Pure Tiger Barb guide (PVE)

124»

Comments

• Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hate to burst your bubbles demon barbs...but I did a lil test last night on my lvl101 sage barb...

I killed mobs using no skills at all just regular hits in tiger form and recorded the average vs human form...

As I suspected, Sage True Form has full damage just like demon True Form, even though Sage doesn't state as much.

AAAAAAaaaaand if you don't believe me find another sage barb to show you!

Just figured I'd point out a misconception (or rather PWI mess up) about sage vs demon True Form b:surrender
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lots of info in your post.

I'm using tiger form to fight - and liking it. sure it is very slow compared to my sin (at same level). But it tanks like its invincible.

Now, about weapons; which is best for the low levels (below 50)?
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lots of info in your post.

I'm using tiger form to fight - and liking it. sure it is very slow compared to my sin (at same level). But it tanks like its invincible.

Now, about weapons; which is best for the low levels (below 50)?

Level 22 Poleaxe http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8282
    Level 30 Axes http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8286
    Level 41 Polehammer http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/8279

If you can't find these or don't have the Divine Honors, you can also look in AH to see if there's a decent regular weapon in your level range or try crafting your own at a blacksmith.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks

Out of curiosity, last night I tried timing human-form and tiger-form against same mobs.

There was very very little difference in kill times. Tiger was identical if I spammed Flesh Ream.
  • Blaxton - Raging Tide
    Blaxton - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks

Out of curiosity, last night I tried timing human-form and tiger-form against same mobs.

There was very very little difference in kill times. Tiger was identical if I spammed Flesh Ream.

Level 1 and 2 True Form do not reduce damage as much as Level 3 and Sage. Also Flesh Ream's bleed damage stacks, so spamming it will build up some nice extra damage. You can further increase your damage by using Devour first and then stack Flesh Reams and/or switch to human form and attack.
  • talagrey
    talagrey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am working on my barb, I used full tiger this time, it may take me a few seconds longer to kill a monster than a human barb at my lvl but so what. FR stacks and if you keep your skills maxed your dmg is decent and as you progress the difference in dmg becomes mute. For me I prefer to solo while I can, the tiger form makes that cheap and easy and it test my ability to use my character. Beside in tiger form I can hold my own against 3 to 4 enemies of my lvl nicely as long as there not all magic based that is. The question you should ask yourself when building your barb is what do you want. Both sides have there merit. Humans work better with sage and tigers with demons for a nice balanced build. Maybe you want high defense or a higher attack if you know what you'r doing you can make the build you choose work for you. Remember this is about having fun it is a game after all.
  • BoneAlator - Dreamweaver
    BoneAlator - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hate to burst your bubbles demon barbs...but I did a lil test last night on my lvl101 sage barb...

I killed mobs using no skills at all just regular hits in tiger form and recorded the average vs human form...

As I suspected, Sage True Form has full damage just like demon True Form, even though Sage doesn't state as much.

AAAAAAaaaaand if you don't believe me find another sage barb to show you!

Just figured I'd point out a misconception (or rather PWI mess up) about sage vs demon True Form b:surrender

Im rather sorry to break up ur statement here, buth ive been testing this myself since i got a demon and sage lvl 101 barb with the same skill sets (actually both full demon and sage skilled) and i noticed the difference in tiger alot, where my demon barb does with only self buffs and the same gear as my sage barb about 13-15k a hit in tiger, my sage barb does only a small 9-10k, why can i say its completely the same gear, they share their armor. Both also do the same amount of damage in human, both going from 13 till 15k, ijs the damage reduction in tiger as sage is noticable, not that much since barbs never been DD's buth every tiny bit helps.
  • Ranker - Raging Tide
    Ranker - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    very nicely done love it keep the good work up xD
  • socilparty
    socilparty Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    is 300 really enough to solo instances? or can I still do 3str and 2 Vit after 60 Dex?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    TY for the chance that you gave me to comment on a 6 year Necro.
    I can die in peace nowb:pleased

Oh yes, its a Necro. You should open a new thread.
    This thread will be closed and no one will answer you.b:bye
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    think we can comment on sticky threads as long as they are stickied. Dont quote me just a hunch tho.

In any case pandas nead love too.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya i just realized is a sticky. I A BIG IDIOT.Excuse me while I will go in a bathtub and cry in fetus position.
    giphy.gif

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya i just realized is a sticky. I A BIG IDIOT.Excuse me while I will go in a bathtub and cry in fetus position.

*pats fetus* itll be okay, this thread will go back to being dead for another 2 years. No one will ever know what transcended here todayb:chuckle
  • sinithsky
    sinithsky Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well since this is a sticky, i'll answer your question. 300 str is enough to solo instances, if you go S3 or r9rr str will be a bonus stat on most if not all the pieces. even before i ra my barb he had 300 base str and could easily solo both 89 dungeons. i dont normally buy charms or defense pots so i use 3spark, invoke the spirit, and sunder to manage health and defenses. Blood bath is great for the low accuracy issue as the higher lvls have a reduced effect on your health, and Bestial Rag e when pulling is great for building chi up quickly (ten to 15 mobs hitting you at once multiply by 5 chi per hit chi builds up fast). crab meats are more than enough for hp pots if needed. the genie skill Tree of Protection can be a lifesaver. basically if you know the skills well (gear makes a differencce too) you can solo/tank just about anything and everything.
    It's not how CRAZY I AM that but how much I ENJOY it that makes me DANGEROUS!
    in a singsong voice "I can destroy the world. total Anhailation, wiping out every nation. i will cleanse the glove with fire."
    10 points to those who know where that's from