How to survive this game without a Herc

Options

Comments

• Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have no prob w lvling get 10% a day..i do only easy stuff like WQ/CS/MQ and grind - farm sub mats sell. i make 1m a day im ok w that. xD

i don't have herc/nix, i will not eitehr have 1 cuz its a game..and i know i wil get bored of it..so waste of time to save up for 1.

if i wanned i can be lvl 100 in no time. but since i have a life and don't spend more then 4-5hr a day. i lvl slow xD

i use normal pets, only pet i have thats a bit special is my Sawfly:/ cuz of his skills.

well i have hear about ppl that have got herc by farm subs-make subs, but u lose 15k if u make sub and sell..better sell mats!

i know ppl that stop play veno..start a clerc lvl it..do alot tts and get coisn for herc. there si so many venos..even w herc u wil ahve pit prob w get squad..

my sis is lvl 100 she have herc..she almot don't get squad cuz they alredy have xD so she haven't got her tt99 yet.

its alot venos on Harslands lol i think 70% of ppl that play is venos! its big prob..also laot sins.. so few clercs- barbs ..so those who are barb/clerc wil get fast squad i think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    volst wrote: »
    Actually cheaper to build a buffed glacial than to to buy a herc. Herc costs 60m+ and the 3 herc skills are only like 30m total.

And work to do dragon teple and try get 2 bless scrols sell for 40m each then u have a herc! o.o 3hr a week. to u get bless. xD u get a herc free.

Herc don't have to cost 75m..can cost 40m if u buy gold w its 100k- 200k each xD i have buy gold for 100- 200k each before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aniella - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe of your HP, but against serious endgame players, even the Nix isn't that impressive. I've onehit high level Sawflys and their Flesh Reams tickle.

xD lol u haven't 1 shot a bee w mag buff and bless? oh + clawb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Maybe of your HP, but against serious endgame players, even the Nix isn't that impressive. I've onehit high level Sawflys and their Flesh Reams tickle.

Everyone so god damned focused on end game. Yeah end game gear is important blah blah blah. But if some people stopped power-leveling and shooting hyper exp stones like they were heroine they might realize something. Half the fun of a game is GETTING to the end game phase. Sawfly works perfectly fine for the range of like.....7-8x and if you stay in the level area for a while and stop being a powerlvling junkie, they might actually have some fun with a perfectly usable ordinary pet.

"serious endgame players"

I always giggle at stuff like that. Its a game, your pixles are stronger than mine, greatXD Have fun with that while i go off and tame my snow hares and cuddle my sable minki. :P I has just as much fun as you :P

Call me noob all you want, but im an advocate of fun. I use a sable minki all i can because its cute and enjoyable to watch, i have a walker too, i just choose to use her as little as possible, although i keep her levled for the hell of it. But oh? I can just farm mats and sell them for 8 hours a day and in three months i'll have a herc and be able to be pro...sure. Or i could hang out with friends go to classes study and not let the pixles control my life. Just a thought.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I always giggle at stuff like that. Its a game, your pixles are stronger than mine, greatXD Have fun with that while i go off and tame my snow hares and cuddle my sable minki. :P I has just as much fun as you :P.

Sounds like your real life sucks?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    who's that trip trapping cross my bridge?
    .........b:bye
  • Quibie - Heavens Tear
    Quibie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Theres one thing i believe...that venos without hercs will never do as good as venos with hercs. At the same time they will still do just fine. People sometimes make it sound as if they will NEVER get into a squad but to tell the truth they do...just not as frequent.

I "really" want a herc, so im gonna make the effort, but im gonna do it at my own pace. For all the venos out there, if you think you can put in the effort to get a herc ..please.. try try try..but if you don't think you can..please..DO NOT let anyone make you feel as if your fail or that your lazy or that your sponging off other people..-stares at tweakz- lmao b:laugh.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @Tweakz; Commenting on what the rl of others must be like only reflects on yours. I may have been gone for some time but i remember your fail attitude. That after all this time you haven't learned to simply enjoy yourself and just pass along what you have learned points to your arrogance. Your "pure mag with herc is the only way to play" rant sickens me. Still promoting the Eldergoth as a must have? There are plenty of ways to play the game, how would an unherc'ed veno slow you down anyway if your level would make your herc the number one choice in any squad you were in? Does it die often on you? Are you a slow leveler? Is back up so necessary you will be held back by having an unherc'ed veno in your squad? You're telling me that if a veno shows up with a scorp that's got Claw, Howl and a couple of bashes you wouldn't consider his/her pet a good adition? If an herc was needed don't you have one already?

But i'm guessing uberpro endgame squads probably require several hercs AoE grinding at the same time... Give it up. I'll grant you hercs are the most effective pet available but that still won't make them attractive to some venos and some of us CHOOSE not to go through the trouble of getting one. If you have a problem with that simply boot any veno that squads with you the second you find out he/she didn't bring an herc, as i'm sure you already do. Worried about other players being misled and the reputation of venos being ruined? Then you're more than welcome to voice your opinions but keep it in respectful terms, this is a forum not a fish market.

There's nothing more disapointing than an herc'ed veno failing and i've seen this far more often than unherc'ed venos wiping squads. The animosity towards veno has mostly been fueled by herc's soloing ability and nixes abusing the ream bug so i would say there's room to debate who's ruining who's reputation. Some of us like being part of squads and not having starring roles in them which ultimately make it more boring for other players... Or do you think good DDs don't have to gimp their damage when an herc is tanking? Or would you rather have someone with uber gear walking you through an instance than have a go at it with same leveled/geared people? Really mate, give it a rest, forums are open to all and your flaming everyone that doesn't agree with you really got old a long time ago...
  • Golem_MB - Raging Tide
    Golem_MB - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well I figuire it like this. If you needed Herc to play through the game then well this wouldn't be a fair game. b:chuckle Herc is a luxary, just like every other mount, aerogear and, what not useless fashion. You want the money don't buy **** cept for nessary skills and pots. When your happy with your money then buy the extras.

Personally, My veno is level 32 and bought over 600k worth of useless stuff. Now back to leveling :) b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://www.otakuwiki.com/images/thumb/4/4b/Harada01.jpg/150px-Harada01.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Golem_MB lvl 23 -
    Steals coins what else, lol.

Keliska lvl 35 -
    Traveling Mage

Pit_MB aka Exorupture lvl 24 -
    Excorter of Women Toons. Buffs most, one shots rest. xD
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Everyone so god damned focused on end game.

Yeah. I don't think I ever stayed long enough in a game to actually get there... it's got to be the most boring part of a game.

I mean, the grinding phase between the part where the game is still "interesting" (as far as F2P MMO"RP"Gs can be interesting) and the "endgame" is bad enough, but in "endgame" you still grind for god-knows-what items, without even getting a levelup or new skills anymore.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • RawDawg - Heavens Tear
    RawDawg - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The people who have foolishly squandered their money and/or time to obtain something that only has value in a virtual setting now feel the need to belittle those who are strong-willed enough to resist that temptation, in an attempt to feel better about the choice they made. There will always be those who feel that wealth outweighs actual skill, or enjoyment of the game. In the larger scheme of things, who is really the "fail"?
    We're not discussing fashion or all class pets dummy.

I see I have struck a nerve b:laugh
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @Tweakz; Commenting on what the rl of others must be like only reflects on yours. I may have been gone for some time but i remember your fail attitude. That after all this time you haven't learned to simply enjoy yourself and just pass along what you have learned points to your arrogance. Your "pure mag with herc is the only way to play" rant sickens me.

I'm supportive of the HA / -int venos and your constant dishonest attacks annoy me. b:bye
    I see I have struck a nerve b:laugh

Your last brain cell? b:laugh
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dishonest? LOL You may well support HA -int builds, but as far as AA goes there is only one build good enough for you and if i had one gold for all the times you have called statting anything but mag wasteful i'd be set for endgame in style. However this isn't about your opinions, which you have sometimes defended with sound arguments and in any case are well entitled to voice whatever they are, but about the manner in which you conduct yourself and the contempt you show for those who disagree with you. This is not about your being right, you may have missed that in my post, but about the way you treat your OPINIONS as absolute truths. You cannot prove that pure mag is the best build for arcane veno since it will always come down to subjective factors that include playstyle and personal preference. Now you have crossed the line into claiming that a minimum standard of competence will absolutely require an herc. Way to go, answering my post without actually addressing any of my questions.

