At a total loss- info needed.

Options
brantanor
brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Cleric
Hi all,

I'm a lvl 57 cleric and currently i'm at a total loss concering what weapon to use...and what ornaments i really need.

My build is Arcane - 50 Vit (survival), str for armor/weapon, rest all Mag.
Armor is the tortoise set (all blue stars with 11 sockets total (all P.def)).
Using Pdef ornaments except for the MA rings.

I compared the dmg in my stat window between General Summers Msword and my Wheel of Fate.
The Wheel comes out with more Matk then the sword, so for me the choice was obvious. Both were sharded with M.atk.

Now i hear some saying that the Sword would be better to use..? Which i highly doubt tbh.

So i opted to go with the Wheel, and refined it to +2 (atm). Planning to go to +3 if need be.

BUT. Now here's the tricky part, some people say to use the Wheel till mid 60's or even longer, and some say to use the lvl 60 weapon (TT i think it is).
I don't plan on investing loads of cash just to buy an expensive weapon when my current weapon is imo awesome with its -3% channeling/added stats.

So, should i sell the Wheel and get that TT weapon, or keep my Wheel and refine it higher ?

Second, since my armor gives me lots of element resists, do i keep P.def ornaments or should i change to elemental resist ones ? Because whenever i get to melee mobs, i'm having a harder time with them. And i don't know how many melee mobs there still are after lvl 60 :s

Third, is it worth to make MA charms to up my dmg ? Cause i'm soloing a lot and i consume loads of em whenever i use em...

don't reply if you're "not sure", but Thx for any advice.
Post edited by brantanor on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) The Wheel is OK....I prob would have suggested the Supply Stash Lvl 50 weapon but to each there own. Anyways, you can go without the TT60 since you do not need it to make the TT70 HOWEVER...I am not sure that the Wheel would last long unless you did refine it further and even then I think it would be a waste of coins/resources.

2) Pdef

3) Eh....charms can help, I personally never used them and did fine. I still really don't use them. On occasion for like TW but otherwise, eh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options

1) Well one thing you need to take into consideration is that you will HAVE to buy the TT weapons (or either run TT to get the mats to make) sometime whether today or a month later. Because the cleric TT weapon branches off lvl to lvl from basically 1 single TT60 weapon. You MIGHT find it more expensive to buy pre-made TT weapons since they are already refined/sharded. Say you want to make a TT80. Youll need a TT70 weapon to decompose, which, would be most likely cheaper to have your own than buy from an outside source.

2)PDEF XD

3)Basically you dont need them if you know how to pay attention when your HP and MP are draining so you can fill yourself manually. Are you the kind of person that does NOT forget to fill their HP AND MP in an 'oh sh*t' situation, when you Plume shell and it drains your MP fast?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) If you level fast, I'd suggest using the wheel until 70. I mean, should you really get a TT60 just for 5 levels? My cleric went from 40 to 50 on a lvl 39 wep. (and it worked pretty well too; I soloed suzy with it at lvl 50)

2) Probably P.Def, though you may want some HP depending on your build. Elemental shards are generally a waste of money and sockets.

3) Meh, I never use them and I do fine. You may want to use them for boss fights, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    1) If you level fast, I'd suggest using the wheel until 70. I mean, should you really get a TT60 just for 5 levels? My cleric went from 40 to 50 on a lvl 39 wep. (and it worked pretty well too; I soloed suzy with it at lvl 50)
    question is do you want to spend more money on a ready refined and sharded TT60 to decomp and make your TT70, or a TT70 to decomp and make your TT80. Its cheaper the long run to make and use them as u go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Thx all for the info,

i did think that Pdef was the way to go, so now i just refined some of those ornaments and got extra element resists anyway :) , celes are not so expensive, at least when you do your quests , lol
    I know clerics aren't supposed to "tank", but i can easily manage several mobs at once, even the semi bosses are fine. As long as they all aren't melees...And there's always my Genie to decrease the dmg i take or silence a melee.(forgot about that one)

As for the weapon, i refined the Wheel to +3 as i stated before, and my MA is very good imo. I'll probably keep it to lvl 65-70 (somewhere in between).

I did see some nice Mswords in AH with a bit more Matk power, but it's not worth the cash they're asking for :s and i would lose the -3% channeling.

Plannning on doing TT with faction when i get the lvl for it, i think it's best to make it myself then buy a TT weapon. Even if i don't use it, i didn't realize you needed it to make a lvl 70 one ...

As for charms, i think it's best to just decompose drops to get stones and keep charms for bosses or FB runs for now. As most of you prolly don't need em, i won't either.

Again, thx for the input, at least now i know i wasn't doing completely the wrong thing b:pleased