Lunar glade (revamped) guide

Ninnuam - Sanctuary
Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Dungeons & Tactics
[Intro]

At the moment of writing, only one of the possible scenarios is available, Humorum MP mode.

It costs a total of 3 mil to open, so every squad member should trade 500k to the squad leader before starting.

As a rule of thumb, a good squad setup is barb, cleric (or two), bm, archer, wiz.
Venos are handy as always, but for once far from needed and having an extra zhenner makes it go a lot faster. Just personal observation, nothing against venos =P Mobs don't exactly hit hard, but have a ton of hp, and as such I would suggest they be zhenned in groups of 4-5 mobs at a time.

All of the bosses drop a healthy amount of essences, which are used in crafting armor, as well as in making Essence Crystals needed to manufacture the weapons and ornaments.

Only the three final bosses drop Tinders.

Average time of completion is 1.5-2hrs.
[Humorum valley]

Upon entering the Humorum valley, you will be given a hint to kill over half the mobs or the boss will go into frenzy mode. You receive a kill count quest, much like the one in TT 3-1/2.
(this goes for every subsequent valley as well; you have to kill 50%+1 mob before engaging the boss).

The mobs in Humorum valley can freeze, so keep that in mind when pulling new mobs into the zhen AOE. Don't wanna get frozen outside of BB with 3-4 mobs on you =P

Pretty straightforward valley, keep killing mobs until you reach a large room with several totems in it. Clearing it of mobs should get your kill quest counter complete as well.

Here's the important part. This room has two paths leading out of it, one to the left, and one to the right. There is a physical immune tombstone mob on each path. Killing this mob spawns the Humorum valley boss - Genesiac Blink; and depending on which tombstone you kill results in different 2nd valley and different final bosses.

[1.]Right path tombstone
If you opt to kill the right tombstone, you will get metal valley as your 2nd and get Drake Fling as your final boss.
[2.]Left path tombstone
Killing the left tombstone results in poison valley as your 2nd and Relic of Wind as your final boss.
[3.]Both tombstones
Killing both tombstones before killing Genesiac Blink will result in having Cognitum valley as your 2nd valley and Primal Fear as your final boss.

After you kill one of the tombstones (or both if you so choose) backtrack a little bit to the totem area in middle of which awaits...

[Genesiac Blink]
This can either be a very annoying fight, or a walk in the park. As soon as you engage the boss, he spawns 3 adds that circle around him. They have an AOE earth debuff, and can hit pretty hard. The boss itself has a hard hitting short range aoe (one shots a 9x herc) and would normally require two clerics to down normally.

However, there is a trick to him that makes this fight a breeze.
Minimum safe distance from the boss is 26 meters. Have everyone stand outside of that radius and the adds will not aggro. If you have an archer, start by having them sharp tooth the boss. (One archer, not two if you have them because the 2nd sharp tooth would hit the adds). Barbs and bms get to sit this one out.
Everyone else maintain their max range and keep DDing the boss (for venos, this means using ONLY their celestial skills because of range, level 10 skills get you inside mob aggro range). He will randomly curse one party member, but no biggie, a charm ticker at best. Don't use any aoe skills, and he should go down without a hitch.

Special drop: Heart of Genesiac Blink (used in making Amulet of Valor)

Proceed on of the paths, past the stone bridge and talk to the NPC at the end to enter the 2nd valley. Again, which valley that is depends on which tombstone you killed earlier.

There is a Summonbot next to the NPC - Jaden Rutiodon.
Spawns in the water right next to the Summonbot - easy boss with a random single target sleep. Drops stamina mats.
[Imbrium valley]

This is by far the longest and hardest of the valleys currently available in Lunar Glade. The mobs hit with physical and magic attacks, stack DoT posion and can cast sleep. I definitely advise against going this route if you only have one cleric in the squad. Constant purify is essential here, unless you plan on pulling mobs one by one and thus spending a good 2 hours in here.