As for my "constant attacks" there should always be someone who stands up to bullies. If you want to actually discuss the issue then by all means i would more than welcome that. If you just want to flame then bring it on. b:irritated
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Dishonest? LOL You may well support HA -int builds, but as far as AA goes there is only one build good enough for you and if i had one gold for all the times you have called statting anything but mag wasteful i'd be set for endgame in style.

There you go again with your lying ****.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lying? By all means set the record straight and tell us all about your love for vit venos or is it dex arcane that you endorse? b:sin
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lying? By all means set the record straight and tell us all about your love for vit venos or is it dex arcane that you endorse? b:sin

after all these , ur my favourite venomancer in these foroums b:victoryb:victory
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • KillMeSlowly - Lost City
    KillMeSlowly - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I feel sorry for any veno that feels insecure about not having a Herc.

I admit, at one time in my 30's /40's i wanted a herc, and i wanted a herc really bad. I wanted to be able to solo my own BH'S and HH's and Fb's and blah blah~
    But being who i am.. (>w<), i cannot keep more than 2.5 mil in my bank everrrrr Like seriously guys xD ima shop-o-holic. If i see a piece of fashion i want , im getting it. I have no Self control whats so ever .__." Well after finally spending up the last bit of my 6mil i saved up i became really depressed. Oh im never going to get a herc boo hoo o__o

I then did some research. Read about pets that were good enough replacements. So i got a Shaodu cub. and spent 5-6 Hours in cube leveling it... b:lipcurl

So each time it leveled i realized its phy mag def was getting higher(better..) as well as its Hp. So i was happy :D i decided to make my little bear as "Herc-y" as possible. I spent 2mil in all maxing his DD skills and Phy Def skills and he's even learning Reflect and Bloodhunger soon (reflects dmg and takes HP out of opponent and returns to pet)

I havent learned those skills yet but as of now i can solo my own HH's and my own Bh's (havent tried bh51 yet,that AoE is harsh..my pet is fine its me im worried about Dx (can easily kill fushma though :3)

So yeah As you can probably tell, i kind of have an emotional connection to my pet , i want it to be strong and i want it to succeed and prove others wrong. Im not looking for the pet that everyone wants because it pwns at lvl 1 .__." Im looking for a pet that can grow with me and become strong with me .__." And i found it. I love my junior and im not giving him up for a fat golden monsta with 4 boobies on its back.

( However those of you who DID farmed your own Herc(nix) and worked hard for it to achieve your goal, have allll my respect <3 ) b:cuteb:pleased /End Rant :3

-EDIT-
    I forgot To mention That im Dex built. I kill mobs my lvl in 1-3 shots and when i quest(Swamps....you know...How the mobs there are all bunchied up..) my bear can aggro a whole area up to 7mobs no problem and live :3 ...So dont say hercs are uber fast o__o Cuz they arent so much.. Hercs could probably do the same exact thing.. But how good of a DD are Hercs ;)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

I admit, at one time in my 30's /40's i wanted a herc, and i wanted a herc really bad. I wanted to be able to solo my own BH'S and HH's and Fb's and blah blah~
    But being who i am.. (>w<), i cannot keep more than 2.5 mil in my bank everrrrr Like seriously guys xD ima shop-o-holic. If i see a piece of fashion i want , im getting it. I have no Self control whats so ever .__." Well after finally spending up the last bit of my 6mil i saved up i became really depressed. Oh im never going to get a herc boo hoo o__o

I then did some research. Read about pets that were good enough replacements. So i got a Shaodu cub. and spent 5-6 Hours in cube leveling it... b:lipcurl

