No more Xmas event -.-

zeldahunter
zeldahunter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Official Announcements
I know there are hundreds of posts on the Xmas event but this on is me asking to get rid of it. Honestly, it just creates huge lag and can crash peoples clients upon logging into the game. The amount of people participating in this event makes it incomparably hard to kill a snowman even with bow. Also...the drops are not worth it...chi stones, fireworks and the occasional Dice Ticket. If you think this is just a waste of time...post it here, caus I want the GM's to get rid of this event. One more thing I forgot to mention is that it makes it impossible to do the lvl 20-29 quests. And right now because of the Tideborn, there are alot of people in that category.
Post edited by zeldahunter on

Comments

• Psytrac - Raging Tide
    Psytrac - Raging Tide Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want it to STAY, it's about time we had an actual event and not some lametastic sale.

suck it up and deal with it, or stay off PWI a week.

some of us want to enjoy an event.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm not having any problems b:surrender if anything i've noticed that the places i need to go for quests are much more empty due to everyone being in cities.... though i suppose if you had to go through west arch then it would suck =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    QQ
    don't be sad just because your computer and/or connection be bad.
    b:chuckle

.........also you be in the wrong section me think....
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    storehammy wrote: »
    .........also you be in the wrong section me think....

^ This ^

Suggestion section maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When we have a real event you want them to take it out?

QQ more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Oh hai der QQ.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    When we have a real event you want them to take it out?

QQ more.
    probably a cs baby who doesn't want profits going down for them
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    probably a cs baby who doesn't want profits going down for them

Rofl troll.

Also...earlier in this thread you agreed with me. o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You forgot the "don't care" option in the poll. Seriously do you want them to have a 'xmas pack' sale at the same time as anni packs instead or what?
    People will whine about anything.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    Rofl troll.

Also...earlier in this thread you agreed with me. o_O
    I was still agreeing with you, I was talking about op
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009

Ohh okay. b:chuckle

Probably not a cs baby anyway, just someone who doesn't understand the usefulness of the snowmen. If I was new and didn't know anything about genies and whatnot, these chi stones would be completely useless to me...and as a low level it's frustrating when you can't get drops but high levels do. b:surrender

Just gotta get the hang of it though, and a good spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary
    Purra_Pearl - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love the Christmas event. Unfortunately, I am wrapping presents, cleaning house, and am deep into the holiday baking right now, so am unable to participate. I do hope that once I am free they will double, or even triple, the number of snowmen that are spawned, because the servers are heavy with the lag of added tideN00bz (haha including my new assassin!) and there just aren't enough snowmen to go around. MOAR SNOWMENZ PLOX! KTHNX! b:victory
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Lag issues? ctrl F9
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    would have been better if they didnt put it in a crowded place and honestly how can u compare ann packs with these snow men snowmen give worthless stuff but packs give only best things possible lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Rastelin - Heavens Tear
    Rastelin - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It's nice to have an event but an event that requires me to get a bow and arrows for my wiz to participate in is lame. I'm not hating on it or QQing I just won't participate in it. I'm not the only person who feels this way. If some people like this event then enjoy it but I don't. b:bye
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    would have been better if they didnt put it in a crowded place and honestly how can u compare ann packs with these snow men snowmen give worthless stuff but packs give only best things possible lol
    speak for yourself, the CHI stones are very handy to me
  • Stagnate - Heavens Tear
    Stagnate - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I agree about the bow but love the chi stones and the anni packs have put a hurting on this game not helped it.
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I agree about the bow but love the chi stones and the anni packs have put a hurting on this game not helped it.
    the chi stones haven't hurt anything, if anything it helped
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i want the Christmas event as it was last year....the WHOLE event, not just a handful of stingy snowmen.

go check out Jade Dynasty, for a full out Christmas event! its beautiful!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    meh those snowmen making me lag in every starter town n not to talk about the lag on archo b:shocked when they gonna be kicked?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This year's Christmas event is a joke. What event? A handful of snowmen in the cities that people without a bow shouldn't even bother attempting to kill is an event?

I thought it would be good when I found the quest for the living snowmen. But apparently this year we just get a quest that we can't complete because there are no living snowmen. Yay, a quest to trash and extra lag! Great event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It makes me lag even more when i'm in arch to get my bh T.T
    And what do they drop? Stupid chi stones and some firework.. You can get those chi stones if you decompose equipment too..

But I'm trying to stay out of arch now. I'm just doing quests in the swamp and where ever i have to go for quests. But it sure is lame that when you finally kill a snowmen it doesn't drop anything T.T
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Noxin - Dreamweaver
    Noxin - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I love the Snowmen.

They should just cut the spam they do.
    - Lvl 95 Veno, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 60 Cleric, Dreamwaver
    - Lvl 80 Assa, Dreamwaver
  • Psytrac - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    I love the Snowmen.

They should just cut the spam they do.
    it should be whispers to you, I KNOW that's possible..
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well maybe for u the chi stones seem good but ann packs were only for high lvls and high lvls have better ways to make chi stones i was merely saying u cant compare ann packs to chi stones lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • MetalsSource - Lost City
    MetalsSource - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    the snowmen r awesome!!! i would never get rid of em... but if u want ive been building a new comp and stocking on internet info. if u want tell me wich internet u have and ill tell u wats wrong with it and why ur getting lags.
  • Velarious - Heavens Tear
    Velarious - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i personaly think the event is good in some way even tho it involves being in a lagy town only.

in an hour or so at lvl 35 i managed to get 35% and 120k stamina for my genie and quite alot of hell/heaven/human stones, not to shabby me thinks.
  • LadyKirah - Heavens Tear
    LadyKirah - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I know there are hundreds of posts on the Xmas event but this on is me asking to get rid of it. Honestly, it just creates huge lag and can crash peoples clients upon logging into the game. The amount of people participating in this event makes it incomparably hard to kill a snowman even with bow. Also...the drops are not worth it...chi stones, fireworks and the occasional Dice Ticket. If you think this is just a waste of time...post it here, caus I want the GM's to get rid of this event. One more thing I forgot to mention is that it makes it impossible to do the lvl 20-29 quests. And right now because of the Tideborn, there are alot of people in that category.

I do not want to get rid of this event. It's useful to me. I love the Chi stones. What does it have with the possibility of doindg 220-29 quests?
    This year's Christmas event is a joke. What event? A handful of snowmen in the cities that people without a bow shouldn't even bother attempting to kill is an event?

I thought it would be good when I found the quest for the living snowmen. But apparently this year we just get a quest that we can't complete because there are no living snowmen. Yay, a quest to trash and extra lag! Great event.

No living snowmen is a big no-no. But... you know, I'm an assassin and I managed to kill snowmen for the worth of 90k stamina for my genie. And no, I don't use always throw knife ;)
    It makes me lag even more when i'm in arch to get my bh T.T
    And what do they drop? Stupid chi stones and some firework.. You can get those chi stones if you decompose equipment too..

But I'm trying to stay out of arch now. I'm just doing quests in the swamp and where ever i have to go for quests. But it sure is lame that when you finally kill a snowmen it doesn't drop anything T.T

Yes, you can get the chi stones if you decompose things... but how much equip I would have to decompose to get that amount?

I completed my mirage with the drops from snowmen, got some hp/mp stuff. I really can't complain, you know.
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    would have been better if they didnt put it in a crowded place

I agree with this. They should have made it so that there are snowmen in every town with a teleporter. That way it would spread people out across the map and reduce the lag in the large cities.
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
This discussion has been closed.