Killing the first 4 mobs spawns another Summonbot - Archelon. Relatively easy fight; water debuff on tank, sporadic weak aoe that interrupts BB. Ironheart on tank + aoe heal does the trick. Drops dex mats, which is probably the biggest reason why people opt to go this route.

Continue on the path, hugging the walls behind the rocks whenever applicable in order to avoid as many mobs as possible. Again, this valley is VERY long and you will get enough mobs for the kill quest no matter what.

[Mystical Jarax]
At the end, the boss of the valley awaits. Casts a random single target poison DoT, which should be purified or triple sparked asap. Can also randomly sleep one member, or cast a short duration aoe seal.
All in all, a very easy fight.

Special drop: Gloom of Mystical Jarax (used in making Eye Of Melancholy)

When he's dead, talk to the NPC and get teleported to final valley of Lunar Glade.
[Smythii Valley]

There is yet another Summonbot here - Deep Stranger. Dive into the water below the stone bridges to find him. Hits VERY hard and debuffs the tank. One of the debuffs lowers evasion, this one can be ignored. The other is the infamous pole/nob debuff which pretty much nullifies the tanks magic and physical defense. Should be purified asap or it could lead to a wipe. Strongly recommend two clerics or a charmed barb. Drops spirit mats.

Climbing back up can be a nightmare. Make your way to the ramp leading out of the water near the entrance to this valley on the left side, then double jump and holy path towards the south wall. May take a few tries.

Smythii, or metal valley is a relatively short valley with easy mobs. Take either path, and make your way to the boss. Try to hug the walls and avoid as many mobs as possible. Should you make your way to the boss and still miss a few mobs there are a couple mobs patrolling the route. Pull as many as you may need and once your kill quest finishes be ready to fight the boss of Smythii valley:

[Masaca Seben]
Starts out as an easy fight, albeit quite annoying. The boss spams an aoe debuff which greatly reduces channeling time and attack speed. At 50% or so he starts using an aoe metal DoT attack. Try to triple spark it or use some hp food, it hurts.
At 20% or so, he will start to self buff. If there's only one cleric in squad and no veno around to purge him, the barb should be ready to invoke when this happens, as he starts to really hurt when he's fully buffed.

In any case, he should go down eventually, allowing you access to the final valley of Lunar Glade.

Special drop: Tooth of Massaca Seben (used in making Helm of Gallantry)
[Cognitum Valley]

3rd and final of the possible 2nd valleys, it features physical mobs. Start by clearing the mobs on your path until you reach the large room up ahead. Again, hug the wall and circle around to the boss while avoiding mobs. There are a few mobs patrolling the room, killing these should complete the kill quest.

Hauntery Queen
Queen eh? More like a bearded midget, but whatever. Has a random aggro bleed attack which HURTS. If not purified or triple sparked it will kill just about any squishy. Also has a random curse+melee attack which again, will kill just about any squishy. Thankfully, no aoe or other annoying debuffs. Should go down relatively easy.

Special drop: Gem of Hauntery Queen.

Once dead, proceed to talk to the NPC and be teleported to the final valley of Lunar Glade
[Lunar Glade]

Regardless of your choice in Humorum valley, this is always the final valley you have to do before the final boss. Which boss you get however, depends on the tombstone(s) you killed in Humorum Valley at the very beginning.

Start off by going north and killing 5 mobs. You will need them for the kill quest in here. The ninetails can freeze, so again keep that in mind if pulling mobs mobs into the AOE. After killing 5 mobs, backtrack and go south, killing everything into your path until you reach the final boss.

Again, which boss that is depends on the tombstone(s) you killed in Humorum Valley.

[Relic of Wind]
By far the easiest of the three. Barb tanks, cleric ironhearts. He will seal the tank every now and then which should purified as soon as possible. Also has an aoe seal at his disposal but this one doesn't last nearly as long. Finally, he will also randomly curse one party member. Charm ticker at best, not enough to kill anyone though. Again it should be purified when possible.

Should go down easily enough though with no casualties.

Special drop: Shard of Relic of Wind (used in making Heart of Flames)
Crystal of Relic of Wind (used in making Sapphire Hat)
Unknown Tinder

[Drake Fling]
THE. HARDEST. BOSS. EVAR. Not counting harpy :D
Ancient evil and Illusion lord: Armageddon got nuttin on this dude :D

The real thing is mingled with 2 clones. Clones can be killed or the boss pulled away, it really makes no difference. You can tell which is which by looking at their HP.

Starts off easy enough, barb tanks, cleric ironhearts. No debuffs, no aoe, no anything. Then at 1.6mil hp he spawns two uber clones. The clones hit me for 3k melee, 2k magic, and they aoe. Fun stuff. We tried everything, including getting a 3rd cleric in the squad. Wiped 6 times or so before we started thinking out of the box.

Basically, there is an O shaped island behind the boss. Barb pulls the boss onto the O shaped island, and everyone DDs and heals from the water at max range. The damage is cut in half, turning this into a rather long fight, but alas the clones do not spawn at 1,6mil HP meaning you all get to live. Yay.

Also to note we had a daring archer go out of the water and onto the ledge at some point (after the clones would normally spawn). Still, one of the clones spawned on top of the archer, killing him, then aggroing the barb who as a result died as well from having the boss+clone on him.

So whatever you do, stay in the water until he goes down.

Special drops: Horn of Drake Fling (used in making Helm of Gallantry)
Scale of Drake Fling (used in making Ring of Zealousness)
Unknown and Chromatic Tinders

[Primal Fear]
Say hello to Mantavip's giant twin brother. Two tactics I can give for this one.
First one involves having the barb tank normally. Things should be going smooth until he does an aoe purge. When he does, barb should invoke instantly or he's a gonner because all buffs, including ironheart stacks go poof. So invoke, rebuff hp and continue tanking while the cleric rebuffs the squad and gets the ironheart stacks back up. He also tends to self buff near death which truly makes him deadly. If you have a veno, have her purge the boss asap. If not, pray the barb has enough sparks to invoke =P

The 2nd way of tackling this boss involves only ranged DD. There is a broken pillar in the lake right next to boss with a tip sticking out of the water. Everyone in the squad goes there (it's outside boss' aggro range) and starts DDing the boss. Since he's a stationary melee type (like Genesiac Blink) he won't be able to hurt you directly. He will still aoe purge and do the 50% hp debuff ocasionally though, as well as use an aoe attack. Clerics should be able to keep up with it though, and make sure the barb rebuffs hp after every purge. The only problem is his self buff. As soon as you see him self buff, get BB up and going. If he hits you with his aoe attack while self buffed, he will most likely kill everyone under 10k hp.

Requires a bit of luck in any case though, if he purges you, self buffs and casts an aoe imediately it will most likely result in a party wipe.

Special drops: Ring fragment of Primal Fear (used in making Ring of Zealousness)
Essence of Primal Fear (used in making Sapphire Hat)

(We've done Primal Fear 4 times now, and had 0 tinders drop =/ However, I've heard reports say he can drop all 3 tinders, but I can't confirm it either way though)

Happy hunting :)

The guide is still a big WIP; this is just the first draft, but hopefully it helps some of you eager to try the instance out.

Any constructive criticism is more than welcome, as well as an input on the parts I'm missing.

The special drops I listed are used in making special helms, hats, rings and necklaces, each of which give +2 def level as one of the bonuses. However, all of them require a specific mold.

As far as I can tell, those molds are dropped by special bosses who can be summoned using an Invitation of Purgatol via NPCs which appear after killing the boss in one of the valleys.

However, I've never seen an Invitation of Purgatol drop and pwdatabase has nothing on it, so I can't confirm anything one way or the other. If anyone can provide some input on this, it would be much appreciated.

