Pets, numbers, and sorting. Answer to the eternal "What's the best pet?" question !

Comments

• Edyn - Dreamweaver
    Edyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think yes, but better wait till someone who does have a herc tells ya :p
    Just saw your post and wanted to say Gratz with your brandnew herc b:laugh
    Cant wait to get one to!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Silvychar b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sorry for this nub Question b:surrender
    But i finaly get my Herc and read that Pounce should be replaced with Bash.
    Is this right ?

I don't want to do a Mistake with my Herc ^^''

Bash will produce more aggro. Pounce is a nice stun.

Check here: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petskill.php

Pounce is extremely rare and very expensive to replace.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Lianxiang - Heavens Tear
    Lianxiang - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    thx Edyn
    Now i really know why everyone want a Herc, i love it b:dirty

I know that Pounce is a really rare one, thats why i'm a little confused that some People replace this Skill.
    But its anoying when a Kowlin steals aggro all the time b:beatup
    Assassin - Level 9x (Demon
    LA Venomancer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Archer - Level 9x (Sage)
    Barbarian - Level 7x
  • Tomaha//k - Raging Tide
    Tomaha//k - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I put bash on my herc.

I dont know what a herc. would be like with pounce, but i do know that i can still steal agro from my herc.. from what i know bash holds agro better then pounce, but fact is its easy to pull from the herc..
  • piratesback
    piratesback Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hi, i caught a jaden qingfu and lvl it up to 16. but everytime i attack a mob, the mob decides to attack me instead of the pet.
    so im wondering if the mobs will attack the qingfu instead of me if i lvl it up more,
    or am i wasting my time lvling the qingfu cuz its not gonna block mobs for me.
    thx b:pleased
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only skill a qingfu comes with is boost, so it's going to hit with only normal attacks, and you outdamage it so attract aggro. I'm afraid if you want to keep the qingfu, you're either going to haave to wait until it's done a fair amount of damage, or spend some coin and skill it up with some aggro skill(s) (I'd suggest starting with bash.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • piratesback
    piratesback Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only skill a qingfu comes with is boost, so it's going to hit with only normal attacks, and you outdamage it so attract aggro. I'm afraid if you want to keep the qingfu, you're either going to haave to wait until it's done a fair amount of damage, or spend some coin and skill it up with some aggro skill(s) (I'd suggest starting with bash.)

i see thx
  • LAlmmar - Raging Tide
    LAlmmar - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    and what about the glacial walker ? b:surrender
  • U_N_O - Lost City
    U_N_O - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The best pet in game is ur credit card atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nonsence,why not its nonsence let it be nonsence!

this msg is totaly...euhm.... >.> nonsenceb:laugh
  • vanclvoz
    vanclvoz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    whats the hardest hitting ranged pet?
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The Eldergoth Sharpshooter hits harder the eden cactopods. I haven't compared with other pets though.
  • vanclvoz
    vanclvoz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    how about its range? does it hit from as far as venomancers spells?
    edited December 2010
    The higher the pet's tame level, the farther it's range. I haven't measured the exact range of any of the pets, but the 89/91 eden cactopods make excellent lurers and can usually lure from outside the aggro radius (usually, there are a couple of exceptions, such as pulling Peachblossom Ritualist in Abaddon).

The Eldergoths have significantly lower range, but in my experience, this doesn't make that much of a difference with what you use them for. Normally, they would be considered a tank pet and your previous question makes me believe that's what you're investigating. In this case, the range of the pet will be greater than the range of the magic attack of the mob/boss you're fighting, so the target will go towards your pet anyway. Assuming skills are turned off, he won't go into melee range though, so he'll be safe from getting slapped around physically.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    the eldergoth's ranged attack doesn't have near the range of a level-10 scarab --- i'd say not even half that. but it's got plenty range enough to stay out of melee range, which is enough for most uses.

the cactopods are said to be longer ranged than the eldergoth, but i can't verify this myself, not being of a level to have a cactopod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Chanteus - Sanctuary
    Chanteus - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    When fighting mobs, almost any pet is good enough. Anything with a good and fast attack (and maybe evade) can make a good DD. Give it the best Flesh Ream it can learn and you are set.

For me, the issue is tanking bosses, and then defense is the most important stat. The more damage you can reduce, the less you have to heal and your pet's survival depends on you healing more than the boss does.

Many FB bosses have equal strength attacks of magic and phys with the magic triggering as soon as it cools down, and the phys triggering in between. This makes Pdef slightly more important, but not by much.

In Twilight Temple, many bosses have bigger magic attacks so a bigger Mdef pays off well. I have been pretty happy with my Frogling, though I see that a Shaodu Cub is probably just a little better.

Two months ago I made a bet with myself that I could level a char to 70 in 5 weeks playing nights and weekends. I chose a Veno because they play fast and easy, and are fun. They are also about the best solo leveler in the game along with Psychics. I ended up making it to 68. I had to minimize my time training pets, plus I was using base game cages, so I got a lv 9 Frogling between 9 and 12 as my land pet and tank, then I have traded up on flyers and swimmers as higher level pets became available. I've sunk most of my spare cash into skills for the frog, used game armor as I could find it with some hand me downs from my other characters, and it has been a blast. Now I'm 75 and I've slowed down enough that I am planning for long term issues.

A starting beetle lv 2 or 3 will have great stats and be a very decent tank, but you will have to pay for all it's training. Glacial Walker and Magmites are strong Pdef, but weaker on Mdef, Frogs are slightly better on Mdef and make a very good tank, but in the long run your equipment is at least as important.

edit:
    It would seem that the two bears are about the best tanking pets short of the two elite pets which I will probably never own. Enough about that.