So each time it leveled i realized its phy mag def was getting higher(better..) as well as its Hp. So i was happy :D i decided to make my little bear as "Herc-y" as possible. I spent 2mil in all maxing his DD skills and Phy Def skills and he's even learning Reflect and Bloodhunger soon (reflects dmg and takes HP out of opponent and returns to pet)

I havent learned those skills yet but as of now i can solo my own HH's and my own Bh's (havent tried bh51 yet,that AoE is harsh..my pet is fine its me im worried about Dx (can easily kill fushma though :3)

So yeah As you can probably tell, i kind of have an emotional connection to my pet , i want it to be strong and i want it to succeed and prove others wrong. Im not looking for the pet that everyone wants because it pwns at lvl 1 .__." Im looking for a pet that can grow with me and become strong with me .__." And i found it. I love my junior and im not giving him up for a fat golden monsta with 4 boobies on its back.

( However those of you who DID farmed your own Herc(nix) and worked hard for it to achieve your goal, have allll my respect <3 ) b:cuteb:pleased /End Rant :3

-EDIT-
    I forgot To mention That im Dex built. I kill mobs my lvl in 1-3 shots and when i quest(Swamps....you know...How the mobs there are all bunchied up..) my bear can aggro a whole area up to 7mobs no problem and live :3 ...So dont say hercs are uber fast o__o Cuz they arent so much.. Hercs could probably do the same exact thing.. But how good of a DD are Hercs ;)

+1 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Well said.
    I couldn't have said it better. I completely agree with you.
    What's the point of spending so much for something you don't like for the sake of others? Just because it's the best tank and people expect you to have it.
    I'm really happy with my little Shaodu Cub as well as with my other pets. I also love using different pets for different situations and that makes the game even more fun. Besides, Hercules is just the best tank is not the best everything. There are better pets to use for pulling, DD and support.

Venomancers were designed to need pets in order to fight and survive. They weren't designed to need Hercules in order to do the above.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Magichamsta pet > Hercules
    b:avoid
    except in the ability to tank stuff.
    b:chuckle
    Unless me be Tankhamsta with Over Nine Thousand! Zen.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options

Just because I don't recommend vit for venos, doesn't mean I knock every other build. Can you quit acting butt hurt and dishonest over being called out on your own fail build unrelated to this topic? -pathetic troll loser.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My two main pets are a volcanic magmite, and my starter wolf, both of which are my level.

I'll never get a herc. 1) I probably will never have that kind of money.

2) I play for myself, not anyone else. I don't want a herc. They're ugly, and I don't see the point of getting one when I have friends who would gladly tank things for me.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • ApplePie_ - Heavens Tear
    ApplePie_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Just because I don't recommend vit for venos, doesn't mean I knock every other build. Can you quit acting butt hurt and dishonest over being called out on your own fail build unrelated to this topic? -pathetic troll loser.

OMG U DONT RECOMMEND VIT FOR VENOS O_O... UR THE FAIL U ****** xDDD b:laugh
  • scooterwolf1
    scooterwolf1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Veno without a herc = Fails Hell No
    i say it make you better veno if u dont have one * u learn what u can and cant do *
    each and every veno on here is diffrent in their own way from AA to HA builds
    to having a herc or no herc
    i for one arnt gonna go out and get a herc just because *Someone says i should or its better for tanking * that may be if u have the money or coinage for one
    MY veno is mine and i play her the way i want too and have fun doing so * half the fun is seeing if u can tank that elite or boss or die trying too b:laugh
    you can survive this game without a herc with the pets you can tame in the game

play to your skills and that of your pets u will do fine
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Veno without a herc = Fails Hell No
    i say it make you better veno if u dont have one

-Fail b:bye
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I started this game on HT server before hercs and nixes came out and remember tanking HH (TT) 1-1, 1-2 with a magmite and 2/3 venos healing it. Fun times and plenty of squad wipes, but it made me THINK and have to use my skill to survive. In the long run I feel i'm a better veno for those memorable experiences.

That said...Having a herc makes a venos life much easier.

When I started doing FC (FF) seriously to lvl at 85-90, it was very difficult to find a squad that would take me til i got my herc at lvl 90. Why? cos there are too many freaking LAZY ppl out there that want a herc to tank the bosses (they can tank all but one in FC).

Same goes for FB and BH etc. I can't tell you how many times a barb has said to me: you have a herc, they are made for tanking...and then they refuse to tank, even though their class is made for tanking!

Nothing annoys me more than a lazy barb.

Anyway...if you don't get a herc, get used to not being invited to future high lvl instances that would make lvling faster, but not necessary.

PS: Vit arcane build FTW!b:victory
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Same goes for FB and BH etc. I can't tell you how many times a barb has said to me: you have a herc, they are made for tanking...and then they refuse to tank, even though their class is made for tanking!

Nothing annoys me more than a lazy barb.

Nothing like a lazy self centered veno to increase hate of venos in general, and steer players away from playing Barbs. You need Barbs, they don't need you. -Might wanna think about that.
  • ApplePie_ - Heavens Tear
    ApplePie_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweak has problems xDD he thinks hes better than anyone who doesnt have a herc lmaooooo. He claims that that venos without hercs are sponging LMAOOOOO CAN U BELIEVE THAT XDD get a life u d1ckwad b:chuckle. You come on forums talking all high and mighty but we know that your just one of those people whos wholeeeeeee life revolves around mmorpg's XDDD. Wanna hear a secret tweakz, huh? do yah? PEOPLE HAVE LIVES ON THIS GAME...apparently you dont b:surrender ohhh too bad..soo saddd b:sad. I wish you luck worthless person (tweakz ) b:cute, in stead of calling people fail cause they dont have hercs WHY DONT YOU BUY THEM ALLL ONE SO YOU FEEL BETTER HAHAHAHAHAHA since it bothers you soooooooooooooo much buy them the damn berc and stop calling people fail you **** head.

note: THE WORST TYPE OF FAILS ARE THE ONES THAT DONT REALIZE THEY ARE ONE XDD.

I read your posts tweakz and i giggle my a$$ off xDDD YOU REALLY ARE A >FAIL< AND DONT EVEN REALIZE IT XDDD...thats just sad papi :(.

ONE WORD = HYPOCRITE

Anyone who has been playing this game long enough >HAS TO KNOW..WITHOUT A DOUBT< that vit increases survivability and YOU tweak thinks that vit is not good for venos HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA -pauses- HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

-gasps for air- I MEAN...SERIOUSLY YO..HAHAHAHAHAH thats the funniest thing ive ever heard on this game AND YOU'RE CALLING PEOPLE FAIL..HAHAHAHAHA

-falls off chair- THIS IS HILARIOUS ...

oh wait let me guess you want people to shard their gear with countless garnet gems and stones of savant and refine +12 equiment... ohh ohh and put all their points into mag right?

LMAOO MY BAD, I GUESS I MUST BE THE POOREST PERSON ON THIS GAME XDDD CAUSE ALL OF THAT UP THERE PLUS COST OF EQUIPMENT AND OTHER COSTS PASS THE BILLIONS...or maybe you forgot about those xD

lmaooooooooo..okay im done im done...my closing statements.

tweakz, your so pathetic you make me wanna take a dump just thinking about you
  • MindCrime - Harshlands
    MindCrime - Harshlands Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nothing like a lazy self centered veno to increase hate of venos in general, and steer players away from playing Barbs. You need Barbs, they don't need you. -Might wanna think about that.

LOL. You misread everyone's posts and make ridiculous assumptions it seems.

Are barbs necessary in this game? YES. What do think the gist of my post was about.

They are the tank class, obviously, and hercs can't tank everything.

Do I mind tanking things? No. But I am annoyed by barbs that always take the easy way out and EXPECT the veno with herc to tank all.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweakz... did you just imply that a barb not wanting to do, uh, the job their class was created for has somehow more of an excuse for their behavior than does a veno who doesn't want to spend outrageous coin on a luxury pet just so that aforementioned barb can come along and ask the veno (hint, hint: NOT A TANKING CLASS) to do their job for them?

tell me you didn't just imply that. or better yet, tell me you DID, so i can file you in the "professional troll" department and ignore you from here on out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.