Also, do not trust pwdatabase on any information regarding the bosses.
The bosses it lists at the time of writing this are from the OLD Lunar Glade (both the old squad mode, neo deity mode which has been removed and solo mode).
NONE of the current squad mode bosses are available in the pwdb yet.
b:dirty
Post edited by Ninnuam - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *reserved*
    b:dirty
  • dodoyaya
    dodoyaya Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Great job. thx.
  • Astarielle - Heavens Tear
    Astarielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Very helpful, thankyou. Hopefully I'll try tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:surprised b:chuckle
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Regarding invitation of purgatol

There are 2 quest that can be done in the new lunar

- speak to the NPC at your right when you enter.. he will give you a quest to be done in solo mode, get the quest done, tp to other valley with the token he gives you, pick up something and come back

As a reward he gves you another tp token.. thats is/ was broken

- Normally this token tp you to the next npc in another valley, with another solo mode quest.. and you get the invitation

- Invitation is a boss to be soloed (each class as a different boss to solo)

ie http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18648

Edit : grayhairedman is in insularium .
    Since my squad used the TP token and the quest was bugged. The NPC wasnt here.; now a cant tp there anymore. and cant get the invitations.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Regarding invitation of purgatol

There are 2 quest that can be done in the new lunar

- speak to the NPC at your right when you enter.. he will give you a quest to be done in solo mode, get the quest done, tp to other valley with the token he gives you, pick up something and come back

As a reward he gves you another tp token.. thats is/ was broken

- Normally this token tp you to the next npc in another valley, with another solo mode quest.. and you get the invitation

- Invitation is a boss to be soloed (each class as a different boss to solo)

ie http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/18648

Edit : grayhairedman is in insularium .
    Since my squad used the TP token and the quest was bugged. The NPC wasnt here.; now a cant tp there anymore. and cant get the invitations.

Was hoping that these NPCs were still available. As I haven't actually been into the "new" Lunar squad mode yet. I was hoping they would finish it soon so that we could get our squad for a less buggy run.

To the OP, thank you very much for this guide =) It is helpful. And who says a veno can't zhen >:P Besides, as many people such as tweakz, sadpuma, and others have said, not taking a veno into an instance, where their pet isn't nerfed in damage, is quite silly lol.

But to each their own I know ^^ Once again, thank you for this guide. I think my squad may just have to go in soon.

And I'm disappointed that they nerfed Relic so much <.< his challenge was my favorite of the 3 bosses.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    indeed gj...
    think about trying this
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanks a lot for the guide ^^

I already did 2 paths of the new Lunar tho before reading this. A guide would have saved a lot of dolls at Drake Fling lol.

After getting wiped 6 times we tried a different thing to. 1 player lured 1 of the clones away pretty much and got it stuck on the other side of the water, while barb had to tank boss + 1 clone. Ticked his charm a bit tho ;(

Other boss i did, Relic of Wind, is pretty much a walk in the park dont need a charm or anything. He closed BB a few times, sealed tank and did some random water aoe, thats about it.

Gonna try Primal Fear path next time b:cute

Overall new Lunar is really really easy compare to before, use to take us 5-6 hours for full run, was rather hideous. Now is not that many mobs in each valley now, you have to kill around 20 mobs only and you can do it in 1.5 hour with good party. Old Drake Fling was far easier tho b:cry

Costs 3 mil to open it now, but its really worth the money.
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    [Drake Fling]

The real thing is mingled with 2 clones. Clones can be killed or the boss pulled away, it really makes no difference. You can tell which is which by looking at their HP.

Starts off easy enough, barb tanks, cleric ironhearts. No debuffs, no aoe, no anything. Then at 1.6mil hp he spawns two uber clones. The clones hit me for 3k melee, 2k magic, and they aoe. Fun stuff. We tried everything, including getting a 3rd cleric in the squad. Wiped 6 times or so before we started thinking out of the box.

Basically, there is an O shaped island behind the boss. Barb pulls the boss onto the O shaped island, and everyone DDs and heals from the water at max range. The damage is cut in half, turning this into a rather long fight, but alas the clones do not spawn at 1,6mil HP meaning you all get to live. Yay.

Also to note we had a daring archer go out of the water and onto the ledge at some point (after the clones would normally spawn). Still, one of the clones spawned on top of the archer, killing him, then aggroing the barb who as a result died as well from having the boss+clone on him.

LOLOLOL HARDEST?
    ...........Easiest you say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Jahailad - Lost City
    Jahailad - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me and 3 friends have been trying to open mp humorum mode and for some reason it wont let us open it even though we have a squad with 3 mil on squad leader
    any ideas?
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The Secret to Drake Fling is in the HP.... there are 2 points in his HP where he will spawn adds, not just 1. You can actually pull him away from his adds NEAR water and have everyone on land to attack him so it goes much quicker and damage/heals are not halved. The 2 points are 1.6 mil HP and 800k HP. So if everyone (except the barb) goes into the water at 1.65mil HP and 850k HP then no adds will spawn after he voices in common chat. IT IS SAFE to move back to land after he voices in common chat, just make sure and give him a couple seconds of course b:cute I hope this helps and you can use it in your guide. It works everytime, I can guarantee that.
    Edit: I also used your guide on my faction's website- I have tweeked it and edited it due to my own tricks and experiences :) But I did give you credit. If this is a problem please let me know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The Secret to Drake Fling is in the HP.... there are 2 points in his HP where he will spawn adds, not just 1. You can actually pull him away from his adds NEAR water and have everyone on land to attack him so it goes much quicker and damage/heals are not halved. The 2 points are 1.6 mil HP and 800k HP. So if everyone (except the barb) goes into the water at 1.65mil HP and 850k HP then no adds will spawn after he voices in common chat. IT IS SAFE to move back to land after he voices in common chat, just make sure and give him a couple seconds of course b:cute I hope this helps and you can use it in your guide. It works everytime, I can guarantee that.
    Edit: I also used your guide on my faction's website- I have tweeked it and edited it due to my own tricks and experiences :) But I did give you credit. If this is a problem please let me know.

b:chuckle trust me there is an easier way of doing this than to keep watching the hp.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    b:chuckle trust me there is an easier way of doing this than to keep watching the hp.
    Then share? :)
    I actually dont think it can get much easier then a barb tanking and a cleric healing lol having to look at his HP and taking a couple steps backwards is hardly difficult....
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    yashino wrote: »
    LOLOLOL HARDEST?
    ...........Easiest you say.

^

Drake is the easiest and an understatement at that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Then share? :)
    I actually dont think it can get much easier then a barb tanking and a cleric healing lol having to look at his HP and taking a couple steps backwards is hardly difficult....
    b:surrender

b:chuckle figure it out yourself
    but i'll give you hint, you're 100, it wont be hard after i point out this hint
    V
    think of what you do at lvl 100+

btw his hp isnt much we can kill him within 5 mins
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just wondering, but i know that fragments drop in solo mode, but do essences?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    just wondering, but i know that fragments drop in solo mode, but do essences?

Someone in my faction said he got one, but I've never seen one in 10-20 runs including at least half a dozen during double drops. I don't think he's lying, so I imagine the drop rate must be extremely low, perhaps like TT gold mats. Good for you if you get one, but don't try farming them that way.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nice guide.
    BTW. How big damage do herc on bosses? Just curious. Every1 telling about not nerfed damage so how big is this damage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoImKrel - Heavens Tear
    NoImKrel - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i lost this guide at 500k each..foooeeeeee get dat shizzle.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    [Intro]
    [Drake Fling]

This boss is actually one of the easiest if done correctly. You are right on the part where the clone spawns when his hp reaches 1.6 mil, but did you know that he also summons a clone when it reaches 8 mil hp? So your DD members don't have to stay in the water during the entire time of the fight (as this will result in damage reduction making the fight lasting much longer than is should). Always have your clerics heal in the waters, and your DDs attack on land. When the boss's hp is almost at 1.6 mil, have everyone but the barb jump into the waters. After that they can climb back on land and DD again until its hp is about to reach 8 mil, and repeat.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Costs 3 mil to open it now, but its really worth the money.

For fun sure its worth it :D But to grind for the mats to make the lunar equipments or to sell them, I don't think so. It is more cost and time effective to save up and buy the lunar insignia items from the vent sales to trade for the equipments.
  • Blosque - Sanctuary
    Blosque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    For fun sure its worth it :D But to grind for the mats to make the lunar equipments or to sell them, I don't think so. It is more cost and time effective to save up and buy the lunar insignia items from the vent sales to trade for the equipments.

I'm going to have to disagree here.

Since 2x drops started, I've managed to farm 2 green rings, a green neck, and 3/4 pieces of armor. I've got the tinders waiting (minus 1 chromatic) to turn all of these items into gold after getting the gold TT mats. On top of that, I've got 2/3 gold mats needed to make 3 of the special lunar gear items that aren't aquirable through the use of insignias.

But what about all the coin I've paid to enter lunar glade you ask? Well, with 2x drops, there is always 1 card boss to do (Jaden Rutuidon) and a second boss on 2 of the 3 path options. I've got a static squad for the most part for my runs, and most of us are making ornaments, so we've run Smythii valley option quite a lot. On average, we get 48 stamina mats (8 each) and 18 spirit mats (3 each). On Sanctuary server, I can sell stamina at 40K each and spirit at 100K each.

8x40K = 320K
    3x100K = 300K

OMG, I JUST MADE A PROFIT FROM RUNNING LUNAR!?!

Of course I did. The same way you make a profit from TT, lunar is the same. We also end up with 3-4 essences after each run. If we ever take a replacement for our static squad, that person usually sells those. They average 500K each. Thats another 1.5-2mil.

And even though I keep the mats to actually farm gear, I've got an abundance of element fragments and element crystals. Turn these into gold crystals (individual frags and crystals don't sell for ***) and sell in AH for 600K. Only takes 3 runs tops to get a full crystal of each type.

Here's a quick breakdown of what you could make on average in 3 runs during 2x drop if you decided to sell everything you got.

1) 24 stamina mats x 40K = 960K
    2) 9 spirit mats x 100K = 900K
    3) 1 fragment crystal = 600K
    4) 1 element crystal = 600K
    5) 10 essences (assuming 4 essences from 1 run and 3 from 2 runs) = 5mil
    6) 1 type of tinder = 5mil

TOTAL COST = 1.5mil
    TOTAL SELL = 13mil approximately

TOTAL PROFIT = 11.5mil

Lunar runs with a good squad take about 2 hours. Thats almost an average of 2mil per hour if you do 3 runs.

Any smart player knows that it takes money to make money... Happy hunting and good luck on those tinders b:victory
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    squad mode lunar is open now or still bugged/under costruction ?
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    my guess is it is still kinda bugged- i am still testing everything out but here is a list of the Wygie NPCs i put together... (the only reason i say its still bugged is because the Veno and Wizard Wygie are in valleys not available in squad mode- im doing a solo mode to see if the Wygie appears right now in solo mode) WILL UPDATE ON THIS :)
    Below are the list of Wygie NPCs that you use to turn in your Invitation of Purgatory to and summon a boss dependent on class.
    These bosses drop Mirages, Fragment Crystals, Transparent Cyrstals, Essence Crystals, Immaculate Gems (Citrine, Garnet, Amber, Sapphire) and special molds.

Wygie (Venomancer) - WILL UPDATE
    (401,506)
    Summons Boss: Crimson and Darkness?
    Special Drop: Ancient Ring Mold

Wygie (Barbarian)
    (440,580)
    This NPC is located at the end of Smythii Valley, the boss for this valley is Masaca Seben.
    Summons Boss: Infernal Sonikbeast
    Special Drop: Ancient Helm Mold

Wygie (Cleric)
    (390,590)
    This NPC is located at the end of Cognitum Valley, the boss for this valley is Hauntery Queen.
    Summons Boss: Bloodsurge Ultera
    Special Drop: Ancient Helm Mold

Wygie (Archer)
    (436, 509)
    This NPC is located at the end of Imbrium Valley, the boss for this valley is Mystical Jarax.
    Summons Boss: Knight of Terror
    Special Drop: Ancient Ring Mold

Wygie (Wizard) - WILL UPDATE
    (377,509)
    Summons Boss: Foretoken Bearer
    Special Drop: Ancient Necklace Mold

Wygie (Blademaster)
    (435,537)
    This NPC is located at the spawn point of boss in Humorum Valley, the boss for this valley is Genesiac Blink.
    Summons Boss: Herald of Agony
    Special Drop: Ancient Necklace Mold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blosque - Sanctuary
    Blosque - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Mendolin. I can confirm your information is accurate.

