Log in to the PWE Site.

2. Click "My Account" at the top of the page.

http://img844.imageshack.us/f/icon1l.jpg/

3. Click "Faction Icon Submission" in the "My Profile" category.

http://img641.imageshack.us/f/icon2e.jpg/

4. Follow the instructions on the page and upload your icon!

http://img683.imageshack.us/f/icon3u.jpg/

Please allow a few weeks for processing, as there are numerous internal steps that must be completed to install your icon.

Also, please remember that icons will only be given to factions that follow the correct naming conventions, which are explained at the Faction Supervisor NPC in Archosaur.

Good luck and enjoy the new system!

---

Player-made tutorial (Thanks to Flixix - Dreamweaver)

Using Photoshop CS3 you must first select the options on the Window menu:
Layers
Channels

bmp1.jpg

Plus what other panels you want or need open. Now get the image, for instance mine is:
spartashield.png

Now go to channels and look at the 3rd option to the left from the bottom of the panel:
newchannel.jpg

The channel will look like this:
alphachannel.jpg

As you will see it is all black, use the erase tool (you can usually just press E). Don't forget to select the RGB, Red, Green, Blue or you will not see the image.
Erase the area inside your image so that the red colour left is what you want to be transparent. Like this:

transparentk.jpg

It may be a pain to select the image so try using the magic wand to either select the image and then erase inside that selection. If the magic wand does not select the right bits then you can instead select the transparent areas, then go to "Select" and option "Inverse" or press: Shift+CTRL+I (as in Ireland)

Now save as a BMP in 32bit as it works better. It will still look like it has a white background but it will not show up in the game. If you open the file up you will notice it still has that alpha channel saved.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Juggla - Dreamweaver
    Juggla - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thier Streamline is not so streamline, I could only imagine what it was before. b:surrender
  • Zameri - Archosaur
    Zameri - Archosaur Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    can you necro a sticky? Cuz if you can i just did. :P

Edit* Nvm guy above me did first

Oh and how long dose it take to recognize you as a level 3 faction leader?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Therefore, Shigofumi
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    1 week does not a necro make. . .

To answer what I think your question is, in my past experience submissions take anywhere from a week to a month to be implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Yoshiko - Raging Tide
    Yoshiko - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Can I put the icon on the clan, with the Russian name?
  • defs
    defs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Noticed the new changes tho i have small problem, im a leader of lv 3 faction yet all the fields are grayed out and im unable to submit the icon.. is this service already running or what :)?
  • Bdgirl - Heavens Tear
    Bdgirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hi there. u are gm and u have to know how to make an guild or faction.can u tell my???pls?b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • Yamathero - Heavens Tear
    Yamathero - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i do wondur how long it will take... i submitted 2 and a half week ago so i hope we will get it soon :D
  • sora17542
    sora17542 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    im a leader of a lvl 3 faction and all the things are grayed out what do i dob:shocked
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Using Photoshop CS3 you must first select the options on the Window menu:
    Layers
    Channels

bmp1.jpg

Plus what other panels you want or need open. Now get the image, for instance mine is:
    spartashield.png

Now go to channels and look at the 3rd option to the left from the bottom of the panel:
    newchannel.jpg

The channel will look like this:
    alphachannel.jpg

As you will see it is all black, use the erase tool (you can usually just press E). Don't forget to select the RGB, Red, Green, Blue or you will not see the image.
    Erase the area inside your image so that the red colour left is what you want to be transparent. Like this:

transparentk.jpg

It may be a pain to select the image so try using the magic wand to either select the image and then erase inside that selection. If the magic wand does not select the right bits then you can instead select the transparent areas, then go to "Select" and option "Inverse" or press: Shift+CTRL+I (as in Ireland)

Now save as a BMP in 32bit as it works better. It will still look like it has a white background but it will not show up in the game. If you open the file up you will notice it still has that alpha channel saved.
  • DeLetar - Sanctuary
    DeLetar - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sora17542 wrote: »
    im a leader of a lvl 3 faction and all the things are grayed out what do i dob:shocked

I am running into the same thing. Does it take time for their system to acknowledge a level 3 faction and it's leader? Anyone know?
    I level the old- fashioned way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I like having the money for skills.
  • BarbsRawr - Sanctuary
    BarbsRawr - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    i Also Have The Same Problem And How Did You Make The Pic (The One As Your Signature?)
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    If anyone needs any help with transparent icons and icons in general please just shoot me a PM on here or in game. I may take a day or two to reply but will always try to help as much as I can. :)
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sora17542 wrote: »
    I am running into the same thing. Does it take time for their system to acknowledge a level 3 faction and it's leader? Anyone know?
    i Also Have The Same Problem And How Did You Make The Pic (The One As Your Signature?)

Solution:
    The only thing you can do is send a support ticket:

- Include a screen- shot of your faction proving it is level 3.
    - Include a screen- shot proving you are the leader of the faction.
    - Include your logo saved as a 16x16 RGB 24/32 bit BMP.

It will still take some weeks before the logo shows up.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • KeldonWargod - Raging Tide
    KeldonWargod - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Solution:

What is e-mail or web address that I can send my info to. I'm having the same problem. Thanks for the help in advance.
  • Mr__Tee - Heavens Tear
    Mr__Tee - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I made a faction named ◄ΩMΣGA► I was wondering if the name could be changed?

Will I have any problems trying to upgrade to lvl3 or submitting a faction icon?

If any of your answers is a yes plese tell me what can I do... I don't want to delete faction

since I already upgrade to lvl 2.

