EVENT: MAY Calendar Creation Contest Winners (see post 4-6 for runner ups)!

Options

Comments

• Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    These were my entries:

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/65405/may39744.jpg
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/65405/may21584.jpg
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/65405/may13309.jpg

Please tell me what you think of em..... THANK YOU.. would be very appreciated....

Never even went to runner up to any of the entries and I participate since the 1st one.... Beginning to think I don't have what it needed and should just stop trying :(

Thanks in advance for your comments :)

Yours are really cool! Don't give up, just keep trying. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    This was my entry tell me what you guys think. i was trying to go for a mothers day theme.... oh well lol..

pwi6678.jpg
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • anavastia
    anavastia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/shambray24/template-MAY.jpg

lol This was mine, took me a long time to draw it and color it on photoshop, i dont have a pen tablet can't really afford it so i had to do everything with a mouse. Lol on top of that i think i was off topic but I'm gonna try again for June and try to stay on subject.
  • Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear
    Deceitsoul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    anavastia wrote: »
    http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk80/shambray24/template-MAY.jpg

lol This was mine, took me a long time to draw it and color it on photoshop, i dont have a pen tablet can't really afford it so i had to do everything with a mouse. Lol on top of that i think i was off topic but I'm gonna try again for June and try to stay on subject.

wow looks pretty good to me, a very creative flow
    A Faction leader is not just someone that helps the faction its self, but also gives back and helps the world. *If not then what kind of leader are you ?o.0

*Faction or not -help those in need.*
    Let me know if i can be of any help in anyway, Im up for just about anything.b:victory
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    Jedentag - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    woot! top 5! *very happy* ^-^ cant wait for that mount :D what are the level requirements?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    o.o *stares at his very wordy exam paper*
    that time of year has come >_>

soz guys who wanted that sig b:shutupb:sad
    will have to hold me to it
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Below are the four entries, I had sent' toward the contest. First and last time I will do an event!

P.S.
    I have, no time to waste anymore toward such events!

b:bye

common we all did our best but we can try again, why give up now, i meen you can always submit one entry in stead of 4 and work on it for a few hours even a day, for me its fun, and i think i'll try again ^^
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Ashieka - Sanctuary
    Ashieka - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Everyone did an excellent job. How you guys can draw like that, its amazing.
    Congratulations to the winners and runners up.

Here are mine. Not real good. I am the Cut 'n Paste Princess. LOL
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/leshasplace/maycal2.jpg
    http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg73/leshasplace/maycal.jpg
  • XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wow. Who judges these things .. =S
    They advise you to use things they give you yet none of the selected winners used them.
    IMO they suck.
    Except Torhn's (that ones good b:victory)

Heres mine.. let me know wat you think..

http://i43.tinypic.com/28lt53b.jpg
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    The thing is, this is at best assumption but, the votes are based on originality, creativeness, design, amount of effort (thought to be) put in, atmosphere, and lastly graphics accuracy. ART critique wise we can probably point out flaws in every submission PWI got, as an artist ive even seen some telltale signs of tracing involved in past submissions, hell they even won but apparently no voter noticed (you know who you are>_>). No submission is 'TEH BEsT!' overall, because the ones chosen all seem to exceed in a diff. category of their own, thats for sure. But this isnt an art contest so overall it kinda just boils down to matter of preference and taste of the choosing pple involved.

tyvm for the defence, i used a program called 'Adobe Fireworks', some of you may know, and I have been using this for numerous years and know most effects and tools; so, although i spent several days on my entry, its just a bit of fun! no one lost out on anything, i got rewarded for something i can do, i enjoy, and i've spent time on :) and im happy, its not my only entry, but it wasn't kist graphical ability! tyvm again Deceptistar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i used a program called 'Adobe Fireworks', some of you may know, and I have been using this for numerous years and know most effects and tools;
    Yeah yours seems to land on the category of 'Graphic Design'. The kind that is actually usable in ads, magazine fronts, and businesses. (and probably the more sought after skills in job ads)

aside from that other poplular categories seem to be Illustration, and Character Design
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    awww tyvm again, bless u. glad you see the bigger picture, i never saw it that way ^-^!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congratulations everyone! I didn't see all the other entries yet, but I really like yours, Aelicia - the dance and Plexa's are my favorites from these. Love the scene in Torhn's too, but I like the simpler style of the other two and the flow :)

I have to agree! Ael' and Torhn, ure pieces are amazing! I love the cute little cactopods ^-^ very festive, and Torhn's is xD hilarious, i can't handle hot foods myself - comes out nasty lol..... anyway gratz u both are great :D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Important question to the GMs;

thise awesome lion mount ~ it's level 60 (thats a problem) will it be sent out spurred? or do we have to somehow find the 15g ourselves o_o

b:shockedb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dont think you can spur the lion mount, can you? You might just have to power level to 60
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    oh noes D: i dont level anymore... lol its so ... ugh boring o_o

ill just give it to my faction leader ^-^ shes awesome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i dont think you can spur the lion mount, can you? You might just have to power level to 60

yep, the Lion mount can be spurred (it will drop it to Level 20, i think).

Sorry, JedenTag but the Lion Mount has already been created and accounted for in the budget.

LEVEL UP! b:chuckle
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • BigPunisher - Sanctuary
    BigPunisher - Sanctuary Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to the winner b:victory!!

Lion Mount must be the biggest prize that is ever being given out. WOW!!!
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    if only i could ride it xD it would take me several years to get to 60 o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• XMidKnight - Lost City
    XMidKnight - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Aww.. Hope the prize is as good next month.
    I may start on a few designs later today :P
    Disappointed about not winning though. I had a feeling that the prize was going to be a lion mount b:cry

Ahwell fingers crossed for next month b:victory
  • Torhn - Heavens Tear
    Torhn - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I have to agree! Ael' and Torhn, ure pieces are amazing! I love the cute little cactopods ^-^ very festive, and Torhn's is xD hilarious, i can't handle hot foods myself - comes out nasty lol..... anyway gratz u both are great :D:D
    Hehe! Thank you! I can't get enough of Mexican food, even if its spicy and causes stomach turmoil, it is so good! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Destelle - Heavens Tear
    Destelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Wow, if only we knew the prize would be a lion mount! I definitely wish I could've tried now~ QQ!

Anyways, Congratulations to all the winners and (future) runner-ups, great job! b:victory
  • Lareish - Harshlands
    Lareish - Harshlands Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Nothing came to mind for Cinco de Mayo, so I went with this.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/maycalendar.jpg

Great storybord on there! I really like how you did it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harshlands || Lareish (Wz), Enraged Executor || AKA Howl Leader Garmr

~~ ~~~ The semi-sane, optimistic cynic with a light heart. ~~~ ~~
  • parnofvalis
    parnofvalis Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I JUST got done downloading and installing this game........

and its down for maintenance. Go figure.
  • Q - Dreamweaver
    Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What?! lion mount??? I thought it was black raptor! if I knew i would have entered..b:surrender
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Where's the June thread? I'm coming back and bringing it on this time; I already started my entry (sort of).
    yay
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    For the first time I will be entering this competition :) For june that is *waiting for the june thread*
  • Gau - Dreamweaver
    Gau - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    What I didn't know you get mounts from winning this...its on now but if i dont win,can I atleast pet the mount lol b:victory
  • Sentha - Heavens Tear
    Sentha - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Still waiting for the runner ups of may... b:surrender
  • Jedentag - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Options
    i want to see the runners up too, and as for next month

winners get 'previews' (so to say) of future fly mounts :O whoever wins next will be the first on the servers to have one! imho they should sell it for a killing, then reby when its public and make a killing ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]