As for my fellow wizards, and you lovely venos, we're kinda SOL on this one for the time being... Lunar glade is not 100% finished at the moment. Frigoris valley (needed for the squad quest for 20 dusts) (water valley) is not implemented yet. I believe the Wizard Wygie is located there. The fire valley (I forget the actual name b:surrender) should contain the venomancer Wygie.

On the bright side, no squad consists of just venos and wizards. I personally have managed to get a Ring of Zealousness and an Eye of Meloncholy from farming along with other gold items that don't require the special molds. Just takes some patience and a group of dedicated people.

Also, the Wygies only appear in squad mode.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    and i think you (the person who summons boss) needs to tank it and do the majority of damage.... i could be wrong though but when i went with a squad and the BM summoned her boss (she tanked it cuz she was tanking all of lunar for the squad) we got some good drops but when i summoned my boss... i didnt tank it and we only got mirages. i am going to go back in today and do my boss again with me tanking xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have a question. Is it possible to solo Lunar (being veno of course) and still get mats for items? I'm interested in farming the Gold Level 95 Phoenix Dance Robe but I'm having trouble finding a guide for Solo mode. Does anyone know if there is any guide for it?
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Zyfou - Heavens Tear
    Zyfou - Heavens Tear Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I have a question. Is it possible to solo Lunar (being veno of course) and still get mats for items? I'm interested in farming the Gold Level 95 Phoenix Dance Robe but I'm having trouble finding a guide for Solo mode. Does anyone know if there is any guide for it?

There's not a guide for it probably because solo mode is super easy.

Solo mode can be opened using 1 Essence of Nature, which can be made at the forges in Lunar for 5 of each heaven/hell grade mats. Then, you pick 1 of 4 valleys to start, with a full solo run being 3 valleys and 3 bosses total. I've been picking Frigoris (water) Valley to start, which leads to Smythii (metal) Valley, which ends no matter which path you start with, in Cognitum (non-elemental) Valley.

This path is easiest for me, because the mobs and bosses are easiest for me to solo. Nubium (Fire) Valley's mobs all explode after they die, and Imbrium (wood) Valley is full of poison mobs.

Smythii and Cognitum are really short, too. I like to get to Cognitum so I can run around with Phys Marrow on =P.

No matter what paths you choose, the drops will be the same. Mobs have a chance of dropping random fragments, and bosses drop a lot of random fragments and crystals. I've never had one essence drop and pwdatabase says the bosses don't drop those.

In my opinion, farming solo mode only works if you want to farm green Lunar gears or their souledges. Or you can farm it to make Fragment and Transparent Crystals for resale. Might have to chip the Essence Crystals while squad mode is bugged, and that's not cheap =/.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Originally Posted by Crescendia - Harshlands

I Think the mean can A Veno Solo It in Squad Mode. Good question I wanted to know before I spend 3mil and fail big time.

So Can Veno Solo Lunar In Squad Mode?
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    you guys forgot to say that solo mode is almost useless, you cant craft any green items because you dont get essence
    stinks wrote: »
    I Think the mean can A Veno Solo It in Squad Mode. Good question I wanted to know before I spend 3mil and fail big time.

So Can Veno Solo Lunar In Squad Mode?
    if you can tank a boss with 16k patk/matk then go ahead... but you already know the answer
    even some mobs hit pretty hard
  • EndlesSToxiN - Raging Tide
    EndlesSToxiN - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Bump.

Your welcome :D