I really need help and I expect a serious answer
  • Incursion - Dreamweaver
    Incursion - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It didn't work for me all the options/drop downs were greyed out. So i had too submit a ticket lol.
  • AlenaJones - Dreamweaver
    AlenaJones - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    SAME WITH ME!!! What do we do?
  • Megamastyx - Dreamweaver
    Megamastyx - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Hi there. u are gm and u have to know how to make an guild or faction.can u tell my???pls?b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender

All you need to do is go to Archosaur and find the Faction Supervisor.
    For a level 1 faction you must pay 100k, for a level 2 faction you must pay 4m, and for a level 3 faction you must pay 10m.b:pleased
    edited December 2010
    It didn't work for me all the options/drop downs were greyed out. So i had too submit a ticket lol.

try editing with adobe.
    edited December 2010
    I made a faction named ◄ΩMΣGA► I was wondering if the name could be changed?

Will I have any problems trying to upgrade to lvl3 or submitting a faction icon?

If any of your answers is a yes plese tell me what can I do... I don't want to delete faction

since I already upgrade to lvl 2.

I really need help and I expect a serious answer

You can always disband it, all you need to do is go to the faction supervisor in Archosaur and disband itb:thanks
  • NiaJade - Harshlands
    NiaJade - Harshlands Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Never mind - was an alt guild and I deleted them...

But question - are spaces allowed in the guild name for the logo - or not?

I see this asked alot..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atonia - Dreamweaver
    Atonia - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2011

I myself had the same problem when I went to upload my faction's icon. I submitted a ticket and got a solution and I'm surprised no one has posted that solution here for everyone else to read so that they don't all have to send in tickets.

The solution that worked for me, to un-gray those drop downs was to change the faction leader. I passed the position to my Director, whom I trusted and had them pass the lead back. As soon as I was leader again the drop downs were un-grayed. Apparently it has something to do with the faction lead not registering properly or something. So just pass the position and pass it back then that should fix any problems that anyone is having with uploading. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Summary:

1. PWE streamlined the service so you no longer have to make a ticket to get your faction icon.

2. People are having problems getting thier faction icons.

3. They report it in forum.

4. PWE staff tells them to make a ticket to get thier faction icon.

Now, my understanding is that you don't have to make a ticket to get your faction icon.

Why is it that some one would redirect a player to make a ticket when they shouldn't have to?

Just fix the issue.

They reported it, now fix it.

If it does not get fixed it totally defeats the purpose behind "streamlining" now dosen't it?

Use common sense.
  • OOBubblesOo - Harshlands
    OOBubblesOo - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Space in name or no space ?

Will a space in the name cause you to NOT get the Fraction Icon?

Does the Leader need to be level 30?
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    defs wrote: »
    Noticed the new changes tho i have small problem, im a leader of lv 3 faction yet all the fields are grayed out and im unable to submit the icon.. is this service already running or what :)?

Yes I had the same problem and submitted a ticket but they treated it as if I was doing something wrong instead of actually looking at what I said and what the page was showing. After spelling it out to them 4 or 5 times they fixed it.
    But last I knew the picture has to be a BMP file and I've seen documentations telling ppl to use other file formats. I have up loaded my faction icon a while ago but haven't heard a word about it since, Not a good way to run a ship if you ask me...
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • weakrthnjesu
    weakrthnjesu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Please help me b:surrender
    I paid 100k + 2kk + 10kk and now I got level 3 of my faction. But why I cant choose a server? https://register.perfectworld.com/account/faction - on this page I wanna choose my server and Character Name but I cant. Why these options unavailable? It doesnt work b:sad

b:surrender
  • weakrthnjesu
    weakrthnjesu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    All you need to do is go to Archosaur and find the Faction Supervisor.
    For a level 1 faction you must pay 100k, for a level 2 faction you must pay 4m, and for a level 3 faction you must pay 10m.b:pleased
    idiot... we have another question - WHY page doesnt working?

2m (level 2) not 4m

Can ANY admin answer for us?!?

Why this page doesnt work? - https://register.perfectworld.com/account/faction
  • Sweetlilmama - Dreamweaver
    Sweetlilmama - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I myself had the same problem when I went to upload my faction's icon. I submitted a ticket and got a solution and I'm surprised no one has posted that solution here for everyone else to read so that they don't all have to send in tickets.

The solution that worked for me, to un-gray those drop downs was to change the faction leader. I passed the position to my Director, whom I trusted and had them pass the lead back. As soon as I was leader again the drop downs were un-grayed. Apparently it has something to do with the faction lead not registering properly or something. So just pass the position and pass it back then that should fix any problems that anyone is having with uploading. :D

IT WORKEDDDD THANK YOUUUU!!!!!b:pleasedb:bye
  • guyzert
    guyzert Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ok so i have searched and looked all over found whining people and dumb answers and difficult words and just enough. In english for one can u make a faction icon if you first start off with a space, 2nd how is it that you submit one if its grayed out, 3rd how in the hell do you do it, so if u can answer my first one ok cool rest are not needed and if a GM could answer me i would reallllllllllllly enjoy that also.b:angryb:sadb:surrender
  • __Gray__ - Harshlands
    __Gray__ - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I did everything the guide explained ...for the faction icon .....but when i want to save it as a .bmp with 32 bit...it doesn`t save....
    Take a look --->

[PHP]http://img233.imageshack.us/f/notsaving.jpg/[/PHP]

b:surrender