To give yourself the best possible results boost your Magic with equipment bonuses, reduce channeling as much as possible, and improve your attack bonuses on your weapon. This will boost your heals and speed up your spells for more HPS. These will help your pet captures too if you are into that.

Socket Pdef and HP stones so you have a chance to survive the Phys AoE bosses and stay in fox form if there is any doubt. Whenever you tank a boss near your limit, use potions instead of trying to swap mp and hp, it is just too risky and the pet often dies.
    edited December 2010
    I just ran outside arch and tested the ranges of the Eldergoth Marksmen and the Ethereal Inamorto (lvl 91 Eden cactopod).

Neither have a range greater than maxed veno mage skills but the cactus has roughly double the range as the eldergoth.

I'm not sure how to measure the exact range, but just eyeballing it, it looked like the eldergoth had around 7-8 meters in range and the cactus had about 14-15 meters.
  • RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    where are located Crystalline Magmite are they the ones in Tideborn zone and what are good skills 2 put on them, if I want to solo bosses like Kimsa, Krimson, Nightguard, DoD, Slith, Shade Eido and the ones from Wraith Plot.

Also can a lv6X Veno can solo fb19-39 with that pet?

PS: Wheres the guide that shows venos how to control the pet 2 lure boss like quingzi when the door is shut and it has to control the pet to get boss near the squad?
    edited January 2011
    where are located Crystalline Magmite are they the ones in Tideborn zone and what are good skills 2 put on them, if I want to solo bosses like Kimsa, Krimson, Nightguard, DoD, Slith, Shade Eido and the ones from Wraith Plot.

The magmites are around the human fb19; the walkers are in the tideborn zone.

Skills: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=40063852
    Also can a lv6X Veno can solo fb19-39 with that pet?

19 should be easy, 29 and 39 might be possible by that level with a golem (haven't looked at it recently and it's been awhile...) although an Eldergoth Marksman would be a better suited tank for soloing the bosses in the latter two.
    PS: Wheres the guide that shows venos how to control the pet 2 lure boss like quingzi when the door is shut and it has to control the pet to get boss near the squad?

Last I heard, this was a bannable offense...

Luring in general: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Venomancer_Luring
  • RauI - Archosaur
    RauI - Archosaur Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    thank you very much Im planing making veno stop asking 4 help on those bosses.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Does anyone know where I can find pictures of all the tameable mobs that are available in the game? The one on the front page listed as having screenshots doesn't work.
    edited January 2011
    Not sure about *all* of the mobs, but the more common ones are shown on ecatomb.

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Not sure about *all* of the mobs, but the more common ones are shown on ecatomb.

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/petstat.php

Yeah, I've been using that one. I notice that site has extra pages with more pets listed, but I can only access them through google search for some reason.

I was hoping to find out what tameable mobs were in the game that were golden or yellow in color, as well as some of the more "macho" mobs besides the Nivastoks and the Eldergoths.
  • XaShasta - Archosaur
    XaShasta - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    So I've been wandering around the tideborn area, both as new Tideborn characters, and now as my veno. I think there is a new rare pet, I've seen it twice, but both times was playing with my new tideborn and my Veno was far from the tideborn area. It def. does not spawn normally, though it is only level 8. Do all rare pets spawn 5 hours after server maintenance? I'm a bit new at this venomancer taming thing.

No one answered this.... and i can't find any new listings for a new rare. So could you post the name of it and the cords? I would like to check it out.
    edited January 2011
    If there really was a new rare tamable mob, I'm sure that people would have talked about it by now.

I remember seeing a couple of unique, elite, mobs when levelling up my newb sin and psy, but I think they're along the same lines as the terrorclaw mob around Stairway to Heaven and the firefox mob that roams through the Swamp of the Wraiths (and many more) - an elite, untamable mob, there for not much more than killing.
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So my Magmite is still viable and has no need to be replaced! YAY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just want to ask where can you get a baby herc? I mean I thought there was only a regular herc?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
    edited February 2011
    The Baby Hercules is the regular pet, it and the nix both have the "Baby" prefix in their names.

And those two, ofc, can only be obtained thru the boutique.
  • dstrkr
    dstrkr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So my Magmite is still viable and has no need to be replaced! YAY!

Glacier Walker is better and has been proven in this forum i think or another one

I droped my magmite for this one and lvled it..was a whle but it did prove to be better
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    dstrkr wrote: »
    Glacier Walker is better and has been proven in this forum i think or another one

I droped my magmite for this one and lvled it..was a whle but it did prove to be better

Lvl 40 Magmite:

1309 HP
    834 Attck
    3792 pdef
    2528 mdef
    5.7 speed

lvl40 Glacial:

1423 HP
    833 Attck
    3772 pdef
    2766 mdef
    5.8 speed

Glacial has way more HP and mdef and a BIT less pdef..so Glacial is better overall.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • luke1368
    luke1368 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Good job *thumbs up*

I am not that sure about Baby Hercules being on the top of Patk.
    And doesn't Antelope Pup have better Mdef than Guardian Wolf? True, Antelope has bit less HP (2447vs2625), but it's Mdef is much better than wolf's (8662vs7944). It just makes me hard to believe it...

maybe i should have a antelope pup i have a lvl 70 headless night tho so i really dont know or i should not use guin hai and use antelope pup plz tell me