Quest to obtain lvl 4 tailoring/bs/crafting etc

Options
baabzi
baabzi Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Crafting Nook
Hi everyone ^__^
Just wondering, it says that the quest(s) require 2star of said weapons/armor/accessories and what not... what happens if the items you manufacture aren't 2star? You have to remanufacture? If that's the case, how many times do you have to manufacture to get it to be 2 stars? What would be a good recommended amount of these almost-near-impossible-to-find materials that you can get from mobs that are like 20 levels lower? You have to buy the mats?? That are so impossible to find?? WTF T_T. People overprice lower mats on the Auction House and in personal shops. I just don't get it. If it's a 100% successful creation and you get the 2star right away then I have no beef. Someone who's grinded this out could you please inform me? Thanks.

P.S. Yes I read the sticky. No I didn't find my answer.
Post edited by baabzi on

Comments

• iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    2 star items have something like a 30% chance of being made with 67% chance of it being 1 star and 3% chance of being 3 star, at least according to the database.

The limited amount of items that I've produced so far seems to follow the pattern (mostly 1 star items, a few 2 star items, no 3 star items due to very low sample number, at most I've produced maybe 20 to 30 items)

Make a lower level alt to farm the materials. Doesn't take that long to get to level 30 or so where monsters drop these materials especially if you've kept most of your old gear.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • baabzi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the 2 star requirement is very frustrating. the mats are way too overpriced and ugh its just so annoying altogether. I grinded a whole level farming silk thread from lvl 36/37 mobs i got 20 silk thread in that period of time. i had enough mats for 3 items. here's what happens and my exact proceeding thought. item one: 1 star. item two: 1 star. item three: 3 stars. my thought: SON OF A *****.

the bottom line is that unless you're familiar with this game already, you don't know to hold onto those mats when you're at the lvl to get them unless someone tells you to. in my case i researched it and found this astonishingly stupid quests that you have to do for lvl 4 professions and lvl 6.

answer to my prayers? increase drop rates on silk thread/rough fur/purified oil/concentrated glue ... it solves everything. the high prices... the time consumption. if not increased drop rates, then may i propose 1 star requirement?

the end.
  • iceknave
    iceknave Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You can also check the auction house and see if someone is selling a 2 star item you need.

The 3 star item usually goes for a pretty nice price on the AH because people looking to upgrade their weapon usually want a 2 star or better weapon.
    Induction ID (Doomsbog): 3080068X031808024008351Z3f4d22
  • baabzi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    well guys, on heaven's tear... 2 star quest items go for 350k+ and as a lvl 40-50 player it seems a little extravagant to pay that much money for 1 item. it would be easier if they just fixed the drop rate.
  • Vesperr - Dreamweaver
    Vesperr - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Exactly! On Dreamweaver 1 of those stupid items go for 400k and I need 3 for each profession... I am with baabzi on this one, they should increase drop rate or just change the stupid requirement.
  • baabzi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    lol, tbh i was under-exaggerating. the prices on HT, at least for the past i'd say 3 weeks or more... have not been under 700k. Seriously? Cmon guys. When playing a free game I don't like to complain but this is frustrating. Options are: 1) make an alt and re-grind to farm mats 2)buy them with real life money thus making the free game not free 3)buy them way overpriced in game or 4)buy the mats overpriced in game... I am doing option number 1. because in that light i'm actually making money re-grinding and selling all the dq items i've picked up along the way. its just frustrating. thats all guys.
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Exactly! On Dreamweaver 1 of those stupid items go for 400k and I need 3 for each profession... I am with baabzi on this one, they should increase drop rate or just change the stupid requirement.
    baabzi wrote: »
    lol, tbh i was under-exaggerating. the prices on HT, at least for the past i'd say 3 weeks or more... have not been under 700k. Seriously? Cmon guys. When playing a free game I don't like to complain but this is frustrating. Options are: 1) make an alt and re-grind to farm mats 2)buy them with real life money thus making the free game not free 3)buy them way overpriced in game or 4)buy the mats overpriced in game... I am doing option number 1. because in that light i'm actually making money re-grinding and selling all the dq items i've picked up along the way. its just frustrating. thats all guys.

Yeah, I concur... 900+k for the **Glowing Cuisses, really now?

The whole thing with the price of Mats is insane.
    Either up the drop rate, or change the requirement.

Simply put, The time I spend on an alt I am not going to invest in, ($$$) means I am not spending Coin or Cash with my Main characters.
    Because I need to spend hours grinding for Mats.

No Charms, No GAs, no Cash Shop items needed for mining/grinding alts, of which, much time not money, is spent.

So PWI loses money from that...
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Currently I'm training my veno alt just to farm enough Rough Furs to get lvl 4 Blacksmith and Tailor. Try lvl 34 or 37 Foxwings, they have nice droprate of these.

If you need Purified Oil, try all Wood mobs between levels 30 and 37 (e.g. bees above Allies Camp). Or try Backstabbing Scorpion (lvl 33) since it has still nice droprate and no special element resistances.

For Concentrated Glue, farm Lupine Gladiators (lvl 32) or Lupine Berserkers (lvl 36).

For Silk Threads, farm all kinds of undead which can be found in Secret Passage (fb29), from Ossein Guard (lvl 31) to Resentful Ghoul (lvl 37).

Remember to keep your player level within 2-3 levels range from mobs you farm, otherwise drop ratio will go down.

Good luck hunting!
    Packs World International
  • White_Puma - Lost City
    White_Puma - Lost City Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I don't know how, but for my 3-4 blacksmithing quest, I made all 3 2* weapons in 1 try each..
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone ^__^
    Just wondering, it says that the quest(s) require 2star of said weapons/armor/accessories and what not... what happens if the items you manufacture aren't 2star? You have to remanufacture? If that's the case, how many times do you have to manufacture to get it to be 2 stars? What would be a good recommended amount of these almost-near-impossible-to-find materials that you can get from mobs that are like 20 levels lower? You have to buy the mats?? That are so impossible to find?? WTF T_T. People overprice lower mats on the Auction House and in personal shops. I just don't get it. If it's a 100% successful creation and you get the 2star right away then I have no beef. Someone who's grinded this out could you please inform me? Thanks.

P.S. Yes I read the sticky. No I didn't find my answer.

Hmmm yes it is challenging to get the 2 star. I probably spent about 3 mil on mats and around 10 dollars in the boutique before I decided to just buy the mats from the AH, send out teles saying I'm buying them, or looked in catshops. That added on another few mil. Luckily, being a veno, who is rich and has about an unlimited source of gold, I can afford all that. If you notice, a lot of the more "popular item crafters" tend to either be venos or high levels, often times venos who are high lvls.

So yeah either get lucky, spend a bunch of money, or go **** in your pants and QQ (OR you could find a good guild or friendly player who will make it for you).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    the 2 star requirement is very frustrating. the mats are way too overpriced and ugh its just so annoying altogether. I grinded a whole level farming silk thread from lvl 36/37 mobs i got 20 silk thread in that period of time. i had enough mats for 3 items. here's what happens and my exact proceeding thought. item one: 1 star. item two: 1 star. item three: 3 stars. my thought: SON OF A *****.

the bottom line is that unless you're familiar with this game already, you don't know to hold onto those mats when you're at the lvl to get them unless someone tells you to. in my case i researched it and found this astonishingly stupid quests that you have to do for lvl 4 professions and lvl 6.

answer to my prayers? increase drop rates on silk thread/rough fur/purified oil/concentrated glue ... it solves everything. the high prices... the time consumption. if not increased drop rates, then may i propose 1 star requirement?

the end.

BTW, the reason why the prices are so high is because of the simple supply-demand theory. There are relatively few of the mats and/or items, and lots of people want them (the price goes up). If all of a sudden mats/items were in abundance, and nobody wanted them, they would fall back down to a normal prices. I have seen semi-crappy 2 stars of the crafting items go for more than really good 3 star items of the same type, thats cuz more people want the 2 stars. Btw, there are probably just as many people who want the mat drop rate or manufacture rate to stay high ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Zetarana - Heavens Tear
    Zetarana - Heavens Tear Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone ^__^
    Just wondering, it says that the quest(s) require 2star of said weapons/armor/accessories and what not... If that's the case, how many times do you have to manufacture to get it to be 2 stars? What would be a good recommended amount of these almost-near-impossible-to-find materials that you can get from mobs that are like 20 levels lower?

To try to answer the question... If the percentage to create a 2☆ is 33%~~ then 3 items of each should be planned for, that you are crafting. (in theory, 3 times each material/s to craft one item)

I've hit it on the first or second try and usually by the third, but I've heard of ppl taking 10-12 times before hitting the 2☆.

I would plan, on minimum, to provide mats to manufacture at least 3 of each item.
    In most cases some of the same mats are needed for the other items you are trying to make, so if you get lucky on one or two you could have enough left over for the second or third... =)

Plus you could recoup some of the cost of manufacturing the items by selling the 1☆ items or if you were really lucky the 3☆ item.
    If you get a 3☆ you can also mash it for Mirage Stone/s as well.
    Any Mats left over can also be sold to defray the costs.

Hope this helps...

