EVENT: Death From Above!

12346»

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You were better off...I believe the entire first page of General Discussion (except for three threads IIRC) were labeled "Moved:" and merged into the main thread...

b:shocked

Wow...yeah, all I remember was not touching the forums, posting one or two goodbye posts, then quitting for a good half a year or so to get my real life in order.

b:cute

Now I'm back and better than ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that event up'ed my hours to 68 b:laugh
  • ElvenClieric - Lost City
    ElvenClieric - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, and it was the most **** up event ever.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This world is full of "what if's" it's out job to find what happens b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On an on-topic note:

I went to the event, wasn't in a squad so I decided to keep out of harm's way and just buff/heal people that needed it. I buffed someone, and they turned around and PKed me b:surrender So I left and farmed for the rest of the event. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol this thread is an explosion like when the expansion came out xD
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol at the whining.

It was a PK event. It was called "Death From Above". If you don't want to participate in a PK event you do not go. Yes, a Kill the GM event is really geared for all levels, eh?

And, LOL at the "omg I didn't get anything it sucked cause there were no rewards". Such greedy little [watch the language]. Does every event have to have an award to be fun? Go do public quest if you want a reward. Sheesh.

Anyway, I missed it. Everyone in-faction said it was a lot of fun. So that's my QQ for this thread.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sparheart - Dreamweaver
    Sparheart - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well I wasn't thrilled. I was so hyped up about this and was just let down I could have come up with something better in my sleep. The "world boss" battles on another game I used to play where more exciting then this and that was from a company that didn't care about it's players and a gm was never around. But all in all this event was made rather poorly. It would have been slightly better if everyone, not just pkers, could attack ironman and if you could have made him more beastly he died way to fast for a gm.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i got to admit this is the worst event in any game i have ever played.

LAG sucked waiste of charm and on top of that for the pkers people lost gear not me but some people did.

on top of that no rewards there was no reward for anyone in our squad for our time and money we spent on charms. TY PWI for ripping us off again

You weren't forced to go. And once you found you didn't like it, you were welcome to leave. Reminds me of a person there when I went on a bluename to watch the chaos. "I HATE THIS EVENT!!!" (ten minutes later, same person) "STUPID EVENT I HATE THIS EVENT!" But yet... he wouldn't leave. b:chuckle All it does is make me laugh. Everyone complaining yet no matter how much they hate it, they stick around and take the beating instead of leaving and going about their business.

Do this more GMs! Give me my daily laughs. b:laugh

(sorry for aaaalll those posts. ><; fail forum fails slightly. )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Wipeout!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Fail forum posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    repeat cause forum is **** up lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Something I wanna say about this event is...

There's too much lag, much more than a tw... it's become a free PK fest... and only high levels really has a chance to survive, enjoy killing and get the drops ~

Well, as I got there... I was pked instanly in the air... respawned in town... lag getting worse... pwi crashed. The end, thx for this event xD

xD
    Best....event.....ever~~~
    ^.^

lol jk jk
    but it was still pretty fun
    xD
    other then the accidental getting red hours at the start....darn lowbie barb or something....
    and me didn't even get a single crash or anything. (just slight lag but me was also recording a video at the same time....and ran out of hard drive space as well lols...)
    >.<'
    also no drops or anything......
    but me did lose exp....by running into a guard while going from hill of the old king to land of buried bones...(was going through plume and forgot...again...that guards attack red named people lol....)

me just took off all me gear except me weapon and aero then started killing colored named people lols.
    b:chuckle
    got nothing but was still pretty fun.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So looks like I didn't miss much. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad. x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
    edited February 2010
    So looks like I didn't miss much. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad. x.x

*stares at level*
    74 barb....you be happy.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    xD
    Best....event.....ever~~~
    ^.^

lol jk jk
    but it was still pretty fun
    xD
    other then the accidental getting red hours at the start....darn lowbie barb or something....
    and me didn't even get a single crash or anything. (just slight lag but me was also recording a video at the same time....and ran out of hard drive space as well lols...)
    >.<'
    also no drops or anything......
    but me did lose exp....by running into a guard while going from hill of the old king to land of buried bones...(was going through plume and forgot...again...that guards attack red named people lol....)

me just took off all me gear except me weapon and aero then started killing colored named people lols.
    got nothing but was still pretty fun.
    xD

I got to kill you, so it was fun for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited February 2010
    I got to kill you, so it was fun for me

xD
    me remember that part
    >.<'
    was flying trying to find that veno who just nixed me.
    and then...Pew~
    Coraline deals XXXX damage.
    *MagicHamsta the level 1 hamster wizard has fallen.*
    b:faint
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was lucky though I didn't die in all that chaos and even my herc barely got hit. b:cute

It was a pity my Elysium Fowl didn't last two seconds.... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm usually supportive of in-game non-cash shop events. However, this one was just silly.

So you bring 500+ people to one place, lag everybody like no other, spawn a bunch of mobs that drop nothing, and try to have GM's spam random storylines when the chat is moving super fast? At the end, you have us kill the GM, we get him to 75%-ish hp, and he suddenly dies from... what? And drops... yup, absolutely nothing. At least Dreamweaver got some drops.

What's the point?

Charm ****, doll loss, time wasted.

However, I do appreciate the effort to try to make noncashop events. Perhaps next time you can do an event where you seperate people into different rooms. (like Tournament)
  • Angel_Lion - Dreamweaver
    Angel_Lion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    haha i was a fail. i was on my alt (43 barb >.<) and kinda was like, wtf. flew in and died lol
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I came up with a theory. This was actually a server-stress test put on by the GM's, under the clever guise of an event.

Inbou, Inbou, Inbou...!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Angel_Lion - Dreamweaver
    Angel_Lion - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I like that idea, explains why it wasnt as good as it was played up to.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I came up with a theory. This was actually a server-stress test put on by the GM's, under the clever guise of an event.

Inbou, Inbou, Inbou...!!

I agree....and there was far more people gathered in one spot than in all of West Arch at even a peak time (or all of Arch for that matter). b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Inbou, Inbou, Inbou...!!

Quoted for potential truth. If ever there was a way to get a stress test for the server(s), this would be it.

Darn, fooled again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And they'de have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!

Oh wait, they did get away with it. And there's nothing we can do except watch them laugh at us.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The February Calendar Contest gave us all an overdose of romance and sweetness.

Let see what it was exactly.
    As enjoyable as that was, we think it's time to stamp that sissy stuff out of our hearts and minds, and what better way than by taking part in some violent, large-scale battles?!

Taking part in TW (for those, who like PvP) ?
    A new danger casts a shadow over the land.. A powerful new opponent has surfaced.
    GMs (they are more powerful than any player or boss) ?

At exactly the times listed above, there will be a server broadcast, and within this broadcast there will be a location.
    It was. Really.
    A GM will be waiting for you to meet him/her there.
    I not saw GM because of the lag (too crowded was there), but some of players saw.
    After exactly 15 minutes have passed, the GM will lead you to the last known whereabouts of this dangerous new villain..

See you there!

Note: You must be able to fly, or have someone who can carry you, to be able to participate in this event!

Most of players were not able to fly before, rest after event.

But someone got reward ! b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]