Pure Tiger Barb guide (PVE)

Options

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You really think that you can't be a good barb if you use human form? How obnoxious can you get.. I mean yea you CAN use tiger for grinding and such, and it's basically a must for instances, but is it the only option? Hell no. Have fun when you're 9x and have all of your human skills at 1. You won't be able to pk for sht and how long until you get bored of purely tanking?

IJS
    Peace. b:bye

what part of "Pure Tiger Barb Guide (PvE)" don't you get?

I fail at seeing how you interpreted this as a guide on how to make a PKer.
    Don't think i really could have made it any clearer...
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On The discussion of what lvl to leave the skill alacrity of beast:

also see the new edited second post on the first page of this thread (which ends with the following)

Alacrity of beast
    while every other tiger skill you will eventually max, many people say to stop this skill at lvl 7 or 8

this is becuase it make most monster's skill cooldown is the same time are your skill cooldown at 7-8 seconds
    HOWEVER....
    i disagree, i max this skill, and here are my reasons:

first of all, becuase the cooldown is the same as the monster's cooldown u need to use the skill right when it becomes available. which sometimes can be too slow due to lag or u having clicked another skill right beforehand

second: assuming u used the skill but was too late on the cancel u would need to skip the next cancel becuase your cooldown would overlap when u were supposed to cancel it. so in the long run u miss 2 cancels in a row

Maxing this skill shorten ur cooldown to less than the enemies and allowing for a cancel which u were too late on to be cooled down in time for u to make the next cancel.

Maxing this skill does more damage

When fighting mobs alone. sometimes u make the killing blow with or right after a skill cancel with alacrity.
    maxing this skill will allow u to attack the next mob (which starts with a skill) faster (orchid petails for example) without having to wait as long for a cooldown.

Yes, maxing this skill will give you the neigh impossible task of counting so such exceedingly high numbers as 1 or 2 in your head before you use it again, in order to make the next cancel. But I feel that i add this in case there are few people out their who's mental capacity is high enough to accomplish such a herculean task.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    bump so a friend can find it
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Have anyone tried the stat modifiers from gears? I haven't yet

STR, DEX, VIT, MAG are the best add-ons for any class depending on the class (I.E STR, DEX and VIT)

I'm capping my total STR at 300, and DEX at 60 if this is true. Decent guide though. Though it could be better

Devour is really reliable for tanking and soloing. I always use devour on barb... 4 seconds of attack level debuff seems small but so is the cooldown, I spam devour a lot , which really helps , only 2 seconds of the attack level debuff is really low and not noticeable when you spam it. 35 chi is nothing imho, especially when you go sage as you have a chance gain 35 chi instead (if thats correct about sage barbs, no sage/demon discussion please lol)

So 6 seconds cooldown - 4 seconds of attack level debuff. Which is why spamming skills are so easy to make skills that costs chi easy to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Well i have been leveling since lvl 9 in tiger form most of the time.. even when i get my armageddon i still think leveling in tiger rocks..

flesh ream higher level rocks.. using a low level weapon.. i can still take down most of the 20k hp mob with no sweat with flesh ream , aladacity of beast and beastial rage.

it is like barb version of archer's combo of take aim, freeze, knockback arrow..b:chuckleb:chuckle

Roar is use in instances 2-3 mob are attacking your team mate.. 1 roar will pull all the mob to you.. and if your team mate is smart enough.. those with low hp will know not to attack.. those that still can.. will take this time to kill the mob while they come to you.

its overrall a good guide for a tiger barb guide.
    b:victory
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    im very sorry for what happen in the last edit, with the pwi annivery girts the sait didnt load properly and the fix post was mostly deleted, luckly i was able to view the old vesrion and have restored the post. ill have to make the new changes i made all over again but for the time being at least the guide is back.

when i get the time ill go back and fix some grammar errors and update some more data.

but the first post should be back up properly now

EDIT ok its still having issues. trying to get this fixed
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Options
    update:

ok i got the first post back up and running (for real this time)

after testing i found that after it always cut off after text between "quotes"

still not know why.. but atleast was was able to get the full post up by removeing all the "" between things
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    bump so friend can find
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is some excellent information here from the OP.

It would do many of our new barb brethren wonders to read through it. No question there is some wisdom contained within its words.

As such, Fuzzy makes it a sticky to our barb house.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    updated 3rd posts for some skill book choices.

and ty for sticky b:thanks.

will be a whole lot easier to find, edit, and just as importantly update it.
    as well is a lot easier to explain to somone ingame how to access it.

just stay "look at the sticky in the barb forum",
    and not
    "log on forums search for whatnot go to the Xrd page and its the Xth one down" which like changes every time a new post is made. which usually only ends up with a blank stare in return.
  • Healz_Plz - Raging Tide
    Healz_Plz - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hey newcomer to the game, Furries thank you very much for this guide i will follow it to the core b:pleased
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Good job with the thread. I'm glad this got a sticky.
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    TBH Dai's guide is more comprehensive and already covers most of the content in this thread in a easier to follow format.

I don't understand why this is stickied, the only reason I can think of is that Dai's guide is no long updated, but that isn't a real issue seeing as more than 90% of the content are still relevant almost 2 years later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    lvl 92 skills aded
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    your sentence had a few errors.. i fixed it for u...

When you grow up big and strong like us, you can correct our grammar.

Demon Beastial Onslaught + Tree Of Protection + Demon Armageddon + GX's =

More damage than you can ever imagine

All stand-up skills.

Until you go Demon, all of your *damage* is nerfed in TigerForm.

Stand up like a Big Boy and kill things.

RedMenace

\got a series of 294k crits on TT mobs with the above
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    what part of "Pure Tiger Barb Guide (PvE)" don't you get?

I fail at seeing how you interpreted this as a guide on how to make a PKer.
    Don't think i really could have made it any clearer...

If you're gonna stay in Tiger Form all day, then build for that and go Sage.

If you want to do damage, build for that and go Demon.

Level both sets of skills, because you will use all of them at one point or another.

Make up your mind. You're either a Pure Tank or a Pure DD, or some combination. Being insulted because we don't know what your trying to say is counter-productive.

I'm a demon barb that does serious damage in stand-up, and does full damage in tanking form to hold aggro from serious DDers.

You might *suggest* the path you have chosen, instead of insisting it's the only way. Especially since you haven't gone past 90 yet.

RedMenace

\crank it back a notch, eh?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2010
    Options
    When you grow up big and strong like us, you can correct our grammar.

Demon Beastial Onslaught + Tree Of Protection + Demon Armageddon + GX's =

More damage than you can ever imagine

All stand-up skills.

Until you go Demon, all of your *damage* is nerfed in TigerForm.

Stand up like a Big Boy and kill things.

RedMenace

\got a series of 294k crits on TT mobs with the above
    let me try to get this straight...

your quoting my responce a post thats over a year old..
    from a banned member...
    which is referring to parts of the guide that have been updated about 30+ times since that post was made...

umm you you trying to go somewhere with this or are you just trying to troll me?
    have u even READ the post?

when i said you "cant go both forums to be any good"

i was kind referring to the lvls 1-89 when you don't have enough spirit to throw on skills in both forms.

you can go pure human and have great human skills, but then you would be useless in tiger form, which in a sqaud.. is what ur supposed to do.. be the tank not a dd.
    if you choose to go both form you wont be very good at either. this guide is show people have to be barbs that are useful in a SQUAD as well as being wonderful for solo.

YES go pure human, YES you can go both. But when people squad with a barb they want to do the barbs role, which is to tank.
  • Lonedirewolf - Heavens Tear
    Lonedirewolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As a total newbie, I'd like to ask if:

47 STR and 27 VIT works for a pure tiger barb?(My DEX is low b:sweat)
    I followed either a different guide or just jabbed points into what I think is necessary, I can't remember.
    Is STR supposed to be the highest, following DEX then VIT?

EDIT: The math got me confused a bit, but I did read the guide.
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So in my opinion, i wouldnt worry to much about your basic skills. Those are easily maxed around 90+ And if you dont have the coin/spirit then start TTing. Obviously if you want to bh to 85+ then your going to want to focus on tank skills. After 85+ get into FC squads and your going to make a TON of spirit along with exp. The skills you really should plan ahead for are your demon/sage skills. Not only are you paying for price of the book(Barb books on rt range from 300k-20m), your paying 1m+ to learn it along with 1m+ spirit. As for your stats, pick out your end game gear and weapon and then dump the left over into whatever you choose. some like dex for acc, some like vit for hp/def, some like str... for str... b:shocked Good guide. Until next time, stay classy barbs b:bye
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    being a stickied guide, i would like to make this as clear as possible. if you see any grammatical mistakes, things that should just be reworded, suggestions, or anything u think i should fix ,feel free to pm me or post here and ill get them fixed as soon as possible. ill also add your name at the bottom of the guide in recognition of your help.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    being a stickied guide, i would like to make this as clear as possible. if you see any grammatical mistakes, things that should just be reworded, suggestions, or anything u think i should fix ,feel free to pm me or post here and ill get them fixed as soon as possible. ill also add your name at the bottom of the guide in recognition of your help.

There are names of skills that should be capitalised, and it's missing a few periods, but otherwise it seems all in order. And at the bottom, it says you aren't 79, but going by your avatar you clearly are.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There are names of skills that should be capitalised, and it's missing a few periods, but otherwise it seems all in order. And at the bottom, it says you aren't 79, but going by your avatar you clearly are.

yeah i actually posted this guide over a year ago, it just didn't get sticked for a long time.

back then i wasnt 79.

i removed that now ty.

it's gone though a lot of revisions.
  • Vinexan - Sanctuary
    Vinexan - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "This skill will cancel any enemy channeling, however you wont find many mobs with skills for a while, so you wont need to use it that often. But if you see any pretty lights on an enemy try to cancel the skill."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] This my Tank :D b:pleased
  • Packet - Raging Tide
    Packet - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the very clear guide, I'm following that right now, will see how it goes =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    added the lvl 99 skills
  • vitocorleone
    vitocorleone Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    barb is not to use fist but thats just me.

Get a pan gu axe
    seal of solitude ring x2
    Rank 9 full gear except weapon
    cube necklace
    Wing of cloudcharger cape for speed and decent vit and refines pretty good
    Nirvana ancestral helm.

Only add dex and vit for gear and weapon and restat to vit
    Add vit stones or jade of steady defence on your gear.
    I prefer the hp coz in a TW you get to work with the hp and with your invoke and the genie skills + charm

Best build for grinding too if you have to
    HF:P
  • Tigorianis - Archosaur
    Tigorianis - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Whats the point of just being a tank,Dont u wanna attack too?
    So it's actually a idiotic idea to always be tiger form
    Peace Outb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options

umm, You can attack in tiger form too b:laugh
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    made some updates to my newly aquired lvl 99 skills and some of my older 92 skills, also explained how to exp dump in genie to get the needed spirit to max skills
  • Mayared - Archosaur
    Mayared - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    umm, You can attack in tiger form too b:laugh

that`s a man dat has not have his skills on lvl

i`m a 87 barb can do my quest on my one just white sunder,surf impact and alacrity of the beast and frighten on lvl 10 i almost don`t need hp potions

and i can kil white out long breaks .