Demon/Sage Cleric Skills Spreadsheet

Comments

• __Hysper - Sanctuary
    __Hysper - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Really a good job Hope ^^ It's such a usefull list ;D And yeah it should be sticky :P Thank you :)
  • Qlngfu - Archosaur
    Qlngfu - Archosaur Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    bump for great justice
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thanks to everyone <3
    Well... Just saying...
    I don't think this thread is getting stickied..
    b:sweat

QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    maybe the mods are on vacation again? this definitely needs to be stickied. great job hope.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Sarieanna - Raging Tide
    Sarieanna - Raging Tide Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    BUMP!! So theres no more 123120x threads about this b:chuckle
    I love my sister, Alex <3
    Even though, I taught her more then she taught me. b:cute
    edited September 2010
    maybe the mods are on vacation again? this definitely needs to be stickied. great job hope.

If I had seen this before, I'd have agreed they were on vacation.

Now theres 3 more moderators.. lets see how this goes~!!
    Though they're too busy reading the posts in the new thread to bother with anything else
    b:chuckle

BUMP!! So theres no more 123120x threads about this b:chuckle

Too late
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Celure - Sanctuary
    Celure - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you for this wonderful spread sheet. I am lvl 87 atm and have been beating my head on my desk trying to make a decision. My fiance' is a wizzard and he is drooling on my sheet cause he can't find a wizard one...lol Thanks again and feel free to post any advice on my choice....
  • Celure - Sanctuary
    Celure - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Cyrana, lvl 87 Cleric...NiteDream Marshall from Sanctuary...forgot to introduce myself :D
    edited October 2010
    Hehe gosh, glad to see this thread still helps people
    b:cute

No problem Cyrana! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Third vote for sticky status....
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sticky request granted :)
    edited October 2010
    Thank you so much for the sticky Frankie.
    I'm glad that finally people won't have to keep on making threads about Demon/Sage skills.
    And thank you all for the support you all have given me for this!

As normal, criticism, comments, and suggestions are always welcome.

I have made a newer version of the spreadsheet which you can see by clicking on the link below.

Its color coded by purple as demon and a peachy like color for sages.
    In the "Demon or Sage" column, I have made it centered in a larger font and in white.
    I hope that helps with seeing it better!

Thank you all once again!
    b:thanks

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0ArBQtFU8iDW5dGQyZmJNNUJLR3kwNmVlU1FfaEtJMnc&hl=en&authkey=CN_2wbYC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you should add whole skill descriptions

many ppl dont notice that every 11 skill is stronger than 10 cause they just read bonus description
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Snowfirerose - Sanctuary
    Snowfirerose - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am glad to see that both sage and demon skills side by side, it will help out a lot to see the different between the too.. I wish this was up sooner but always glad to see it still. b:thanksb:cute
    [SIGPIC] I HAVE RESPECT, HONOR AND DIGNITY AND I AM A WARRIOR PLAN AND SIMPLE....If you expect Respect.... Be the first to Show It![/SIGPIC]
  • AiriaGloris - Archosaur
    AiriaGloris - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nice spreatsheet :)
    thinking of what i will pick if i get to lvl 80 :) b:laugh
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    nice spreatsheet :)
    thinking of what i will pick if i get to lvl 80 :) b:laugh

more like level 89 b:shutup
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    lylfo5 wrote: »
    more like level 89 b:shutup

b:chuckle
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Soo, it's generally respected that Demon is better for PvP, right?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Soo, it's generally respected that Demon is better for PvP, right?

Mostly, because demons have an advantage on a lot of the attacks, and sages have buffs and other things. So generally sages are good for squads and pve mainly. But it's up to the cleric to decide of course. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Mostly, because demons have an advantage on a lot of the attacks, and sages have buffs and other things. So generally sages are good for squads and pve mainly. But it's up to the cleric to decide of course. b:chuckle

Well, the reason I asked is because I noticed that the demon seals have reduced or no self-debuff, which I like. But when I bounced this off my sage cleric friend he said it's pointless since 99.9% of the time you spark(and thus, purge yourself) after using a chromatic/silent seal anyway.

Thoughts on this? :o
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Well, the reason I asked is because I noticed that the demon seals have reduced or no self-debuff, which I like. But when I bounced this off my sage cleric friend he said it's pointless since 99.9% of the time you spark(and thus, purge yourself) after using a chromatic/silent seal anyway.

If you do plan to spark every time, then this is a valid point. I definitely wouldn't waste a spark that soon... especially since everyone ADs the initial barrage.

As I've said a billion times before, these are the skills that made me choose Demon (in no particular order):

Wield Thunder, Spirit's Gift, Tempest, Stream of Rejuvenation, and Ironheart Blessing. To some extent, also Purify and the seals... b:surrender

My point is, choose what you find you will use most about the path. Also, keep in mind how to get some skills. People make decisions without thinking that part through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited December 2010

If you're talking pvp, yeah you usually do spark if you bother to debuff someone. But it's good in tw where you debuff someone or seal them, and can't afford the time to purify. Being a cleric you're always a target. b:chuckle
    The only thing I really liked about sage was the buffs, that's hy I chose demon, since I'm not just buffs. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Mkay, thanks for the input. I shall muse over this further and make an informed decision when the time comes.b:cute
  • Pinkymist - Archosaur
    Pinkymist - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I want to thank everyone here for the information.

I have been wondering about this since i got lvl 60. And since i lvl fast it was really troubling me.

very very usefull TYVM b:cuteb:kissb:cuteb:pleased
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    this thread should be renamed
    "GO DEMON, its better than sage!!!"

that would save the people the time of going through the list themselves.

although to be honest it shouldn't take more than a few glances to come up with that conclusion anyways....
    so i guess it wouldn't be saving them THAT much time...

but i mean seriously... talk about no contest there...
    sage totally got ripped...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • lylfo5
    lylfo5 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sage can be superior in PvP if they know what they are doing. Self Sage IH = alot of burst needed to take down a sage cleric and the insta-purify means you cannot just debuff them with undine strike or other debuffs. Also, sage spark gives damage reduction and they can always channel fast if they cast magic shell on themselves. Not to mention the imba chi skill that all sages get will make it easier for them to use the seals and triple spark.

Its just a matter of choice and playstyle. But you cannot say that sage is superior in pve and demon is superior in pvp. It depends on the person.

Edit:Oh and depends on gear.
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before,but that spreadsheet seems to be missing Wellspring Surge.

(or are my eyes playing tricks on me?)
  • rebeliousbitch
    rebeliousbitch Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i dont know what i should chose. most tell me to go sage but other tell me to go demon.i really dont know even after looking the all the skills so and what people tell me. some one please help me to know what is better and will me and my hubby be able to do the same stuff if he gos demon.. b:puzzled please help
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    this thread should be renamed
    "GO DEMON, its better than sage!!!"

that would save the people the time of going through the list themselves.

although to be honest it shouldn't take more than a few glances to come up with that conclusion anyways....
    so i guess it wouldn't be saving them THAT much time...

but i mean seriously... talk about no contest there...
    sage totally got ripped...

It all depends on your playstle as there are some very good sage skills.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • AztkPrincess - Lost City
    AztkPrincess - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Very useful..ty for the post! now i did my research got 12 sage....vw...12 demon..b:chuckle.what do i do?!!!!b:cryb:cry