Gaming FUN

Options
brantanor
brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
When i started this game in september, i though to myself, wow, awesome game, great classes & community, great graphics.

Then anni packs came out and i said "wow, nice stuff, i can refine my gear, get better items, make some cash".

People started whining and anni packs were gone. After a while they came back...and back...np, i still play my toon and have fun grinding and making it better.

Then they come out with 4 different packs,then Tideborn, then oracles , then anni packs again....and now some MORONIC event ...snowmen.

Not only does Tideborn city lag like crazy, not only the non tideborn chars look oldfashioned compared to the the new ones, not only are assassins very powerful and fast, not only do they look cool, but to top it all...

-introducing new useless "lottery" packs as i call them
-introducing a stupid event "snowmen"
-introducing anni packs..AGAIN...

who in Gods name decides to hold events like this that make Arch even more laggy, and introduces oracles to the cs that makes new chars go from 1- 75 in one week ???

ANY decent gamer knows you have to keep people playing the game, they need to be motivated to stay. Adding countless and countless moronic items and events to a wonderful game will bring it eventually down.

I have seen it happen in different mmo's, and imo, IF the current "director of sales & events' keeps his/her position, this game WILL go down faster then you can say "annipack".

Think for a minute you guys/gals at the "top". The players do NOT want these anni packs, they do NOT want people to lvl to high class in only 1 week, and they certainly do NOT want someone deciding things without considering the player base opinions.

So whoever is up there "deciding" what is good for the game, think again. Whatever you decide, does NOT mean it's good for the game in the long run. And trust me, "we" the "experienced" online players , have more experience in our little toe then you have in your whole brain.

And that's the dam truth, like it or not.
Post edited by brantanor on

Comments

• The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How are the snowmen stupid? They were fun last year and they are again this year. Sucks that the living snowmen wont be in this year. b:cry
  • Shalera - Dreamweaver
    Shalera - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    How are the snowmen stupid? They were fun last year and they are again this year. Sucks that the living snowmen wont be in this year. b:cry

Typical that you only read the part about the snowmen. Which is only a part of the whole topic point.
  • The_Forgoten - Lost City
    The_Forgoten - Lost City Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Typical that you only read the part about the snowmen. Which is only a part of the whole topic point.

O.o Troll alert. I read the whole post, the snowmen part was the only thing I had a comment on.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    They do whatever is good for making money and won't instantly destroy the game.

Unfortunately none of us can predict what will happen in the future.
  • FooFoo_ - Heavens Tear
    FooFoo_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The snowmen ROCK!!! I have looked forward to having them back this year even if they cause some massive lag issues. I do hope they can get the living snowmen quest sorted out though that one was fun to do last year too. Played some cruel jokes on guildies about having to have a full squad to kill the carrot nosed snowman was all in good fun though. As with all "events" in this or any other game they are optional to do if one doesn't suit your taste then don't do it move on an wait for one that you enjoy. Majority of all events I enjoy in some fashion or another the only ones I don't particularly like are the ones that involve the cash shop. I think calling a sale an event in a game is selling the intelligence level of the gamers short but that's just my opinion, and for those "events" I don't do much participating in unless its a "fashion event" err sale.
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    brantanor wrote: »

Think for a minute you guys/gals at the "top". SOME players do NOT want these anni packs, they do NOT want people to lvl to high class in only 1 week

Fixed it for you.

Some players are buying the oracles and anni packs, so yes they do want them.
    If no one bought them they wouldnt have been brought back.

Making bold sweeping statements are all very well but ultimately pointless since they mostly end up being untrue.

I wasnt to happy to see the return of anni packs, but Im also not stupid enough to think everyone or even the majority of players hate them.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The truth is, these packs keep the game/servers up and running. Cant really hate them.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I love the snowmen, they rocked last year i just had no use for chi then.. so they are even better this year
    and honestly whats not to like about the anni packs... I can spend 1g and get enough mp recovery items to almost be a full plat charm (6g value) I am stocking up for that and if i get anything else .. well hey bonus b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emosky01
    emosky01 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    what is grinding
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I love the snowmen, they rocked last year i just had no use for chi then.. so they are even better this year
    and honestly whats not to like about the anni packs... I can spend 1g and get enough mp recovery items to almost be a full plat charm (6g value) I am stocking up for that and if i get anything else .. well hey bonus b:victory

