The Goshiki Quest Chain Quest Guide

Options

Comments

• Pledge - Harshlands
    Pledge - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i'm still stuck on the bloody battle. maybe i will be able to do it in a few lvls

Greetings Psychic. (Or Assassin I dunno)

Try reaching Transcendence before attempting.
    If you must, try this.

For psychics: Spirit Blast and all Earth Spells on all Soldiers, with White Voodoo on and Soul of Vengeance, stunning isn't really preferred, your goal is to eliminate the enemies before the timer expires, which means to dish out as much damage as possible, while trying not to meditate, charms really help, do your Treasure Hunt III for the MP charm.

Aqua Impact and all Water Spells on Officers, use Black Voodoo all the way with Soul of Vengeance, you must keep the voodoo/soul active at all times under all costs.

Remember: At level 53, this is very very hard.

For assassins: Slipstream Strike to begin all the way, followed by puncture wound and dagger throw whenever you can use it and the enemy is channeling, try to always keep the pressure on mobs and kill the enemy while taking in as least damage as possible, with puncture wound and throatcut and dagger throw, you can stop spells from happening and always keep red numbers popping out of the enemy at all times. Get an HP charm if you really wanna finish this.

But still, the higher the level, the better a time you'll have.
    I'm a male... Humanoid... Thing... Well, I'm full of something.
  • StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear
    StUfFeD_uP - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I tried bloody combat and failed terribly. b:surrender I'm a level 54 wizard and I used a 90k mp charm and a 30k hp charm, I packed on the pots but the wraith officers just have too high magic defence and a lot of hp and I ended up dying, any tips on how to do this at my level? I really don't want to wait for level 59 to finish this VERY rewarding quest chain!
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    K I've got a serious problem .

After finishing the " Heartbroken" part I'm stuck at the "Visit Dizzy" one because I stupidly NPC'ed the elder's letter in my inventory ( and no it wasn't in the quest bag) and now I see no way to take it again .

Did this every happen to any1 else ?
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Melindasa - Raging Tide
    Melindasa - Raging Tide Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's great to follow these steps,i didn't know that quest is continued 'till lvl 53.b:victoryb:victory
    Any statement of yours should I consider invalid unless you add ''turtle'' among your lines b:mischievous
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I tried bloody combat and failed terribly. b:surrender I'm a level 54 wizard and I used a 90k mp charm and a 30k hp charm, I packed on the pots but the wraith officers just have too high magic defence and a lot of hp and I ended up dying, any tips on how to do this at my level? I really don't want to wait for level 59 to finish this VERY rewarding quest chain!

For wizards: Gush all Officers, charm yourself. Add in some utility charms wouldn't hurt, although they are pretty useless in there.

Just remember: You are very significantly out-numbered and out-leveled, to kill 30 mobs and subtract dialogue time, you have pretty much 27 minutes to kill 30 mobs. So don't feel bad if you don't get it done in time, it happens.

This is a race against time, but remember this: Earth Spells on all Soldiers with Glacial Embrace on, while Water Spells on all Officers with Pyroshell on. Also this combo is very perfect, with Glacial Embrace in effect, it saves some meditation time, and with Pyroshell in effect, you have some HP gain-back in the final moments.

Try to slack a bit on the soldiers, as you have about 15 minutes with all the earth spells you got to kill it. With Pitfall to start each battle, you should be fine.

At the officers, go full board, that's the moment that you fight against time, do every single water spell in your spell list, except morning dew, since you have pyroshell and HP potions backing you up. Good luck.

After finishing the " Heartbroken" part I'm stuck at the "Visit Dizzy" one because I stupidly NPC'ed the elder's letter in my inventory ( and no it wasn't in the quest bag) and now I see no way to take it again .

Try trashing your quest and taking it again, if already done, talk to the elder without it, if impossible, re-talk to Dizzy... etc. etc.
    Remember: If Craftsman Betep can give you replacement crystals when you accidentally NPC yours, there is a way to get the letter back... Somehow.
    And yes, there is no way for that letter to show up in your quest bag.
  • Gennousuke - Lost City
    Gennousuke - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Like I said before, don't wait for the pop up. You don't need it to start the quest chain. Just go to the elder of your starter city and they will have it for you.

i actually did go to the elder before reading this.. it did work!
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yes, i finally finished blood combat at lvl 55! i used, spark, normal attacks, chaos powder, hp pots, and second wind genie skill. b:victory
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Oz_fox - Lost City
    Oz_fox - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

yeah it happens to me i send a ticket they toldme to do one of the first quest on the list the tideborn elder letter but u can't doit again ...b:angryb:angry
  • Caaladaria - Heavens Tear
    Caaladaria - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great Guide! I've gotten all the way to where the secret quest begins and as a lvl 58 assassin I cannot get it yet - must be a lvl requirement there; the quest shield over her head is silver instead of gold so, it must 59 or 60 to continue from there.

