What is your Genie Build?

Options
Kado - Sanctuary
Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Ok so I am not here for advice nor am I here to start a noob/pro/elite flame war. The only reason for this thread is for those of you that wish to join in by simply adding your highest genie stats and maybe a little on why you chose this specific build. The reasoning behind this is purely simple.

By posting your build and possible reasoning behind it, you will allow others to see just what they might have wanted to try but didn't want to risk. You may also give a little bit of insight to all those solo "help with my genie" threads.

Most likely this thread will fail but I would hope that a few of us would chime in just for the heck of letting other see our diabolical/genius/epic/ and yes plain lousy Genie creations.

Don't forget to come back and edit your stats and info as you go!
Post edited by Kado - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Zeal
    Level 75 (as of 1-29-10)

Lucky Point 59/70

Stats: (Going for a rounded power house debuff genie)
    STR-44
    DEX-45
    VIT-50
    MAG-15 (Don't find the added 1 second per 50 tick worth much)

Affinity:
    Wood-5
    Earth-4
    Water-4
    Fire-1
    2 to spare.

Skills: (No idea if any of these even work together but even alone they do wonders)
    Level 7 Alpha Male
    Level 10 Extreme Poison
    Level 10 Tangling Mire
    Level 10 Reflective Aura
    Earthflame

I would love to get the gears but man I don't see how that much in cost could be worth what seems truly so little of a boost.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i dun have genies since they sux as much as whole game :P
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eternalnab
    i dun have genies since they sux as much as whole game :P

Then get off the forums if you feel that way and quit trolling/hijacking threads. If you haven't noticed no body cares for a a whiner. Those of us that play do so because we choose to. If you choose to be negative about it do it somewhere else please. Ohh, to have the power to remove pathetic posts from your own threads.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eternalnab

Then get off the forums if you feel that way and quit trolling/hijacking threads. If you haven't noticed no body cares for a a whiner. Those of us that play do so because we choose to. If you choose to be negative about it do it somewhere else please. Ohh, to have the power to remove pathetic posts from your own threads.

i sure play when i have motivation,,and no im not whining just saying the truth...ive played since OB and genies still sux..maybe im too old :P
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Ok so I am not here for advice nor am I here to start a noob/pro/elite flame war. The only reason for this thread is for those of you that wish to join in by simply adding your highest genie stats and maybe a little on why you chose this specific build. The reasoning behind this is purely simple.

Maybe next time read a little more clearly
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    me RB genie has
    Caterize
    Holy Path
    Second Wind
    Blood Clot (didn't really want to get it but....eh)
    stats be more str focused and with a bit added into vit so me can use multiple skills

me working on designing a PK genie.
    (strangely enough me RB genie works really well against venos with nixes lol.....some rely on their nix way too much.)
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    me RB genie has
    Caterize
    Holy Path
    Second Wind
    Blood Clot (didn't really want to get it but....eh)
    stats be more str focused and with a bit added into vit so me can use multiple skills

me working on designing a PK genie.
    (strangely enough me RB genie works really well against venos with nixes lol.....some rely on their nix way too much.)
    xD

Its Cauterize buddy xP

my level 66 Genie has:

33/60 lucky points(>.<)

43 str
    33 Dext
    30 vit
    15 mag

level 10 Tangling Mire
    level 10 Extreme Poison
    level 10 Solid Shield
    level 8 ToP
    (when and if it gets 51 lucky)
    Alpha male

though im considering replacing Extreme Poison with either holy path to catch kiters or another couple
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Xwolfyx - Harshlands
    Xwolfyx - Harshlands Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eww ToP isnt worth it anymore to because they nerfed it in a update long time ago...
    edited January 2010
    Options
    eww ToP isnt worth it anymore to because they nerfed it in a update long time ago...

still one of the best if not the best genie healing method.
    b:surrender
    (if you has a lot of life that is)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Regardless its still freaking amazing for saving a barb/high HP chars ****

and its good for Armageddon dmg adding b:victory
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    still one of the best if not the best genie healing method.
    (if you has a lot of life that is)

ive heard ppl say second wind is better..
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options

I think you may be mistaken, Second wind is said to be useful in the earlier stages of the game ie low level and maybe for squishies with low hp. ToP is by far the best skill for us high HP barbs. Which is what I am getting next when I bump up to the next stage (here's to hoping it is when mine hits 80).