problem with annipacks is that they are killing people who dont have much money. im a cleric and honestly i cant survive without charms, but i cant make 2m just to buy a gold charm that lasts for 2 days, it takes 2x that amount of time to grind the gold, then i use my cahrm while grinding lol xD and I dont have money to buy zen with. The ppl hording the annipacks, and any packs for that matter are cause the zen prices to sky rocket, and there isnt a long enough period of time between these sales and packs to let gold prices settle back down. look at it from the game companys point of view... people use real cash to buy the packs, gold prices start rising because of demand, then it becomes too expensive to spend ingame coins on the gold to buy the annipacks, so those people use real money to get annipacks, and gold prices go higher because they decide to make some cash off of the higher gold prices... the whole time PWE is sitting back watching their wallets expand

btw i understand everything this thread is about, except the snowmen, i love em, them are challenging and fun to kill, and good for lower lvls, and i can finally use my genie i put so much time, money, exp and sp, and effort into!! (imma continue to farm the snowmen as long as they are out!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    problem with annipacks is that they are killing people who dont have much money. im a cleric and honestly i cant survive without charms, but i cant make 2m just to buy a gold charm that lasts for 2 days, it takes 2x that amount of time to grind the gold, then i use my cahrm while grinding lol xD and I dont have money to buy zen with.

every pack = 15 tokens
    3 tokens = 50 yaunxaio (or whatever, not in game atm)
    each yaunxaio gives 5,000mp, so 15 tokens would be around 1,250,000 mp recovery for 1g
    ok gold mp charms give you 900k and they are 4g, plat gives 1,800k (i think?) and are 6g

for 6 packs / 6 g i can get 7,500k recovery or roughly 4 plat charms (24g value)

ok gold value does go up but atm it is hovering around 440k that makes that 6 gold cost 2.6 mil. compaired to say they price was to drop back to 200k (value of hammer to gold chest) 1.2 mil so you could get 2 charms for the cost of one currently but it still doesnt match the value of the yaunxaio. gold would have to be 800k or more per to be the same value

add to that you dont waste charm ticks when you dont need it (casting squad buffs or say when your grinding and can sit and rest between if you want) you can easy hold BB while using them.

also the wardrobe stones are about 50 silver cheaper with tokens then buying them direct if you do the math on them as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arron - Dreamweaver
    Arron - Dreamweaver Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    every pack = 15 tokens
    3 tokens = 50 yaunxaio (or whatever, not in game atm)
    each yaunxaio gives 5,000mp, so 15 tokens would be around 1,250,000 mp recovery for 1g
    ok gold mp charms give you 900k and they are 4g, plat gives 1,800k (i think?) and are 6g

for 6 packs / 6 g i can get 7,500k recovery or roughly 4 plat charms (24g value)

ok gold value does go up but atm it is hovering around 440k that makes that 6 gold cost 2.6 mil. compaired to say they price was to drop back to 200k (value of hammer to gold chest) 1.2 mil so you could get 2 charms for the cost of one currently but it still doesnt match the value of the yaunxaio. gold would have to be 800k or more per to be the same value

add to that you dont waste charm ticks when you dont need it (casting squad buffs or say when your grinding and can sit and rest between if you want) you can easy hold BB while using them.

also the wardrobe stones are about 50 silver cheaper with tokens then buying them direct if you do the math on them as well.

very good point. and if you think the game isnt fun because of a supposedly moronic event which in fact is quite fun, a supposedly stupiud anni pack which i dont even use so i dont care, and a supposedly stupid pack event which gives people good stuff, why not go and quit like the others who did when the packs were FIRST released?

Yea, they change our economy and gold prices, and gold affects lots of things, like fash, aero's, mounts, mats, etc. But they keep the game running, pay PWE's employees and allow them to add new stuff.

THINK! If there were no employees, would our game here be as good as it is now?
    "Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • pezizgood
    pezizgood Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    "ANY decent gamer knows you have to keep people playing the game, they need to be motivated to stay. Adding countless and countless moronic items and events to a wonderful game will bring it eventually down."
    ANY decent company knows that to stay in business you have to make money. I do agree that a lot of the packs are moronic, but I'd rather have dumb packs if it means more expansions like Tideborn in the future.

"And trust me, "we" the "experienced" online players , have more experience in our little toe then you have in your whole brain."
    What experience? Sitting-in-front-of-a-computer-for-hours experience? How about business management experience, do you have that? I know I don't.
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I only had fun till lv 20...then I came to Archo, wanted and should have quit back then but instead I kept going on wich I strongly regret after 3 months.

b:sad
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye