HOW-TO : Ask a pertinent question and run a fair discussion

13»

Comments

• birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lizrau wrote: »
    1. No
    2.Your pet can't be a higher level than yourself.
    3.Buy from players, or farm from certain mobs which I do not know the name of.

Thank you!
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i lost my map on the mob level locations. anyone got a link?
    thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • $mexyBeast - Raging Tide
    $mexyBeast - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    this is helpful :)
  • sistawillowtree
    sistawillowtree Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I downloaded PWI and i've been waiting 6 or more days now for my characters to be created. i contacted Tech Support with an email but it says a reply will be in 3-4 business days and i think that is bull sense i've waited so long already. I've downloaded PWI before and never had to wait for than a day or 2 for a character to be created. b:angry
  • Lyrit - Archosaur
    Lyrit - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a problem, well two actually. First of all I have been playing PWI and coming on here for MONTHS and yet still can't post new threads--why is this? It's really inconvenient because Problem #2: I have a question I really need to ask about a referral issue I'm having and there's just no way around it because I can't make new topics--the referral problem I'm having is that I recently I referred my Stepdad (yeah yeah laugh all you want..) to PWI using the referral link in the refer a friend section (I sent the link via email) and it is actually at least showing that I referred him, which is all well and good. However, when I go to "refer a friend" and it shows his username, next to it is the blue "pending" icon. This shouldn't show up, because he has logged into the game and been playing it for days now. He is already lvl 25 but still has the pending icon next to his name when I go to "refer a friend" and so I can't get my reward. I'm hoping someone can answer me because there isn't a lot I can do seeing as I can't make new threads and this is maybe one place where I'll possibly be heard and not yelled at for posting in the wrong spot. I checked the support section and neither of my problems appear to be covered...I would really really appreciate any and all help b:beg

Thanks.
    Claire Boucher is a beautiful woman making beautiful music ♥
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a problem, well two actually. First of all I have been playing PWI and coming on here for MONTHS and yet still can't post new threads--why is this? It's really inconvenient ...I can't make new threads and this is maybe one place where I'll possibly be heard and not yelled at for posting in the wrong spot. I checked the support section and neither of my problems appear to be covered...I would really really appreciate any and all help b:beg

Thanks.

But , but, it says you joined in December of 2012 TT_TT.

Anyway ... we will try to help ya.
  • Lyrit - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    That's pretty strange, because I signed up around September and if you take a look I even have achievements dating back to September...but anyway, thank you :) I just found the "Contact Us" tab so I'll give that a try too.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Forum join date is based on the first time you were on the forums with the icon you've chosen to use (more specifically, your first post). So if you browsed the forum without being logged on or didn't use that specific avatar, the join date there is what you'll wind up with.

That aside, the reason you can't create new threads is due to n anti-bot security measure. You'll be able to create your own threads in four days.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lyrit - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    Oh I see, I think I changed my avatar yesterday...that makes sense now. Thank you so much for your help b:victory

I don't know if the referral problem I have can be resolved so easily though, I guess filing a ticket for it was okay to do? I don't want to be wasting anyone's time but I'm not sure how to fix this one ^^;
  • missanitee
    missanitee Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Im dling this game now and red that 2 classes can heal...the healer and (I forgot the other class) Do people need healers since there is another class that also heals?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    missanitee wrote: »
    Im dling this game now and red that 2 classes can heal...the healer and (I forgot the other class) Do people need healers since there is another class that also heals?

Clerics and Mystics both heal. Clerics have a bit easier time to get into parties and primarily focus on healing in groups unless another cleric is present. Mystics get to do more DD and a more varied squad role but sometimes have a harder time getting squads since people prefer cleric heals for the buffs.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ghostworriorr
    ghostworriorr Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Dear all,

You may be in a bad mood, in the wrong period of the month, frustrated because you've just once more be outruned with the latest shaodu cub taming contest, genetically lazy, or really tired of your hard working day at the Wall Street Stock Echange.... but this does not ALWAYS excuse the posting of another nth post about a very well and already documented subject.... It is quite easy to check before you ask, and the reward being to keep other people in a good mood worth it.

Also remember that the "protection" given by anonymity does not allow you to act as a vulgar bad-mannered kid. Acting superior and rude may give you some impression of power over people, but mainly it gives you a pathetic reputation and it may also brings you somme painfull spanks if you happen to meet the people in real life.

Then, here are a few rules that one may always follow before even thinking about opening a new post:

- the SEARCH option is your friend. Learn about it, use it, and NEVER ask a question before you've done it first. ONLY if you do not find you answer there could you consider looking at the other rules or/and posting your question
    - Did you try to look at the guides/FAQ clearly sticked on the top of ALL forums threads stacks? You'll nearly always find your answer there... there is even one called "Beginner FAQ - Please read before posting!". No question whose answer could be found there should ever be posted!
    - Can't remember if I told you about how to SEARCH...
    - Sometimes, words may vary from one to another leading to search failure... try different spelling, or thing about nicknames. Some famous examples are the NIX = phoenix/ph(oe)nix/phenix, and HERC = Hercule etc...
    - Do you remember the SEARCH option?
    - Don't know what HH, TT, WTF, OMG, LMAO*, .... mean? Do u really think you are the first wondering about that? There are a lot of guides about them.... and some are sticked so that they are easy to find (eg try "Commonly used abbreviations"). Did you also try to guess?
    - SEARCH... does that remind you of something?
    - Make your subject clear. Avoid the common "a few question(s)". People should know before opening the post if they may be able to answer or not.
    - Search
    - Is your question really linked with the forum you are going to post in? If not, please try to find a more appropriate one, to avoid extra work for the Mods!
    - Search could be translated as "rechercher" in french.
    - If you plan starting your post with "I am sorry if it has already been asked before but..." then surely it had. And if so, it will irritate people... look at first and second rules
    - There is an option called "SEARCH"
    - If this makes your post clearer, don't hesitate to use text formating : bold, italic, colors, size, etc.... But this is not a fashion contest : do it to help people get your point, not to make their eyes bleed..
    - Someone people sometimes perform a search before posting.
    - There are plenty of databases or database-like websites that gather nearly all the informations you may be looking for (here again, info can be found in the "Beginner FAQ" under the "MISCELLANEOUS" part)
    - Do I sound like I insist on searching? : on purpose! 80% of the posts would have not been posted if a real search had been previously performed. In order to prove it, I propose you try to search for "FB19"... this is meaningful.
    - ...And this would surely have been 90% if FAQ/guides had been read first.

And the ones about being fair :

- There is a common rule that says that a discussion is over (ie definitely fruitless) as soon as someone has named someone/something else "facist" (or any synonym). Indeed, this should never be used... there are a few other similar words/sentences that should FOREVER be banished in order to keep discussing instead of fighting. I am sure I don't need to give you a list of them.
    - Level is not the same as IQ. Don't mix things up.... it may be very boring for some less experienced player facing some other player who acts like he is a kind of Genius King or something similar.
    - Not everyone can talk a fluent and perfect English (especially me as a native French talking being)... even some native-English talking people I know don't. Not only pointing out that flaw will not strengthen your argumentation, but also this will irritate people trying to argue with you. Definitely something that you should be aware of and thus avoid. However, if you mean to help someone improve his language abilities, there are plenty of polite ways to do it without breaking the discussion.
    - But also, If you belong to the previous category, try to understand that people may not understand you, and don't get rude about that : try to say it a different way, or ask a friend/relative to help. And if you eventually can't manage to make it clear, try to say it in your language and ask if someone could translate it for you.
    - If you are VERY angry or irritated about something and wanna talk about this..... don't. Wait until you get calmer. No fair nor intelligent discussion can be built on emotional basis.
    - If you feel like the real world doesn't want you or doesn't like you, don't take your revenge on anonymous players as soon as you can.... we are sorry for you but this will not help you get better. Instead, the numeric world will also start hating you.
    - If someone has not said something, then he has not. Do not answer to what you think is only suggested unless you are perfectly sure it was... languages mistakes and non-native english could be quite confusing.
    - If you happen to ask something, a quick and easy "thank you" after you've been answered makes a great difference between a human being and something else.
    - "WTF, tak it ez every1 . LMAO. :)))))))) LoL U suk" is not proper english, even for a non native-talking person. Really, avoid it if you don't want people to get angry about you for no apparent reason....
    - There is a forum called "Rules of Conduct"... did you read it?
    - Eventually, remember the player you are arguing with may be 30 years older or younger than you.... Being aware of this may seriously improve the quality of many discussions.

These many rules could also apply in game of course.

Yours faithfully,

Dys

PS : I told you English was not my native language. So feel free to point out (fairly) the many mistakes I surely did. I will correct them asap.
    PS' : I am surely not exhaustive about rules that you should follow to improve forum overall quality. I'll add the ones you'll suggest (unless they are REALLY stupid indeed)
    PS ''' : I would gladly provide a French version of this If you want one. For other languages, you'll have to ask your friends with good english abilites.
    PS'''' : I have followed my own rules and search for such a topic.... if I happened to fail : feel free to throw me everything you can find (including money of course!)

* : Holly Hall, Twilight Temple, What the F***!, Oh My God!, Laughing My A** Off
    tyb:dirty
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Interesting :)
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elementalnymph
    elementalnymph Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So in search bar, I said the one thing which I need help with and can't get help with:
    "How to use Arc"

Now, in furthering my question, I took hours to download this game and clicked play and there's this menu full of buttons and none actually open a game, so what do I do to begin actually playing this game? I want a nice, fun rpg, but the last few days I have been fighting to play a buggy game. So I come here to my 2nd most interesting option, and now I can't even figure out how to start playing. This is unbelievably frustrating.

And don't give me a "search first" lecture. I did. I got literally nothing.

b:cry
  • vonfelty
    vonfelty Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have question since I cannot post new threads (its been more than 3 days since I created my forums account too).

Is there a dungeon finder in game? As one that queues persons automatically or do you have to find groups manually through chat?

Thanks,

vonFelty
  • remnove5th
    remnove5th Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sweetiebot pls display server status
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    remnove5th wrote: »
    sweetiebot pls display server status
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• oakcreekcoyote
    oakcreekcoyote Posts: 3 Arc User
    Here's a question specifically about searching. I'm not at all new to forums in general but this particular forum (Vanilla, I guess) is presenting a very frustrating issue: the search is for Arc games in general, not PWI in specific. When I've run a search on "camera angle". I get tons of hits from other games, but none for PWI. Since keybinding, shortcuts, movement and camera control are widely different throughout games I would like to find some specific to PWI. When adding "PWI" to the search string, I find I get a number of posts where pwi (the company) is mentioned or where this game is being discussed in other forums.

Now this is a specific search I'm dealing with right now, but the general fact seems to apply to all searches. Is there a way to narrow a search by forum (or sub-forum, etc)? I can't see anything about "advanced search" anywhere around. I admit I am occasionally blind to small things like this, but I have looked several times.

Any advice on searching within a particular forum would be much appreciated.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of this forum...

Every link in every google search I run which points to any thread/post here get's auto-shunted to the page which essentially says "hey look! We've got a new kind of forum software! Aren't we great for telling you this over and over?". Not impressed.

Coyote
  • palagriz
    palagriz Posts: 1 Arc User
    hello,im kinda stuck.what questline do i start in order to take the level 29 boss fight?
  • oromis09
    oromis09 Posts: 1 New User
    Dudes, I used an item on my sacer lv 55, it gives me a lot of XP and now i am lv95. I dont know what itens (armors and weapons ) I should wear. What you recomend me?
  • noobcatshop
    noobcatshop Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Khed I'm so cool!
    Post edited by noobcatshop on