Glad to see this is taking off and I think it gives a little insight into what builds will work and what builds are and could just be fun.
    Regardless its still freaking amazing for saving a barb/high HP chars ****
    and its good for Armageddon dmg adding

I completely agree here!
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have poison blood clot tree of protection and holy path my genie is VIT built because I use it quite a lot >.< and for some reason I spend more on my genie then other stuff xP
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and for some reason I spend more on my genie then other stuff xP

Lol I have the same problem now that I hit a decent genie. My other genie which was low LP I mainly just used to pull and holy path. So I didn't invest much in it but due to the cost of using the skill sets I have with this genie, I can already see myself dumping plenty into my genie.

Which is why I put perfect stones for purchase in my cat shop @ 650 per. Granted they don't fly in but a small trickle at that cost is better than paying 1k per.
    edited January 2010
    Options

true...it be better if you has a small HP pool and it be better at lower levels where you has a small HP pool.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I have poison blood clot

I guess I'll have to check in to this Poison Blood Clot Skill!
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I recently restatted my genie to get absolute domain. I LOVE that skill. Saved me and my squad more than once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmm saved you and your squad? Sounds like a valuable skill!

Skill
    Absolute Domain Level 1
    Genie lvl 55
    Spirit 13.620
    Metal 4 - Water 4 - Earth 4

Range 5 meters
    Energy 135
    Stamina 999
    Instant
    Cooldown 180 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Makes yourself and all allies within 5 meters immune to all damage for 2.2 seconds
    and immune to immobilization for 2 seconds afterwards.

Sounds like it could come in handy!
  • Marista - Lost City
    Marista - Lost City Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I find myself unable to chose just one set of skills... So, I have 3 genies and counting. I find that I favor dex skills over strength ones, and tend to pump dex most, as well as minimum vit for the most expensive skill. Thinking about experimenting to see if more vit or more magic helps most with using them repeatedly. Anyway, of my 3, I only use two frequently:

PvE focus:
    Second Wind Lv 10
    Holy Path Lv 10
    Cloud Eruption Lv 2
    Relentless Courage Lv 7

I'm thinking about replacing courage, since it was mostly just for rare taming and I have a whole seperate genie for that, but as a result... My 60 points in dex for it are kinda useless with that skillset. So I may remake this one and hope for better lucky points, then base it in strength. Or perhaps redo its affinities, since redoing its stats would probably cost more than getting another genie to Lv 75. At the moment, points are:
    Vit: 35
    Dex: 60
    Str: 15
    Mag: 5

My other, which I use mostly for PvP, is...
    Wind Force
    Lv 10 Extreme Poison
    Lv 10 Tree of Protection (Due to never using it as well as having problems fighting nixes, I'm likely going to replace this with blood clot)
    Lv 5 Absolute Domain

Absolute Domain is by far the most used of the skills. It's great for breaking out of stunlock and blocking some of the hits, for getting a moment to recalibrate when someone hits me out of nowhere, and perfect when chained into feral concentration for a full 13 seconds of invulnerability while able to fully operate. I'd love to put cloud eruption on here too, but it's sadly unfeasible.

I'm thinking of making a 4th as well, actually, a longevity dedicated to high DD. I'd put Bramble Rage, Electro Dance, Dust Storm, and Lightning Chaser. If it was high-LP, maybe add Frenzy. Ot put Frenzy instead of lightning chaser/ Either way, since all these effects are dex-based, it would likely be another high dex one, which is why I'm choosing longevity here. Unlike the others, there's a higher feasible max and each one point adds damage, instead of needing intervals of 10/15. Thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    So, I heard HA veno is the way to go? :3
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Longevity
    Pure Dex (just enough vit to use skills)

Extreme Poison
    Absolute Domain
    Bramble Rage
    Tree Of Protection

I use this genie in PvE situations to keep me alive and boost HF. Still need to level a little more for the last point in bramble rage, in which case I'll use it in aoe's and mass PvP (HF+Bramble hurts)

Infliction
    Pure Str (just enough vit for skills)

Alpha Male
    True Emptiness
    Holy Path
    Second Wind
    Balance

Use this in rb and PvP. True emptiness for archers and nix's, second wind for a speedy heal and to avoid damage going through my charm, balance against casters, Alpha and holy path are obvious.

Zeal
    --

Earthflame.

Obvious.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    On my wizard
    Discicipline 5/30 lucky points. b:surrender
    Extreme poison
    Earthquake
    Wind force
    Second Wind

Second wind is good healing for chars with low hp like archers/wizards. I might forget earthquake and windforce though, and get maybe holypath, frenzy or cloud eruption later on. Earthquake is good for both PVP and PVE because of the knockback, and at level 10 it interrupts 100%

On my archer.
    Zeal

Second wind
    Holy path
    Relentless courage
    Earthflame

Relentless courage is like demon quickshot for an archer. It increases attack speed. Awesome skill. Earthflame for luring, holy path and second wind is obvious.

P.S How the hell could a thread like this start a flame war or be troll bait? Someone explain the first half of the first post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited January 2010
    Options
    quick side question.
    does wind force stack with aerogear acceleration?
    b:puzzled
    me was thinking about using the white genie and keeping it's starter skill for PvP if the effects stacked.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    quick side question.
    does wind force stack with aerogear acceleration?
    b:puzzled

Ya it does
  • Feyoin - Sanctuary
    Feyoin - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LvL 90 infliction
    68/90
    str-64
    dex-3
    vit-54
    mag-36
    Tangling Mire
    True Emptiness
    Earth Claw (Str based, physdmg, aoe)
    Balance
    Holy path
    First tw genie, needed the mag protection to even have a chance of surviving way back as 7x (yes lvled it up). Enough vit to use mire--> HF then earthclaw.

LvL 90 Longevity
    69/90
    str-5
    dex-53
    vit- 58 lvl7 BR takes 158 energy >_>
    mag- 50
    Bramble Rage
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    True Emptiness
    Cloud eruption
    Current TW genie ^ ^.

85 infliction
    62/80
    str-15
    dex-20
    vit- 56
    mag-59
    Tree of Protection
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    Alpha Male
    Eathquake- lvl1 for RB lvl 10 for TT
    General PvE

Working on reseting str genies affinities for single target debuffing/disabiling genie (xpoison occult ice...)
  • AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear
    AngelaMarie - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Zeal ~ Level 83
    76/80 Lucky Points
    Mt: 2; Wd: 2; Er: 2; WT: 4; FR: 0 ~~Remaining: 7

Str: 44
    Vit: 45
    Dex: 3
    Mag: 15
    Undistributed: 79

45 Vit gives her 145 energy which allows for back-to-back Holy Path to get my squishy butt out of a hairy situation.

(I'm waiting until I choose my other skills to distribute the rest of the points and my remaining Affinity points)

Lvl 1 Earthflame
    Lvl 10 Holy Path
    Lvl 10 Second Wind
    Lvl 10 Impact

My genie is purely support/pulling. I have no need for a PvP genie. I use to stay alive, pull and drop def on bosses.

As for the second wind vs ToP argument: Second Wind is nice for the squishies of the world, but useless for the high HP non-squishies. If you're squishy, SW is usually enough to get you enough HP to compliment that HP pot u just used. For a non-fail barb, it would be absolutely useless...a waste of the chi stones used to get the energy on the genie.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Discipline Genie

Level 90. 63/90 Lucky Points
    Stats:
    Str 3
    Vit 35
    Dex 80
    Mag 43

Affinities: 4 MT, 4WD, 4ET, 4 WT, 0 FR, 3 unused

Skills: Wind Force, Cauterize, Absolute Domain, Wind Shield, Extreme Poison

Genie Gear: Jade of Compassion lv2, Charm of Compassion lv2, Mirror of Compassion lv2, Orb of compassion lv2. Each of these gears give +2 dexterity each.

This is my pvp genie, but I use it even in HH too.b:victory
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I find myself unable to chose just one set of skills...

Lol i was like that at one point!
    Or perhaps redo its affinities, since redoing its stats would probably cost more than getting another genie to Lv 75. At the moment, points are:
    Vit: 35
    Dex: 60
    Str: 15
    Mag: 5

You know with tokens being back in new packs and price dropping again you can make 10 stacks or the stone required to restat and the forge.

Absolute Domain is by far the most used of the skills. It's great for breaking out of stunlock

More and more I'm considering getting that skill! Breaking stun lock would be great for duals and TW!

I'm thinking of making a 4th as well, actually, a longevity dedicated to high DD. I'd put Bramble Rage, Electro Dance, Dust Storm, and Lightning Chaser. If it was high-LP, maybe add Frenzy.

Taking into consideration your experience with your genies you have made me want to go and look up all of these skills that you speak of. I built mine the way I did hoping it will do well for me in TW. Hence the Reflective Aura and extreme poison. Alpha male obviously to help keep hate now that I'm gettin in the upper levels.

Thank you for the excellent post and well rounded info definitely food for thought!
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    P.S How the hell could a thread like this start a flame war or be troll bait? Someone explain the first half of the first post

Honestly you never know. I simply put that there in hopes of deterring the sour sports. Someone can always manage to down grade or talk smack in a post as simple as this.

My main goal to this was a bragging post for your killer genies and to help give insight to those that may have questions or ideas concerning how to build effective genies.

So far I am excited that it is doing well and have some excellent ideas and feedback. Keep them coming and again thank you all for giving a little insight into your personal genie creations!
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    LvL 90 infliction
    68/90
    str-64
    dex-3
    vit-54
    mag-36
    Tangling Mire
    True Emptiness
    Earth Claw (Str based, physdmg, aoe)
    Balance
    Holy path
    First tw genie, needed the mag protection to even have a chance of surviving way back as 7x (yes lvled it up). Enough vit to use mire--> HF then earthclaw.

LvL 90 Longevity
    69/90
    str-5
    dex-53
    vit- 58 lvl7 BR takes 158 energy >_>
    mag- 50
    Bramble Rage
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    True Emptiness
    Cloud eruption
    Current TW genie ^ ^.

85 infliction
    62/80
    str-15
    dex-20
    vit- 56
    mag-59
    Tree of Protection
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    Alpha Male
    Eathquake- lvl1 for RB lvl 10 for TT
    General PvE

Working on reseting str genies affinities for single target debuffing/disabiling genie (xpoison occult ice...)

Man you have done well for yourself there those are some well rounded and great LP genies. It took me 8 tries to get the 59/70 I have atm. Since then I have been through 13 more with all having junk LP.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    45 Vit gives her 145 energy which allows for back-to-back Holy Path to get my squishy butt out of a hairy situation.

LOL we have all been there a time or two. I have a 56 cleric and Holy Path has helped me on several occasions.
    As for the second wind vs ToP argument: Second Wind is nice for the squishies of the world, but useless for the high HP non-squishies. If you're squishy, SW is usually enough to get you enough HP to compliment that HP pot u just used. For a non-fail barb, it would be absolutely useless...a waste of the chi stones used to get the energy on the genie.

I completely agree with you. Second Wind is a GREAT skill for the squishies of the world and even for a low level barb just working his way up. But to any high HP barbs ToP is the only way to go if going for a healing spell on your genie.

Oddly enough I had it on my first genie which was turned into a stone and rarely used it. Only time I would use is TW. I am a believer in the Sunder effect for my farming, questing, and just plain being bored kill fests.