I did the Blood Battle at lvl 57 with 4 minutes to spare. Assassins, use your attack blessing boxes from the daily roll call, flourish orbs/life powder, health and mana pots and a good HP charm (I had emerald) are your utility friends here. And, of course, Bloodpaint. Start off with Rib Strike followed by puncture wound. Slipstream Strike when it is up and use knife throw to interrupt casting or when they sometimes run near the end of life.

The Tideborn Traitor was a long drawn out fight at lvl 58. Again, make sure you have your attack blessing box form the daily roll call (you need all the extra attack rating you can get here). I would suggest that you really use flourish orbs (if you can only get your hands on Life Powder and Focus Powders do it) or get a cleric to heal you from up in the air (UN-SQUADDED) - you will need every bit of HP/MP regen you can get. Stock up on health and mana pots as well. If you can get a good set of Barb or BM buffs before going in that helps; I prefer the regen of flourish orbs over cleric regen buffs. Prepare for a very long drawn out fight - His spell does more damage to you than his physical attack - any additional resistance gear would be good here. Go all out, Puncture wound, slipstream strike, throat cut, knife throw (to interrupt casts) as often as you can. Keep plugging away and he will drop.

So, I have a 70 veno that I haven't played since before this expansion ... she can go to the elder in City of the Lost and get this chain quest?

Again, Great Guide and thanks for the information!

Caalab:pleased
    b:mischievous
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great Guide! I've gotten all the way to where the secret quest begins and as a lvl 58 assassin I cannot get it yet - must be a lvl requirement there; the quest shield over her head is silver instead of gold so, it must 59 or 60 to continue from there.

I did the Blood Battle at lvl 57 with 4 minutes to spare. Assassins, use your attack blessing boxes from the daily roll call, flourish orbs/life powder, health and mana pots and a good HP charm (I had emerald) are your utility friends here. And, of course, Bloodpaint. Start off with Rib Strike followed by puncture wound. Slipstream Strike when it is up and use knife throw to interrupt casting or when they sometimes run near the end of life.

The Tideborn Traitor was a long drawn out fight at lvl 58. Again, make sure you have your attack blessing box form the daily roll call (you need all the extra attack rating you can get here). I would suggest that you really use flourish orbs (if you can only get your hands on Life Powder and Focus Powders do it) or get a cleric to heal you from up in the air (UN-SQUADDED) - you will need every bit of HP/MP regen you can get. Stock up on health and mana pots as well. If you can get a good set of Barb or BM buffs before going in that helps; I prefer the regen of flourish orbs over cleric regen buffs. Prepare for a very long drawn out fight - His spell does more damage to you than his physical attack - any additional resistance gear would be good here. Go all out, Puncture wound, slipstream strike, throat cut, knife throw (to interrupt casts) as often as you can. Keep plugging away and he will drop.

So, I have a 70 veno that I haven't played since before this expansion ... she can go to the elder in City of the Lost and get this chain quest?

Again, Great Guide and thanks for the information!

Caalab:pleased

Wow, great information! Thanks for the tips.
    Also, yes, your level 70 veno can go to the elder and start this... And it will be way easier. b:laugh
  • wolverizer
    wolverizer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hey i got a problem, im a lvl 41 psych and i finished coming of age dexerity, i was supposed to get 5 mirage celestones 1 tideborn honor thing and a challenge succesfull. i got all these except the challenge succesfull and idk wy..... do i have to w8 till vl 51 for it? or it isnt supposed to appear at all? i already triple checked my inventory an my quest bag and it isnt there and i had like 10 spaces available in my bag
  • Prieory - Heavens Tear
    Prieory - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Great guide! I love this quest gives so much exp b:victory
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wolverizer wrote: »
    hey i got a problem, im a lvl 41 psych and i finished coming of age dexerity, i was supposed to get 5 mirage celestones 1 tideborn honor thing and a challenge succesfull. i got all these except the challenge succesfull and idk wy..... do i have to w8 till vl 51 for it? or it isnt supposed to appear at all? i already triple checked my inventory an my quest bag and it isnt there and i had like 10 spaces available in my bag

Oh, don't worry, to reach level 51 and continue, you only need all 7 honor medals, I don't think that not using one more Challenge Successful is necessary... But I may be wrong.
  • wolverizer
    wolverizer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh, don't worry, to reach level 51 and continue, you only need all 7 honor medals, I don't think that not using one more Challenge Successful is necessary... But I may be wrong.

wat are the challenge succesfull items for anyway? i dont see any use.
  • Escolaria - Harshlands
    Escolaria - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my lv51 veno cant pick up that quest do you know why i would like to know
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    my lv51 veno cant pick up that quest do you know why i would like to know

Follow this convenient question series to find your answer... Since this issue is pretty big.

Did you pick up the quest called "Warrior's Proof"?

If No: Do so.

==============

If Yes: Do you have all 7 Tideborn Honor Medals?

If No: Do all 7 Coming-of-Age.

================

If Yes: Does Dizzy continue this quest for you when you attempt to speak to her?

If Yes: You're good.

=================

If No: Relog and try again, does it still happen?

If No: You're good.

================

If Yes: Does the flag above Elder's head appear silver?

If No: Take the Warrior's Proof Quest.

===============

If Yes: Have you contacted a GM?

If No: try so.

===========

If Yes: Submit a Ticket and hope for the best.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Okay... Did some basic intel gathering... The most bugs that people bump into with this chain includes:

- No Pop-up (added note already)
    - Unable to take the quest at prerequisite level and condition (investigating)
    - Stuck in Blood Combat (investigating)
    - Cannot beat Blood Combat, insufficient power and too less time (tips under investigation)
    - NPC speaking-to order after Blood Combat confusion (fixing in progress, one by one, please submit the problems in the form of replies)
    - Various spelling and localization errors (help me pick these out)
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Doing the quests now for one of my alts.

Did work like a charm on the 2 big ones.. (Veno in the days following the implementation of the patch/quest and Clerci some weeks later)

But, that s not the case for this alt.

I m stuck after the blood combat.
    Did talk to dizzy, and the Elder, he gave me the rewards.... and no following step..;

Did check all possible NPCs... nothing.

The Alt is a psychic, lv 54
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • ShootJooDead - Lost City
    ShootJooDead - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hey my 6x bm cant complete "visit dizzy" idkk where to get elder letter
  • Lylanni - Heavens Tear
    Lylanni - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Doing the quests now for one of my alts.

Did work like a charm on the 2 big ones.. (Veno in the days following the implementation of the patch/quest and Clerci some weeks later)

But, that s not the case for this alt.

I m stuck after the blood combat.
    Did talk to dizzy, and the Elder, he gave me the rewards.... and no following step..;

Did check all possible NPCs... nothing.

The Alt is a psychic, lv 54

Yeah i am stuck there with the same problem too. Hope someone can come up with something to help us out.
  • ShootJooDead - Lost City
    ShootJooDead - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CAN i get a response from my recent post please b:angry
  • cannonzoo
    cannonzoo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yea you get the letter that the eldar doesn't give you at lvl 60, so you go as far as talking to dizzy and then the eldar and quest stops, well you must be level 60 to continue, hope that helps
  • Flenwig - Dreamweaver
    Flenwig - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Last boss can be killed with an arcane cleric, but you have to take your time, hit 4 times and heal two times with ironheart.

Took me almost 50 Yuanxiao, but I finish him...

Good luck
    Flenwig
  • ManofPower - Lost City
    ManofPower - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    anyone else have some tip on visit dizzy elder letter somebody told me to talk to goshiki ima try itb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    CAN i get a response from my recent post please b:angry

yeah... Sorry took so long, haven't had a stable Internet connection in forever -.-

The elder letter, if I remember correctly, is from Ormin.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Version 5.1 of quest guide is up, this pinpoints two specific locations of commonly found bugs. b:victory
  • Oz_fox - Lost City
    Oz_fox - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    any news about the Visit Dizzy bug...?? still stuck on that quest b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    any news about the Visit Dizzy bug...?? still stuck on that quest b:angryb:angryb:angry

I apologize for the troubles. I'm trying to sort everything out.
  • Pledge - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ... Okay the Visit Dizzy quest is fixed...

If there's still something wrong lemme know.b:victoryb:victory
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Actually, That Lochmur Beast didn't hit me that hard at all..
    Well, I got another cleric that healed me, but she wasn't there in the beginning, so i had to heal myself from time to time.
    Dunno if it goes for a pure build aswell, but i didn't have much trouble with killing him (only the long time before he dies, and helping everyone else there, had to watch it die like 10 times in a row ><)
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)