A side note: I don't know if it really works or not, but it has been said you will have better luck with a Craftsperson that is not crowded.
    It seems to have worked for me, or I could just be very lucky. =)
    Zetarana - Arcane Veno
    Nephandus - Arcane Wizard
    Faction: Nocturne
  • baabzi
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Well everyone, thanks for your opinions but mine hasn't changed. The reason why the prices are so high to begin with is because the drop rate is so low. Because they penalize players that don't hold onto mats by making it impossible to "farm" items at a higher level. My beef is that I had no idea Level 4 required a quest to be complete, let alone items that are created upon luck. My requests aren't insane, and I'm not trying to make the game less fun or challenging by adding an "easy way out". The fact of the matter is that if you're going to penalize a player for being more than two levels above a certain mob for the drop rate to decrease exponentially then don't make the item require luck to create! I'm not qq'ing, I'm not nerd raging lol, this is simply an honest request that would make the game a whole lot easier and less frustrating. This is coming from a player that played wow for 2 years and is just shy of The Exalted/Insane in the Membrane. I don't mind farming, and I stress this, I DON'T MIND IT. It's just the ideology behind it. There is no level of balance. It's just luck.
  • kallina077
    kallina077 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well 3 years later doesn't look like they improved the situation.
    silk at the boutique is 1 gold for 1 silkthread. gold is selling for 1.4 million coins at the moment. I just used 12 silk 15 rough fur and 12 pur oil for another 3 attempts to make three pairs of 1 star pants for a L42. I have already made 2 pairs of 1 star, so thats 5 altogether. i like crafting but thats it for me. i just spent 43euros to expand my inv get a decent flyer and a mount but you know what. I just dont want to play this anymore. im gonna go watch tv. i have had enough. I know I wont come back to this. I just dropped out of a good faction.
    all I can say is PWI **** you.
  • kallina077
    kallina077 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Oh and furthermore. I actually have a job, and a stressfull one at that. I started this game to have some fun , excitement, chat to some people. forget about the frustrations of real life. Not get another job, and get stressed and wound up. I just finished rendering a wall in my basement and feel a little better now. does that tell you anything about the design of your game.It seems the same for everyone I meet in game. There are a few moments of fun but 99% of it is just something you have to get through. Too busy and frustrated to enter into conversation with others.people don't put money into it because you have the power to pull the rug out anytime, youjust did that for me.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    kallina077 wrote: »
    ...i just spent 43euros...

...I know I wont come back to this.

Thanks for the cash, come again! *grin*

Did you seriously spend gold on materials that you can farm for yourself? Or can even buy from other players for 10 times cheaper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    kallina077 wrote: »
    well 3 years later doesn't look like they improved the situation.
    silk at the boutique is 1 gold for 1 silkthread. gold is selling for 1.4 million coins at the moment. I just used 12 silk 15 rough fur and 12 pur oil for another 3 attempts to make three pairs of 1 star pants for a L42. I have already made 2 pairs of 1 star, so thats 5 altogether. i like crafting but thats it for me. i just spent 43euros to expand my inv get a decent flyer and a mount but you know what. I just dont want to play this anymore. im gonna go watch tv. i have had enough. I know I wont come back to this. I just dropped out of a good faction.
    all I can say is PWI **** you.

Actually it's 1 Gold for 40. And on a side note, nice necro.
  • BIRDDYY - Archosaur
    BIRDDYY - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've killed almost 100s of wolves ...n i only got a single rough fur...... and some very nice people are becoming very rich just by selling 'em.....................
  • snookums69
    snookums69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options

400k?
    I'm on dream weaver too, and last time i saw the 2 star weps for blacksmith they were going for 2 mil each, was only time I had ever seen them in AH for sale.

needless to say i left them there, :)
  • niteman
    niteman Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    To try to answer the question... If the percentage to create a 2☆ is 33%~~ then 3 items of each should be planned for, that you are crafting. (in theory, 3 times each material/s to craft one item)

I've hit it on the first or second try and usually by the third, but I've heard of ppl taking 10-12 times before hitting the 2☆.

I would plan, on minimum, to provide mats to manufacture at least 3 of each item.
    In most cases some of the same mats are needed for the other items you are trying to make, so if you get lucky on one or two you could have enough left over for the second or third... =)

Plus you could recoup some of the cost of manufacturing the items by selling the 1☆ items or if you were really lucky the 3☆ item.
    If you get a 3☆ you can also mash it for Mirage Stone/s as well.
    Any Mats left over can also be sold to defray the costs.

Hope this helps...

A side note: I don't know if it really works or not, but it has been said you will have better luck with a Craftsperson that is not crowded.
    It seems to have worked for me, or I could just be very lucky. =)

you maybe right. first time i went for the band i crated a 3 star. Which i suppose wont work.
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What is this.

I don't even.

PLEASE STAHP.

Frigging Necromancers with their frigginG necromancy and their frigging necros.

Gahhhhh.

My minnnnnnnnnnd. It Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns.